Jump to content

The Challenge

   (6 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Out of necessity, Armie accepts what his life has become, but when a handsome stranger issues an unexpected challenge, the walls he's so carefully constructed begin to weaken. Once the dust settles, will they crumble altogether?

This little story is about courage, and faith that life holds magic if we let ourselves be open to it.
Copyright © 2020 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 4
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 4
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 6
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Marty

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I'll be truthful and say that once I realised what the background was behind this short story I very nearly stopped reading, if only because it's a trope I've come across before and it doesn't usually work for me. However, @Headstall managed to grab my attention early on and hold onto it until the end.

Two lost souls come together one evening. Trent is willing to take a chance, but Armie is reluctant as he feels it can't work. As the pair talk, and I learnt more about what has brought each of them to this point in their lives, I found myself liking each of them more and more.

I'm not usually one to give spoilers in story comments so, if you want to find out whether Arnie's walls finally crumble (to use the metaphor that @Headstall uses in the story synopsis), you'll just have to read the story for yourself. I think you will enjoy it.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Marty! I've always wanted to write a story along these lines, mainly because of people and situations I know. I'm pleased you were drawn in, and hope others will be inspired to read this. Cheers!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Bill W

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This isn't your typical love story, but it's well written and I'm sure it will touch your heart , the same way it touched mine.  You've got two guys, Trent and Armie, who come from different worlds, but in their own way they're both lonely.  But they're not going to be lonely any longer.  Read it, and I promise you'll enjoy it as much as I did.  

Response from the author:

Thanks, Bill. I love this little story, so any attention it gets makes me happy. I appreciate you taking the time to recommend it to others. I think new readers would find the characters likeable and believable. :)  Cheers! 

  • Love 2
Link to review
Mancunian

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Short, sweet and brilliantly well written. Yes it's a topic that has been covered by many authors, but I am sure that the author's talent in creating his characters and this story will draw you in as it did me. The MC's have a real feel to them which is a testament to the skills of @Headstall. Read it I'm sure you will get as much pleasure from it as I have.

Response from the author:

Thank you for the kind words of recommendation, Mancunian. This review makes me happy. :D I wanted to write this story because despite it being a trope to some, it was very real to me, and based on situations I am familiar with. Love has no boundaries if a heart is open. This little journey explores that idea... and the characters still live in my brain. I hope they will stay with readers too. Cheers! G.

  • Love 3
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Armie is a whore and Trent is his current client...or maybe a stalker!  A short about a one night stand or something more?  You'll have to find out by reading this interesting story.  Brief but well written, it is like a small package containing a wonderful surprise.

Response from the author:

That about sums it up. :)  Thanks for recommending this story. Trent and Armie were wonderful characters to explore, and remain in my head to this very day. Happy you found something good here. Cheers! 

  • Love 2
Link to review
IanDaniels

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great story! This would make a fantastic multi-chapter story! 😉

Response from the author:

Thanks, Ian. I enjoyed writing this one a lot. We could see more of Trent and Armie one day, if I ever find the time. Happy to hear you enjoyed it, and hope this review convinces others to give the story a try. Cheers! 

  • Love 3
Link to review
Nahrung

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Loved the story and sorry that it came to an end... I've known people like Armie and even befriended a few. They're tough nuts because they have to be. They only accepted my friendship because they figured out that I truly liked them and wanted nothing from them other than friendship. It's a tough life sometimes.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Nahrung! I agree... it is a tough life, but it is possible to find some happiness. Glad you liked Trent and Armie's story. Cheers!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..