Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Brian: Taking Courage - 15. Toby's friends

Brian was privately having kittens. Previously, he'd hardly had to deal with Toby's friends and their parents, that had been mainly Deirdre. But now, here he was, here they were; Gordon was getting the boys settled in the car. Gordon had laughed at him last night and commented that they were only kids. It would only be like having two Tobies.

And it was. Noah was remarkably polite, but once back in the flat the two demolished juice and cake like they were starving. He and Gordon had bought the cake from the supermarket, but Brian had got a couple of recipes from his Mum. He planned to give them a try and see what happened. His Mum was coming to see the flat on Sunday, and he planned to experiment. Brian remembered being Toby's age and coming home from school to find his Mum having a baking afternoon. The kitchen smelling warm and welcoming with cake or pie or something just out the oven. Brian certainly couldn't recreate that, but it'd be fun to be able to put homemade cake on the table.

Cake over, the boys went out onto the balcony and were there for ages. Toby seemed to be giving Noah a guided tour of each individual plant. The boys were chatting away rather low, so it was difficult to hear what they were saying. Gordon came to stand close to Brian.

"He's finally found a mate who likes the same things."

"Looks like it. Suspect we might be seeing more of Noah."

"Nice enough boy, polite."

"Wonder what is parents are like?"

"Well, they know we're gay and haven't seemed to freak out. How was she on the phone?"

Brian shrugged, "Pleasant, if business-like. Quite chatty, but sounds as if she has a decent job, meetings running over and that."

"Live on Cavendish Hill too.

"We can hardly compete with that."

Gordon poked Brian with a finger, "I happen to think that our flat has a particular charm", he grinned, "Besides, Noah's here because of our regional jungle."

"Speaking of which, they've gone a big quiet."

They went out onto the balcony to find the two boys lying on the floor staring at the bug hotel. Both very intent and completely oblivious to whatever muck they might pick up from the floor.

The visit was a success and the two boys planned to get together again. In the car over to Noah's parents, Noah and Toby were chattering constantly about the bugs, the idea for keeping bees, what the plants were doing, which ones might flower and attract insect life. Noah's parent's house was a big 1950s neo-Georgian affair. Whatever Noah's Father did, the family wasn't short of a bob or two. It seemed rude to simply drop Noah off yet pulling onto the drive felt presumptuous. So, they parked on the road, walked past the neatly trimmed front lawn (few flowers, no shrubs), and rang the bell. Noah's Mother answered the door, a short, yet substantial woman with fly away grey hair pulled loosely into at bun.

"Ah, Noah. So you must be Brian and Gordon, and Toby. Lovely. You've time to come in? Good. Noah, take Toby upstairs and we can chat for a bit. OK?" Noah simply said OK, and the two boys gleefully escaped.

Noah's Mother, who introduced herself as Marina, let them through to a large kitchen that seemed a node of chaos and made what Brian thought of as their messy kitchen seem immaculate.

"Sorry about the mess. Bit of a challenging week at work and Val, my husband, has been up all hours as there was a crisis at the hospital. Would you like a glass of wine, we usually do at this time? Frankly, by Friday we both need it. Sorry, doing my usual and talking for England."

"Please, we'd like a glass."

They sat at bar stools by what seemed intended as a breakfast bar, though it was covered in papers. Marina poured four glasses and set them down.

"Val will be along in a mo. He's Medical Director at the Vernon Hospital, so is rarely parted from his phone or laptop, always some crisis or other. Though I manage a charity that supports Women's Refuges", she rolled her eyes, "so hardly an easy life either. What about you two?"

"We both work for Ares Security."

"Quite a pricey outfit, I gather", Val proved tall and burly with grey hair, yet also with a sort of ascetic attractiveness. Introductions over, he explained "My brother-in-law is a developer, he looked into using Ares."

"We're quite new there, Gordon and I met whilst work for the Emir. We are both ex-Army, and joined Ares when we finished our tour in the desert."

"The Emir?"

"Sorry, the Emir of -------------, we worked for his private security."

Val and Marina exchanged a look, she smiled, "I see, rather different to the parents of Noah's other friends at school."

Val wrinkled his nose, "Mainly lawyers and accountants."

Marina looked at him, "It's a good school, darling." Val simply rolled his eyes. She continued, "Noah goes to Marsh Senior Academy, it was highly recommended. Where does Toby go?"

“Mereham District Academy though I can't now remember why, I think my ex-, Deidre, Toby's Mother, might have chosen it. It’s convenient for both her place and my Mum’s. What with the Army and the Emir, I've not always been around a lot."

"Yet Toby is living with you, I understand", Marina was smiling, but sharp.

"Yes. Relations with Toby's Mum have been a bit complex. Toby and her current boyfriend don't get on and, well, she sort of decided that it was my turn."

"I see. Quite a commitment."

Gordon decided he needed to contribute, "It was always on the cards, just all happened a bit faster. Still Toby seems happy."

"And you are keen on biology, ecology and all things plant?"

Both Brian and Gordon laughed. "Good grief no. I have no interest at all and neither does his Mum. She likes a nice neat, easy to maintain garden. So he was well pleased when Gordon said he could create his jungle on our balcony."

Gordon grinned, "Not a jungle, we have been informed that they are all local plants. And my parents have a second bug hotel in their orchard", he smiled, "Not to mention the bees."

"Bees?" Marina looked slightly startled.

Brian rolled his eyes, "A notion of Toby's and fortunately or unfortunately both our parents seem to know people keen to help."

"Look, we probably ought to make a move."

"Thanks for the wine."

Marina smiled, "We must do this properly, some time."

Brian smiled, "Judging by the way the boys were concentrating this afternoon, I think they have a lot in common. Oh, we must apologise if Noah’s trousers are dirty, the two decided that the best way to see the bug hotel was to lie on the floor."

Marina laughed, "Don't worry, it won't be the first time."

When Val shouted for the boys to come down, there was a mad scramble in Noah's bedroom.

An initial embarrassment overcome the two boys had decided that following up on the afternoon's events was a good idea. Which meant getting naked and allowing each to explore the other for a bit. Noah's willy was bigger than Toby's, but he was older, and Toby came a respectable second. They'd dared as far as giving each other a blow job, and swallowing. Then much daring they had had a tentative kiss and found that they enjoyed it, and it wasn’t too embarrassing. As they scrambled to get dressed, they decided that there would be a round two. In the car going home, Toby was a bit quiet, but he managed to reassure his Dad that he'd had a great time.

"Do you think that Noah could come round for dinner one evening?"

"If his parents are amenable. You like him?"

"Yeah, he likes things that I like and stuff. We both are doing ecology at school, and he didn't laugh when I told him about our project. He can't come to the Science Fair on Wednesday, but I said that I'd send him some pictures of our project and us on the stand. When you come, would you take some pictures for me?"

"Sure. Why can't you do it yourself?"

"I'll have a go, but I figured yours might look better."

Brian laughed, "Don't bank on it. I might be your Dad but I'm not perfect."

Toby rolled his eyes, "I meant that you're taller and stuff, and can probably keep the camera still. But I'll have a go."

"Good."

But they were still left wondering what the 'and stuff' comment might refer to.

---

The big topic at dinner was bees; Noah’s visit seemed to have set Toby off on the idea again, and this time he had more information. Both Brian and Gordon tried to tamp the enthusiasm down, without being dismissive. Noah’s name popped up a couple of times and despite Toby’s attempts at being laid-back, both men could tell that the boy had enjoyed the visit. They hoped Noah felt that same.

As the television drowned out the sounds of Toby doing his ablutions, the two men cuddled on the sofa, ignoring the true crime drama on TV.

Gordon cocked his head at Brian, "What do you reckon they got up to in Noah's bedroom?"

"You think they had a bit of nookie?", Brian smiled.

"Well, it is possible?"

"I'm not going to ask him about that, yet."

Gordon smiled, "Can't face it?"

"Something like that, but we ought to keep an eye on his relationship with Noah."

"What do you think of Noah's parents?"

Brian grimaced, "Nice enough. She can talk for England. Both a bit bound up in their jobs."

"And how. Thankfully they are just parents of one of Toby's friends."

"Yeah, but we've still got to be nice and friendly."

---

Toby was spending Saturday afternoon and evening with his friend Justin, and Justin's Dad would be returning the boy fed and watered, as Justin's Mum had put it. Again, Brian and Gordon would have to return the favour some time, but that was going to be their home life.

However, the two men had decided to take advantage of the time to themselves. Plans to do something useful went out of the window and as soon as Toby was safely on his way, the two men were kissing and pulling each other's clothes off. There was no need to hide in the bedroom, Gordon simply pressed Brian against the sofa as they undressed each other, then Gordon's hands went to Brian's nipples. He was sure how far he could go, but Brian wanted to cross a few boundaries. Gordon twisted and tweaked, then bent down and bit, it felt good having Brian's thick nipple in his mouth. Brian let out a grunt.

"You OK?"

"Yeah, that was, umm, intense."

"Less or more?"

Brian looked a bit nervous, "More?"

It probably wasn't the most sophisticated tit torture ever, but by the time Gordon made his way down to Brian's dick, it was clear that the big man was loving it. Gordon looked up, Brian had his eyes closed, concentrating hard. He registered Gordon stopping and opened an eye. They kissed and plans changed as Brian leaned back, and they fell over the sofa back leaving Brian upside down, legs in the air, bursting with laughter. Presented with Brian's arse there for the taking, Gordon pressed his face in and applied his tongue, pressing his mouth into Brian's crack. It smelt of the man, sweaty, not rank, very erotic. They weren't usually big on words during sex, except for some basics, one came from Brian now, "Now. Please." It required some readjustment, but Gordon was soon inside him.

The first time this had happened with Gordon, Brian couldn't quite believe it. His first and only fuck prior to that had been like a transaction and nothing more, and Brian had been sore afterwards. But Gordon had taken his time and when he'd bottomed out, it had meant something. Gordon was inside him. When they'd finally got to the point where they reversed roles, and Brian was inside Gordon, he enjoyed it and it felt special, but he preferred Gordon in him. Gordon looked at Brian who had that look on his face.

"Happy?"

"I'd like to stay like this."

"Make work tricky, and Toby would have something to say." They laughed and Gordon finished off, slowly. Almost as an afterthought as they got into a rhythm, he slapped Brian's bum, hard, harder, harder.

"Oh God, that was..."

Gordon looked at Brian, somewhat bemused, "You OK?"

Brian blinked, "That was intense. The combination of you inside me and whacking my bum."

"Did it hurt? Enough? Too much?"

Brian gave a wry grin, "Reckon you could give it a bit more, next time."

"Next time?"

"Yeah", Brian stroked Gordon's dick, slick with cum and lube.

Gordon nodded, "Ok, if you're sure."

"It's odd, the mix of pleasure and pain, really full-on and I don't know where it'll take us."

"We can try. I can easily hurt you, but I don't want to hurt you, if you get my meaning."

"Yeah, I do", Brian got up, "Shower & Shave."

It was a slow, lazy afternoon. They didn't bother dressing, except for when the boy delivered their take-away for dinner.

"We won't get to do this often."

Gordon shrugged, "Then make the most of the moments. OK. The big stuff can usually take care of itself."

They talked small stuff, arrangements for tomorrow, when Brian's Mum was coming over, where Toby had to be and when, during the week. There was a Science Fair involving local school on Wednesday, they planned to go in force, Brian's Mum, Drew and Evie, because Toby was involved in presenting a project. Deirdre was evidently still away, according to her last message to Toby, so the boy was annoyed she would miss it. The show of numbers was as much for him as anyone, his ecology project was going to be on display, and he was as pleased as punch. "Safety in numbers, too", commented Gordon with a grin.

There was work too, clients to see, more logistics.

"I was thinking about Monday's meeting."

Monday morning, the whole Ares team got together to talk through what was happening that week.

"What about it?"

Brian had a look on his face like a kid planning something, "I'm going to mention to Damian the idea of a dress down day."

Gordon stared at him, "Dress down as in..."

Brian's lips quirked, "Jockstrap, underwear or less."

Gordon whistled, "Naked Friday more like."

Brian's nose wrinkled, "Not Friday. Noah and Toby have been around a lot, and we tend to be out and about. But we're all around on Mondays."

"Naked Monday?"

"Something like that."

"You reckon?"

Brian shrugged, "For fuck's sake. Damian and Hugh have dick measuring contests, Kostas likes everyone to know he's freeballing under his overalls and Connor would live in a jockstrap if he could."

"And Philippa"

"Oh, she'd cope. Bet she'd get great fun out of seeing what the blokes all have to offer."

"Wonder what her bloke's like. If it is a bloke."

"You reckon she's into women?"

Gordon shrugged, "Don't know", he gave a rueful grin, "I'm crap at telling whether guys are gay or not so working out about women is just hopeless. It's just..."

"She never mentions a name."

"Lying by omission."

"Not fair to ask, though."

"That's what I reckoned."

---

Sunday morning, Brian woke early. Gordon turned over and went back to sleep, but Brian was restless. Nothing was wrong. It was just that there had been so much change, so quickly. He liked life neat and orderly. In the old days, Deirdre had been the only loose cannon. Now, life was running away with itself, and Gordon was his only anchor. Time to make new routines, to have a new regularity. He got up, switched the oven on and made coffee. Then he sat and read his Mum's baking recipes. He laughed to himself; they were full of little injunctions, don't forget to get the eggs out of the fridge to warm, don't get bored keep going. He could hear her voice from when he was a kid and supposed to be helping her. He set to, making a Victoria Sandwich Cake. He remembered those from way back.

"Daad, you're naked."

Brian grinned at his son, "Only my bum. Look, I've got an apron on. Sorry, I got up early, fancied baking and got carried away."

"Baking?"

"Yeah. I thought it rubbish that we had to buy a cake for when Noah came so I've got some easy recipes from Gran. Thought I'd give one a go, hopefully with a bit of practise I can make one for when Noah comes next."

"Is that OK?"

"Noah coming? Of course. You like him?"

Toby nodded and went a bit pink. Ah, so there might be a bit more to the liking, need to go careful here, "Well, that's good. But don't overwhelm the boy, friendly but not over the top. OK? You have to judge things", he squatted down, "And I'm rubbish at all that, as you've probably gathered."

"OK Dad, thanks. And when you squat like that, I can see your willy", Toby grinned.

"Cheeky bugger. I'll go and put some shorts on."

When it finally came out of the oven, the cake did indeed look respectable. Good enough to pop to the Co-op and get some cream for. Brian cleared up whilst Gordon and Toby went to the shop. When they got back, Toby was in ecstasy. Next Friday, he'd been invited to Noah's after Ares. Noah's parents would feed Toby and asked if Gordon and Brian wanted to have a drink when they collected Toby. There was a similar message on Brian's phone, and they agreed that it was possible. Whilst Gordon and Brian washed and changed, Toby went to tend his plants, pleased that his Gran was coming to see them later that day. Usually, they visited his Gran admired the garden or got roped into doing something to help (not that Toby objected), but now, not only would she be visiting but Toby had a garden to show her.

"You reckon Toby is sweet on Noah?"

"Might be. Can hardly ask him, though."

"They were in Noah's room long enough on Friday."

Brian grinned "They were doing the nasty?"

"Probably not doing as much as you think, when I was that age, it was more about exploring, finding out."

Brian pulled a face. "I'm not sure that I got to up anything in particular when I was 14", he frowned, thoughtful, "leastwise, not that I remember. I hadn't really worked out what I wanted, and sex seemed something a bit distant."

Gordon grinned, "Christ, my school was a lot different. I had several classmates who used to get their end away regularly with girls in the class, and it wasn't unknown for boys to do stuff together too, though that was very much on a ‘helping a mate out’ basis. As I've said, the gay stuff was all kept under wraps. And it wasn't all hot air, most did actually get down and dirty."

"Didn't anyone notice, parents, teachers?"

Gordon shrugged, "There was never much problem. At my first school, I think it was rather taken for granted that we were going to be good. And at the second, things were a bit freer", he grinned, "So, if you took care and were a bit imaginative in your excuses, all sorts could happen."

"Well, I'd rather Toby doesn't get that sort of idea. Experimenting with Noah is one thing, trying out the whole class is another."

Gordon laughed, "Don't think there's much chance of that. Strikes me, that the boy has his head screwed on right."

"I hope so."

Gordon gave him an evil leer, "By the way, if you are going to have cake for the next time Noah visits, then you'll have to get cracking on the Thursday night. The boy will no doubt be coming with us straight from work".

Brian rolled his eyes, "I reckon we can manage a Victoria Sandwich when he comes, this one is edible, isn’t it?"

Gordon shook his head, "Have a bit of confidence, more than edible. Speaking of which?"

With that Gordon ushered Brian off to their bedroom, where pretty soon he had Brian naked and bent over so that Gordon could feast himself on Brian's arse. Bliss.

Copyright © 2023 Robert Hugill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 39
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Many thanks for reading.  I'm always delighted to receive comments and suggestions
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, sex seems to be a good theme. Toby has found a friend to experiment with and they might become closer as a result. It all seems innocent, and Gordon and Brian approve. Plus, the benefit of Noah being away results in Gordon and Brian using their freed up time enjoying and experimenting with their sex life. They happily take the opportunity to play and have great fun.

I somehow expect the bee effort will not be easy and can produce injuries. Bees sting.  A concentration of bees attracted by many flowers or a hive will require attention to safety and maybe protective gear.

I love the effort to bake and bring back good memories.  Pineapple upside down cake is delicious--mmmm.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

This was a very enjoyable chapter.

Brian, Gordon and Toby have settled in nicely as a new family unit, now they intermingle as such with their society at large….while Toby misses his mother, he seems to have a realistic view of her, her absence guarantees a bigger turnout for Toby at school functions and life in general, which he seems to really appreciate. 

Toby and Noah’s sexual exploration was no surprise, just wondering if they are going to be friends with benefits or progress into something more

It was interesting to see the further development of Brian and Gordon’s sex life, Brian is quite the power bottom & Gordon is all too happy to share his expertise with him, lol.

Their new normal looks pretty great, hopefully typhoon Deirdre stays far out to shore.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, FanLit said:

This was a very enjoyable chapter.

Brian, Gordon and Toby have settled in nicely as a new family unit, now they intermingle as such with their society at large….while Toby misses his mother, he seems to have a realistic view of her, her absence guarantees a bigger turnout for Toby at school functions and life in general, which he seems to really appreciate. 

Toby and Noah’s sexual exploration was no surprise, just wondering if they are going to be friends with benefits or progress into something more

It was interesting to see the further development of Brian and Gordon’s sex life, Brian is quite the power bottom & Gordon is all too happy to share his expertise with him, lol.

Their new normal looks pretty great, hopefully typhoon Deirdre stays far out to shore.  

Thanks for the comments and there's plenty in the pipeline.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Lovely chapter, and I really do hope that Toby and Noah stay friends.  Don't know at that age that much more is warranted but who knows.  Noah's parents seem okay, usually upper middle class.  I do love that both Toby and Noah are so into ecology.  A topic that I think is truly important for us all.  

Brian and Gordon continue to find themselves and figure out not only their relationship but those with Toby and those he has brought into their life.  Not sure about the dress down Monday, would think you are running a huge risk; but truly telling if they pull it off.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by centexhairysub
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..