Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 6,112 Words
  • 14,719 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Running with the Pack - 23. Chapter 23

Ethan rested against his mate’s chest as they relaxed on the couch while Trevor and Casey took up the other two chairs in the apartment. Everyone could see Aiden was tired and knew he hadn’t slept. Since they alternated standing watch over their friends, the pair had little sleep themselves. For his part, Ethan felt better, although not quite himself. Raising a hand, he covered his mouth to hide a yawn.

“Guys, thanks for everything last night. Especially you Casey.” Aiden reached out to bump fists with his friends. “I really thought I’d killed him, and my hands were shaking too bad to call for help. You were there when I needed you, and my mate’s alive because of you.”

“It’s no big thing. If I’d been in your shoes, I’d have probably lost my mind in that situation too.” Casey nodded towards Ethan. “I honestly thought we’d lost him when they kept zapping him and the machine didn’t start beeping.”

“If we don’t watch out for you, no telling what trouble you’ll get in.” Trevor joked.

“Okay, guys. You were both up and standing watch at the clinic when you didn’t have to. I know I’m exhausted, and my mate could definitely use a little nap. Go get some rest before the pack meeting this afternoon.”

“Will do, Boss,” Trevor and Casey said as they got up to bump fists with the two mates.

“Ya know? He smells different. He has some of your scent now and not just from sex or wearing your clothes every chance you get to dress him.” Casey observed.

The two friends left, closing the door behind them.

Aiden breathed in his pup’s scent. “Mmmm. You do share my scent now, mixed in with that sweet scent that is all you.”

Ethan sniffed the air, causing his nose to twitch. “You smell even better than I remember.”

“Your sense of smell is getting better already, along with all your other senses. Vision and hearing will be getting more acute over the next few hours and days. And you’ll develop more strength. You’ll have to learn how to tune out the extra stuff you hear or it might get overwhelming. Even with the slight change in your scent, I could still find you anywhere.”

“What did Casey mean by ‘not just from sex?’ I understood the part about wearing your clothes since they smell like you.”

“Well…” He got a sheepish grin. “Lycan can tell by scent when others have had sex. If I shoot in you or you in me, it leaves the scent of the other in you. It’s not something we give much thought to. We kind of expect peoples scent to shift a bit from time to time.”

“So you mean they’ve all known every time you fucked me or I blew you? I’m not gonna stop doing either, but you could have warned me.”

“They also knew every time you fucked me or I’ve blown you, so we’re even. Like I said, it’s just part of being lycan so we don’t give it much thought.”

“Yeah, not much thought which is why Casey mentioned sex.” Ethan tried to figure how to ask what he wanted to. “Umm… How did… I mean… What you turned into when you bit me. What was that?”

“I’m really not sure. It wasn’t a voluntary shift. I’ve never done that before. I don’t know how or why I did this time. Other than my wolf telling me it’s how I was supposed to shift.” Aiden paused in thought. “I could feel a surge of power running through my body unlike anything I’ve ever felt. As I started shifting, I knew something was going to be different. I was surprised when it stopped halfway between human and wolf. I expected it to finish in my full lupus, though I’m not sure how you’d handle me doing that while we’re making love.” He stroked his fingers along Ethan’s chin feeling fresh stubble on the normally smooth face. “I hope it didn’t hurt or scare you when I shifted and that big fur ball ended up on you. Or when I bit you. When I felt it start, I wasn’t able to stop. Just like I couldn’t stop my wolf from biting you.”

Blushing, Ethan confessed. “It was kinda hot actually, both the wolf and the bite. That beast was super sexy from what little I could see. Yeah, I’m not sure about getting mounted by your full wolf, at least not yet, but maybe soon.” Ethan blushed even deeper. “For not completely human shaped sex, whatever that was or however you did it, it would be hot to have you in that shape on top of me again. Maybe even under me, because that’s some wolfie sex I can definitely get into. You felt so good inside me. You’re already hung like a horse, but you got even bigger. Everyplace you rubbed inside me felt incredible.” His arousal built at everything he remembered, and he reached inside Aiden’s sweats. He went quiet for a moment. “We said when the time was right you’d bite me. I guess it was the right time.”

“I love that you have no issue with a little kinky, furry sex at times. That’s one thing I’ve always saved for doing with only my mate. Once you’ve turned, I’m looking forward to that. Even though there will be some differences we’ll have to discuss.” Aiden grinned. “I’m going to try to get a moment with the alpha before or after the meeting and ask him about what happened.”

Aiden lifted his mate and carried him to the bedroom, forgetting the sheets were covered in blood. They returned to the couch for a nap. Ethan was getting comfortable when he scooted down his mate’s body. “Some protein would help me feel better.” After ten minutes, he moved back up to where he started, and was lulled to sleep by the sound of his wolfman’s heart.

******

Along the pack’s southern border, one of the hunters picked up the scent of two ferals. This was the first incursion since Jonas and Anthony arrived. He hit his GPS beacon and radioed in he was tracking two lunis.

The reply was quick. “Weapons hold. Track but don’t engage unless needed. Moving other hunters into position to try and capture.”

Four other hunters moved into position to head off the intruders. The lead on scene was a sergeant present when Rafe got the last two to surrender. He hoped he could get the same results. They brought a few more hunters and trackers to herd the ferals where the team wanted. The plan came together remarkably well, considering the highly unpredictable nature of a feral, let alone two.

When confronted with multiple armed men, both held their position. They scented the air and looked in the direction of Silver Pines. The sergeant laid out his commands, letting them know they wouldn’t be harmed if they remained passive. He tried to replicate the force and tone Rafe had used, while the rest of the hunters kept their weapons trained on their targets.

One of the ferals spoke in wolf, similar to a non-lycan animal. The sergeant stripped, shifted, and woofed out his commands again. It worked. The intruders acknowledged and followed the commands given. He explained everything they were doing as it happened. Two trucks arrived to transport the captives to the medical center for treatment. The sergeant had one of his men show the two a pair of shackles he wanted to place on them. He woofed out, “I need to put these on you to transport you. It’s for our safety and yours. They have silver and wolfsbane in them. Not enough to cause you pain or harm, it will only weaken you so no one gets hurt.”

The first lunis remained still as the shackles were champed on its wrists and ankles. The second seemed unsure, but received a growl from the first. It bared its neck and complied. Unlike Jonas, these two never spoke in a human voice. They did seem to understand the commands that came in wolf at least. Once loaded in the vans, they were taken for the doctor to examine.

The sergeant radioed in. “Code 4. Lunis in transit to med center. No injuries on either side. Will need to translate instructions in wolf.”

Everyone present remained puzzled by the recent change in feral behavior. In the past, when faced with a hunter, they would often attack or try to flee, much as any other wild animal would do when faced with a threat. Regardless of the cause though, lives on both sides were being saved. The hunters did not have to kill the feral, and they did not attack anyone they encountered. The sergeant returned to town to make his report on the incident.

******

Aiden woke to knocking on the door. Kissing the top of Ethan’s head, he rolled out from under his sleeping mate to find Casey and Trevor in the hallway.

“Almost time for the pack meeting. We figured you’d probably oversleep.” Trevor was flipping through messages on his phone.

“Yeah, okay. We should probably shower real quick. Have a seat or we can meet you downstairs.” Aiden rubbed his eyes and yawned.

“We’ll meet you down in the lounge.” Trevor tipped his head before the two walked off.

Running a hand over Ethan’s face and down to the bite mark on his neck, Aiden was filled with joy as he woke up his sleeping beauty. “Come on, Pup. We need to get ready for the meeting.”

Ethan tried to roll so he faced the back of the couch. “You mean after everything you put me through last night I don’t get a pass on having to get up?”

“Sorry, but not this time.”

“Great! You tell me I died last night, and I don’t get to skip a meeting.”

“You’d have had ten minutes more sleep if you hadn’t been playing before we crashed.”

“I didn’t see you trying to stop me. Besides, I was hungry.”

“Why would I ever stop you from giving me a blowjob? You had me horny and I wasn’t stopping till I came down your throat. Come on, I’ll scrub your back for you.”

He sleepily followed Aiden into the shower. The water felt refreshing and helped to wake them both.

Aiden dried his mate with a big, fluffy towel, which he found relaxing. He vigorously rubbed it over his pup’s head. As he pulled it away, he had to stifle a laugh at how the blond locks went every which way. He loved the shaggy hair and ran his fingers through it whenever they cuddled. Finished, it was a quick matter of getting one of his shirts on Ethan, before heading down to meet their friends.

A few minutes later, the four walked the short distance to the pack hall in their ever-familiar formation. Many of the eyes in the room turned in their direction. They could easily pick up the change in Ethan, even if they had not heard the howl the night before. Aiden was all smiles and looked quite pleased with himself.

The alpha approached the small group and eyed Ethan’s visible bite mark. “I see more congratulations are in order for you two. For someone who died, you look remarkably well today. You feeling okay, Ethan? You could have stayed in bed resting.”

“I’m a little tired still, Alpha, but I’m okay I think.” Ethan rounded on his mate. “See, I could have slept.”

Aiden rolled his eyes without his pup seeing. There was no way he was going to let his mate sleep through the first pack meeting after being bit. He wanted everyone to see the mark on Ethan’s neck. “Alpha, when you have a free moment, could I speak to you in private about something?”

Giving Aiden a curious look, and subtly scenting the air, he nodded before walking off. “As you were.”

It was not a long meeting. The alpha did his usual recap of any events that needed to be brought up as well as announcements. Seeing that many eyes occasionally moved to the new mates, he addressed the issue. “If you haven’t already picked up his new scent, seen the mark his mate is making sure stays visible, or weren’t awakened by someone’s overly loud howl last night, then this may actually be news for you.” There was amusement around the hall at the couple’s embarrassment. ”Aiden turned Ethan last night and the couple is at last, officially mated. Winners of the betting pool will be announced at next week’s meeting. Many of the pack house residents are aware there were some complications last night when Ethan’s heart stopped for several minutes. We’re all happy you’re still with us. Please try not to scare us like that again. The next full moon, Ethan’s wolf will join us for the first time.”

Aiden was beyond proud to be mated to Ethan, and having it recognized before the pack.

“Last thing for today, I doubt many of you have heard yet. We had two more suspected feral lunis enter the territory. Just like when our guests Anthony and Jonas joined us, the two encountered this morning surrendered to our hunters without a single shot fired. After discussing this issue with the council and hunters, we’re instituting a new policy on a trial basis. If we can safely capture any ferals entering the territory, we will do so. However, if a hunter feels they or anyone else is at risk, they can still take lethal action to protect lives. With luck, the experimental treatment will bring them back from their animal.

“If there is nothing else…” The alpha scanned the hall.

Anthony stood and meekly spoke. “A-Alpha, if I may?”

John nodded. “Of course Anthony.”

“A-Alpha, I-I w-want to t-thank everyone in this pack for their k-kindness since I arrived. Before coming here, I didn’t realize this type of pack life was possible. I f-fled my old home to find something better and y’all have shown me that. With your permission, I humbly request to petition for membership in the Parker Valley Wolf Pack.”

Jonas stood a moment later, “Alpha, may I speak as well?”

The alpha nodded.

“I too wish to thank everyone for everything they’ve done to make me, to make the two of us, feel welcome. I also respectfully request to petition for membership in the pack.”

“Gentlemen, your petition is accepted and will be discussed by the council. At this time, consider yourselves provisional members with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of any pack member. Anthony, just so you know, we will most likely have to notify your old pack of your petition to join. Even though you fled for your own safety, you might still be considered a member there.”

“Thank you, Alpha,” both responded.

“With that, I think we’re done. Everyone have a good day and a good run if you’re going.”

Outside, Jonas shifted into his lunis form, much to the enjoyment of the younger kids who couldn’t shift yet. He played around with them for a while, letting them climb all over him, and hang off his strong arms. It was the first time they had seen a lunis outside of pictures. Even though he wasn’t in his full lunar form, he was still an impressive sight to see.

John was stopped by a few people who wanted to speak with him about one thing or another as he made his way over to Aiden. When he was finally able to break away, he nodded his head in the direction of his office.

Aiden turned towards his two friends. “I’m not sure how long this is gonna take. Why don’t you guys go for a run?”

The walk to his office in the building next door was quiet. Once inside, John closed the door and leaned against his desk. “So, what can I do for you, Aiden?” He could pick up a slight change in Aiden’s scent, especially in the confines of the office.

“I didn’t know who else to discuss this with. Last night, just before I bit Ethan, I shifted. It was uncontrolled, but I didn’t go into my lupus form. It stopped halfway, more like a lunis.” Aiden paused as the alpha appraised him. “My wolf was telling me this was supposed to happen and not to fight it. The only thing I can think of can’t be right, so I’m sure there’s another explanation.”

John realized what the change in Aiden’s scent was. “To be honest, I always wondered about you Aiden. You’re the most powerful wolf of your generation. It would seem from what you just described that your mate brought about a change in you. It’s the same change Jackie caused in me the night we completed our mating.”

“I don’t follow, Alpha.” Confusion was evident on Aiden’s face.

“You don’t follow because you’re denying something about your very nature, brushing it off as impossible. You shifted into a wolf/human hybrid from what you described. You are a canis lupus. You’ve always been a lupus, and always will be. But for a few of us who seem born to lead, nature or our mates can bring on a change that gives us the ability to take on the hybrid form when we want or need to.” The alpha gave the younger wolf time for the information to sink in.

Aiden’s eyes grew large as understanding took hold. He had suspected, but tried to convince himself there had to be another reason. Ethan sat quietly not knowing what any of it meant.

“Aiden, it would appear you have become an alpha in your own right, caused in part by your mating with Ethan, but mostly by your very nature as a leader.” The alpha’s pride in this younger wolf showed in his smile. “Now, the question is, as your nature and instincts as an alpha build, will you be able to still follow me? Or will you need to set out on your own to start your own pack? I’ve seen for a few years now you always had your beta and enforcer at your side.”

“So, that was an alpha hybrid last night.” Aiden thought aloud.

“Yes, it was. I’m really not surprised.” The alpha laughed. “I suppose I’ve always expected it from you. For years, you’ve been a natural leader. You inspire others to follow. Finding how extraordinary your mate is seems to fit you as well. As you’ve grown into a man, you have put aside some of the teenage stubbornness, and shall we say recklessness you had. You’ve learned to put the interest and well-being of the pack ahead of your own ambitions.”

“Regardless of what I might have become. You are still my alpha. I renew my pledge to follow you faithfully. And to serve and defend this pack to the best of my ability.” Aiden’s voice was filled with conviction to remain loyal.

“Just so you know, there are other packs around that have multigenerational alphas. You are too young to remember, but I became an alpha before my father retired. We may have butted heads in private, but in public, it was always a united front. I’m definitely not ready to step down. While I think you could step in and lead the pack if something happened to me, I also believe you could learn from me. To help you when you take over here, or start your own.”

“I’d be grateful to learn from you, Alpha.”

“I always hoped my son would someday take my place.” There was a touch of sadness in John’s voice. “I suspected watching you grow up, the challenges between you and Michael, and especially since you found your mate, that it would be you. We’ll make arrangements once you start with the department to get you time to train your alpha skills with me.”

“Thank you, Alpha”

“Ethan, once you’re feeling rested from last night, do you think you could meet with our newest guests at the clinic? See if you can help them like you did Anthony and Jonas.”

“Yes, Alpha.”

“One last thing, Alpha. Does a hybrid shift usually leave you feeling tired? I’ve been exhausted ever since. I don’t think it’s just from me not sleeping last night.”

“Yes, it does. You’ll learn how to manage it. Like shifting to your wolf to heal an injury. The half-shift uses a lot more of your energy. You’ll need rest and a good meal. Okay gentlemen, go enjoy yourselves and your friends.”

“Thank you, Alpha,” both said before leaving his office.

Trevor and Casey opted not to go on a run; instead, they waited for their friends.

“Should I ask?” Trevor stood with his arms crossed.

“I needed to ask the alpha something.”

“So, in other words, you’re going to keep us wondering.” Casey joked.

“Let’s head out to the lake and talk about it in private.” Aiden wrapped his arm around his mate as they all headed to Casey’s truck.

******

Craig showed up at the community hall following the meeting. Even though he was a guest of the alpha and the former second in command, he was now the beta of another pack and not supposed to attend the meeting discussing pack business. Rafe flagged him down to discuss their boys.

“Craig, I’m not sure when the boys are planning on having their wedding, but it appears as of last night they’re officially mated.”

“John briefed me this morning on what happened. I’m happy Ethan’s doing okay after that scare.”

“Mary and I were considering a gift for them, since I know they’ll want to be living together as soon as possible now. We wanted to discuss it with you to get your thoughts.”

“What have you got in mind?”

******

Two trucks arrived at the remains of an old logging camp about ten miles outside the border of the Parker Valley Wolf Pack. Each one had two feral lunis, and a pair of shifters to handle and track them once released. They decided to make camp, and take care of final preparations to set the first one free in the morning. All four had a small GPS tracker attached. If any of them was killed, their tracker would shut down. It would give them a good idea of how far into the pack’s territory they could get before being killed by hunter patrols. From the information their leader’s new bitch provided, the borders were not heavily guarded like many smaller packs.

******

It was mid-afternoon by the time they arrived at a secluded spot Casey liked at the lake. A place he had taken many of his conquests for a little private time in the truck’s bed or on the beach. Not that he would ever admit it, but it could be considered a romantic spot due to the scenery. It had led to the deflowering of quite a few guys who willingly gave it up to Casey without ever really knowing why.

Everyone got out of the truck and sat down, leaning against logs or large boulders circling a makeshift fire pit.

Trevor crossed his arms, watching his oldest friend. “So, boss. What’s the big mystery?”

Aiden appraised his companions. “It’s about our becoming mated.” He raised Ethan’s hand and kissed it.

“I can’t believe you finally bit him. Knowing he’s your mate you showed a lot of restraint.” Casey laughed.

“Ethan wasn’t ready for it before now. He had a lot of adjusting, first to our existence, then the trouble Michael caused, and other changes. Last night, Ethan told me he loved me. That he wanted to be mine forever, and bared his neck without knowing he was doing it. That caused me to shift and bite him.” Aiden explained.

“So you went full on furry while you guys were… Umm, sorry. Didn’t mean to get too personal.” Casey blushed.

“You mean while I was pounding my pup’s tight little ass and blowing my load deep inside him?” Aiden grinned, earning a punch on the arm from Ethan.

He playfully rubbed his arm. “Well, I was at the time, wasn’t I? Right after you’d gotten done doing the same thing to me.”

Ethan blushed deep red.

“Anyways… You were saying?” Trevor tried to get the conversation back on track. “There’s times it sucks being the only straight guy in the group, except when the ladies are around.”

“I shifted and turned furry, but it wasn’t a full shift into my lupus. I did a half-shift. That’s what I was talking to the alpha about.” He watched his friends for their reaction.

Trevor and Casey exchanged glances before turning back to Aiden.

“Dude… Are you saying you did an alpha shift?”

Casey’s mouth hung open for a moment in stunned silence. “Holy shit.”

“Guys. Nothing’s changed.” He paused briefly. “Well, something’s changed, but you know what I mean.” Aiden fixed his eyes on his two closest friends. “Yes, I did an alpha shift. I figured there had to be some other explanation, but the alpha confirmed it. He said with how extraordinary my mate is, he wasn’t surprised, and always suspected I’d become an alpha someday. He even pointed out I’m always with my beta and enforcer.”

“With how extraordinary your mate is? What did he mean by that?” Trevor wondered what they had not told him while he was away.

Ethan stood and walked the short distance to the lake’s edge. Staring into the calm water, he sat.

“What’s he doing?”

“If it’s what I think it is, you’re gonna love this.” Casey smiled.

“Watch.” It was all Aiden said as he walked over and sat behind his mate.

Leaning in close to Ethan’s ear, he whispered as quietly as he could. “I love you, Pup.”

A shiver ran down Ethan’s spine at the declaration, and his eyes began to glow. A mist formed a few inches above the surface of the water, slowly building in density, getting thicker by the minute. Ice crystals formed on the surface of the lake, spreading out from the shore. After a few minutes, the mist condensed into droplets of water that rose up and hung in mid-air, creating a dome of water over the couple. There appeared to be hundreds upon hundreds of them this time, dancing in the air, and forming patters as they merged and split from one another. The bright afternoon sun hitting them cast rainbows all around as the droplets sparkled and flashed. A grin spread across Ethan’s face as the drops froze solid. Starting with a single one, and spreading through the many hundreds hanging in the air, they began to pop, bursting into snowflakes that gently floated down. When it was finished, Ethan leaned back against Aiden’s chest. “I love you too.”

He kissed his mate’s neck right over the sensitive bite mark. “Mmm. That was beautiful, Pup. Nice touch with the snow at the end. You’re getting better at controlling it.”

“I like snow.” Ethan relaxed into the warm embrace. “It felt easier today.”

Casey watched Trevor and tried not to laugh. “Snap out of it, Trev.”

“What the hell was that?” Trevor’s voice was filled with uncertainty and there was a hint of fear to his scent.

Casey nudged his friend with his shoulder. “Little dude has some big guns.”

“Why am I just now finding out about this? What the hell is all this?” Behind the anger, Trevor actually sounded hurt his friends had kept something this monumental form him. “If this is something you all knew about, why didn’t you say anything to me?”

Aiden walked back over to Trevor. He placed his hands on his friend’s shoulders. “It’s not that we didn’t want to tell you or trust you. After we figured out what he could do, the alpha forbid us from discussing it with anyone. Ethan really shouldn’t have done that in front of you, but it shows how much he trusts you.”

Ethan rejoined the others. “I’ve trusted him with my life ever since he and Casey asked me to come back to town with you guys.”

“Besides, you were in and out of town most of the summer.” Casey chimed in.

“So, how does he do it?”

“No one’s really sure how he does it. He can control and manipulate water into what he wants or needs. The alpha called him an Elemental.” Aiden explained what they knew and what the alpha had said, including not mentioning anything to anyone. “Jonas and Anthony being cured was thanks to him as well.”

“Wow, an alpha and someone who can control the elements as mates. Sounds like you two will be a rather powerful pair.” Trevor tried to get his head around the idea. If he had not seen it with his own eyes, he would have never believed his friends. “I understand why I wasn’t told, and there are no hard feelings about it. I think I understand now how he felt when he learned lycan are real.”

Casey quietly filled Trevor in on how Ethan had dispatched the one feral. He made sure their friend couldn’t hear, since it still bothered him he had killed a wolf. Trevor viewed Ethan with renewed amazement.

Trevor changed the subject. “Have you guys discussed at all when you’re going to have your wedding? Or have you two just been getting frisky?” He laughed at the end.

“I only asked him last night.” Aiden fired back. “And it did turn into a rather busy night.”

As evening set in, the four decided it was time to head back home. Ethan and Aiden were torn on where to stay. They didn’t want to be apart. They finally decided to get clothes for him from the Tucker house, and stay at the apartment.

******

Ethan woke around eight the following morning to find Aiden propped up on an elbow watching him. He had a smile on his face and had been gently stroking his mate’s hair.

“G’morning, Pup”

“Morning.” Ethan kissed him.

“I could happily stay like this forever.” Just then, his stomach growled. “Or we could get up and get some food.”

Ethan’s stomach also grumbled, confirming it was time to get up. “I guess we have a few things we need to do today anyways. I need to go by the clinic and see if I can help the latest ferals.”

“Are you sure you’re up for that? Your body went through hell a day ago.”

“I think I’m okay for it. I’ll try to take it easy. And if I don’t feel right, I’ll stop.” Ethan brushed his fingers over his mate’s jaw.

“Dad and Marsha wanted to get together for lunch.”

“I’m glad Rafe insisted I take the day off.”

They made their way to the shower, scrubbing each other lovingly, and made out before drying and dressing. The couple headed to the dining hall for a bite to eat where they found Casey and Trevor waiting for them.

“What are you guys doing up already?” Aiden eyed the pair.

“We figured you’d probably be heading over to the clinic early. He may be your mate, but he’s my brother. And I’m his bodyguard, so you’re not going without protection.” Casey was a little more forceful than he would normally address Aiden.

Aiden glared at him for a moment, before nodding. “As soon as we eat, we all go.”

A short time later, the group walked into the clinic, where Doctor MacRae met them. “Good morning, Doctor Scott. I’m guessing you’re here to treat your newest patients?”

“Yes, Doctor.”

“Are you sure you’re up for this so soon after Aiden bit you? Your heart did stop and your body is going through a lot of rapid changes now.”

“I’m feeling good. I should be able to do something to help them.”

The doctor scrutinized Ethan, finally giving his assent, and led them to the first room with a guard stationed at the door. He didn’t even try to question Casey and Trevor accompanying them this time as he knew it was useless.

A very large lunis sat on the floor at the far side of the room. Observing the newcomers, he sniffed the air. He remembered the doctor’s scent from the examination, the other four he did not recognize. He focused on the smallest of the group he somehow knew to be different. The others stood back as the little one slowly approached. He could tell they were ready to defend their pack mate if needed. Even having a feral mind, the lunis could feel the strength in the room and assumed a submissive posture so as to not provoke the small pack.

Ethan stepped up to the lunis without trepidation. His lack of fear helped put the wolf at ease. He stood close and let the large beast sniff him. After observing the wolf for a few minutes, he reached out. The lunis sniffed his hand, but otherwise made no moves. Placing it on the animal’s head and stretching to place his second one on its chest, he closed his eyes. When he opened them, their glow was obvious. He worked for twenty minutes before he pulled back. The wolf collapsed to the floor reverting to his human form.

Trevor stood in awe witnessing the seemingly impossible.

Taking a half hour to rest, he was escorted into the second room and repeated the process. In the end, a human looking female laid on the floor where the wolf had been moments before.

“It never gets old seeing you do that, Ethan.” The doctor guided them to another room. He did a quick check of Ethan, and determined he was fine.

******

At the abandoned logging camp north of the pack’s border, the first feral was taken out of its cage. The tracking device was checked one last time to ensure it was operating, before the bound animal was guided a few hundred yards from the perimeter and released. It took off running in the direction of the pack’s lands, quickly disappearing into the forest. The rogues watched on their monitor while sending the feed to their gang’s stronghold for their leader to watch. They expected it to be stopped fairly quickly, yet the tracking device kept moving deeper into the territory. They could not believe that after three hours it was actually near the pack’s main town. It seemed to stop for about thirty minutes at one point, before the tracker’s signal was lost.

The rogue leader glanced at Michael sitting naked in his cage with two black eyes and dried blood under his nose. “Looks like the bitch might have really given us some good information. It’s too early to get excited about this, and I don’t like when things look too easy. But if the tests progress like this, an attack might be possible.”

The gang leader greeted a group of five recently arrived shifters. They were delivering a shipment of drugs for human sale. One of many items regularly brought across the US Canadian border by the gang. He pointed towards Michael’s cage. “You guys can give the bitch a treat for so far proving his information is good, unless one of the real bitches is willing to put out for you. If you damage him, make sure you let him shift to heal when you’re done. If you damage one of the women, don’t expect anyone to find your body.”

One of the men wrapped his belt around his knuckles with an evil smirk, while another unzipped his pants. It had long stopped being rape or assault to Michael, even when the drugs had worked out of his system. But they weren’t going to go any easier on him, no matter how much he enjoyed it. If this strong alpha wanted him to be used by these men, he would submit. A fist connected with his face, as the man prepared to pummel the bitch’s face before he would make use of the bloodied mouth. The other one stepped behind, grabbed the captive by the waist and took him as forcefully as possible. Michael focused on providing the men with what they want. Knowing his former pack would soon fall, heightened the ecstasy from this latest round until he exploded onto the floor beneath him. He laughed inwardly through his pleasure; this was all worth it.

Running with the Pack, WolfM, 2012-2016, All Rights Reserved
  • Like 88
  • Love 36
  • Wow 10
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/12/2016 11:20 AM, Zenith said:

An amazing chapter in a truly original and engaging story! Can hardly wait for the next instalment.

Thank you Z and thank you for the encouragement.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 01/12/2016 01:34 PM, Onim said:

Fabulous chapter!! It just gets better and better with each chapter, there's no let up.. :worship: Once again, thank you for sharing your amazing talent!! :thumbup::thankyou:

Thanks Onim. Always a pleasure to see your thoughts on a chapter :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 01/12/2016 02:06 PM, avidreadr said:

Good chapter. Looking forward to the next installment.

Much appreciated Avid :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Aiden telling Alpha Stockdale about his unusual shift was the right thing to do.  Just like his declaration of loyalty, it makes Aiden an important member of the pack.  He will do well under the mentorship of the alpha.  The release of feral wolves seems to lead the rogue wolves to believe what Michael has told them.  I hope that when they are healed, they will be able to tell Alpha Stockdale information that warns him to the danger the pack if facing.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
8 hours ago, raven1 said:

Aiden telling Alpha Stockdale about his unusual shift was the right thing to do.  Just like his declaration of loyalty, it makes Aiden an important member of the pack.  He will do well under the mentorship of the alpha.  The release of feral wolves seems to lead the rogue wolves to believe what Michael has told them.  I hope that when they are healed, they will be able to tell Alpha Stockdale information that warns him to the danger the pack if facing.  

The gang operates with the view of never trust and always verify. If the information turns out, who knows what could come of it.

Aiden has too much respect for his alpha not to tell him or redeclare his allegiance. There is much he can still learn.

  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Link to comment
On 1/12/2016 at 12:02 PM, WolfM said:

The more Ethan uses his abilities the easier it gets for him. It could also be a byproduct of his mating with Aiden as well.

Based off Jonas and Anthony who have very vague memories of their time as feral, it's a good question of the ones the rogues use will remember anything, though that is a discussion for another chapter :)

My feelings were that the more you use a 'muscle,' the stronger it gets. There's also 'muscle memory' to consider.

My thoughts are that the ferals will not be able to remember much. Hope I'm wrong.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Al Norris said:

My feelings were that the more you use a 'muscle,' the stronger it gets. There's also 'muscle memory' to consider.

My thoughts are that the ferals will not be able to remember much. Hope I'm wrong.

muscle memory is a good analogy.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well Ethan has gotten so much better using his power that it has become just unbelievable. I await when Ethan can change the feral on the run without touching them wouldn't that be cool! As for Michael I wish he couldn't heal then we would be free of him would that be nice:yes:😁

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Well Ethan has gotten so much better using his power that it has become just unbelievable. I await when Ethan can change the feral on the run without touching them wouldn't that be cool! As for Michael I wish he couldn't then we would be free of him would that be niced:yes:😁

With each use, his understanding grows. Being mated finally could also be helping with his control. :)

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 12/13/2023 at 3:10 PM, Albert1434 said:

Well this they should have put Michael down! But then it wouldn't be much of a story!:heart:

Remove one threat to the tapestry and the entire thing falls apart. Remove Michael early and the rest of the book doesn't exist.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Oh I know still it would be fun:yes:

Some of the notes I had for originally killing him off early were rather creative. :whistle: :rofl:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..