Jump to content
    WolfM
  • Author
  • 5,812 Words
  • 12,013 Views
  • 31 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Running with the Pack - 48. Chapter 48

As everyone stood to applaud, trumpets sounded the opening fanfare of the traditional “Wedding March”.

Holding hands, the pair slowly walked down the aisle. They stopped briefly at the fourth row, turned to face Alpha Stockdale, and bowed in respect to their leader. The grooms nodded to friends and well-wishers as they made their way past them. The smiles on their faces were as bright as the sun and just as warming to the hearts of those present. Trevor and Darius fell in line behind the happy couple. Several steps later, Zach and Ryan followed, with Casey and Cody bringing up the rear. Joe led Mary and Rafe down the aisle, as Jack preceded Marsha and Craig before the grandparents followed. With the major family members now forming a receiving line, the guests moved towards the wedding party.

The orchestra and choir provided music as people filed past to congratulate the couple and wish the family well. Given the number of guests, the line moved reasonably fast. Each Parker Valley member got their chance to praise the young men. The North American alphas paid their respects after. This would have normally been considered an insult to the visiting leaders. However, the pair’s wish to share the day with their extended family superseded all other considerations. The visiting dignitaries were a nice addition, but the pack came first.

While Aiden, Ethan, and their families greeted guests and individually thanked everyone for coming, John and Jackie introduced Chief Alpha Drake to many of the international visitors.

Karissa Ryan approached and gave the grooms a kiss on the cheek. “Congratulations to you both. The service was beautiful and the setting is perfect.”

“We’re happy you could make it, Alpha Ryan.” Aiden dipped his head respectfully.

Spencer and Matthew were next. “This was an absolutely incredible wedding, guys. Talk about going all out.”

A sly grin spread across Matthew’s face. “I don’t recall us being able to get an orchestra or choir to show up for ours.”

“We had no clue either was going to be here today.” Aiden shook his head. “A lot of this was a surprise to us.”

“I have no clue who a lot of these people are, but I’m really happy you guys came.” Ethan pulled his friends into a hug before facing Carl and Edward. “The four of you being here makes it a perfect day.”

“It’s not every day new friends get married. I know it was mean of us to ask John to keep our coming a secret, but we wanted to surprise you.” Edward waved his hand around the meadow. “I have a feeling I don’t need to ask who did the flowers. Everything’s awesome.”

“Edward and I are just happy we could make it.” Carl stood behind his mate looking dashing in his suit.

Dozens more alphas and their mates congratulated the couple before Ethan picked up a familiar scent. “Alpha Jackman, I’m glad you accepted the invitation.”

“In all honesty, I almost didn’t. The way I’ve acted to a lot of people here, I wasn’t sure I should come. But I felt I should pay my respects to my friends.” Dorian bowed deeply and shook their hands. “I hope you both have a very long and happy life.” He walked off to mingle with some of his fellow alphas.

Richard Drake warmly greeted the parents and grandparents before stopping in front of the grooms. “Thank you for allowing me to come and join in the celebration. Seeing everyone who came today, I think I understand a little better the natural pull you both have on people. And why you are able to bring them together in the way you do.” A smile crossed his face. “From the list of guests you have, perhaps we should have made you two joint Council Chief Alphas.”

“Thank you, Chief Alpha.” Aiden nodded to the man. “We’ll happily help out in any way we can. But there isn’t a chance in hell you could have gotten us to take that position.”

Ethan laughed. “What he said.”

******

Once all dignitaries from the North American packs had passed through the line, John stepped up with Jackie and Chief Alpha Drake at his side. “I know this is your day with and for the pack, but there are a several special delegations to introduce you to. Richard has already met most of them, but I’d like to include him in the introductions. I have to say, you boys opened my eyes to the non-wolves in our territory in a way I didn’t realize they were closed to. Likewise, you have attracted serious international attention once word of your existence got out after Congress. I’m sure some of these dignitaries will have gifts for you. You’ll be expected to open them at the time they are presented. It’s a diplomatic thing.”

Aiden and Ethan glanced at each other and shrugged, not really knowing who they were going to meet.

John’s assistant, Heather, actually made the official introductions as she stood beside her alpha. “It is my honor to present Javier Hernandez, Huey Tlatoani of the Solaris for the Americas, and his mate Sophia.”

Darius quietly took note of the introduction.

“When I travel outside my territory, no one understands my title. It’s from the Aztec language and means great chief. Our more regional alphas use the title Tlatoani.” Javier nodded towards Heather. “Alpha Stockdale, your assistant is quite impressive. Even I have trouble at times pronouncing my station, and she did it flawlessly.”

“We’re fortunate having her working for us.”

Javier shook hands with John and Jackie again before turning to Chief Alpha Drake. “We look forward to the possibility of working with you as you settle into your new office. I believe the solaris community in your region is minimal, but perhaps it is time for us to reach out to them and let them know their world isn’t so small. They should be encouraged to participate in your council.”

“I would very much like that.” Richard extended his hand in friendship.

Javier turned to the grooms. “It is a privilege and honor to be permitted to attend your wedding. The Americas Solaris would like to present you with this humble gift.” His mate Sophia handed a box to Aiden. He held it while Ethan unwrapped it. Lifting the top and moving the soft packing material to the side, he lifted out a stone and gold statue about eight inches tall. It had the body of a human, but the head of a jaguar and very intricate symbols carved into the stone.

“This is one of our ancient sun gods from the time of the Maya.” Javier nodded reverently towards the icon. “All solaris in the Americas hope he watches over you. That he guides you in dealing with our people and protects those you love.”

“Thank you. It’s beautiful.” Ethan was astounded by the gift. “Since you’re solaris, does that mean you’re a lion like our friend, Darius?”

“We have many lions in our ranks, but my mate and I are jaguars as are many of our people. I was told one of your enforcers is solaris and searching for more of his kind.” Javier briefly faced Darius and nodded. “All of us in the solaris community would be happy to talk to him and assist in his quest.”

Aiden smiled at the solaris alpha. “Thank you doesn’t go far enough, but thank you.”

As the next dignitary stepped up, Heather made the presentation. “May I present Sergio Mendoza, Senior Alpha of the Central and South American Lunaris Council, and his mate Isabella.”

Once the formal greetings were out of the way, his mate presented their gift to the couple. This time it was a figurine of an Aztec lunar goddess. Like the Mayan statue, it had a high level of detail for its age.

“Echoing my solaris brothers and sisters wishes, may the lunar gods of our ancestors watch over and protect you.”

“Thank you, Alpha Mendoza, Ma’am.” Aiden and Ethan shook hands with him and his mate.

Next up Heather announced, “Chief Alpha, Oliver Kingston, of the Australian and New Zealand Solaris.”

“It’s my honor to be here today.” He shook hands with the grooms before turning to Darius. “You look out for these two and serve them well as their beta and enforcer. Your service to that uniform you wear as well as to these men does our kind proud. When your duties permit, I’d like a few minutes to talk with you.”

“Thank you, Chief Alpha Kingston.” Darius bowed deeply to the man.

“Please allow me to present these small gifts from our people in honor of your nuptials.” Oliver nodded to his assistants as one handed a box to Darius and another to Casey. Aiden opened the first and pulled out a Maori ceremonial mask. Ethan opened the second, much larger box. It contained an Australian Aboriginal painting of Uluru, more commonly known to foreigners as Ayers Rock.

“Thank you, Alpha Kingston. These are beautiful. It’s amazing how the markings on this mask are so similar to the facial markings of Ethan’s wolf. They appear almost identical.”

Fur erupted across the skin of Ethan’s face as it morphed to a human-sized version of his lunis head. The partial transformation amazed those around him.

“Show off.” Aiden playfully chided as he held the mask beside his mate.

Ethan held his fur for a few moments before returning to his human face.

“The similarities are astounding as are his abilities. The alpha from New Zealand picked that item himself to represent their people. The mask is said to have been from or is of a great Maori warrior, long before the English came. He was known for the balance of his great power and his wish for peace among his people. Some legends suggest he may have been an Elemental, but no one knows for sure.”

As the representatives from the Oceania countries moved aside, Heather was ready for the next guest. “May I present Meena of the Southeast Asian and Indian Solaris, Tigress Mahsuri Teo of Malaysia.”

“Meena Teo, you honor us with your presence.” Aiden bowed to the woman.

“It is I who am honored at being permitted to attend.”

“My uncle will be happy he isn’t the only tiger in the territory today.” Ethan’s smile was infectious.

The woman appeared shocked. “Your uncle’s a tiger?”

“Yes, he’s a beautiful Siberian and his mate’s a grizzly bear.”

“The rumors which have reached us regarding you both don’t begin to do you justice. You surround yourselves with a variety of lycan who are not merely friends, but family. Since many of our kind tend to stay among their own, you teach us a wondrous lesson.” She nodded to her aides who stepped forward with her gift. As they opened it, they removed two statues that were just over a foot tall. “The Yaksas Demon Warriors are the guardians of many temples across Asia. May they guard over your spirits as your enforcers guard over you.”

“Thank you, Meena.”

Like their solaris counterparts, the lunaris leaders from Australia, Asia, and Africa all came forward to be introduced and pay their respects. When not speaking directly to Aiden and Ethan, the visiting dignitaries talked and joked with each other as if meeting friends for coffee. During a brief break in the introductions, Ethan shoulder bumped his mate. “See, all different types of shifters can easily spend time together and have fun.” His comments received applause from the group as they turned and bowed to the Elemental.

A stern looking man stepped forward as Heather introduced, “Musa al-Kasari, leader of the Egyptian Lycan Council.” Before he spoke, the man broke into a broad smile. “I am most honored to be here today. It is a privilege to look upon you with your advisors. To see three of the original Egyptian shifters brought together in harmony with the one that is said to have brought the first peace. I wish to present this humble gift from your North African brothers and sisters.”

Clapping his hands, his assistant presented a sizable box to Ethan and Aiden. Inside were four approximately eight inch tall statues made of limestone and gold. Three were human bodies with the animal’s head of a wolf, lion, and coyote or jackal as the Egyptians called it. The fourth resembled two male lunis or alpha hybrid wolves holding hands. They wore the white and red double crown of a Pharaoh with the gold and blue Nemes head dress beneath the crown.

“These were all found together during an excavation of a previously unknown temple complex in the desert near Aswan. It was the first time these particular gods were all found at one site and beside each other. Let alone with two wolves depicted as Pharaohs. Our antiquities department felt that it was appropriate to give these to you. The lioness Sekhmet, the wolf Wepwawet, and the jackal Anubis with the two alphas appear to be a recreation of what stands before me now.”

Ethan and Aiden both thanked him for the wonderful gift. Aiden felt the need to ask for clarification on accepting such a gift. “I don’t want to seem ungrateful and mean no offense or disrespect. But with this being a recent find, shouldn’t they be displayed in one of your museums and shared with all your people?”

“No offense is taken. Your words display your appreciation for others. We did consider including these for display as all the other artifacts from the site are being shared with our people. But it was decided we didn’t want to answer philosophical questions regarding our past gods with respect to having two male Pharaohs holding hands as well as being wolves. That may come out wrong and no offense is intended towards you young men. There were fears the figures would be destroyed by those wanting to obscure certain aspects of our history.” He let his eyes rest on the young men before him. “Seeing these statues beside you five, I have to say giving them to you is the right decision. If you like, consider this an extended loan to you both.”

“May I ask what type of shifter you are? I don’t recognize your scent from any I’ve met.” Ethan’s nose twitched as he rechecked.

Musa gave a hearty laugh. “I am a child of Horus, young Elemental.” Seeing Ethan did not understand, he clarified. “Unlike my furred counterparts, I am not bound to the land and soar through the sky. My lunar form is a falcon.”

Ethan’s eyes widened as he grinned. “Thank you, Alpha al-Kasari.”

Ten leaders from the European Lycan Council stepped forward and introduced themselves one at a time while presenting gifts from their individual countries. All were wolves except for the UK representative. The assistants’ species varied. Ethan hoped one day the North American Council would be more diverse and inclusive. The gifts presented were all spectacularly beautiful.

The representative from the United Kingdom was the last to step forward. Aiden and Ethan’s mouths about dropped.

“I get that response a lot when people first find out.” The red headed man chuckled. “It makes my trips to Africa all the more special. In addition to my conservation work there.”

“We are both grateful to have you here.”

“My Grandmother very much wanted to attend, but she is supposed to be elderly. It was a friendly family fight between my brother and me to see who would come. Fortunately, I won. On behalf of my Grandmother and family, as well as all lycan in the UK, I would like to present you with this small gift in honor of your wedding.” His assistant handed him a box he passed to the couple. “My Grandmother also wished for me to extend an invitation to visit her farm in Scotland or her country home in Norfolk.”

“It would be awesome to visit England and Scotland.” Ethan could barely contain his excitement.

The pair opened the gift and pulled out a statuette of a golden lion holding a shield and wearing a crown.

“Thank you! It’s stunning.” Aiden extended his hand. “Visiting England or Scotland would be great.”

After the UK ambassador walked off, Ethan whispered to Aiden. “Did we really just meet him?”

“Yeah, we actually did.”

Trevor leaned in close to Aiden’s ear. “Man, you’re going to need to open a museum.”

“I think you’re right, and it would let us share it with the entire pack.”

******

Ethan eyed the Asian men and women making up the final delegation. His nose could not identify what type of shifter they were. At first, he thought they might be additional solaris but quickly dismissed the idea. He was good at detecting one when nearby.

“This is Weyr Leader Jaw-Long Chun from China. Three others from his group are from there as well. Two are from Japan and serve at the Imperial Court of the Japanese Emperor. One is from Korea and one is from Vietnam. This last gentleman is a representative of their kind from Europe.” The Alpha paused while Aiden and Ethan shook hands with to the group. “These men and woman represent the Asian and European dragon clans.”

It was not only Ethan’s eyes that widened in surprised. Aiden’s did as well since he never expected to knowingly meet their kind in his lifetime.

“Wait, dragons really do exist?” Ethan looked at the delegation before him and to his alpha for confirmation.

Jaw-Long gave a deep laugh as he answered for John. “We are quite real. It is rare for our kind to interact with other shifters, but an occasion like this tends to bring together all the lycan of the world. We Asian Dragons may not be the type you generally think of since many who dream of them think of the European type like our associate from Wales. In honor of your wedding, we would like to present you with these two small gifts.”

Nodding at one of his companions, two boxes wrapped in fine silk were brought over and placed on the table behind the grooms. Aiden removed the covering and lifted the top off. One of the ambassadors flipped latches on all four side panels so they could fold down. A beautiful statue of an Asian dragon was revealed. Over a foot long, it had been carved out of a single piece of jade. Its head stood high as the body sloped down to the front legs before arching up in the middle of the spine and falling again for the rear feet. It extended out to the curled tail. Each scale along its body was in prefect detail. The eyes were rubies, and it had golden tusks and horns. Every fifth dorsal fin on its spine plus the ridges of the tail were also gold. One of its front legs was raised, the claw holding an emerald egg.

Ethan opened the second box. Like the first, it was wrapped in fine silk. This time, it was a golden dragon about ten inches in length. The eyes were beautiful sapphires. The horns and tusks were made of blue jade and lining the dorsal fin of the back were precious stones of every type. As with the jade statue, this one also had a front leg turned up holding a sapphire egg.

“I know these gifts are extravagant, but please keep in mind that your kind doesn’t come along that often, so we try to show our admiration when we can. From our knowledge and legends, Elementals are a uniting force among shape shifters, which is evident by the many guests from across the globe who have come to honor you.”

“My mate and I are honored to receive these wonderful gifts and hope we have a long and fruitful friendship with our dragon brothers.” Aiden bowed to the delegation.

Ethan was overwhelmed. “Thank you! They are beautiful!”

Aiden wrapped his arm around his pup. Ethan took several deep breaths wanting to avoid getting over excited at meeting a dragon.

“So in your animal form you are more like these? More like a long serpent?” Ethan indicated the jade and golden statues.

“That’s correct, but we can also take on a somewhat humanoid form similar to your hybrid wolves. Like the Europeans, we can fly in either form, but creating our wings expends much energy.”

The Welsh dragon spoke up. “My kind has the more traditional look that’s portrayed in movies, though we come in many forms. Due to our size when in our non-human state, it’s difficult for us to hide. So we either need to find a large space away from people, or it has to be a moonless night. There are some who like to show off from time to time. After many years, we’ve finally gotten that bastard dragon from Scotland to stop poking his head out of the loch for pictures. It’s amazing the lengths an innkeeper will go to make sure his rooms are filled with curious tourists, hoping for that one photo to make themselves famous.”

Ethan looked puzzled until realization of what they man said set in. “What a minute, you mean the Loch Ness Monster?”

“Yes, he’s one of our kind, and his family has owned an inn on Loch Ness for many generations.” The man’s demeanor shifted as he resumed his diplomatic duties. “The leader of the European clans wished to be here himself, but his mate’s due to give birth any day now. He felt it was best to stay and be present to welcome his new child into the world. This had the advantage of allowing me to come in his place. The European clans would like to present you with this gift in celebration of your nuptials.”

Another box was placed on the table. Aiden and Ethan unwrapped it and pulled out a red dragon. The carved wood statue was about fifteen inches from head to tail and matched the one from the Welsh flag.

“Thank you.” Ethan threw propriety out the window and gave the tall man a hug.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you.” Aiden met the man’s handshake.

“I understand you’ve had a lifelong interest and love for our kind, second only to your beloved wolves.” The Chinese leader watched the young Elemental. “Would you and your mate permit two from our group the honor of performing a dragon dance for you? It would allow you to see us in our ceremonial form. To see an Asian dragon at least.”

Ethan turned to John and Jackie with almost pleading eyes as they laughed. “We’ve already given our blessing, so the decision’s yours and Aiden’s. It is your reception after all.”

“That would be great.” Ethan was unable to contain his enthusiasm.

With the diplomatic gift presentations complete, the wedding party moved to the reception tent. Two of the Chinese party members walked behind it to change, while the two Japanese dragons talked with the orchestra members.

When everything was set, John got the guests' attention. “Ladies and gentlemen, one of the visiting international delegations has requested to perform a traditional dance for Aiden and Ethan in their animal form.”

Drums sounded and from each side of the tent emerged a large serpent. Both were about twenty feet long. They moved so their back rose and lowered like the swells of a wave or an accordion opening and closing. One had blue-green scales, while the other’s were a reddish copper. The tip of every scale looked to be edged with silver. Golden tusks and horns matched a dorsal ridge running from their head to their tail. Each foot had five silver claws.

The Chinese ambassador leaned over to Ethan. “With our Asian brothers, if you look at their extremities, a dragon who has five claws is a descendent from an imperial house.. Non-imperial dragons only have four. Depending on their family, some claws will be golden while others appear silver.”

The two danced around each other to the sound of the drums. It was similar to what most would see at a Lunar New Year’s event, only the dragons were real this time instead of having many people making up the animal. As their heads rose and fell, they came together, twisting one body around the other. At one point, they extended upward, straightened out and stood on their hind legs before settling back down and bowing deeply to the grooms.

When the dance finished, the audience stood to applaud. Ethan, followed by Aiden, approached the dragons. When he stood before the giant serpents, they lowered their heads and remained still so as not to harm him. Ethan reached out, running his hand across the skin. He wrapped his arms around as best he could to give them a hug. “Thank you.” The photographers perfectly captured the scene of Ethan with the dragons.

Their leader turned to John. “He’s such a being of light. No fear and acceptance of all our kinds.”

“Yes, he is. I’m fortunate to see him shine like this daily.”

The two dancers retreated behind the tent to shift back and rejoined the reception.

Aiden was as impressed as Ethan. “I can’t thank you enough. I’ve known you existed or were at least believed to still exist, but I never thought I would get to see this on our wedding day.”

******

Except during the Dragon Dance, their guests had been eating and dancing while Ethan and Aiden greeted the foreign visitors. Alex and Nathan spent time talking to the bear ambassadors and the solaris tigress. The uncles signaled the orchestra leader who had the trumpeters play a fanfare, garnering everyone’s attention.

Nathan raised his hands as the guests quieted down. “Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for these two wonderful young men to cut the cake. Aiden and Ethan, if you please?”

They hugged both of the men they cared for and admired so much. “Thank you Uncle Nathan and Uncle Alex.”

Aiden and Ethan marveled at the five-tier, white-frosted cake. The top level had the same glass wolves they had used in December. Around the base of each tier, the pattern alternated between a chocolate wolf print and a heart. Several more cakes sat nearby to make sure there would be enough for the thousand plus guests.

Nathan and two assistants unstacked the cake after all the required pictures were taken. He handed the grooms a knife to cut the bottom one. With Aiden standing behind Ethan, they sliced into the cake. Each taking a small piece, they placed it in the mouth of the other, before finishing with a frosting covered kiss.

Darius got everyone’s attention as he and the other groomsmen flanked the couple. “Ladies and gentlemen, alphas, and honored guests. We have a few small speeches, so I hope you will indulge us. Fortunately lycan don’t get drunk with this many toasts.” He turned to his friends. “Aiden and Ethan or Ethan and Aiden, it is difficult to choose which name to say first since I have the privilege of being friends with you both equally. It’s been the truest of pleasures to share in your friendship and watch your relationship continually grow to new levels. Since the day Cody and I first met you, you’ve treated us with kindness, friendship, and love. What makes you both all the more special is it’s the same kindness you show everyone, regardless of species or status. May you always have beautiful forests to run through, a gentle breeze in your face, and a plentiful hunt. I love you guys. To my dear friends, Ethan and Aiden.”

Everyone raised their Champagne glass and called out, “To Ethan and Aiden.”

“Aiden, I’ve known you my entire life and had the privilege of always calling you my friend.” Trevor pulled him into a hug. “You listen to your heart and your friends and do what you think is right. Ethan, it seems like I’ve only known you for a short time and me being away at school has made that time even shorter, but as with Aiden, I couldn’t imagine my life without you as a part of it. Whether you guys met by chance in the forest, or it was destiny guiding you there at the same time, only the spirits of the moon and sun know for sure. But when you found each other again after a week’s separation, it was the determination of Aiden’s nose that tracked down the one he so wanted to get back to. I’ve been lucky to watch your relationship grow from almost the very start, and you are perfect for each other. Each time I see you, the love you show when you look at the other is always brighter. I wish you guys the best in all things. To my friends, Aiden and Ethan.”

Casey cleared his throat. “Guys, you know I’m not good at making speeches, but here goes. Aiden, you’ve been like a brother to me growing up. Sometimes getting me into trouble, well often if we’re honest.” The comment elicited chuckles from those who knew them. “And sometimes keeping me out of it, not so often. But you’ve always had my back and we faced our punishment together.

“Ethan, you embraced our world and our family and truly have become my brother. Thank you for letting me and my mates be a part of your lives. We will always be here for you and will follow your lead on any run. I wish you guys the best life has to offer.”

Once the groomsmen sat, the older crowd took their turn at toasting the grooms. Rafe was the first one to rise.

“Aiden, we’ve known you since you were a newborn pup, and it wasn’t long before you became friends with one of our sons.” He stood with Mary at his side. “We watched you grow into the man you are now, and we couldn’t be more proud if you were our own son. We are overjoyed you gave us the gift of another son.

“Ethan, most families are born to each other and work out fairly well. Mary and I are especially lucky that in addition to our biological kids, you chose to become our son. Out of everyone possible, you chose us as your family, along with your Uncles Alex and Nathan. You are our son, and we wish you both a lifetime of successful hunts.”

Aiden’s father was next. “I wasn’t thrilled when you stubbornly announced you weren’t going to move to Washington with me when I met my mate and went to work for my new pack.” Craig grasped Marsha’s hand. “But I understood you wanted to finish school with your friends and that this was your home. I see now how your decision was the right choice since it led you to your true mate. You have always followed your heart, even as a young pup, and it has guided you well. Never lose that quality.

“Ethan, I admit I haven’t gotten to spend as much time around you as I’d like, but every time we visit, I can see the love you have for my son and the love he has for you. It shows in your eyes whenever you catch sight of each other or pick up the other’s scent. Everyone should be lucky enough to find the love you two have for each other.”

The Alpha and Jackie decided to step up for a short speech. “As your alphas, it is Jackie’s and my privilege to have you in this pack and know the next generation will prosper under your leadership. You both lead by example and have taught us a few things along the way. That leaders from around the country and the world came here today is a testament to your universal acceptance of all lycan and something we can all learn from. On behalf of all packs and councils represented here today, we say congratulations to you.”

As evening set in, torches around the meadow were lit. After enjoying the food and company of their guests for a while, Nathan told them it was time for their official dance. Surrounded by their guests, Aiden and Ethan took to the center of the dance floor. The conductor had talked to Alex and Nathan about what song they planned to use and worked it out with the choir. The orchestra took to their instruments for the last time of the evening. They stuck with the same song they used at the December wedding, “The Prayer.” The voices of the choir slowly built from just two until every member could be heard as Aiden and Ethan danced around the floor. Fireflies by the thousands filled the sky over the meadow with their twinkling lights. As the couple moved around the floor, their eyes glowed for all to see. Snowflakes danced in the air, sparkling against the fireflies. Musicians and choir alike put everything they had into the song. Guests were able to witness firsthand the love the two young men had for each other. As the song came to its finish, the two kissed to thunderous applause.

With their dance finished, the music returned to DJ Troy from Alex and Nathan’s parties. The grooms walked over to personally thank each member of the choir and orchestra and told them all to enjoy themselves.

Ethan approached Mary and took her hand while Aiden did the same with Marsha. The two escorted the women to the center of the floor so the mothers could have their dance. Aiden and Ethan spent time talking to their guests when not gyrating to the music. There was much laughter when the fathers took their sons to the dance floor for their own turn. No one was quite sure if the highlight was when John and Jackie each took a turn with one of the grooms of if it was when Chief Alpha Drake danced with each of them.

The reception lasted late into the night. Many of the visiting alphas got together to discuss the day and how the two young men without even realizing were able to draw so many lycan together. The fireflies hovered over the meadow the entire night, adding a special touch to the celebration. Ethan looked up once. “Thank you, my friends.” Aiden wrapped his arms around the one he loved.

On the final time the couple took to the dance floor together, DJ Troy played one of their favorite songs, Cody Xeru’s “Here We Go”.

As the evening came to a close, they thanked everyone for sharing the day with them and making it a most memorable celebration.

This is the music I referenced in this chapter
The Prayer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y8jhd68JZU
Cody Xeru – Here We Go
https://youtu.be/1yXT6UEfT_o
Running with the Pack, WolfM, 2012-2016, All Rights Reserved
  • Like 77
  • Love 59
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



:worship: that was great. I just :heart::heart::heart::heart: these two. I may not review often but i had to tell you that I think this is my most favorite chapter yet.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Such a great ending to an amazing ceremony! I hope this gathering of different species is only the beginning of a new era.
I loved all the gifts, I have a statue of a chinese dragon in various colors I've had for years, and a small Egyptian cat statue of Bast. Even though I'm 58, about six or seven years ago I discovered the animated series about Sagwa the Chinese Siamese cat and her family. I've loved the cultural info that series gives, and I've seen dragon dances on television several times, and loved them.
Eager for more, my friend...especially finding out who is trying to poison Dorian, and how Sebastian will fare with his pack.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wow! Just wow! I really REALLY wish I was at this wedding. Like REALLY!
I love the weddings songs you chose to use.
Cor Glanaethwy does the best version of this song EVA, in my humble opinion. Matisse was cute n all BUT Cor Glanaethwy should have won BGT. Sorry. Just saying.
I don't know Cody Xeru but can you imagine dancing out in the open, underneath a beautiful night sky to this song on a really good sound system? That would be so cool! Especially if everyone was into it so that there were a heap of you just jumping around living in the moment.
They were so honoured with the gifts they got, and that's just the ones you actually explained/described. I am dying to know the significance of the 4 statuettes from Egypt. Must be some legend somewhere about these.
Thank you so much! That was way cool! I really do wish I was at this wedding. It was just beautiful!
See you next week!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 07/05/2016 08:59 AM, rbenn55 said:

:worship::read::wub:B) I cannot put it into words bravo!!!!!!

Thank you Rbenn :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/05/2016 09:51 AM, Geemeedee said:

That is gonna be one little museum I would love to visit!

Thanks Gee. that is an understatement :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/05/2016 10:28 AM, lmoline said:

:worship: that was great. I just :heart::heart::heart::heart: these two. I may not review often but i had to tell you that I think this is my most favorite chapter yet.

Thank you Imoline. :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/05/2016 01:01 PM, centexhairysub said:

Truly an exceptional and beautiful chapter; Bravo....

Thank you Centex :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/05/2016 07:29 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Such a great ending to an amazing ceremony! I hope this gathering of different species is only the beginning of a new era.

I loved all the gifts, I have a statue of a chinese dragon in various colors I've had for years, and a small Egyptian cat statue of Bast. Even though I'm 58, about six or seven years ago I discovered the animated series about Sagwa the Chinese Siamese cat and her family. I've loved the cultural info that series gives, and I've seen dragon dances on television several times, and loved them.

Eager for more, my friend...especially finding out who is trying to poison Dorian, and how Sebastian will fare with his pack.

Thank you CG. It was fun coming up with the various gifts.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 07/05/2016 08:47 PM, Buz said:

Wow! Just wow! I really REALLY wish I was at this wedding. Like REALLY!

I love the weddings songs you chose to use.

Cor Glanaethwy does the best version of this song EVA, in my humble opinion. Matisse was cute n all BUT Cor Glanaethwy should have won BGT. Sorry. Just saying.

I don't know Cody Xeru but can you imagine dancing out in the open, underneath a beautiful night sky to this song on a really good sound system? That would be so cool! Especially if everyone was into it so that there were a heap of you just jumping around living in the moment.

They were so honoured with the gifts they got, and that's just the ones you actually explained/described. I am dying to know the significance of the 4 statuettes from Egypt. Must be some legend somewhere about these.

Thank you so much! That was way cool! I really do wish I was at this wedding. It was just beautiful!

See you next week!

Thank you Buz. The music for the last chapter and this one was as important to me as the setting itself. I agree with you on Cor Glanaethwy. When I heard them, they inspired the inclusion of a choir into the wedding and reception.

 

A DJ friend of mine introduced me to Cody Xeru's music and the times I've talked to Cody, he is incredibly friendly. Hearing that song always brings a smile to my face and it was something that had to be used here. I kind of picture everyone on the dance floor for that last big song of the night.

 

The two were truly humbled by the gifts from the dignitaries as each gift is something special from the various people they came from. With the Egyptian statuettes, each member of their inner circle was represented by one of the statues; a wolf, coyote and lion with two Alphas. The two Alphas both showing as pharaohs with the different gods were a unifying presents to stop the ancient wars and now the children of those gods stand with the Elemental/Alphas.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 4/2/2017 at 2:56 PM, Tazzle001 said:

Beautiful and so happy. My favorite part was the fireflies. I like to think of them as souls that are sent remind us that the darkness isn't so scary and we're not alone.  You continue to sneak me into this world where they are my friends and my family. It instills a need for me to hug you and say thank you.

Seeing this brought a smile to my face and I will happily accept that hug.  The fireflies may have been a small touch to the story, but speaks volumes about Ethan's growing connection to nature.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Super!  I particularly enjoyed the various representatives from the U.K.  And thanks for sharing some old musical favorites and introducing me to some really great new ones over the last two chapters.  :) 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Super!  I particularly enjoyed the various representatives from the U.K.  And thanks for sharing some old musical favorites and introducing me to some really great new ones over the last two chapters.  :) 

Thank you, Backwoods :)  It was fun creating all the various representatives as well as the inclusion of the many species.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/5/2016 at 12:51 AM, Geemeedee said:

That is gonna be one little museum I would love to visit!

Same here 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Bravo!  Reading this chapter of hope for the world is just what I needed at this difficult time of war and disease.  Bless you for this gift WolfM.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 4/21/2022 at 3:24 AM, raven1 said:

Bravo!  Reading this chapter of hope for the world is just what I needed at this difficult time of war and disease.  Bless you for this gift WolfM.

Thank you, Raven. :hug:  I wish it was this easy to bring people together.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

All I can say is WOW! Thanks so much for this beautiful chapter! 

P.S. It make me cry 

Edited by Albert1434
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

All I can say is WOW! Thanks so much for this beautiful chapter! 

P.S. It make me cry 

Thank you, Albert. :heart:

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Okay, one of the most, no, the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever had the joy of attending!  From the gifts, and I especially loved the Egyptian symbolism, to the beautiful firefly dance, just amazing imagery!

This line had me in stitches!

“After many years, we’ve finally gotten that bastard dragon from Scotland to stop poking his head out of the loch for pictures.

I’m glad Ethan got to finally see his dragon 🥰

  • Love 4
Link to comment
15 hours ago, Straycat said:

Okay, one of the most, no, the most beautiful wedding I’ve ever had the joy of attending!  From the gifts, and I especially loved the Egyptian symbolism, to the beautiful firefly dance, just amazing imagery!

This line had me in stitches!

“After many years, we’ve finally gotten that bastard dragon from Scotland to stop poking his head out of the loch for pictures.

I’m glad Ethan got to finally see his dragon 🥰

Thank you, Straycat. :hug: A lot of thought went into each gift they received. The ties to Egyptian mythology as the origin of the wolves and several other shifters and the various cultures around the world that have icons of human/animal hybrids made it fun research for me.

As far as that dragon in Scotland, an innkeeper's got to keep tourists coming somehow. And who doesn't like a wee swim in a chilly loch? :gikkle:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..