Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 102 Words
  • 1,251 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sexual content

Catering With Benefits (3) - An Appetite for More - Prologue. The Sydney Daily News

The Sydney Daily News

Your Independent Newspaper

=====================

Convicted Murderer Found Dead in Prison.

Brendan Haynes, who confessed to the murder of Sam Hiscock in 2017 was found, last week, hanging in the exercise yard of Long Bay Prison. Police are investigating but at this point are treating it as suicide.

The body was discovered by a prison guard during a search prompted by Haynes’ failure to check in after his exercise period.

It is believed the hanging occurred in a corner of the area not covered by CCTV.

When questioned about further details, prison authorities said investigations are ongoing.

Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

After the havoc Brendan wreaked on his family I did not expect to be moved by his death, but @Wombat Bill has the knack of challenging his readers and eliciting emotions which one would not have predicted.

The minimalist reporting of Brendan's death a reflection perhaps of the minimal happiness he experienced and brought to others.

His suicide an act of remorse, cowardice or that of a desperately unhappy man? He was a very troubled man for certain, but how much of that was the result of his own rape at the hands of a priest, and the appalling example set by his vile parents.

This reader cannot help but think that for all his despicable treatment of others, Brendan's life was a tragedy waiting to happen. Although a moot point with his death, this reader wonders if he could have been helped if he had been removed from the unhealthy family environment, the evil environment of the religious institution in which he was educated and received professional help. 

 

 

  • Wow 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..