Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 3,036 Words
  • 1,163 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sexual content

Catering With Benefits (3) - An Appetite for More - 32. The Wedding Expo

p style="text-align:center;"> 186250820_298187321892187_57922827252630 

Edward’s wedding expo was scheduled to run for three days Friday to Sunday and showed promise of being a huge success. The stall space was fully booked, Poppy’s prepared a special menu of light lunches to compliment their regular menu and Dean rostered on extra waiters to serve drinks in Divas. To get maximum exposure Edward had spent up big on advertising and the event was opened from nine in the morning till nine at night, except Sunday when it would close at five pm.

***

Jared and Justin extended their trip so it was only two days before the expo they arrived back. As Craig had to do most of the preparation for their stall and the restaurant’s contribution on his own, Thomas volunteered to do the airport pick up.

Rather than go looking for them he texted his location in the carpark and waited for them to find him. It was not long before he saw them strolling towards the car, laughing and swinging their bags like school boys just let out of class.

The first thing he noticed was their tans, so after welcoming them back and getting in the car, he remarked “It must be a very sparse jungle up there, doesn’t look like you spent much time in the shade.”

“What are you suggesting?” asked Jared

“Nothing, just an observation.”

As they left the carpark, Justin asked “Where’s Craig?”

“Busy, very busy preparing for the expo. I can tell you Justin, he’s not amused at having to do all the work without your help.”

“Oh, he’ll cope. Craig can do anything.”

“Is that a vote of confidence in Craig’s ability or are you saying you don’t care?”

“Why are you so protective of Craig?”

“He’s my friend and your partner. I think he deserves more support when you have a big event about to happen.”

“Poor diddums.” concluded Justin.

Thomas then directed his attention to Jared “And I suppose it was your idea to extend the trip.”

“As a matter of fact it was, but we’re hardly busy at work these days.”

“Yes, but you should have given some thought to Justin’s situation.”

“He didn’t say anything about needing to get back sooner.”

“You know how much he looks up to you and always tries to please his big brother.”

Justin then said “Hey, I’m here in the back seat, I can speak for myself and make my own decisions.”

“Then I hope you can explain that to Craig.” replied Thomas.

***

On the opening day of the expo, guests were greeted by One Eata who handed each guest a large carry bag, bearing the Divas logo, for guests to collect handouts and giveaways from the stallholders. Already in the bags were a map of the floor plan and some condoms with the slogan ‘We did it at Divas’. As Edward expected to be busy with logistical matters on the day, he put Romel in charge of their stall and dropped in regularly to check.

When he was satisfied that One Eata had the meet and greet process running smoothly he took a tour to welcome each of the stallholders and check if all was ok with them.

Poppy’s stall was manned by Justin and Craig. They displayed sample wedding reception menus ranging in price from ‘not much dearer than McDonalds’ to ‘I could put a deposit on a house for this price.’ They also had Charlie bringing out a constant supply of canapés for guests to sample. Although it was a wedding expo some exhibitors cast their net a little wider and offered services for hen’s and buck’s nights also. One such stall was next to Poppy’s. It was staffed by six of Justin’s best waiters dressed in a variety of brief shorts, leather aprons or speedos. The star attraction of the stall was a bare-arsed Snowy wearing only a smile and black leather studded jock strap. They each had had their name in one-day tattoos on their left pec and Catering With Benefits on the right.

Andy had arranged for Prices to have a jewellery stall displaying rings and other jewellery items suitable as gifts for the bridesmaids and groomsmen. He was not in attendance as he was busy helping Dean at the bar. Alma was running the stall, plus a few of her staff from the studio. She employed a piercing artist for the day to try a new idea. As well as the traditional diamond and gold engagement and wedding rings, Prices was also offering a range of nipple rings for the more adventurous to exchange at their ceremony. The day’s special offer was free piercing for any couple who purchased nipple rings.

When Andy got to ‘The Big O’s Prestige Car Hire’ stand he was greeted by a friendly middle aged man dressed in a chauffer’s uniform. Hidden behind a moustache and short beard, was a face that seemed familiar, but Edward could not recall why. He checked his booking sheet for the stall holder’s name, then asked “Is everything ok with your stand Mr O’Connor?”

“Yes, just dandy, but my name is just Connor, O is my initial.”

“Sorry Mr Connor, and the O stands for....wait....is it Oliver?”

“Yes, how did you know?”

“You don’t remember me do you?”

“Sorry, have we met before?”

“Yes, but you weren’t wearing a black uniform and cap at the time. You were wearing pink overalls.”

“Of, yes I do remember now. You got me good that day.”

“I’m pleased, but did you learn a lesson from that experience?”

“I did, and you did me a favour in the long run. Management was not happy to hear about your complaint so I was asked to look for another job. As it happened there were two luxury cars in the demonstrator fleet that were due to be replaced. I managed to negotiate a very good price, as it was their way of getting rid of me, so I started my own business.”

“Glad to hear it. Now remember to keep your hands to yourself and you should do well. Hope you have a successful day.” concluded Edward.

Next on Edward’s tour was a stallholder that he was initially hesitant about accepting. The application read ‘Don’t leave your future to chance, let Sybil the Seer asses your compatibility to ensure the longevity of your union’. It sounded like a fortune teller to Edward, but his curiosity got the better of him and he accepted the booking. He also thought it might add a bit of colour and variety to the expo.

As he approached her stall, which was completely enclosed by curtains, there was a strong smell of coffee. Assuming the seer might be in conference he waited a few minutes and eventually a smiling couple emerged from the curtained stall. Sybil then opened the curtains, smiled at Edward and said, “You need a partner to have a compatibility reading”.

“Oh, I have a partner and we are very compatible, I am Edward, the expo organiser. I just called around to see if everything is going ok.”

“Yes, it’s fine thank you, there are a lot of happy couples here today.”

“Is that because you give them the answer they want to hear?”

“Good news is always welcome.”

“Yes, of course. But why is there such a strong smell of coffee in your stall.”

“Let me show you how I look into the hopeful couple’s future.”

Sybil then made a very strong Turkish style coffee in a small cup. She asked Edward to drink it all, adding “The couple must each take a sip from the same cup.” When he was finished she tipped the coffee grains from the cup onto a paper towel and let the paper absorb the moisture. She then explained that she could see the couple’s future in the coffee stains.

“Thank you for explaining Sybil. I’ll leave you to your future telling.”

“But don’t you want a reading?”

“I’m already in a happy relationship.”

“Even so you do have a....” she paused while she looked into the coffee stains, then pushed them aside. “Oh, perhaps you don’t need a reading, if your relationship is well established.”

“But why did you stop what you were going to say?”

“Nothing, today is all about happy news.”

“Meaning what?”

“If you want me to read for you then you must be prepared to believe.” She now had his interest and Edward, who placed no faith at all in fortune tellers, said “I want to know, I believe.”

“Very well, place your hands palms down on the table.” She said as she retrieved the coffee stained towel. Then she placed her hands on his, looked at the coffee stains and said. “I foresee a relationship coming to an end.”

“But Romel and I have never been happier.”

“That relationship is safe.”

“Then whose relationship will end?”

“I cannot tell, but be prepared for a loss near to you.”

“Oh I’ve had enough of this nonsense. Thank you Sybil and don’t scare the guests too much will you?”

Edward then left the stall and went over to see Romel.

“How’s the enquiries going?” asked Edward

“Quite promising really. I’ve handed out many pamphlets and the wedding party table you set up at the end of the room is creating a lot of interest. One of the waiters told me most of the young women just love it. One even said ‘I want my wedding to be just like that’.”

“That all sounds promising, but out of a hundred enquiries we’ll be lucky if one will turn into a booking.”

“Maybe, but all the comments have been positive.”

“Hey can you keep an eye on that Sybil the Seer, over there and let me know if you see anyone come out that doesn’t look happy.”

“Why?”

“I think she’s a fraud, and telling everyone they’ll be happy. I don’t really believe in that stuff, but she did tell me a relationship would end.”

“Did she mean us?”

“No, as a matter of fact she said we were safe, but someone’s relationship would end. Are any of our friends having problems?”

“No, I’ve never seen all our friends as happy as they have been lately. But how specific was she? In the greater scheme of things she’s bound to be right, someone somewhere will have a relationship end.”

“But she said close to me.”

“I thought you said you weren’t a believer.”

“I’m not and I shouldn’t listen to the silly old woman. I’m sorry I let her in here, I hope she doesn’t upset any clients.”

Craig had left Justin alone in the stall most of the morning as he figured it was time he made a contribution to the event. When Justin finally took a break from his stall he went for a wander to look at other stalls. When he got to Price’s stall he recognised Alma and stopped for a chat. She told him what they were promoting and introduced him to the piercing artist.

“Hi Marcus, we know each other Alma. Marcus did my nipples a few years ago and supplied some rings for me. That is before I became a Price’s client.”

“Justin, long time, no see. You never came back for the Prince Albert we discussed.”

“My partner talked me out of it at the time and things have moved on since then. I don’t do much of that sort of work now.”

“Shame, I thought it would look really great, you have excellent natural assets for a PA.”

Alma looked askance at both men. Justin noticed and asked “Problem Alma?”

“Ah...um...no. Well actually yes, I was wondering what sort of work you used to do and how did Marcus know it would look great on you?”

Both men laughed, then Justin explained to Alma about his abandoned plan to use a PA for serving and that he had discussed it with Marcus who showed him some appropriate jewellery. “That really is all there is to the story Alma.”

“All right with me boys, really none of my business.”

<>

Finally Edward got around to the Dare to Bare stall. He had avoided it up till now as he was dreading what Brett might be doing, although he was hoping his message got through about not being too daring. As he approached the stall, he could smell the aromatherapy perfume coming from an oil burner. He was about to remark to Jeremy, how beautiful it smelled when he was distracted by footprints stuck on the floor and leading to the nearby fire escape that opened onto the side laneway. Each footprint had, Follow me if you Dare, printed on it.

“Jeremy has this anything to do with you?”

“Yes, well no... that is... it’s Brett’s idea. Do you like it?”

“I might if I knew what it’s all about, but then again if it’s one of Brett’s capers, maybe not.”

“Sorry, I though he cleared it with you.”

“No he didn’t.”

“It’s like this. Once you go out the door, the footprints lead to our studio where Brett is doing waxing and bleaching demonstrations. He said you wouldn’t allow it in the expo, and I must say I agree, but it should be ok in our own studio.”

“Mmm, Brett can be such a worry at times, but what you do on your own premises is your business.”

“Thanks, I’ll tell him you approve.”

“Is that what I said?”

<>

After hearing about Brett’s antics, Edward thought he’d heard it all, so continued on his tour of the expo. As he approached the photography and videography stall he saw his own image on a screen above the stand. At first it startled him, then he realised it was a live shot of him walking down the aisle. He had never been a keen photographer or ever owned a video camera, other than on his phone, so he was interested to hear the stallholder’s sales pitch and if wedding photography had moved on from the obligatory shots of each family member or friend, with the wedded couple.

“Yes, Edward we now do all manner of photographic and video tricks to provide the happy couple with shareable lifelong memories of their special day. Video is of course the way to go now and the possibilities are only limited by the couple’s imagination and our professional methods of presentation. As well as the actual ceremony and reception, modern couples also like what we call the Behind the Scenes, package. That includes, a re-enactment of the proposal, a record of the hen’s and buck’s night as well as preparations on the actual day. Some brides like to have a camera present to record them being made up and dressed as well as the fun of the bridesmaids helping or hindering, as may be.”

“Wow, that’s a complete packaged record of the big day.”

“Yes, it’ becoming increasing popular, but as a special for this expo we are also offering a half price offer on our newest option.”

“What else could there be?”

“We call it ‘The Cherry Pop’.”

“Sounds like a fizzy drink, I’m not sure I follow.”

“We place a heat-sensitive camera in the couple’s bridal suite to record their first night of wedded bliss.” He replied with air quotes for the last two words. “Although, in fact I don’t think we have ever recorded a genuine de-flowering of a virgin.”

“Fuck, do couples go for this?”

“We have had some, and it’s increasing in popularity.”

“You must see some, shall we say, exciting antics.”

“Not necessarily. Our clients have the option of us editing it for them or if they wish to maintain their privacy and only have it available for personal viewing, then we just provide them with the raw, unedited, unseen footage.”

“I’ve learned a lot today about marriage and all that surrounds such a special day, but I think that tops them all. Maybe I’m a bit old school, but what happens in the bedroom... well you know what I mean.”

“Sure Edward, I’m probably the same, but we give our clients what they want and young people are much more open to such ideas. It seems sexting has produced a whole new era of sexual liberation.”

<>

At the end of day one, when everyone had left, Edward locked the room and retired to Dean’s Bar to hear what his friends and some exhibitors felt about the day’s events.

All were pleased with the level of attendance and the encouraging comments they received.

While Raj was waiting for Juanito to de-frock and remove his makeup, he went to the bar and called his sister Rani, to invite her to the expo on Sunday.

“You never know Rani, it might give Daniel an idea. You know what I mean?”

“You sound like Mum, always trying to get us married.”

“Oh no, I hope I don’t sound that bad.”

“Just teasing you, Raj.”

“So do you want to come, you’ll get a chance to see Juanito in his drag character. He’s doing the meet and greet as guests arrive.”

“I’ll ask Dan if we wants to go, sounds like it might be a bit of fun.”

“So when do you think you’ll come, we close at five on Sunday.”

“What about mid afternoon, we were planning to go to see an Indian movie at that little theatre in Oxford street that shows foreign movies. Maybe we could all have dinner after the expo and go to the movie together.”

“That sounds great, but you know my Hindi’s not very good.”

“Well it’s Tamil anyway, but has English subtitles.”

“Good, then Juanito will be able to enjoy it also. About time I exposed him to some Indian culture, other than curry.”

“Ok, if Dan’s agreeable, we will come about three and then take it from there. Will I recognise Juanito?”

“Probably not if I hadn’t told you, he looks amazing when in full makeup.”

“Ok, looking forward to it all.”

“Before you go, I want to check out the movie review on line, what’s it called, Rani?”

“It’s called Nimir, Raj.”

Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Firstly, congratulations to my fellow CWB groupie @NimirRaj for being honoured with a "cameo appearance" in this chapter. And, kudos to our beloved author @Wombat Bill, for having honoured you in such a natural and whimsical manner. 

By and large an enjoyable and positive experience was had by all at the wedding expo. Neither the re-appearance of Oliver nor the presence of Sybil put a damper on the event. Edward's dismissal of Sybil's prophesy was amusing; methinks he doth protest too much. I wonder which of the seemingly rocky relationships will end first, if at all?

The vision of Snowy bare-arsed in a studded leather jock-strap was a very pleasant one. Thank you @Wombat Bill. The vision of the "cherry-pop" less so, but I at least had a good laugh. I have previously read a story on another website whose basic premise was this very "component" of the marriage "event". It was also amusing in parts.

Now for the comments from Summerabbacat's less congenial alter-ego, Winteroasistrump. I have defended Justin's questionable actions on numerous occasions, made excuses for his thoughtlessness, but no more. I thought he might have the decency to display at least a modicum of contrition when Thomas pointed out how hard Craig had worked to ensure their business was well represented at the wedding expo. Well no more. He can go fuck himself and Jared to their respective genitalia's content. I don't believe he is as conniving, manipulative and arrogant as his egotistical half-brother, but he is just as self-centred. I still live in hope though that if challenged by Craig, he may dig deep and re-discover the kind, considerate and affable character he first presented as. If his "obsession" with Jared cannot be restrained, then Craig should dump him both personally and professionally. If so, it will be interesting to observe just how loving and caring "big brother" Jared is then. Thomas should definitely dump Jared, he can do so much better.

Another very engaging chapter @Wombat Bill. The inclusion of Sybil a stroke of genius, the perfect vehicle for some light satire on the concept of a wedding as an "event", which for many it so often is. I enjoyed Edward's sauntering amongst the various stalls, his witty banter with the various stall holders once again testimony to his keen powers of observation. 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

@Summerabbacat and Winteroasistrump, in checking IMDB dot com, the movie Nimir came out in 2018, but is now called Arise.  I don't know if it is an Indian movie or a Malaysian movie; IMDB was not clear.  (For any who might not know, IMDB stands for International Movie Data Base.

So, @Wombat Bill, will we see a throwaway character, Summer, who is told by someone, that "the cat you are trying to pick up was owned a big fan of the musical group ABBA.  We here at the animal shelter call him, Summer, ABBA cat."  Or maybe a proverbial bookworm named Paul, who is told by Dean or Edward, "You're quote a reader, Paul."

Some readers of palms, tea leaves, coffee grounds, tarot cards, etc., have a much better record than others.  There may be more to Sybil than meets the eye.

I have also heard of videoing the wedding night sex  I read of that on another website, in a story of two gay anal virgins who were shown where cameras were located.  They were given three choices: Have the videographer in the room using one camera up close and personal, or leaving the cameras as placed with no camera person present and hitting the switch so that only they saw the action and recording, or choosing not to hit the switch at all and having only their personal memories of the event.  They chose option three., having their memories only.

Justin and Jared both are skating on thinning ice.  On the other hand, some behind-the-back cheating goes on for years before getting caught.

Love the character of Edward, but also the adventuresome nature of Brett and Jeremy.  I will be interesting in hearing the comments of Daniel and Rani on the movie, Nimir.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Always nice to be appreciated but I’m kinda scared. I hope you don’t reveal the plot of Nimir as I can’t imagine the content. 👀 😂 Edit-Eh, I looked up the plot of the actual movie Nimir...let’s go with that one. 😆 

Cherry Pop.... I never cared for cherry coke but this is taking my disgust to a whole new level. 😳 I mean you do you but I think I’ll pass. Brett’s antics are annoying but if you ignore the footprint thing that could be an eyesore to other patrons not to mention how he had no permission to do so, I guess his idea isn’t terrible. Of course I have to wonder how many perves will follow that yellow brick road thinking it’ll lead to sex only to end up with less than a happy ending. 😂 Jared is very defensive when Thomas seems to casually comment on how much of a tan they got and while I’m sure his comment was inspired by his doubts & suspicions Jared’s reaction is not doing anything to help him not look guilty. I’d say both brothers after being alone together for so long have likely let their guards down and now don’t seem to care as much at potentially getting caught. Justin especially seems to have lost all remnants of caring for Craig especially taking into consideration his comment of “Poor diddums.” as that doesn’t scream sympathy, empathy, love, or anything except dismissal. I used to have some small hope Justin would feel guilty over his cheating and his relationship with Craig could be salvaged yet with every interaction between the “brothers” my hope diminished to the point now with Justin’s lack of caring I’m pretty much like ok, he can just go jump off a cliff as Craig could do a thousand times better. I wouldn’t be shocked if Thomas & Craig bond over this and end up together if only temporary. Of course our “psychic” only mentioned a relationship ending not two so one might not end...even if it should not to mention it could be a relationship we never expected to end so soon if at all. I guess unlike the seer we’ll have to wait to see what happens.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

So, @Wombat Bill, will we see a throwaway character, Summer, who is told by someone, that "the cat you are trying to pick up was owned a big fan of the musical group ABBA.  We here at the animal shelter call him, Summer, ABBA cat."  Or maybe a proverbial bookworm named Paul, who is told by Dean or Edward, "You're quote a reader, Paul."

Hilarious. Brilliant. @Wombat Billis an inspiration to us all.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, ReaderPaul said:

in checking IMDB dot com, the movie Nimir came out in 2018, but is now called Arise.  I don't know if it is an Indian movie or a Malaysian movie; IMDB was not clear.  (For any who might not know, IMDB stands for International Movie Data Base.

I cannot find any Malaysian connection. The film is a remake of a Dileesh Pothan’s Malayalam film Maheshinte Pathikaram. Malayalam is a language spoken by the native people of southwestern India (from Mangalore to Kanyakumari). 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Glad you enjoyed your visit to the wedding expo.

Those naughty brothers, what can I say, they seem to upset all. 

And before someone asks, no Sybil will not be joining the regular cast, there are already too many characters to wrangle. :thumbdown:

BTW Sybil is the name of a very old and dear friend of mine, who used to read tarot cards. 

The coffee stains reference comes from a clairvoyant I once attended when I was not sure of my relationship. When she asked how I liked my coffee, thinking she was just being welcoming, I asked "Could I have tea?" Turns out she only reads coffee stains, not tea leaves. She found a stain that actually looked like an elephant and asked me if their was any significance. Turns out yes, I had just booked a trip to Thailand. 

Oh, your're wondering about the relationship? We;re still together 25 years on.  

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..