Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 2,513 Words
  • 1,061 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
May contain graphic sexual content

Catering With Benefits (3) - An Appetite for More - 52. Boxing Day

p style="text-align:center;"> 191774423_344942153883370_64474811539588

It was just on sunrise when Dean and Andy arrived home. They had not slept all night except for dozing in the waiting room of the hospital.

“Do you want a cuppa or go straight to bed?” asked Dean as they both collapsed into the big red sofa.

“I don’t think I could sleep anyway, so put the kettle on and I’ll try to gather my thoughts.”

“Ok, but you know I somehow feel a bit responsible for all this.”

“Why you?” asked Andy.

“Because I was the one who saw what he was capable of. You didn’t see him in that bloody purple room, balls stretched to breaking point and seemingly not feeling any pain, but instead talking to Jared as if he was in the room. I was fuckin’ scared for him.”

“But there wasn’t much you could do, once you refused to put on any more weights.”

“We should have stopped him leaving the house. I should have known he would get up to mischief over at the Price’s.”

“Maybe you’re right. I don’t mean about you being responsible, but he did tell me before he left that he had bigger plans for the day. I didn’t give it much thought at the time, but that must be what he meant and all I did was tell him to drive carefully. I’m the one who is responsible, not you.” admitted Andy.

“That doctor sort of scared me also. His balls will probably heal, but if he’s declared mentally unstable, what happens to him then?”

“We’ll just have to wait and cross that bridge when we come to it.”

“Hey, when that cop came here last night, he was looking for family and for the time that was us, but he must have other people who care about him. You’re his oldest friend, do you know if he has parents or siblings?”

“Shit, you’re right, I forgot about that. Locally, I should let Virginia Price know about him first, he always said she treated him like a son. I don’t think he has a brother or a sister and his parents are grey nomads, always driving around the country. God know where they are.”

“Do you have old lady Price’s number?”

“Not her mobile, but I’ll try the house. No wait, there’s no one there. I’ll try Potts Point and also Jonathan’s mobile. Do you know what time it is in France?”

“Probably close to London time, what’s that?”

“They’re eight hours behind us so, it’s....no it will be another hour because of our daylight saving so...”

“Wait, I’ll check time zones on my phone. Now it’s about six am here so the time in Paris is ..... nine pm yesterday.”

“Good, at least they won’t be sleeping.”

While Dean made the tea, Andy looked for Jonathan’s number. He was about to press ‘Call’, then paused. “Bugger!”

“What’s wrong?” asked Dean.

“What do I tell him about Thomas’s condition?”

“He’s recovering should do.”

“As may be, but recovering from what?”

“Oh I see...genital injury?”

“Acquired how?”

“Just tell him the truth, no point trying to sugar coat it.”

“You’re right” concluded Andy and pressed ‘Call’.

<>

“Hi Andy, so good to hear from you and Merry Christmas to you and Dean.”

“Yes, and to you and Lachlan also.”

“Thank you, I’m glad you called, because I need an update on Thomas’s condition.”

“You know about the....accident?”

“Yes, it was the security service that found him and called me as the primary contact for the property.”

“Did they tell you what happened to him?”

“Yes, that was a bit weird. They said he injured his balls. At first I thought that was strange and then I remembered he was found in the gym, so he must have slipped or dropped some weights on himself. Sounds awfully painful, how is he, have you seen him?”

“He’s recovering ok, and we did see him but he’s sedated till the pain improves.”

“Oh good, and that makes sense about the sedation. Let me know if he needs anything I can help with.”

“Sure Jonathan and I’ll keep you updated on his progress. Now there’s something I need”

“Of course, what can I do?”

“I need Mrs P’s mobile number.”

“Sure, I’ll get Lachlan to text it to you when we hang up. If I try to do it now, I’ll probably lose the call anyway. You know me and modern technology are not a good fit. By the way, I was recently reminded by Virginia, it is now Ms P.”

Dean laughed and replied “Thanks Jonathan, bye for now.”

As Andy hung up, Dean said “That seemed to go well.”

“He already knew about the accident, he was contacted by the security people who found Thomas, but he thinks it’s a gym injury.”

“Oh well, that’s less embarrassing to talk about.”

“For now, but we may need to have the conversation if we get a bad psych report.”

“As you say, crossing bridges.... tea’s ready.”

“Good, I’ll have that and then call Virginia. At least I now have a more palatable story to tell.”

As Dean was disposing of the tea bags, Andy’s phone beeped. “Any news?” asked Dean.

“No, it’s just Jonathan giving me Virginia’s number.”

“Are you going to call her now?”

“I’ll wait a bit longer, don’t want to alarm her by calling so early.

***

Early On Boxing Day, authorities urged Victorians to reconsider their holiday plans. Victoria’s Emergency Management Commissioner Andrew Crisp, told them they should turn around and go home, now. ‘If you're holidaying in that part of the state, it's time that you left’ he said.

“Should we head back to Sydney?” asked Virginia.

“I think that message was aimed mainly at campers and people renting holiday homes.”

“So we should be safe in our own home?”

“For now we are.”

Those who stayed didn't know it, but they were already out of time.

Later in the morning, an emergency warning was issued for the Mallacoota area. People in the area were told that the earlier Watch and Act warning had been upgraded due to concerns about the out-of-control bushfire at Wingan River bearing down on Mallacoota. The fire spread so quickly that the residents of Mallacoota were already in danger and were advised to take shelter immediately. The official warning was ‘It is too late to leave. Leaving now would be deadly as Genoa-Mallacoota Road is now closed.’

“Des, why is it so black outside, it’s only mid morning?”

“Must be the smoke. The wind has changed direction and is bringing the smoke directly to us.”

“So does that mean it will also blow the fire towards us?”

“Probably so.”

“Then we should leave immediately.”

“And where would we go?”

“Back to Sydney of course.”

“Virginia, that’s not possible because the only road in and out of Mallacoota is already closed by the fire.”

“Fucking hell.”

“Virginia! I’ve never heard you talk like that before.”

“I’ve never been in a fucking bushfire before, so perhaps I’ve been saving it for the right occasion.”

“Fair enough.”

***

Where’s the TV remote?” asked Andy.

“If it’s not on the coffee table, maybe it slipped down between the sofa cushions again.”

“I really should attach a mobile phone to it, so I could at least call it when it gets lost.”

“Hey that’s a clever idea, a marriage between a remote and a phone, I’ll bet Sony haven’t thought of that yet.”

When retrieved, the remote soon had the TV spewing forth endless updates on fires in three states. “This looks pretty bad this bushfire situation. At least we’re safe here in this concrete jungle.” commented Andy.

“Yeah but we get the smoke, but still far better than then the flames. I don’t know how people in those rural areas cope with the constant threat of being burned out every summer. I couldn’t do it.”

A few moments later Andy added “Look at that, they’ve only just rebuilt after losing their home two years ago and now they have to evacuate because they might lose their new home. I’d just give up and scamper back to the big smoke, sorry, I mean the city.”

A few minutes later, while watching an injured Koala being rescued by WIRES, Dean said “You know, at least humans know what to do, have cars and are advised where to go, but the poor wildlife don’t understand why their homes are alight or where to go for help. That’s fucking sad.” and then Dean choked up.

Noticing this, Andy asked “Are you ok?”

“Sort of, I don’t know who I feel for most, the people or the animals. And it’s not just wildlife. What about the farm animals that can’t escape because they’re fenced in?”

The sleepless night finally caught up with Andy and he dozed off with the remote control firmly in hand. Dean continued to watch the 24 hour news through half closed eyes, until he saw a partly burned town sign that once, proudly proclaimed, Welcome to Mallacoota.

He shook Andy awake and said “Hey, a few weeks back you were talking about a place called Mallacoota, but I forgot why.”

“What?” asked a still sleepy Andy.

“Mallacoota, why were you talking about it before?”

“Oh, that’s where Mrs P bought a house, why.”

“It looks like there’s a fire approaching the town.”

“Fuck, I better call and see if she’s there, as well as tell her about Thomas. This may be a double whammy for her.”

A voice on a crackly line answered “Hello, this is Virginia.”

“Hi Mrs P, this is Andy from the jewellery design studio, how are you.”

“Bloody scared Andy, have you heard about the fire down here?”

“Yes, we’re just watching it on TV, looks serious, are you safe.”

“To be honest, I don’t know. We’re still in the house and the fire hasn’t reached the town yet but....” then the line went silent for a few seconds.

“Hello Virginia, are you still there?”

“Yes, I’m back, damn phone keeps dropping out. Where was I?”

“You were saying that the fire hasn’t reached the town yet.”

“Oh yes, but Des and I are ready to run if needs be.”

“That doesn’t sound good, but before we lose this poor connection, I have some news about Thomas.”

“Is he still in France with Jonathan?”

“No he’s been back home for a week but yesterday he had an accident and is in Westmead hospital.”

“Damn, some Christmas drunk run into him? Is he badly injured?”

“It wasn’t a car accident. He sustained a...um...injury in the gym, but he’s recovering.”

“Oh that’s a relief, but I should get back to Sydney....Des,” she yelled “I need to go back to Sydney immediately, Thomas is in hospital.”

“We can’t get out of town, the only road out is closed by the fire.”

“Fuck, I forgot that.”

“Mrs P!” said an astonished Andy.

“Oh I know, but it’s now my new word to describe this horrible situation I find myself in.”

“Forgiven, I suppose, but what was Desmond saying?”

“We can’t get out because, can you believe, there’s only one road out of this town. They didn’t tell me that when I bought here. I must have a word with Smidmore about that.”

“That is bad, so what’s going to happen if the fire gets closer, is there an evacuation plan?”

“They did have some helicopters taking out the ill and vulnerable, but there was no chance of that for us and now theve all stopped because of the smoke. Des says our evacuation plan is to go down to the lake. I don’t know what we do then apart from stand in the lake. Oh Andy, I’m scared, this is not the Christmas I planned. Sorry, here I am babbling on about my troubles when Thomas is lying in hospital. Tell me more abou....” The line then went dead and Andy looked at his phone, which declared Call Ended.

He tried to re-establish a connection but just got the usual ‘out if range’ message.

He explained his call to Dean who then declared “Now I think it’s definitely bed time.”

“You go off to bed, I don’t think I’ll sleep much anyway so I might as well just continue to doze here on the sofa.”

“Ok, but don’t be surprised if I start without you.”

“Are you serious?”

“I am tired, but also a bit stressed, so maybe a quick wank might relax me.”

“I’d like to see that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you jerk off yourself.”

“Then be my audience, by all means.”

They went off to the bedroom, Dean stripped off and lie on his back, as Andy sat in the chair.

“Are you just going to sit over there?”

“Yes, you promised me a solo performance and that’s want I’m waiting for.”

“Fair enough” answered Dean as he tweaked his own nipples and his cock started to lengthen. He then moved his hands to his balls and cupped them gently at first then gave them a squeeze, but suddenly stopped and pulled his hand away.

“What’s wrong?” asked Andy

“I just had thoughts of Thomas and suddenly squeezing my balls didn’t seem like a good idea.”

“So what are you going to do now, I don’t see that stiff rod that you usually display. Do you need help after all?”

“No thank you, I will deliver what I promised.” He said as he reached for the massage oil, squeezed a little into his hand and smeared it over his half erection. He then pulled his feet up near his arse, dropped his knees sideways and spread his legs till they were flat on the bed.

“Hey impressive position, does that help?”

“Just be quiet and watch.” Dean replied as he stroked his penis and kept pressing his legs against the bed. In that position he only needed a few strokes and he was rock hard.

Andy was about to comment and then remembered his instructions, so he watched as Dean’s stroking got faster and his breathing also increased in rapidity. Less than one minute later he stopped momentarily to let Andy see the pre-cum seep out of his rod. Andy kept quiet, but gave a thumbs up and looked forward to Dean’s next move. He knew Dean could produce a large load, but was not expecting the force with which he could push it out.

Thirty seconds later Andy became an unplanned participant in this act when Dean’s first gush went so high and so far it reached Andy. He smiled but said nothing. He just watched the look of determination on Dean’s face turn to a grin and then the expected ahhhh. He finally broke his silence and asked “Feel better my love?”

A breathless Dean replied “Oh yeah!”

Andy was about to get a towel for Dean, but decided, as he had not had any breakfast, he might take in a little protein from Dean’s relaxed body.

Next Chapter - The psych report.
Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Way to go, Dean!

Sounds like Virginia and Desmond should have also bought a boat.

I read that several cell towers and land lines in Australia were destroyed by the bushfires, sometimes creating major lack-of-communication problems.  @Wombat Bill or @Summerabbacat, could either of you tell me if I heard that correctly?

I have read one other story concerning the bushfires.  However, since it is not on this site, I can only refer to it indirectly.  I will say that it was a good story, involving a straight 13-year-old boy who was a surfing champion; a gay 13-year-old boy whose mixed Aborigine/Scottish background gave him talents from knowing what to do for safety from a pack of dingoes, how to drive a houseboat, and how to save koala bears; and a pair of brothers, ages 10 and 8, as the main characters, with several supporting cast adults.

Once again, @Wombat Bill, a suspenseful chapter which seemed much shorter than the 2,513 words it is listed as containing.  Very good work.  Thank you.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, ReaderPaul said:

I read that several cell towers and land lines in Australia were destroyed by the bushfires, sometimes creating major lack-of-communication problems.  Could you tell me if I heard that correctly?

Yes that is correct. In rural areas these are placed on higher ground as there are no high buildings to use, as in the city. The problem with this is that fires also like to burn UP hillsides. Since so many were destroyed or damaged in 2019/20 they are looking for new technology or other ways of protecting communication towers. I haven't read anything about it recently. 

Landlines are generally underground, but use local exchanges, to service small villages. These are very often just a small shed about the size of a one car garage or smaller. We have one just down the road, so a fire in this area would easily destroy it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Virgina and Desmond are definitely in trouble because of the bushfire.

Impressive skills from Dean.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Virginia’s response to the situation might be shocking to Desmond & Andy but to me all I can think is what else do you say? Definitely a beyond stressful situation that deserves some strong language. Fires can be unpredictable so we can only hope it doesn’t reach their home despite it seemingly being inevitable. So, now that we had Dean fire his shot who’s next? This could become a competitive sport. 😂 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Dean redeemed himself in this chapter. I was disappointed with his somewhat callous attitude to Thomas' mental health in a more recent chapter, although in his defence it appeared Thomas' bizarre behaviour had frightened Dean greatly. Dean's comments regarding the wildlife and farm animals and the fate they met in the bushfires showed he is more sensitive than the average person, who is generally more concerned for the human population fleeing the bushfires and the toll they extract on their homes. I do recall news reports from the 2019/2020 bushfires for once reporting on the estimated death toll of wildlife, although perhaps this was only because the numbers were catastrophic and "attention grabbing" ie. newsworthy (I cannot help but be cynical). 

@Wombat Bill the images which preface this chapter, particularly the one on the right, are a stark reminder of that terrible time. I could almost smell the bushfire smoke looking at the image on the right. This chapter was profoundly moving, the sheer ferocity of the bushfires and the devastation they wreaked powerfully conveyed with "it is too late to leave". This chapter was like no other you have written; your words never so powerful and utterly despairing. 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..