Gay Author's Readers' Choice 2023
First Love Gay Stories
What are First Love Gay Stories? First Love stories are about falling in love for the first time or falling in love for real the first time. Of course, for Gay Authors, that means falling in love for the first time with someone of the same gender.
In 2023, we asked the members of Gay Authors to recommend stories that they felt best fit the concept of First Love hosted here on Gay Authors. We had 66 stories submitted. We then asked members to rank them on how strongly recommended they were. We had over 200 members help rank the stories.
Top 9 First Love Gay Stories - Readers' Choice 2023
- Boss Nanny by Mrsgnomie - It's college. Matt should be worrying about classes, friends, and parties. Not a baby. At least his supervisor is cool when he shows up to work with his infant brother in tow. The owner on the other hand? Matt's sure he'll be an issue. Except, Seamus helps Matt more than anyone.
- Riding Lessons by Andrew Todd - Zak is a shy quiet 15 year old whose mother gets him a summer job at a local ranch. Zak's sure it's going to be the summer from Hell until he meets 16 year-old ranch hand, Dusty.
- Summer by Carlos Hazday - At fifteen, CJ moved to the District of Columbia when his step-father discovered the teen was gay and banished him from their Miami home. In Washington, living with his biological father and his partner, CJ blossoms thanks in part to the guidance provided by his father’s gay friends.
- Sidewinder by Headstall - Life in the Old West was harsh. The work was hard, but the men were harder, and death.... well... it came easy. Boone had no one until he met Coy, a handsome cowboy with a good heart. Their friendship was quickly formed, and meant everything to him, but after five years of being at each other's side, it was time to move on. Coy didn't need him anymore, and Boone wanted someone made like he was. Finally accepting that was never going to be Coy, and tired of being rootless, he sets out to find a home... land that was his, and a place he could belong. Coy? Left on his own, what path will he take?
- Timber Pack Chronicles by Rob Colton - The object of Parker Montgomery's crush is big man on campus Colton Butler, who is much more than he appears to be. Colton has been watching Parker from a distance, patiently waiting for the day when he will finally be able to claim his destined mate. When Parker is threatened by a rogue wolf, Colton's instincts take over and he finds that his actions have consequences that threaten to tear his pack apart.
- Circumnavigation by C James -Trevor, through little fault of his own, finds himself with few choices. Desperate and hunted, he decides that his best chance is to head out to sea on his boat, for a circumnavigation of the Earth. His boat, Atlantis, is a fifty-five foot cruising catamaran, bequeathed to him by his mother prior to her mysterious disappearance. Come along for the ride and explore with Trevor, as he discovers many things, not the least of which is himself.
- Tied up in Knotts by Mrsgnomie - Nash Cushman had a good life. Nominated for 'Man of the Year, he had a good job, a great husband, and a community of people who loved him. Until he didn't. Through it all, life and love found a way. One man got what he never knew he wanted (or needed) while the other got the impossible.
- Desert Dropping - by DomLuka - Rory's mom just died and soon after the funeral his life is turned upside down when he finds out that his mom has contacted the father that he never knew. Now, he's forced to live in the desert with a family he doesn't know, a father he doesn't want to know, and to top it all off, Rory's gay and no longer has anyone to confide in. Friends will be made and the meaning of family will be found as Rory discovers that everything isn't so bad in the desert.
- Running with the Pack by WolfM - Ethan Scott tires of life in the city after several years of living on the streets and decides a trip to the mountains is the change he needs. Little does he know what direction that change will take.
Readers' Choice 2023 LInks
Coming to Love
By Tim Hobson