Pollvey: Beards - Yea or Nay?

I am perplexed. Last year I started seeing bearded men all over the place. Also, 9 out of 10 new music acts I see have someone in them looking like a Rabbi.

Please explain this to MrM. He will appreciate it. 

Theeenk Yeeew!

Beards have made a comeback, especially among gay men as a sign of masculinity. I keep a permanent stubble that I trim daily, and haven't been clean shaven in more than 2 years. 

I don't really like it on other guys though. I prefer my guys smooth and twinky. 

• Like 1

I see ratty ones. I see nicely trimmed ones. The ones I don't get at all are the long rabbi ones. Football Players, Rock and Pop performers, actors. All look like rabbis! LOL!!

I am Muslim and I have a Pakistani-Canadian friend whose dad just barely manages to keep his foot in two cultures. He tells me that in the 2013 baseball season, when the Red Sox were in full beard glory, his dad was supporting them v. strongly but he couldn't remember most of their names. He liked Jonny Gomes especially but again, couldn't remember his name. So he called him...."Taliban."

Jonny+Gomes+St+Louis+Cardinals+v+Boston+

• Like 1

Beards have been a thing for at least four or five years now. I don't mind them as long as they're nicely trimmed. The rabbi ones are just weird, though.

The beard thing started with hipsters, but now they've moved over to jocky/formerly preppy types.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Beards have made a comeback, especially among gay men as a sign of masculinity. I keep a permanent stubble that I trim daily, and haven't been clean shaven in more than 2 years. 

I don't really like it on other guys though. I prefer my guys smooth and twinky. 

Around here in Hillcrest beards have always been present among gay guys, but they generally mean they are a Bear or a Wolf. Cubs too for the younger ones. It sort of defined the kind of guy you were into and advertised it. They also were kind of necessary for going to the mostly Bear bars in the area. Now...I'm just confused as they seem to be everywhere. 

• Like 2

I started seeing a resurgence in beards when a couple TV shows had characters that prominently feature actors with beards. Duck Dynasty was one, but Sons of Anarchy is the other. I see a lot more bikers with the long scraggly beards now than I did 5 years ago.

Tig-Opie-Jax-Clay-Chibs-Bobby-et-Kozik-S

Edited by DynoReads
  • Like 1

What I can't figure out is why some of these guys with all the "masculine" facial hair are so busy shavin' their dick and balls into a puss filled follicle nightmare trying to make their junk look like it belongs to a prepubescent child.

I just don't get it.

• Like 5

I've had some sort of beard for over 20 years, last time I shaved it all off I felt naked, looked like a nerd and grew it right back.

As for the long braided beards, they've been a "trend" amongst bikers for decades. Not for me though, I don't have the patience.

I started to let mine fully grow last December and I think I'm ready for a trim, starting to look a bit bearish right now.

A beard can be lots of fun during sweaty, sticky sex..... it can tickle some spots and it's a great flavor saver! :rofl:

• Like 1

I've had some sort of beard for over 20 years, last time I shaved it all off I felt naked, looked like a nerd and grew it right back.

As for the long braided beards, they've been a "trend" amongst bikers for decades. Not for me though, I don't have the patience.

I started to let mine fully grow last December and I think I'm ready for a trim, starting to look a bit bearish right now.

A beard can be lots of fun during sweaty, sticky sex..... it can tickle some spots and it's a great flavor saver! :rofl:

Your case I can understand, Carlos. You are what I'm used to. Its the ones like what PBax mentions who were clean shaven just a few months ago and now suddenly they are Bears except they aren't Bears.

Personally, I stay clean shaven and prefer to manscape a bit because I'm something of an aging pretty boy. But I don't like the 'bare down there deal'. That just feels weird to me.

• Like 1

I have personally never understood why anyone, male or female, would want to shave the more tender portions of the anatomy. One would think the itch factor alone during the grow back would drive a person bonkers. As for facial hair - I think it totally depends on the face and the style the man chooses. Some look good - others just do not. Might I suggest however, if a man is considering removing a beard he has worn for a long while, doing so during a time frame when the rest of his face is not tanned?  A white chin on a tanned face ...

• Like 1

I can't understand why people would be willing to look like a bum.

The long, scraggly beard of the duck dynasty fook-tards doesn't make you look distinguished- just homeless.

I guess it's good for getting people to hand you their spare change.

• Like 1

It might be an occupational problem, but when I see long, scraggly beards I automatically see millions of germs living on spilled drinks and food...and skin oil, just ew... A nice trimmed, short beard is okay. :)

• Like 2

What I can't figure out is why some of these guys with all the "masculine" facial hair are so busy shavin' their dick and balls into a puss filled follicle nightmare trying to make their junk look like it belongs to a prepubescent child.

I just don't get it.

LMAO.  :rofl:

I can't understand why people would be willing to look like a bum.

The long, scraggly beard of the duck dynasty fook-tards doesn't make you look distinguished- just homeless.

I guess it's good for getting people to hand you their spare change.

LMAO!

Haven't you heard?  Lumbersexual is the hot new trend.  :P

I've noticed the beard thing since about 2011, but it really kicked up over the last 2 years or so.

It also has ranges. There's the Duck Dynasty look, but then there's also this:

16-aaron-taylor-johnson%E2%80%99s-tapere

I've seen this one a lot. As well as that fucking haircut.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

All right, kids. I grew my first beard when I was 18. It was full and thick and auburn, and the sidewalks sizzled under my feet. For several years, I'd shave it off in the spring and grow it back in the fall. I met Dave, Dave likes a full beard. I no longer shave, but I maintain other areas, and I keep the beard shorter than homeless length.

Recent studies suggest that people are attracted to the more exotic-looking man, the unique man. When most are clean-shaven, the beard is more attractive, and vice versa. These guys are looking to be different, just like everybody else, and they lack individuality or imagination.

As for the rabbi look, the Amish beard with the bare upper lip, or Duck Dynasty latter-day hippie, if it looks good, wear it. Don't use a beard to ugly yourself up.

As for why, that is usually the most useless question there is.

• Like 5

I have a beard. I never did until I was around 45 (my father disapproved, and then he died and now I have a beard). It gets scruffy sometimes but I generally keep it neat. I have a weak chin. I've always disliked that. The beard hides it. I like guys with beards but they're not mandatory, it's the smile inside there that matters more.

Haven't you heard?  Lumbersexual is the hot new trend.  :P

WTF? You mean I'm in the middle of posting a story with characters that could be considered trendsetters? Why didn't somebody tell me? Do I need to start reading Cosmo to keep up with the times?

All right, kids. I grew my first beard when I was 18. It was full and thick and auburn, and the sidewalks sizzled under my feet. For several years, I'd shave it off in the spring and grow it back in the fall. I met Dave, Dave likes a full beard. I no longer shave, but I maintain other areas, and I keep the beard shorter than homeless length.

Recent studies suggest that people are attracted to the more exotic-looking man, the unique man. When most are clean-shaven, the beard is more attractive, and vice versa. These guys are looking to be different, just like everybody else, and they lack individuality or imagination.

As for the rabbi look, the Amish beard with the bare upper lip, or Duck Dynasty latter-day hippie, if it looks good, wear it. Don't use a beard to ugly yourself up.

As for why, that is usually the most useless question there is.

:worship:   :worship:   :worship:   :worship:   :worship:

:off:

I'd like to throw in tattoos into the mix. One day I woke up and my body art turned me into a cool dude. Had I known that was all it took I would have started getting inked back in high school! (I would have loved to have seen coach's face when he saw me with a tat! LOL)

Edited by Carlos Hazday