Ok, so we were always thinking about spicing this room up a bit and making it a bit more fun and interactive, but we never really did much about it. If this turns out to be a bust and no one really participates, we can try something else.

The purpose of this is just to get your juices flowing (not THOSE juices!). You don't have to write it out or post it, but just thinking about it can help your mind get in the mood for writing.

Play descriptive Taboo: Pick an object in your living room, then list the five most obvious words you'd need to describe it. Then write a vivd description of the object without using those words. Repeat with an object from each room of your house.
  • 2 weeks later...

Do roommates count as objects? In that case my five words would be: hyperactive slutty british sex object...

And now I have nothing left to describe. :( Or maybe I could write something like: Has a nose like a toochpick stuck in a barn door and eyes like the st laurent river...deep...dark...polluted. Wow, I'm bored. I'd be interested in hearing about the talented coffee mug though.

-db-

p.s. If you do another one of these, you should make people post what they wrote to keep everyone honest. Besides, I'm sure we'll all find something to talk/laugh about. :wub:

Do roommates count as objects? In that case my five words would be: hyperactive slutty british sex object...

And now I have nothing left to describe. :( Or maybe I could write something like: Has a nose like a toochpick stuck in a barn door and eyes like the st laurent river...deep...dark...polluted. Wow, I'm bored. I'd be interested in hearing about the talented coffee mug though.

-db-

p.s. If you do another one of these, you should make people post what they wrote to keep everyone honest. Besides, I'm sure we'll all find something to talk/laugh about. :wub:

Coffee mug: hot, smooth, tickled, wet, filled.

Draw your own conclusions.

(And mine weren

(And mine weren't perverted!) :P

Your coffee mug sounds absolutely sensual. I bet all your cups and saucers are having fits of jealously.

Conclusions:

1. DomLuka has a strongly sensual food drive...and is really thirsty / hungry. Someone feed that guy! We don't want him to faint.

2. DomLuka is lonely for, uh, a coffee-making boyfriend with whom to get steamy? (I'll let the ellipses deal with any innuendo....) :yowza:

3. Why does that coffee mug sound like it's having more fun than me? OK, I need a social life, among other things. I think I'm getting jealous of a coffee mug. Weirdness. :lmao:

• 3 months later...

Throw cushion: soft, cushioning, purple, decorative, square.

a bright, corrigated velvet cover encasing cotton perfection for heads at night as well as providing asthetic apeal to a room.

That was fun but Dom's coffee mug was so much better than my throw cushion. I must choose the next object I see which happens to be my broken, adjustable desk lamp.

Broken, adjustable desk-lamp: Extends, long, turned on, dark. (thats just creepy!)

I'm not writing the description cos I'm creeped out!!! :o

Edited by writeincode
  • 6 months later...

'cause i'm curious *chuckles*

sofa: old, abrasive, hidden, soft, brown

Something tattered, witnessing the foibles and triumph's of time with it's woven earth toned colors and still crutching along just fine. Even now it sits, watches, waiting to enfold you in its embrace, draped in colorful blankets and knitted throws. Something to pillow your head against in sadness curled on it's lap, something to embrace on urged ever closer to a loved one. It's there, never judging almost welcoming, that cantankerous couch that's seen oh so much.

hey thought i'd give it a try :P

• Site Administrator
'cause i'm curious *chuckles*

sofa: old, abrasive, hidden, soft, brown

Something tattered, witnessing the foibles and triumph's of time with it's woven earth toned colors and still crutching along just fine. Even now it sits, watches, waiting to enfold you in its embrace, draped in colorful blankets and knitted throws. Something to pillow your head against in sadness curled on it's lap, something to embrace on urged ever closer to a loved one. It's there, never judging almost welcoming, that cantankerous couch that's seen oh so much.

hey thought i'd give it a try :P

Nice -- well done and welcome to GA :)

• 7 months later...

LOL an object from each room of the house... Well since im a Zillionaire and live in a castle in Ireland thats alot of rooms. Jk jk

Telephone: Voices,headache,loud,ringer,annoying

Mirror:Self,Reflection,Vain,shimmering,lights

Microphone: Seductive,lips,moving,ears,listening.

LOL Though sexy coffee cups are my favorite:) Especially when you are in the coffee shop and the guy across the room smiles at you and you smile back then when he goes and waves at you you wave back and knock your cup in your lap and burn yourself. I knew right away he wasnt Mr Right or even Mr Right Now or he woulda bought me another cup of coffee. Instead he laughed and left.

• 2 weeks later...

(And mine weren't perverted!) :P

Conclusions:

1. DomLuka has a strongly sensual food drive...and is really thirsty / hungry. Someone feed that guy! We don't want him to faint.

2. DomLuka is lonely for, uh, a coffee-making boyfriend with whom to get steamy? (I'll let the ellipses deal with any innuendo....) :yowza:

3. Why does that coffee mug sound like it's having more fun than me? OK, I need a social life, among other things. I think I'm getting jealous of a coffee mug. Weirdness. :lmao:

*falls to floor laughing her butt off* *gets odd look from mother* *gets back up and continues to type and read*

Alright...lets see...soda can: red, yellow, orange, circle, open

Little can sitting upon my desk, empty and hollow. Color so bright against my white, white paper. Little can...can I crush you flat yet?

Hum....pen: black, ink, round, lid, and small

Dear little writing utensil, one that I place to paper, letting your liquid flow out onto it, writing my thoughts and stories, laying there so desolently alone.

Is it possible to become depressed over a pen?

• 1 year later...

Duster: compressed, air, can, nozzle, black

I hold you and squeeze. You exhale, strongly blowing away dirt and dust. I hold you tighter and you become cold. The longer I hold on the colder you get. You freeze and I have no choice, but to let you go.

Not sure if I got it right.

Edited by Reisce