What made you smile today?

MMandM

Besides faxing Morgan the bill. I went to Fashion Island shopping in the middle of the afternoon, I had to buy new white underwear because last weekend I did a load of whites in the washer and somehow my green pool towel was mixed in with the whites and now they had a slight green tint to them. A little boy about four years old, was shopping with his mother in the same store. When Mom couldn't find him for a moment, I called, "He's right here trying on underwear." The little boy had sat himself down behind a rack, with a handful of Tommy Hilfiger underwear, and decided to try them all on right over his clothes. As Mom quickly turned pink I said, "Look on the bright side; you'll have a colorful story to tell at the next family gathering." :D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides faxing Morgan the bill. I went to Fashion Island shopping in the middle of the afternoon, I had to buy new white underwear because last weekend I did a load of whites in the washer and somehow my green pool towel was mixed in with the whites and now they had a slight green tint to them. A little boy about four years old, was shopping with his mother in the same store. When Mom couldn't find him for a moment, I called, "He's right here trying on underwear." The little boy had sat himself down behind a rack, with a handful of Tommy Hilfiger underwear, and decided to try them all on right over his clothes. As Mom quickly turned pink I said, "Look on the bright side; you'll have a colorful story to tell at the next family gathering." :D

Whoah.. I work at Fashion Island! Small world. :)

My friend made a compilation video dedicated to our first year of dormlife... it was hilarious and really made me smile. I really needed that, since I've been missing all my hallmates like crazy. :boy:

Whoah.. I work at Fashion Island! Small world. :)

My friend made a compilation video dedicated to our first year of dormlife... it was hilarious and really made me smile. I really needed that, since I've been missing all my hallmates like crazy. :boy:

Cool Raz, I work in Newport Beach, sometime have lunch at different places in fashion island :)

Hopefully....June 4th, 2008... lol.

Krista

Congrats Krista!!! :music::2thumbs:

And as for what made me smile today??

An article i wrote for a daily was published!! It made my mum happy---which in turn put a smile on my face too!

Couple things made me smile today.

1. The roar of my engine through its new open-cone air intake system at 3,000-6500 RPM as I passed a concrete highway divider on the interstate. The sound of pure, unadulterated muscle (yeah, it's only six cylinders, sue me... not you Mark LOL) being reverberated back to me always makes me smile, no matter how gray it is outside (and it was pouring today!).

2. My manager (the cute one) telling me that he was taking me out of the shoe department for the rest of the day.

3. The news reaching my eyes that General Motors is going full-steam with their real-wheel-drive plan.

4. Successfully discovering an answer of zero to the Wronskian of three y-terms. (Differential Equations homework)

I turned 30 today....

I watched my baby graduate kindergarten....

I got these beautiful flowers all the way from Scotland (thanks Sweetie :wub: )...

Had birthday sex...

And spumoni ice cream! :P

reading funny stories as I search the net for more gems...

the random customer that clicks and we start joking across the counter

some of the silly titles people come up with in the non fiction section.

and... reading reading + books (yes I'm weird i love book smell v.v) and more reading. Read a story with lots of jokes... my record for a big happy grin on my face.

Three things made me smile today:

1. I attended the third sessions of my Linear Algebra and Differential Equations classes today, and came away only moderately confused.
  2. I cleaned out all of the old crap from the Outlook pst file from my old PC and copied the messages and contacts I want to keep into my new PC, and everything is working exactly right!
  3. We went out to dinner tonight to a good Mexican place here, and I had a low-cal veggie and chicken quesadilla and it was absolutely delicious! (My favorite kind of food is Mexican.)

Colin B)

Visiting with my Aunt after having finished her first round of Chemotherapy, realizing that she is tougher then most of the family gives her credit for, and will probably out-live us all...

and...

In an odd, random thaught, figured she would have probably made a damn good rancher.

Visiting with my Aunt after having finished her first round of Chemotherapy, realizing that she is tougher then most of the family gives her credit for, and will probably out-live us all...

and...

In an odd, random thaught, figured she would have probably made a damn good rancher.

Good on ya, Steve. I'm sure your being there for her at a time like that meant a lot to her. And it seems you received a gift in return. :wub:

Two things made me smile today. Last nihgt I walked to my local pharmacy to pick up a Rx. This time of year, I always wear sandals. I have two pair. Yes, you guessed it. When I got back and removed my sandals I saw that I had put on two different sandals. One was black, the other a camel colour. I was wearing shorts, too. No one said a word to me. For some reason, it wasn't so funny last night. This morning, when I first thought of it, I just totally lost it and laughed for a good while.

I just got back from having dinner with my best friend, Jim, who lives in Montreal. I have known Jim since 1970. That's 37 years. It boggles my mind. We caught up and just had a great time.

Conner

Congrats Krista and BeaStkid! :) You made me smile!

Ieshwar

*rubs the ground with his right foot as he blushes*

Thanks dude!

You made me smile again today...a different kind of smile (read: blush) but a smile nevertheless.

The "Mythbusters" made me smile. I watched them rebuild the crash test dumy they love to abuse and then drop him from a crane. For those who haven't seen the show, its full of destruction and explosions. The dummy Buster is used to test the damage a person might sustain in certain situations. He usualy looses at least one limb but it is presented in a funny way....Then they have to put him back together again.

• Site Administrator

I'm smiling now, because I think I've been to Fashion Island at Newport Beach, too.... :D And there aren't that many places in the greater L.A. area I've been to :P

I had a couple of smiles during the day. I was in meetings all day in Sydney, and there were a few quick quips that everyone laughing. Otherwise, it was a boring day (I'm sitting at Sydney arirport, waiting for them to call my flight).

This actually happened last Saturday, but it still has me smiling. :D I was sitting in the MVA with my daughter, waiting our turn to get her a photo ID. After an hour

Guest evilangel

Well i felt compelled to write something here. Seeing as how i can't stop smiling yet. Today i found out that i don't have to do something tomorrow that i was kind of dreading. It was work related and i didn't really feel like sitting in front of people asking me a lot of questions that i probably wouldn't have known.

:worship: great relief. :D

Edited by evilangel

First thing was going to Sam's 6th grade 'moving up' ceremony and discovering he had won the "Outstanding Student Award" which came with a $50 savings bond. Second thing was reading his third period report card and ELA test scores. *shakes head* He is the smartest idiot I have ever known(idiot because i still have to tell him which is the FRONT porch snd similar things). Third thing was an email I got from someone who will never have a label that will fit what he is to me.