Well, in my ending, the one which goes over that place isn't the one you think but is in fact the one you have forgotten. But the one you think have gone over there is not over there and is infact at his place with you-know-who doing you-know-what. But afterwards, he realises that...

Got it? Was it the same?

Ieshwar

B) .....crazy thing is that this actually makes sense :P

• 2 months later...

I had a visit from some guys who switched over the telephone lines in my house a couple of days ago (or whatever it was that they were doing). If Dom really did run off with a telephone guy then I don't expect him to return for good anytime soon (damn, those guys were HOT :wub: )

• 3 weeks later...

Well I hope he is well of course whatever he is doing. But this is all so sad. I really miss Dom's writing. :(:( He is without a doubt the greatest of the online authors.

I haven't logged on for a year, though I faithfully check in the hope that something, anything by Dom has appeared.

regards

Gearoid

I haven't logged on for a year, though I faithfully check in the hope that something, anything by Dom has appeared.

:huh: While it has been a log time since Dom has posted anything, I don't think it's been a year :P

Although it does feel like a year (or two, or three) :unsure:

Take Care®,

Vic

Well I hope he is well of course whatever he is doing. But this is all so sad. I really miss Dom's writing. :(:( He is without a doubt the greatest of the online authors.

regards

Gearoid

It's good to see you again, Gearoid :)

regards

Gearoid

Sad is one aspect of it... right now, though, I'm seeing it as a bit disrespectful. Dom is of course free to do whatever the f he wants, and needless to say, he shouldn't force the writing if he isn't feeling it. But to basically stop communicating at all (one little blog post in almost 8 months???) is to turn one's back on a relationship with a dedicated group of readers, and it's really not cool.

Undoubtedly, someone will point out that Dom doesn't "owe" us anything. Maybe not, but this isn't the breach of a legal contract we're talking about: it's a social dynamic - and Dom has basically given up his end of it. It's a shame - he used to be both an engaging presence on his blog, and someone on whom one could depend to actually finish a story. Now, he's neither.

There are a number of authors out there who take forever and a day to post new material (e.g., Adam Philips "Crosscurrents") but at least some of them bother to engage with their readers in the interim. That's called respect, and class.

But to basically stop communicating at all (one little blog post in almost 8 months???) is to turn one's back on a relationship with a dedicated group of readers, and it's really not cool.

Just to correct your fact, Dom posted an update in this thread in August post 39. So that's two updates in 8 months :P .

I've been trying to get my s*** together

Perhaps for him that means not participating on GA or not communicating with his fans. I doubt he's doing it to disrespect anyone.

Whatever he needs to do to gather said s*** .

Sad is one aspect of it... right now, though, I'm seeing it as a bit disrespectful. Dom is of course free to do whatever the f he wants, and needless to say, he shouldn't force the writing if he isn't feeling it. But to basically stop communicating at all (one little blog post in almost 8 months???) is to turn one's back on a relationship with a dedicated group of readers, and it's really not cool.

Undoubtedly, someone will point out that Dom doesn't "owe" us anything. Maybe not, but this isn't the breach of a legal contract we're talking about: it's a social dynamic - and Dom has basically given up his end of it. It's a shame - he used to be both an engaging presence on his blog, and someone on whom one could depend to actually finish a story. Now, he's neither.

I will come to the defense of Dom here. I don't see it as being disrespectful to anyone. Am I wishing that he'd give us some other news, of course, but oh well. He said the last time that he had things to get sorted out. He made the choice of not saying, he most likely had his reason to do that and as his "dedicated group of readers" we have got to respect that.

okay, i'm a major fan of dom's stories too and just finished reading chapter 20 of ITFB last night.

WHAT IS THIS CHAPTER 25 YOU SPEAK OF?

sorry, i guess my noobieness be showing to all.

anyways, dom, hope you're doing okay. i know how hard it is to get a chapter up due to life stuff... but god, your stories are like crack, meth and heroin combined...

okay, i'm a major fan of dom's stories too and just finished reading chapter 20 of ITFB last night.

WHAT IS THIS CHAPTER 25 YOU SPEAK OF?

sorry, i guess my noobieness be showing to all.

No problem, Daffioak! I was in the same boat only a month or so ago. I really wish ITFB had an "in progress" note attached to it, because it was definitely a shock when chapter 20 just ended. :blink:

Oh, there is no chapter 25... at least not yet. People were joking around, way back when, and it messes up newbies like us, because we get all excited and search and search and search and find nothing. Meanies! :P

So anyways, as you figured out, Dom is on hiatus and no one's sure when he'll be back. ITFB and With Trust are still in progress, but the rest of his stories are complete.

~Steph :D

Oh, there is no chapter 25... at least not yet. People were joking around, way back when, and it messes up newbies like us, because we get all excited and search and search and search and find nothing. Meanies! :P

Ummm, read this from his Domness himself ---

Dom's just fine. So is ITFB. Last night I finally got back to chapter 25.

That was back in August, so who knows what chapter he's on now. 53?

Thank Christ someone actually told me that ITFB was incomplete because I would have chucked my laptop across the room if i'd gotten to the end and not realised it was a work in progress.

I see that there are many other readers as pi**ed off about the lack of completion as I am. But I'm assuming that these authors don't get paid to write these stories and from his hefty list of completed titles it seems that he's spent a lot of time geeking it up on the puter. The guy is entitled to a little life. Having said that, a little life doesnt mean leaving me hanging like a pathetic baby waiting for its bottle.

Im expecting that upon the return of his holiness, the ENTIRE story will be finished. If we just get one bloody chapter i'm gonna scream and wail.

I see that there are many other readers as pi**ed off about the lack of completion as I am. But I'm assuming that these authors don't get paid to write these stories and from his hefty list of completed titles it seems that he's spent a lot of time geeking it up on the puter. The guy is entitled to a little life. Having said that, a little life doesnt mean leaving me hanging like a pathetic baby waiting for its bottle.

Im expecting that upon the return of his holiness, the ENTIRE story will be finished. If we just get one bloody chapter i'm gonna scream and wail.

Exactly,, nobody here are getting paid to write the stories that you can read on this site... all the authors here writes on their own free time as much as time lets them.

Thank Christ someone actually told me that ITFB was incomplete because I would have chucked my laptop across the room if i'd gotten to the end and not realised it was a work in progress.

As much as the plethora of irate posts expressing both your displeasure with the course ITFB is taking and with Dom's extended absence are pleasant to read, please remember that Dom owes you nothing and if he is not at a point in his life where writing/posting stories is a priority, then that's his prerogative.

It's a little much for you to expect that the the entire story be posted at once and, dare I say, a bit audacious. If you are incapable of waiting for Dom to update his story, then perhaps you could at least refrain from expressing how much you dislike things.

People are impatient and they want more, but I think 'pissed off' is a slight exaggeration of how other people feel.

Menzo

As much as the plethora of irate posts expressing both your displeasure with the course ITFB is taking and with Dom's extended absence are pleasant to read, please remember that Dom owes you nothing and if he is not at a point in his life where writing/posting stories is a priority, then that's his prerogative.

It's a little much for you to expect that the the entire story be posted at once and, dare I say, a bit audacious. If you are incapable of waiting for Dom to update his story, then perhaps you could at least refrain from expressing how much you dislike things.

People are impatient and they want more, but I think 'pissed off' is a slight exaggeration of how other people feel.

Menzo

Damn Menzo...you beat me to it, and you were so prim and proper. :worship: Hey Vic!! Menzo gets my vote for Bad Cop. B)

Sharon

Menzo

B) ............Damn!!!.............. :music: .....well said!!

Menzo

Well said. It's obvious that some forget that the authors have other aspects in their lives than just stories. I'm sure he'll finish the story when he's ready, but he may need time to regroup. Obviously, he was writing a lot at one point in time and needs some time to focus elsewhere.

Take a chill pill guys! It would seem that my humour is wasted here, or maybe its just because it an internet forum - it's always harder to read context into typed words. I'm actually quite a sacastic person and tend to forget that its hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic online...

Anyways, let me clarify - I'm excited about the rest of the story coming up. Just because the way things are shaping up in ITFB are actually pissing me off, doesnt mean that im not super keen to read the rest. Actually, the fact that I can be this pissed off with the characters and still desperately want to read more, speaks mountains about the actual story itself. My writing teacher always said that if you can create a character or turn of events that pisses people off so much, but not enough to make them stop reading, then you're a fantastic writer - so kudos where kudos is deserved.

This is a forum - we're supposed to get riled up, excited and create the hype. I think expressing my total impatience for the rest of the story is nothing but a compliment to Dom. In the past most people have tended to interpret my impatience for things as excitement, which is how I suppose i thought I would be interpreted here. But since you guys dont seem to roll with that, i'll try and curb that part of my personality from now on. There is nothing worse than being taken out of context.

And just so you know - the whole entire story finished thing, was me being facetious again. I realise that we're probably only gonna get chapter by chapter, and I was just expressing the pain that's going to cause within :P

Take a chill pill guys! It would seem that my humour is wasted here, or maybe its just because it an internet forum - it's always harder to read context into typed words. I'm actually quite a sacastic person and tend to forget that its hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic online...

Some of us get pretty defensive of our favourite author, so you came out of it relatively unscathed. :2thumbs: Dom's also a pretty sensitive guy, so any post that might possibly send him into seclusion for 8 months makes many of us take note.

You're right, sarcasm is tough to see online. Perhaps if it didn't appear as if all of your posts were somehow threatening said favourite author, people would realize that you were being sarcastic. But I think if you spend enough time here, people will realize that you were just showing your adoration of Dom in your own way.

This is a forum - we're supposed to get riled up, excited and create the hype.

Pish posh, we try to be prim and proper here. Rarely does anyone create hype about Dom's stories. 0:)

Welcome to the Domaholic's forum :D

Take Care®,

Vic