If you haven't already, you may be interested in reading the thread D*mn British Influence.

:lol: Thanks for the link MikeL. Well you all have certainly been missing Dom. Well to my neighbours to the south, I say keep using the Queens English if you feel that it will put a little flavour in your writing. Commonwealth spelling looks better on a page. :P .

Cheers,

MJ

Edited by magical_jen
If you haven't already, you may be interested in reading the thread D*mn British Influence.

Hmmm I'm wondering if I should now feel insulted.

Well this forum requires a little colour to it, and without causing any offence, there will be no need to come to my defence concerning my favourite topic that I like to discuss with my neighbours across the paddling pool.

I can see Sharon right now eyeing the red eye shadow brush in anticipation of correcting my grandma, scribblings and puntuation (sic).

Hmmm I'm wondering if I should now feel insulted.

Well this forum requires a little colour to it, and without causing any offence, there will be no need to come to my defence concerning my favourite topic that I like to discuss with my neighbours across the paddling pool.

I can see Sharon right now eyeing the red eye shadow brush in anticipation of correcting my grandma, scribblings and puntuation (sic).

These are a few of my favorite words. :whistle:

I'm somewhat surprised you managed that post without the word 'towards' slipping in a few times. :P

'She who welds the red pen'

I'm sure he managed it only by keeping his eyes towards the goal at hand ;)

LOL, J/K adding that "s" drives me crazy as well! Especially when people say "anyways". :wacko:

In other news I've been having to resist the "s" vs "z" thing, especially where "criticize/criticise" is concerned...but of course I knew that I surely would be if I did that :boy: *looks suspiciously at Sharon*

I'm sure he managed it only by keeping his eyes towards the goal at hand ;)

Onwards and upwards we go towards that labour of love that magasines publish polemics on.

LOL, J/K adding that "s" drives me crazy as well! Especially when people say "anyways". :wacko:

I abhor the Australian use of 'youse', but strangely enough, if it is someone from Ireland, I don't have a problem.

In other news I've been having to resist the "s" vs "z" thing, especially where "criticize/criticise" is concerned...but of course I knew that I surely would be if I did that :boy: *looks suspiciously at Sharon*

Damn, you just spoilt (spoiled?) my fun.

Dear Miss HB Pencil,

I would like your advice on whether I should advise people on the correct pronounciation of brown trousers. All self respecting peeps know it should be uttered as brine trysers.

Yours most efficasiously,

A. Wordsmith

I wonder how we'd be if the 'great vowel shift' had never happened. In fact it must have been extremely disconcerting to go to bed on a Friday night (oops), wake up on Monday morning and find ones vowel had shifted.

Hmmm 'welds' or 'wields'? :P

Edited by bodgy
Damn, you just spoilt (spoiled?) my fun.

Hmmm 'welds' or 'wields'? :P

First thing, *pulls out editors hat and puts authors hat aside* it's spoiled unless you want to come off snobish.

And it's wields. Welds means something entirerly different. *puts aside editors hat* *puts on dom fan hat*

Now, back to the subject. Where's Dom? And is he okay? That is my questions. We miss him.

First thing, *pulls out editors hat and puts authors hat aside* it's spoiled unless you want to come off snobish.

And it's wields. Welds means something entirerly different. *puts aside editors hat* *puts on dom fan hat*

Now, back to the subject. Where's Dom? And is he okay? That is my questions. We miss him.

I miss Dom too. I can understand taking time away from writing, but it would be nice to know how he is. I'm sure others feel the same way I do. :(

Sweetie, bodgy's not snobish...just British. I can see how you would confuse the two. :rolleyes:

Newbies...got to love them, not allowed to scare them. ^_^

Sharon (who thinks they really need to adjust that rule)

Sweetie, bodgy's not snobish...just British. I can see how you would confuse the two. :rolleyes:

Moi? Snobbish? Au contraire mon ami etranger . :P

Dons plus-fours, deerstalker hat, meersham pipe, sticks nose in air,plum (3 off) in mithe, treads on pleb in street on way to purchasing a spot of hot water infused with a soupcon of Camellia Sinensis. (My apologies for nicking a line from Ren

Edited by bodgy

Sad to say, :( but it looks like Dom is another of the good young writers who just fade away. I doubt he would do it intentionaly...s--t just happens..and he is young....hopefully in love and having a great time.

Sigh..... :( we will have to find some other great author

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I miss Dom's stories I hope he starts writing again soon. Were is he a life guard at?

Andy

I think he's actually a roofer or in some other construction trade...reportedly in the Denver area. He used to release chapters more frequently in the winter months when his "day job" slacked off.

Sadly, I think we may have lost Dom. He was so consistent and dependable in his writing. Something more important and/or time-consuming has taken him away.

Dons plus-fours, deerstalker hat, meersham pipe, sticks nose in air,plum (3 off) in mithe, treads on pleb in street on way to purchasing a spot of hot water infused with a soupcon of Camellia Sinensis.

I have absolutly No Idea what was said here. And, for some reason, I feel as if I should be grateful.

I miss Dom! I havent been on here in a while cause my new obsession, "Gaiaonline" has taken up most of my free time. I would most definatly rather be reading a new chappy.

Hmmm... no one seemed to like my idea of sending Dom a dollar as "incentive" to give us a new chapter.

Edited by Kanaye
I have absolutly No Idea what was said here. And, for some reason, I feel as if I should be grateful.

Well we can't have that possum :P

To help you feel ungrateful, let me elucidate.

Dons plus-fours : Puts on a type of trousers that all British upper class twits allegedly wear.

deerstalker hat : A type of hat that has flaps that fall down and keep the ears warm - often warn by the above.

meersham pipe: A pipe for smoking that looks a little like a crotchet gone wrong - Sherlock Holmes is often depicted smoking one. Again supposedly used by the above type personages.

sticks nose in air: The mark of an upper class twit.

plum (3 off) in mithe: Mithe - posh way of saying MOUTH, plums help to pronInce trysers and bryne in the fashion that one edufemucated people do.

A pleb : From the Latin Plebian - a worthless slave being.

A spot of hot water: Stolen from the Asterix the Gaul books that take the piss out of Englishmen and their afternoon tea breaks.

soupcon: A small amount, a dash of.

Camellia Sinensis: The biological name for Tea.

See you feel so much more ungrateful now. :wizard:

Did you know that 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 123,45,678,987,654,321?

How many numbers do you have to count through before finding the first one that has an 'A' in it?

How many numbers do you have to count through before finding the first one that has an 'A' in it?

8...spelled "Ate". :P

I think the number you are looking for is 1,000 (one thousand).

Edited by MikeL