Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Runoff poll for a name!

Runoff poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What should the name be for fans of the stories?

• Capricans
    • The Herd

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
B) ........Ah yes Graeme, stubborn Aussie!! :D

Stubborn? I prefer tenacious and entrepreneurial... with just enough underhanded sneakiness to get his own way (sometimes). :D

The vote is not even close and the Capricans are whining and doing the sour grapes thing. :thumbdown:

The matter was put to a vote and there is a clear winner. The Herd wins. We have a name. :2thumbs:

It's time to get on with growing the Herd. :great:

Conner

Founding Member

The Herd

P.S. Everyone who voted is a founding member.

• Site Administrator
The vote is not even close and the Capricans are whining and doing the sour grapes thing. :thumbdown:

Thank you for acknowledging that the Capricans exist, even if you did it in a depreciating way :P We may be outnumbered, but we're very vocal :D

Graeme

A Proud Caprican :sword:

I offered a solution a while back, to have two separate groups of supporters. The Good (the Capricans) and the Bad and Ugly (the Herd). From all that's been posted in this thread, it seems my analysis is quite accurate, so we may move on and grow BOTH groups of supporters.

I offered a solution a while back, to have two separate groups of supporters. The Good (the Capricans) and the Bad and Ugly (the Herd). From all that's been posted in this thread, it seems my analysis is quite accurate, so we may move on and grow BOTH groups of supporters.

As we have two dedicated groups, this sound like an ideal solution to me, too. :)

• Site Administrator
As we have two dedicated groups, this sound like an ideal solution to me, too. :)

Since you've stated you prefer Caprican, does that mean we have you on our side? It's always good to have an Admin on your side before you go to war... :sword: :mace: 0:)

• Site Moderator

The matter was put to a vote and there is a clear winner. The Herd wins. We have a name. :2thumbs:

It's time to get on with growing the Herd. :great:

Conner

Founding Member

The Herd

P.S. Everyone who voted is a founding member.

I agree, there was a vote and we have a clear winner, the Herd.

Thank you for acknowledging that the Capricans exist, even if you did it in a depreciating way :P We may be outnumbered, but we're very vocal :D

Graeme

A Proud Caprican :sword:

Personally, I've never thought that the Capricans didn't exist.

I was hoping we could settle on one group, after a clear winner. To me, we would be coping another author that had multiple groups, srites/lrites. Do we really want to do that?

Jan

I was hoping we could settle on one group, after a clear winner. To me, we would be coping another author that had multiple groups, srites/lrites. Do we really want to do that?

Jan

Yep, I agree that it would become confusing! So, why don't y'all just concede and let the Capricans rule!! :P

The BeaStKid

P.S

This poll will as it is not be over until you do so... double :P

Jan

Ahhh, but Lrites and Srites were (and still are) two factions within the domaholics, pertaining to events in one story.

Plus, that was fun!

Hrmmm, for LTMP, we could have DTSTITE's. :wub:

• Site Administrator
Hrmmm, for LTMP, we could have DTSTITE's. :wub:

I thought you had already said that was going to happen? You said in chapter 9's thread that they were going to be moving to Melbourne to live together....

I thought you had already said that was going to happen? You said in chapter 9's thread that they were going to be moving to Melbourne to live together....

That;s one possible outcome.. I can't be definite, otherwise that would be a spoiler! :P

And what about poor Vladimir; the engineer? The opposing group could be DVITE's...

And what about the EDITEs, the ETSITEs? And, of course, we can't forget the JEDITEs :P

Awww, hrmmm, well, I dunno, that could be too! Especially if Tequila is involved... :devil:

Okay, who ends up as couples at the end... Or as Graeme suggests with the last one, a trio? :o

• Site Administrator

It comes from the Domaholics forum. ITE stands for "In The End".

So, DVITE would be Dimitri, Vladimir In The End -- in other words, Dimitri and Vladimir would end up a couple by the end of the story (or eventually).

JEDITE would be Jon, Eric and Dimitri In The End -- the threesome that CJ refers to.

• Site Administrator

Okay, I didn't realize just how stubborn you Capricans can be. Sort of like that whole "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" thing.

As a member of this totally dysfunctional group :D , who will probably be arguing next on if CJ wears boxers, briefs, boxer briefs or nothing at all, may I re suggest something that appeared earlier in the thread.

Shall we go with The Herd of Capricans?

Now notice that I did put Herd first, as they did actually garner more votes than the Capricans.

Maybe with one less forum going, we can concentrate on all the other polls going on :lol: .

Steve

Edit to Add: As a gesture of goodwill, I have even reluctantly changed the signature.

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator
Okay, I didn't realize just how stubborn you Capricans can be. Sort of like that whole "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" thing.

As a member of this totally dysfunctional group :D , who will probably be arguing next on if CJ wears boxers, briefs, boxer briefs or nothing at all, may I re suggest something that appeared earlier in the thread.

Shall we go with The Herd of Capricans?

Now notice that I did put Herd first, as they did actually garner more votes than the Capricans.

Maybe with one less forum going, we can concentrate on all the other polls going on :lol: .

Steve

Edit to Add: As a gesture of goodwill, I have even reluctantly changed the signature.

I have no problem with the collective term for Capricans being "Herd".

And I have to say thank you for changing your signature. It shows how nice some of The Herd can be. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..