[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings Ch 2: Eating Crow

B) .....I too noticed the onimous end to that chapter, perhaps he was just reflecting his thoughts while the apartment was being occupied or perhaps a rooftop was the closest thing in the city to a cliff.

Ahha! I think you have it... He was clearly depressed, and ok, the apartment was occupied, but he went to the ROOF!?!? That's definitly ominous, and definite forshadowing of something dark and evil. And I think you have it; the roof was the closest thing to a cliff, and we know Shadowgod loves those.

I thought the thoughts of being able to fly were decidedly ominous...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trust our goat to see a cliff in everything he reads....!!!

My version- Trust our goat to add a cliff in everything he writes. But that's something not to be discussed here. :P

I would just add that till now Shadowgod has been very gentle with me and kept me well away from cliffs. Sweet Shadowgod or simply Sugargod.

Wacko Ieshwar :wacko:

trust our goat to see a cliff in everything he reads....!!!

Ahhhem! Check back a couple of posts up the thread; it was Benji who made the cliff observation. :P

BTW, did anyone notice the Har-Megiddo reference? Did anyone beside me get what it means? (and yes, Shadowgod was being evil, AGAIN!)

Ahhhem! Check back a couple of posts up the thread; it was Benji who made the cliff observation. :P

BTW, did anyone notice the Har-Megiddo reference? Did anyone beside me get what it means? (and yes, Shadowgod was being evil, AGAIN!)

He merely pointed it out...you were the one who made the BIG announcement that yes, it is a cliffhanger!! :P

And about the other thing... don't know what you're talking about, never heard of Har-Megiddo... :blink:

He merely pointed it out...you were the one who made the BIG announcement that yes, it is a cliffhanger!! :P

And about the other thing... don't know what you're talking about, never heard of Har-Megiddo... :blink:

B) .......I was only offering a reason why he was on the rooftop, I never said cliffhanger!

Ok, one thing is puzzling me; why exactly is Cody up on a roof at the end of a chapter? That's really odd... He must have a reason?

Is that a normal thing for a city dweller to do?

Yes, indeed. Going on the roof is all part of the city life. As coming close to cliffs is part of the life of country goats. Isn't this forum wonderful to enlighten each other about alternative lifestyles?

Har-Megiddo is the Hebrew name for the ancient city of Meggido, and literally means "hill of Meggido" and it's ruins sit in the Jezreel valley in Israel. However, Har-Megiddo has become corrupted due to translation to English. In English, it is called Armageddon. In the beliefs of some, it is where the armies shal gather prior to the final battle between good and the shadowy forces of darkness.

Yes, indeed. Going on the roof is all part of the city life. As coming close to cliffs is part of the life of country goats. Isn't this forum wonderful to enlighten each other about alternative lifestyles?

Yes indeed! but you should know that a goat would never have anything to do with a cliff.

• 2 weeks later...
Har-Megiddo is the Hebrew name for the ancient city of Meggido, and literally means "hill of Meggido" and it's ruins sit in the Jezreel valley in Israel. However, Har-Megiddo has become corrupted due to translation to English. In English, it is called Armageddon. In the beliefs of some, it is where the armies shal gather prior to the final battle between good and the shadowy forces of darkness.

Yes indeed! but you should know that a goat would never have anything to do with a cliff.

I'm beginning to think our dear goat is the resident spin doctor. :wacko: The english discombobulation of Har-Magiddo is Armaggeddon, not the translation. :P And it isnt the "shadowy forces of darkness" but rather the final battle between the Rightous and the Antichrist, as told in the Book of Revelations. however, most bible scholars believe this isn't a happening that is yet to come, mearly a highly fictionalized trial of Nero.

Working on 3 ( yes still :/ there was finals and essays due, and the start of new classes and hectic really) I have a solid line of narration for it running through my head all I have to do is commit it to a .doc file. We might even run into a old friend. <g>

I'm beginning to think our dear goat is the resident spin doctor. :wacko: The english discombobulation of Har-Magiddo is Armaggeddon, not the translation. :P And it isnt the "shadowy forces of darkness" but rather the final battle between the Rightous and the Antichrist, as told in the Book of Revelations. however, most bible scholars believe this isn't a happening that is yet to come, mearly a highly fictionalized trial of Nero.

Working on 3 ( yes still :/ there was finals and essays due, and the start of new classes and hectic really) I have a solid line of narration for it running through my head all I have to do is commit it to a .doc file. We might even run into a old friend. <g>

That sounds interesting. I look forward to it.

OK, my bad on translation vs. discombobulation, but on the rest, I stand by my facts!

The forces of drakness are lead by the anti-christ, also known by many other names; the Mephisophales, lucifer, satan, the Dark Lord (lord of Darkness) lord of shadows, etc. So, referring to the antichrist as leading the shadowy forces of darkness is quite appropriate.

I'm very much looking forward to DnCW 3 too!

Old Friend, eh? Hrmmm... Give us a hint! Anyone care to guess? My guess was Jacob from LiS.

• Site Administrator
Old Friend, eh? Hrmmm... Give us a hint! Anyone care to guess? My guess was Jacob from LiS.

He only said "might", which is why I didn't start complaining about spoilers :P

If one did appear... I would more likely suspect one of the other students from Jacob and Matt's school, who are going to the same school in as Julie.

If one did appear... I would more likely suspect one of the other students from Jacob and Matt's school, who are going to the same school in as Julie.

Complain about spoilers? But you don't do that, you fill 'em full of spines!! Ouch!!

Hrmmm, well, Decon, maybe? Or, hrmmm, maybe someone from SoB? Orrrr... What if it's the UFO's from LiS?!?!?

Does Cody get abducted from the rooftop?

Hrmmm... Oh no, please tell me it's not the motorcycle from LiS!!!

OK, my bad on translation vs. discombobulation, but on the rest, I stand by my facts!

The forces of drakness are lead by the anti-christ, also known by many other names; the Mephisophales, lucifer, satan, the Dark Lord (lord of Darkness) lord of shadows, etc. So, referring to the antichrist as leading the shadowy forces of darkness is quite appropriate.

I'm very much looking forward to DnCW 3 too!

I would argue that at that time the "Forces of darkness" will not be shadowy, in fact they will be rather public. Again, it is seen by scholars as relating to the time when it was written as opposed to something that has yet to come.

perhaps, but CJ does have a point I didn't specify where we know them from, Jerry anyone?

Complain about spoilers? But you don't do that, you fill 'em full of spines!! Ouch!!

Hrmmm, well, Decon, maybe? Or, hrmmm, maybe someone from SoB? Orrrr... What if it's the UFO's from LiS?!?!?

Does Cody get abducted from the rooftop?

Hrmmm... Oh no, please tell me it's not the motorcycle from LiS!!!

:o GOOD IDEA!!!! :P

I thought you only got mad if CJ used spoilers. I suppose it must be spoilers in general then. I do think that Jacob and Matt will appear at some point, but it's too early in the story for that. I also look for the development of an antagonist at some point in time. That person (or those people) will be delightfully evil! ;)

I would argue that at that time the "Forces of darkness" will not be shadowy, in fact they will be rather public. Again, it is seen by scholars as relating to the time when it was written as opposed to something that has yet to come.

perhaps, but CJ does have a point I didn't specify where we know them from, Jerry anyone?

:o GOOD IDEA!!!! :P

Well, true, the forces of darkness would be rather public, as they would have finally emerged from the shadows. But for now, they are the shadowy forces of darkness. :P

Jerry Clump? In DnCW?!?!?! Well, that would be a surprise! Sweet guy that he is, he could surely be fun for Joe and Cody to hang out with...

And DON"T YOU DARE, that (the LiS motorcycle) was NOT an idea, more of a nightmare, really! Not even you could be so cruel??

I thought you only got mad if CJ used spoilers. I suppose it must be spoilers in general then. I do think that Jacob and Matt will appear at some point, but it's too early in the story for that. I also look for the development of an antagonist at some point in time. That person (or those people) will be delightfully evil! ;)

Shadowgod likely will have an antagonist enter the picture, IMHO. Unless he already has. He;s evil like that, you know. His antagonists are usually very, very nasty indeed. Catherine Harris comes to mind (shudder).

Or perhaps Cody is his own antagonist? His inner demons (yet another satanic reference! Baad Shadowgod!) would fit that bill all too well.

Bear in mind that Shadowgod is often unspeakably cruel to his characters. He throws all manner of trouble their way.

Poor Cody!

Hmmm, methinks we need a Cody Protection Society. CPS? Needs a better acronym though. Any ideas? Anyone?

Well, true, the forces of darkness would be rather public, as they would have finally emerged from the shadows. But for now, they are the shadowy forces of darkness. :P

Jerry Clump? In DnCW?!?!?! Well, that would be a surprise! Sweet guy that he is, he could surely be fun for Joe and Cody to hang out with...

And DON"T YOU DARE, that (the LiS motorcycle) was NOT an idea, more of a nightmare, really! Not even you could be so cruel??

Shadowgod likely will have an antagonist enter the picture, IMHO. Unless he already has. He;s evil like that, you know. His antagonists are usually very, very nasty indeed. Catherine Harris comes to mind (shudder).

Or perhaps Cody is his own antagonist? His inner demons (yet another satanic reference! Baad Shadowgod!) would fit that bill all too well.

Bear in mind that Shadowgod is often unspeakably cruel to his characters. He throws all manner of trouble their way.

Poor Cody!

Hmmm, methinks we need a Cody Protection Society. CPS? Needs a better acronym though. Any ideas? Anyone?

Thus far, nothing bad has happened to Cody so far. If something bad does happen, I'm sure you will be influencial. Perhaps the name of SPiCE should be changed to SPICEAC (And Codys). That would be a good idea, since you probably contribute something viscious and evil in beta. :P

Poor Cody!

Aww but CJ a nightmare is but a dream, and a dream is a wish the heart makes. I think you really want the bike from LiS to resurface. I will see what I can do. Only because you asked though :D

As for three? Done off to beta and editing, depending on the turn-around expect it Thursday or the Thursday of next week.

Aww but CJ a nightmare is but a dream, and a dream is a wish the heart makes. I think you really want the bike from LiS to resurface. I will see what I can do. Only because you asked though :D

As for three? Done off to beta and editing, depending on the turn-around expect it Thursday or the Thursday of next week.

We are definitely glad to hear that. I'll have to read the first two chapters again though. It's been a while. :P

We are definitely glad to hear that. I'll have to read the first two chapters again though. It's been a while. :P

It has :( I agree, however chapters should be easier now that I have a problem sorted out, and I am on somewhat of a deadline for them :)

Hrmm what can I say about three..

Its got words, several in fact. Cody and Joe are in it, as well as that old friend I promised, and maybe a few other surprises as well.

what else...

Ahh yes, the Chapter Ttitle: Spreading Wings

It has :( I agree, however chapters should be easier now that I have a problem sorted out, and I am on somewhat of a deadline for them :)

Hrmm what can I say about three..

Its got words, several in fact. Cody and Joe are in it, as well as that old friend I promised, and maybe a few other surprises as well.

what else...

Ahh yes, the Chapter Ttitle: Spreading Wings

B) ........Not that I mind, but I also will have to re-read the chapters!! :P