AFriendlyFace

Do you plan to have kids?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to have kids?

• Oh yes, definitely!
    • No way!
    • Yes, but only if my significant other pushes for it
    • I'm really undecided
  2. 2. How would you go about having the kids?

• I'd have them with someone of the opposite sex (non-surrogate)
    • I'd get a surrogate mother/sperm donor
    • I'd adopt
    • I'd look into that genetic procedure being discussed in the lounge
    • I'd wait until someone left a stroller unattended

Those are the kind that I use for football practice... they're the football.

At least you do not want to give them swirlies. tongue.gif Then again, I don't like stupid people in general.

LMAO

Will you guys marry me? We could play football with the neighborhood runts or something.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
Those are the kind that I use for football practice... they're the football.

As long as you don't mind their dad's using you as a punching bag. :P After, one must work on one's fitness when one gets a chance... 0:)

LMAO

Will you guys marry me? We could play football with the neighborhood runts or something.

It is not even legal to marry one yet. You must be a greedy one. <giggles>

Oh ya, I totally agree, caring for a kid, knowing that they depend on you, to help them becoming great grown up is the best gift you can have

It is never an easy task, but raising children is one of the greatest things we do as a species. I want to have children more and more as time goes on. It's a need, not a want for me. :D

First, I'd like to say I think the second part of the poll should allow you to select multiple options, because I'd consider multiple options.

I have a female friend who has offered to bare my children for me, if I agreed to let her help raise the child and to share parental rights.

There's also something going on right now where straight couples where the woman is infertile have been renting the wombs of women in India. I would be willing to look into something similar.

I'd also consider agreeing to something of a genetic exchange with a lesbian couple... my self and my partner impregnating each of them twice, each couple getting two kids.

I'd also consider adoption.

I'd also consider being a foster parent.

Basically, I'm serious about wanting to raise a child, and I would pursue any (legal) means of being able to raise a child.

First, I'd like to say I think the second part of the poll should allow you to select multiple options, because I'd consider multiple options.

I have a female friend who has offered to bare my children for me, if I agreed to let her help raise the child and to share parental rights.

There's also something going on right now where straight couples where the woman is infertile have been renting the wombs of women in India. I would be willing to look into something similar.

I'd also consider agreeing to something of a genetic exchange with a lesbian couple... my self and my partner impregnating each of them twice, each couple getting two kids.

I'd also consider adoption.

I'd also consider being a foster parent.

Basically, I'm serious about wanting to raise a child, and I would pursue any (legal) means of being able to raise a child.

B) ...............My hat's off to you, :boy: I didn't consider it until I was in my 30's.

I am quite serious about having children as well. There are so many options, and it looks like a new one will be available in the near future. I hope you find the right solution. I know you'd make a great dad. :)

B) ...............My hat's off to you, :boy: I didn't consider it until I was in my 30's.

I really want a kid,, that's something I'd be sad not to have,, that's for sure. Maybe it's for a wrong reason, but I want to have one to care for, to be there for him.

I wouldn't mind to have one right now,,, but I just know that until I have a permanent job,, it's plain unwise, :P In the meantime well I'll just have to wait for a nephew from my sis. She did say end of 2008 early 2009 :P:D

God no....I meant cat. Cat's are warm and fuzzy and cars are large, metal and make me feel like straight when I talk about them (no offense Robbie dear.)

Menzo (who loves his cats, but not his cars)

Haha. I'm more inclined to buy a new car than to get a cat. Don't really like cats. ^_^

And yes, absolutely do I want kids. Lots of kids. Maybe like four. Or five. They're just so adorable. Sure, they can be a pain in the rear, and I would know. Being the oldest of six kids, I had to deal with quite a lot of butt pains. But, in the end, they're nice to have around.

I would like to have a surrogate mother. But would place adoption before that. For the first kid though, I'd like to adopt a baby. But as my family grows, I would like to adopt older children who no longer have families. I went to an orphanage once and it just really brought me down watching those kids and realizing that they didn't have families. :mellow:

Ideally, I would have a partner by the time I'm ready. I didn't realize that you could adopt kids when you're single. I always thought that children could only be adopted by stable couples. Regardless of my relationship status, I'd want kids. :)

And yes, absolutely do I want kids. Lots of kids. Maybe like four. Or five. They're just so adorable. Sure, they can be a pain in the rear, and I would know. Being the oldest of six kids, I had to deal with quite a lot of butt pains. But, in the end, they're nice to have around.

Congrats to all people who are ready to rise kids, whatever the method you will chose :worship:

I had the "chance" to be bi, married with 4 children, 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. My first son is born 1952, I was 23, and I had to learn hard how to be a good father ! B) .To rise 4 kids was a lot of worries and a lot of pleasures. I wasn't home as much as I should have been (travel, business, military services, politics, friends...) and was fortunate to have a wife who had more than myself the responsibility of the wellbeing of the kids. Our goal was 5, but unfortunately the health of my wife obliged us to stop at 4 ! :( .

The most important is to know in advance that you have to be here for your kids and not the kids for you.

Rising a kid means to let him be what he/she wants to be, advise him/her and help him/her when he/she asks, and in no case impose your will. Think seriously of it, it's not so easy :unsure: .

And still a very important advise to future fathers and mothers : you should talk a lot with them, but always first listen to them. Be always so open that they know they can come to you with any questions or problems and that you will always be ready to listen, and give them enough of your time. It may be sometimes a sacrifice, but it is worthwhile. I'm talking from experience, even if sometimes I didn't fulfill my duty as a responsible father as I should have, but I'm happy that my kids recognize me today as an "acceptable" father :D .

old bob

Congrats to all people who are ready to rise kids, whatever the method you will chose :worship:

I had the "chance" to be bi, married with 4 children, 6 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. My first son is born 1952, I was 23, and I had to learn hard how to be a good father ! B) .To rise 4 kids was a lot of worries and a lot of pleasures. I wasn't home as much as I should have been (travel, business, military services, politics, friends...) and was fortunate to have a wife who had more than myself the responsibility of the wellbeing of the kids. Our goal was 5, but unfortunately the health of my wife obliged us to stop at 4 ! :( .

The most important is to know in advance that you have to be here for your kids and not the kids for you.

Rising a kid means to let him be what he/she wants to be, advise him/her and help him/her when he/she asks, and in no case impose your will. Think seriously of it, it's not so easy :unsure: .

And still a very important advise to future fathers and mothers : you should talk a lot with them, but always first listen to them. Be always so open that they know they can come to you with any questions or problems and that you will always be ready to listen, and give them enough of your time. It may be sometimes a sacrifice, but it is worthwhile. I'm talking from experience, even if sometimes I didn't fulfill my duty as a responsible father as I should have, but I'm happy that my kids recognize me today as an "acceptable" father :D .

old bob

That's excellent advice, Old Bob! :worship:

One of the biggest difficulties that I had in coming to terms/accepting being gay was that you generally don't get to have kids. I wanted kids but that's just not happening. It's something that I felt that I would have to just forget about.

In my state gay adoption is prohibited by law. In others, you will find various barriers that will hinder your efforts. Unless you are rich and can afford a fleet of lawyers, it's probably best to forget about it and get a cat.

Very wisely said!! That's so true and some people forgets about that.

it's probably best to forget about it and get a cat.

That's too clich

\

In my state gay adoption is prohibited by law. In others, you will find various barriers that will hinder your efforts. Unless you are rich and can afford a fleet of lawyers, it's probably best to forget about it and get a cat.

All I can say is that that really sucks.

I don't know how easy it is to do this surrogate mother thing. There seems to be a whole ton of legal trouble. Wasn't it in the news lately that some guy was slapped with child support even though he was only a surrogate father? Maybe that was a special case. Also, I don't think there's a whole battalion of women waiting to give birth to other peoples' babies.

I am afraid of not being able to connect to adopted kids. When I'm with my brothers, I can see so many pieces of myself in them, and that holds us together even when we can't stand each other. It would be awful if I couldn't make a connection with the child I was raising. But maybe that's an irrational fear. One that apparently the Jolies and Madonnas of this world don't have. But I bet they could just hire nannies if one kid didn't "work out."

we're getting a husky or a golden retriever for your info :P unless you want to settle for my seeing dog :)

:P well I sure hope that the dog will be seeing, :P

All I can say is that that really sucks.

I don't know how easy it is to do this surrogate mother thing. There seems to be a whole ton of legal trouble. Wasn't it in the news lately that some guy was slapped with child support even though he was only a surrogate father? Maybe that was a special case. Also, I don't think there's a whole battalion of women waiting to give birth to other peoples' babies.

I am afraid of not being able to connect to adopted kids. When I'm with my brothers, I can see so many pieces of myself in them, and that holds us together even when we can't stand each other. It would be awful if I couldn't make a connection with the child I was raising. But maybe that's an irrational fear. One that apparently the Jolies and Madonnas of this world don't have. But I bet they could just hire nannies if one kid didn't "work out."

I do remember the case that you're talking about,, and I also think that there was a thread made about that one a while back.

A friend of my family had to adopted 2 of their 3 kids. They never really had problems to connect with them,, they're still young when you "get" them, so you raise them, you've been protecting them,, it all becomes natural. The only harder part might be the moment when they ask about the adoption...

There were a lot of special circumstances, if I recall correctly he had regular contact with the child.

Edited by Tarin

• 1 year later...
One of the biggest difficulties that I had in coming to terms/accepting being gay was that you generally don't get to have kids. I wanted kids but that's just not happening. It's something that I felt that I would have to just forget about.

While gay adoption may be prohibited by law, there are exceptions to every rule. The state's goal is to place children in homes where, "the best interests of the child are being met, for their mental and physical safety and upbringing." therefore it can be argued that their restriction is contrary to their goals in such cases. Given your location in the Bible Belt, most gay teens awaiting adoption will grow up "in the system", since no Bible thumping family will adopt a gay identifying teen, resulting in a poor record of adoptions for the state.