[Shadowgod] Dreams & Clipped Wings 4 : Halcyon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly enjoyed the chapter. Oh, I think there's love in the air. It's so sweet. I think Cody and Joe are perfect for each other, at least after Cody gets his s**t together. <_< Oh, I am glad Cody is finally getting down to business in therapy. He really needs to clean out his closet. I also had to pull a quote, because I love it!

Wiping his hands on his apron, Cody disappeared through a doorway and into the main sales area of The Old Goat.
:lmao:

Steve does it again!

making a wonderful story, with all these questions, mixed feelings, leaving us hanging wanting more....

GOD DANMM YOU!

Yet I still love you for your wonderful storytelling tactics ugh!

So in this chapter, we see a different side of Joe. We see his feelings for, Cody. Despite not knowing Cody too long, or well as it seems Joe still feels some sort of connection, and he worries for Cody when he doesn't return home after a while. I have a good feeling Joe knows exactly who it was that he held in his bed that night. I'm wondering why it didn't seem to faze him at all, or if he'll act on those feelings, or not. But I'm sure Steve will answer all those questions in the coming chapters.

Saul is a very interesting character all on his own. He cares for Cody as we'll but his ways for showing it are very different and old fashion I may say.

All in all another great chapter Steve. I'm looking forward to chapter 5 =D

-Mike

What do I say, Steve (Shadowy one... :P )? Every time I think of words to praise your writing, I fall short...as I can't find the right word to describe what I am feeling.

This chapter was well worth the wait. It had so much in it. The dilemma that both Joe and Cody are facing...the distress that Cody's bitch of a mother caused him...the result of that distress...Cody's loneliness...his desire for company..even if it is in the form of a drunk hot guy... ;)

I loved it all... :worship:

Thanks for giving us this wonderful chapter..

BeaStKid

This was quite a chapter... We learned a LOT.

For one thing, Joe clearly DOES have non-platonic feelings for Cody. That means that Cody + Joe is at least possible. :2thumbs:

Cody's interest in Joe is also clear. I couldn't help but notice, in spite of the letter and everything, that Saul noticed how happy Cody was. For Cody to be happy, that's a good thing. And what made Cody happy? Joe.

Also, I have a hunch that if anyone other than Joe had been found with THE letter, Cody would have had their head.

I was relieved that Joe was not in a state of denial once sober, and also that he remembered sleeping next to Cody.

Hrmmm, one thing here. Cody has feelings for Joe, and Visa Versa. Yet, neither one knows that it's mutual. Is that a devilish predicament or what? The still don't know, and who knows what will happen in the meantime? What if Cody goes after some other guy before figuring it out? How would Joe instinctively react??

I think Chapter 5 will have some very unexpected twists.

• Site Administrator

Wow, what a great chapter Steve :worship: .

It was neat to see Joe, with the help of a beer or seven, realize to himself that though Cody is very mixed up, he really wants to hold him and make everything better (IMHO). Joe realizes that things are on the down slide with Julia, and doesn't really seem too concerned about it. I wonder how much of Joe's feelings are just that, Cody needs him and he would be willing to do anything to show that. But is that to be confused with wanting to 'be' with Cody.

My heart does go out to Cody though. It seems to be every time he is feeling good about something, which he did on a few occasions this time, something is right there to remind him that he shouldn't feel good. His thoughts of possibly getting the unreachable, Joe, came crashing down when he saw the letter on Joe's dresser.

What I think really showed how much hurt, how insecure, how lonely Cody is was summed up in his last statement:

"Can't you talk to your friends?" Dr. Jimenez asked as his brow furrowed in confusion.

"About football, yeah, the weather, sure," Cody answered. "Even girls, just

Ok, that was a "feelings" chapter. :wub:

It made me want to belt out Barbra Striesand's "People". :o OMG, was that gay??

I most certainly want the Cody-Joe thing to heat up. :wub: The only thing that worries me is Joe's apparent need to fix Cody. That's my sense of it. That's never a way to start a relationship.

I also enjoyed the interaction between Cody and Saul. :D

Great chapter, Steve! :worship:

Conner

Ok, that was a "feelings" chapter. :wub:

It made me want to belt out Barbra Striesand's "People". :oOMG, was that gay??

I most certainly want the Cody-Joe thing to heat up. :wub: The only thing that worries me is Joe's apparent need to fix Cody. That's my sense of it. That's never a way to start a relationship.

I also enjoyed the interaction between Cody and Saul. :D

Great chapter, Steve! :worship:

Conner

Maybe just a little. On a side note, I hate Barbara Streisand. [insert puke smiley] We'll have to wait and see what happens between the two. As I pointed out, there is a slight tendency to misdirect. Just as his title says, "The shadow knows..." :ph34r:

Edit: That's what it used to say.

Edited by TL The Writing Tiger
Maybe just a little. On a side note, I hate Barbara Streisand. [insert puke smiley] We'll have to wait and see what happens between the two. As I pointed out, there is a slight tendency to misdirect. Just as his title says, "The shadow knows..." :ph34r:

:unsure: what title?

But speaking of chapter titles, I'm surprised no one has question Halcyon... I know a few of you are out there are nautically inclined, strangest of all a certain goat.

LOL too fast Tiger Too fast!!!

:unsure: what title?

But speaking of chapter titles, I'm surprised no one has question Halcyon... I know a few of you are out there are nautically inclined, strangest of all a certain goat.

LOL too fast Tiger Too fast!!!

You must have ditched the title. Oh well! Anyway, I think I know what the title is all about.

The phrase Halcyon days is a literary commonplace in English language and culture, signifying ideals of prosperity, bonhomie, joy, liberation, or tranquillity.

Who says Wikipedia never has anything useful? I most certainly won't say that. That must be foreshadowing of something delightful. The question is, "What horrors shall it take to get to that point?"

• Site Administrator

Actually I was waiting for someone else to post, so I could bring up the chapter title. I didn't want to double post as I might be accused of being a post whore ;) .

I actually searched out multiple definitions of Halcyon, but the most interesting was Wiki under there medical definitions. Under that section, it brought up the brand name drug Halcion, which is used to treat insomnia. With Cody's shrink offering 'pills', I was wondering if Shadowgod was referring to that. I just don't really see a functioning human being working on 3 hours or less sleep a day.

So care to enlighten us on the title Steve?

Steve B)

Maybe just a little. On a side note, I hate Barbara Streisand. [insert puke smiley] We'll have to wait and see what happens between the two. As I pointed out, there is a slight tendency to misdirect. Just as his title says, "The Shadow knows". :ph34r:

<_< .......His "Shadowyness" has written another great chapter (I hate Barbara Streisand also). Well I might have guessed wrong about Joe, with his girl friend out of the picture he is now hypnotized by Codys eyes? Or is that just the beer talking? (What happened to the title "The Shadow knows...?) I'm with Cody on the pills, but I think he is wasting his time with the doctor, or is this gonna be painfully slow!! Looking forward to the next installment of "Dreams & Cliiffed Wings"

<_< .......His "Shadowyness" has written another great chapter (I hate Barbara Streisand also). Well I might have guessed wrong about Joe, with his girl friend out of the picture he is now hypnotized by Codys eyes? Or is that just the beer talking? (What happened to the title "The Shadow knows...?) I'm with Cody on the pills, but I think he is wasting his time with the doctor, or is this gonna be painfully slow!! Looking forward to the next installment of "Dreams & Cliiffed Wings"

I think he's going to torture us with the Cody/Joe angle for a while. This is Shadowgod we're talking about. :P

I'm amazed no one got the title, yet!

OK, here's what I said to His Shadowyness when I saw the title, ....

Halcyon days. Which is exactly what happened between Cody and Joe. :-) It's also a type of bird as I recall. A cliffdwelling bird, if I remember right, so very appropriate for your avian and teetering-on-the-malevolent-precipice theme. It's also sometimes used as a "calm before the storm" synonym, very appropriate. (I sense Eeeevil approaching).

The bird, incidentally, does indeed nest in cliffs; its a type of Kingfisher.

His Shadowyness has a knack for giving multiple meaning to things. I think all of the above apply, including the calm before the storm aspect, and of course, the cliff-dwelling bird.

I have a hunch that things are going to change in the next chapter, somehow. Perhaps Cody will become more secure. Or are we heading for a collision of cosmic proportions here? Only The Shadow knows... :ph34r:

I'm amazed no one got the title, yet!

OK, here's what I said to His Shadowyness when I saw the title, ....

The bird, incidentally, does indeed nest in cliffs; its a type of Kingfisher.

His Shadowyness has a knack for giving multiple meaning to things. I think all of the above apply, including the calm before the storm aspect, and of course, the cliff-dwelling bird.

I have a hunch that things are going to change in the next chapter, somehow. Perhaps Cody will become more secure. Or are we heading for a collision of cosmic proportions here? Only The Shadow knows... :ph34r:

B) ........Thanks CJ, for pointing out the double-meaning title his Shadowyness has thrown in the chapter. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop in the next chapter, it's too quiet in Shadowland.

B) ........Thanks CJ, for pointing out the double-meaning title his Shadowyness has thrown in the chapter. I'm waiting for the shoe to drop in the next chapter, it's too quiet in Shadowland.

Yes, I suspect there will be a shoe dropping. Things seem to be going very well for Cody and Joe, and anytime things go well in a story by His Shadowyness, i suspect trouble can't be far behind.

Hrmmm, well, we only have six days to wait until DnCW 5... We still don't know how Cody's letter will affect him financially in the short term. Or, hrmmm, what will happen with that pshrink. I suspect trouble, with a capital T.

So, hrmmm, we know Joe has feelings for Cody. We know Cody has feelings for Joe. Will there be a kiss in the next chapter? :wub:

Yes, I his minions... Then we arsuspect there will be a shoe dropping. Things seem to be going very well for Cody and Joe, and anytime things go well in a story by His Shadowyness, i suspect trouble can't be far behind.

Really? Last time I checked this is Shadowgod's story... Not one of CJ's MEANING!!!

No cliffy until towards the end of the story!

Unless Cj has turned Shadowgod into one of e all doomed I tell you DOOMED!!!

Really? Last time I checked this is Shadowgod's story... Not one of CJ's MEANING!!!

No cliffy until towards the end of the story!

Unless Cj has turned Shadowgod into one of e all doomed I tell you DOOMED!!!

Actually, His Shadowyness has had cliffhangers in every chapter of DnCW so far. He's evil like that, you know.

There's a reason we call it "Dreams & Cliffed Wings." 0:)

And you know I never use cliffhangers! 0:)

Hrmmm, okay, I have a new theory... I think Val will be the catalist for a world-changing event. Remember, she knows about Jacob&Cody, but I don't think she knows that this Cody is that Cody! Is Cody in dire danger of having his voice raised a few octaves?!!?!?

Also, what about Joe and Julie? Are we about to see a changing of the guard, so to speak?

Actually, His Shadowyness has had cliffhangers in every chapter of DnCW so far. He's evil like that, you know.

There's a reason we call it "Dreams & Cliffed Wings." 0:)

And you know I never use cliffhangers! 0:)

Hrmmm, okay, I have a new theory... I think Val will be the catalist for a world-changing event. Remember, she knows about Jacob&Cody, but I don't think she knows that this Cody is that Cody! Is Cody in dire danger of having his voice raised a few octaves?!!?!?

Also, what about Joe and Julie? Are we about to see a changing of the guard, so to speak?

I have a feeling we will see more of Val in this story, which really is a thrill.

To answer your question about Joe and Julie, I happen to remember somethnig Julie said in chapter 3.

Julie sighed somewhat.
I have a feeling we will see more of Val in this story, which really is a thrill.

To answer your question about Joe and Julie, I happen to remember somethnig Julie said in chapter 3.

I honestly have a feeling that Julie will break things off between Joe before anything really happens between Joe and Cody. But if not this might just be a relief to her...

Won't know more until we get chapter 5 *cough* *cough*

<3 Steve

*Glares* at CJ

-Mike

But Mike, why glare at poor, sweet, innocent me? This is Shadowgod's story, so surely he deserves the glares for his eeevil machinations?

Perhaps we could encourage His Shadowyness to give us a little clue... Like maybe the title of Chapter 5? 0:)

So, now, I think you may be right... I don't think Joe would cheat on Julie. But how long will Julie strong Joe along?

Also, what is it that's driving them apart. I think there's more to it than Julie says.

CJ :)

But Mike, why glare at poor, sweet, innocent me? This is Shadowgod's story, so surely he deserves the glares for his eeevil machinations?

Perhaps we could encourage His Shadowyness to give us a little clue... Like maybe the title of Chapter 5? 0:)

So, now, I think you may be right... I don't think Joe would cheat on Julie. But how long will Julie strong Joe along?

Also, what is it that's driving them apart. I think there's more to it than Julie says.

CJ :)

Well, that would be okay to say if not for what almost happened with an earlier chapter. ;)

Keep in mind I'm not geting into specifics here. 0:)

Well, that would be okay to say if not for what almost happened with an earlier chapter. ;)

Keep in mind I'm not geting into specifics here. 0:)

B) .....Blueberry bagel anyone? Joe had a few beers in him and that made him feel loose (Trend here, CJ + tequila and Shadowyness + beer) but I can't help in thinking that Joe and Cody are not going to get together, at least not yet this early in the story. Joe wants to help Cody and Cody needs all the help he can get.

• Site Administrator

I meant to put this in my original post, but I never knew Cody was Canadian :D .

In this exchange:

Joe
B) .....Blueberry bagel anyone? Joe had a few beers in him and that made him feel loose (Trend here, CJ + tequila and Shadowyness + beer) but I can't help in thinking that Joe and Cody are not going to get together, at least not yet this early in the story. Joe wants to help Cody and Cody needs all the help he can get.

Honestly even though Joe had a few beer's in him I think he knows what he really wants. Granted no matter what he want's he care for Cody and want's to help him, and right now that's just what Cody needs.

Honestly even though Joe had a few beer's in him I think he knows what he really wants. Granted no matter what he want's he care for Cody and want's to help him, and right now that's just what Cody needs.

Exactly Mikie! Alcohol brings out the truth. Joe wants Cody so bad. It's so cute. :wub: However, Cody does not seem to be ready. He's battling too many personal demons to count.