C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play, Chapter 42

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the

ending was to surprising of what Dimitri did

Crossing my fingers that the shadows don't get hurt later on in this fight.

B) ..............."Cold steel", see I told you Dimitri and Barney Fife would hook up :wacko: . Great chapter CJ!!,

Now I'm wondering who the Hero is going to be when Dimitri tries to kill them in

the cabin.

Edited by Benji
  • Site Moderator
B) ..............."Cold steel", see I told you Dimitri and Barney Fife would hook up :wacko: . Great chapter CJ!!, Now I'm wondering who the Hero is going to be when Dimitri tries to kill them in the cabin.

Great chapter CJ. I've got a funny feeling that Joe may recognize Dimitri. He may have seen him and Jerry together once when he was younger. And it was nice to see that Dimitri got to have some fun finally.

I really liked this chapter. I even am starting to like Helen again. I loved how she told off the sheriff. :lmao:

Anyway, Dimitri is unfortunately still among the living. I should not be surprised, because he must have his last hoorah. He's not trying to pose as one of the cops. Oh no! This means someone is more likely to die.

Drew, get the spit ready. I have a feeling we will need it next week. :evil:

Edited by Tiger

This is going to be fun, but Dimitri

you are an idiot, one of the kids will remember you from the little trip in Australia; either your years of KGB training have failed you or you could not remember showing them your face. They are also armed to the teeth with guns in the house and two deputies inside and a military officer, who i bet you have been trained with some close combat fighting. You deserve to die rather horribly and under extreme torture for making such a big mistake. This is a suicide mission.

One of your best chapters to date CJ. And that's saying a lot!

One thing that really popped out at me was how unprofessional Mario was by letting some of Gunter's blood remain on his body or clothes. Even without the blood at the airport poor Gunter would have been identified, but this made it all the more certain and positive. I guess Scar isn't surrounded by the brightest bunch of guys in the world. Which makes me wonder how badly Dimitri is going to screw up next.

Thank you, you old goat you. You've been saved from the spit for this week. We'll see about next week!

ADDED: Amen to that W.L. I wish we could take bets on how Dimitri will meet his fate and if he'll manage to punch in one of those codes before he dies.

Edited by GaryInMiami
One thing that really popped out at me was how unprofessional Mario was by letting some of Gunter's blood remain on his body or clothes. Even without the blood at the airport poor Gunter would have been identified, but this made it all the more certain and positive. I guess Scar isn't surrounded by the brightest bunch of guys in the world. Which makes me wonder how badly Dimitri is going to screw up next.

I think that the blood was found on Gunter.

The DNA from the body you brought in from Colorado matches some found on the body of the band
I think that the blood was found on Gunter.

You're right. It's my lysdexia acting up again. embarrassed.gif

Though I'm not sure how any of Mario's blood would actually get on Gunter. Anyways, great chapter CJ!

That's what I meant to say. Yeah, right. tomatoes.gif

ADDED: I'm not sure any blood would have to get on G

Edited by GaryInMiami

Another great chapter, CJ. It was inevitable that Dimitri and Barney would meet up.

Barney loses

. I still find it hard to believe that Dimitri won't give up his quest to kill Instinct. It serves no purpose in the Scar's scheme and puts him in considerable danger.

He
  • Site Administrator

Well, a few more names to add to the indictment. I guess CJ wasn't happy with the lack of bodies from the last chapter :P

I have to agree that Dimitri has had a memory lapse to the fact that the guys and Helen have seen him before. This was the text from back in chapter 23:

Everyone turned at the sound of crunching gravel, as Dimitri drove the very dusty Land Rover toward the cottages. He came to a stop beside the assembled group and clambered out. Jerry turned to say to Helen, "I really must be off, we are running late. Please forgive our haste, my dear, there isn't even time for introductions."

Jerry rushed over to the scooter while Dimitri swung the Rover's cargo door open. Together, the two of them, and Jon, who had rushed forward to help, heaved the scooter into the back of the Land Rover, setting it on its wheels with the brake on. Jon began to slam the door when Dimitri noticed that one of the scooter's handles would be hit, which prompted Dimitri to say, "Wait! It will not fit that way," in his thick Russian accent. With the scooter safely in place, Dimitri slammed the door and with a friendly nod at Instinct and Helen, climbed back into the driver's seat.

Jon seems to have been the closest to Dimitri.

Also, won't the deputy's that are to be relieved not recognize Dimitri, and will be expecting Bowen? I wonder too why the hell the sheriff under threat of the US Airforce, the Governor of Colorado, and the head of the national guard would be stupid enough to send McClatchity out to the ranch once again :blink: .

There appears to be a lot of stupidity in Dimitri's plan.

Also, won't the deputy's that are to be relieved not recognize Dimitri, and will be expecting Bowen? I wonder too why the hell the sheriff under threat of the US Airforce, the Governor of Colorado, and the head of the national guard would be stupid enough to send McClatchity out to the ranch once again :blink: .

I used to live in Colorado. Grant to be exact. Had a ranch there. My recollection is there weren't a lot of bright politicians or police anywhere in the state. Of course that was real and this is fantasy.

I just got a plot idea, why don't Dimitri try a terrorist tactic, drive the car with high explosive directly towards the house, then he could detonate and kill everyone?

It works for Palestinians, Iraqis, and Afghans, so why not poor little Dimitri. It would be a lot easier and smarter to do that than to go in with everyone knowing who you are with guns blazing; even if you have an AK-47 and grenades. At the end, you will die either way, so why die in the most efficient military manner and take out as many as you can. The kGB was supposed to train their agents to think like that.

Silly boy. Dimitri is going to use goat propelled grenades fired at the ranch to take everyone out. The police uniform is just so he can get close enough to the house.

crazy.gif

There appears to be a lot of stupidity in Dimitri's plan.

I would like to point out though that we don't actually know what Dimitri's plan is. As Gary indicated perhaps he only means for it to get him close to the house without arousing suspicion. He might not be intending to walk right up to Helen and the guys and introduce himself as their security officer.

I would like to point out though that we don't actually know what Dimitri's plan is. As Gary indicated perhaps he only means for it to get him close to the house without arousing suspicion. He might not be intending to walk right up to Helen and the guys and introduce himself as their security officer.

B) ........If he walks up armed with an AK-47 he is definately going to arouse suspicion since that is not standard "Barney" issued weapon. The bikers are all ready leary of the cops, Dimitri would be really stupid to try this.

I see him taking out the outside cop with a cold steel and waiting til everyone is asleep, then trying to do the silent kill.

Isn't there anything said about Dimitri having to finish the job? You're playing devil's advocate, Kevin. Dimitri won't kill police officers just to go in and have a cup of coffee with Instinct. This would be a major surprise...

Isn't there anything said about Dimitri having to finish the job? You're playing devil's advocate, Kevin. Dimitri won't kill police officers just to go in and have a cup of coffee with Instinct. This would be a major surprise...

yes, Dimitri is for sure still on his killing mission. And (as CJames told us in this great chapter) he isn't aware that Instinct already told pretty much everything they know (except that there was a second attacker with Mario.... and what Joe may be able to tell..) - and that his mission doesn't serve any purpose now.

And he sure seems to enjoy killing. Mean bastard. I really hope somebody "punches his ticket" in the next chapter, before he can actually kill a band member (i don't mind too much he took out the stupid deputy ;) ) - or blast off one of the bombs (although i doubt thats something he has planned - it seems he enjoys "manual killing" much more than setting off a bomb when he can't even see the effect....).

Well, another tuesday to look forward to :-).

And he sure seems to enjoy killing. Mean bastard. I really hope somebody "punches his ticket" in the next chapter, before he can actually kill a band member (i don't mind too much he took out the stupid deputy ;) ) - or blast off one of the bombs (although i doubt thats something he has planned - it seems he enjoys "manual killing" much more than setting off a bomb when he can't even see the effect....).

Does not play nicely with others. His history probably stretches all the way back to kindergarten.

• Site Administrator
yes, Dimitri is for sure still on his killing mission. And (as CJames told us in this great chapter) he isn't aware that Instinct already told pretty much everything they know (except that there was a second attacker with Mario.... and what Joe may be able to tell..) - and that his mission doesn't serve any purpose now.

Well, another tuesday to look forward to :-).

Reading this made me think, if you were CJ, who would you sacrifice from Instinct?

I know that CJ would have to go into permanent hiding if he actually decided to off Eric. I think SPICE would actually hunt him down in a grid search of the entire state of Arizona. Probably the same if he offed either Brandon or Chase, cause he would be breaking up the relationship and that would be just wrong :angry: .

But what about Jon? Really, he seems to be the one that we know the least amount about. There really hasn't been any posts or polls or anything to protect his character. Is he expendable?

Then again, would Helen or Barbara be expendable as well? Killing one of them off would be breaking up that relationship, so I would hope everybody would react the same as the death of Brandon or Chase. Then again, Helen sacrificing herself to save her boys would be a heroic move on her part.

So what do you think?

Two things bug me about Dimitris plan, which have already been mentioned. Instinct and Helen will recognize Dimitri. The other deputies will not. Both are bad for him. I'm curious to see what the plan is. I'm thinking he may be able to get rid of the deputy guarding the door, but the bikers at the other ranch will see it and alert the other bikers guarding the house. Then comes WWIII, especially if Dimitri rushes into the house and starts stabbing anything that moves.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..