Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Sneak peek: The first four paragraphs of LTMP 44

Hi! I was just reading Kevin's comments in the 43 chapter thread, and he's right, today is Sunday! (Well, here in Arizona anyway, and no Graeme, you can't say it's Monday. :P )

OKay, in order to address the bit of tension that many seemed to perceive in the last chapter, I promised to post the first four paragraphs of 44. These are the real paragraphs, no tricks. They also complete the current scene at the house (the following paragraph takes place in Paraguay). This should also serve to dispel any claims that 43 was a cliffhanger...

I have a special dispensation from The Echidna to post these, so thank you, oh anti-spoiler Echidna, for making this possible! :worship:

So here we go; the first four paragraphs of Let The Music Play 44, El Vohzd.

The cacophonous blast from Brandon

Awful! Horrible! This as a bigger cliffhanger than Chapter 43. We would be better off without these four paragraphs.

I hope we find that Brandon or someone had a bad dream.

Surely CJ wouldn't slaughter all the heroes...all the good guys.

I liked the WildOne's ending better.

Edited by MikeL
  • Site Moderator

We don't actually know that those come from the next chapter until it's posted. I'll reserve judgment until then. In the meantime, I'll be sharping some talons.

Edited to add this 'what if'.

What if this turns out to be to be some sick perverted dream the goat is pulling on us at this point in the story? Not likely, but there is a chance.

We don't actually know that those come from the next chapter until it's posted. I'll reserve judgment until then. In the meantime, I'll be sharping some talons.

If somehow everything on GA is interrelated then technically there's nothing you can do

because Tiger killed you in DE:TP 14

• Site Moderator
If somehow everything on GA is interrelated then technically there's nothing you can do

because Tiger killed you in DE:TP 14

Actually, we don't know that for sure. Remember what happened at the beginning of the chapter?

Actually, we don't know that for sure. Remember what happened at the beginning of the chapter?

We both work on that story so of course I remember what happened at the beginning of the chapter. :P

You were only injured then. This is slightly more serious. :(

:thumbdown::angry::devil: i don't see how a single sentence counts as a paragraph. I know it didn't when i was in school. This is definately worse than the ending of the last chapter. Graeme can i borrow some of your spines to imobilize the goat till the chapter actually releases? :ph34r:
:thumbdown::angry::devil: i don't see how a single sentence counts as a paragraph. I know it didn't when i was in school. This is definately worse than the ending of the last chapter. Graeme can i borrow some of your spines to imobilize the goat till the chapter actually releases? :ph34r:

ACK!! :ph34r:

Now, now, all I can say is, read those four paragraphs closely...

BTW, these four paragraphs were originally at the end of Ch 43. This should dispel the rumor that I try for cliffhangers? :)

As for a sentence being a paragraph, that's an interesting point! I may well be wrong, by my thought was that a paragraph deals with one point or idea. In this case, I'm alternating between Brandon and Dimitri, so I had to break it as paragraphs.

BTW, 44 will post in about 24 hours...

ACK!! :ph34r:

Now, now, all I can say is, read those four paragraphs closely...

BTW, these four paragraphs were originally at the end of Ch 43. This should dispel the rumor that I try for cliffhangers? :)

As for a sentence being a paragraph, that's an interesting point! I may well be wrong, by my thought was that a paragraph deals with one point or idea. In this case, I'm alternating between Brandon and Dimitri, so I had to break it as paragraphs.

BTW, 44 will post in about 24 hours...

If im not happy with the results im leaving the spines in so you can't move and the preparations for the BBQ/Sacrafice shall commence. :ph34r:

Well, I think we can count this as yet another evil cliffhanger, CJ. You truly are the King of Evil Cliffhangers. However, you have been exceedingly cruel to Eric and, as a member of SPiCE, I have created that infamous poll and have written the scenario, for such cruelty cannot go unpunished. :evil:

Huh? Dispel a rumor? What rumor? You get two cliffhangers out of one chapter by posting the last four paragraphs separately and then claim there are no cliffhangers?

Definition of "cliffhanger" per Wiktionary:

An ending or stopping point calculated to leave a story unresolved, to create suspense

Stephen King's novel The Waste Lands ended in a terrible cliffhanger.

What have you resolved?

Huh? Dispel a rumor? What rumor? You get two cliffhangers out of one chapter by posting the last four paragraphs separately and then claim there are no cliffhangers?

What have you resolved?

He's resolved to get his bony butt roasted! I'm willing to bet the meat is gonna be tough and stringy with absolutely no taste at all.

It may look like Instinct was killed off in those paragraphs, but do we have any actually confirmation of this? We know that Brandon is starting at what he thinks is Eric's blood and Chase tried to elbow Dimitri.

The blast was described as concussive, not deadly (remember, Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face with a shotgun and the guy lived), so we have reason to believe that Eric is still alive Chases elbowing could knock Dimitri's aim off as he uses the last bullet in the gun. Chase has a knife in his throat, but that alone won't kill him provided he can keep the blood from entering his lungs and drowning him.

Also, this may very well not be the true start of 44. He said that these paragraphs were originally at the end of 43, followed by a scene in Paraguay. They could very well have been deleted from the story altogether since 43 ended with a few lines about Paraguay.

We'll find out for sure tomorrow, apparently.

It may look like Instinct was killed off in those paragraphs, but do we have any actually confirmation of this? We know that Brandon is starting at what he thinks is Eric's blood and Chase tried to elbow Dimitri.

The blast was described as concussive, not deadly (remember, Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face with a shotgun and the guy lived), so we have reason to believe that Eric is still alive Chases elbowing could knock Dimitri's aim off as he uses the last bullet in the gun. Chase has a knife in his throat, but that alone won't kill him provided he can keep the blood from entering his lungs and drowning him.

Also, this may very well not be the true start of 44. He said that these paragraphs were originally at the end of 43, followed by a scene in Paraguay. They could very well have been deleted from the story altogether since 43 ended with a few lines about Paraguay.

You know you would think that a professional drummer would have more oomph in elbowing someone than just landing a weak blow. Especially since he isn't majorly injured...... Yet? :ph34r:

I can say that the paragraphs I posted are the exact first four in LTMP 44. No changes, no alterations. :) This is the true start of 44. I will also add that there are no dream sequences in LTMP. :)

Cutting the throat will kill without involving the lungs, if enough majoe arteries or veins are cut (remember the pilot in chapter 37? he died from a partially cut coritid artery.) But, the posted text, while it does say that his throat is being cut, does not say how much, yet. We don't yet know if it is fatal or not.

All I can say is; the clues are in those four paragraphs. :)

You know you would think that a professional drummer would have more oomph in elbowing someone than just landing a weak blow. Especially since he isn't majorly injured...... Yet? :ph34r:

Chase's arms are pinned to his sides, making the elbowing difficult. :)

An ending or stopping point calculated to leave a story unresolved, to create suspense

Stephen King's novel The Waste Lands ended in a terrible cliffhanger.

What have you resolved?

Aww, Mike.. Look at the definition above.. See the highlighted bits? The dilemma brandon faced at the end of 43 was not the chapter end, there was a paragraph after it about Paraguay.

Also, the four paragraphs I posted don't count; they are the beginning of the chapter, not the end. :)

BTW, here is my definition of Cliffhanger

HE should have left Eric in San Francisco :pissed:

Awwww... But Your Shadowyness, I did offer to have Eric take Cody along, but you declined... :(

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..