[Tiff] No Fairytale World

A new story by Tiff !:

No Fairytale World

Andy can't hide his true feelings anymore. The only way out of his misery is to face the consequences. His life takes a hard turn as he struggles with his regrets, and the pain he inflicted on the people he loves. Even if waking up each day is difficult, he still has one good friend, Mark, at his side to support him.

Pete's past was everything but pleasant. He can run away from people, he can run away from places, but he can't run away from his demons. His attempt for a fresh start and better life is not so easy. He starts to believe that some people are not meant to be saved, and that some ghosts never completely go away.

False hopes, crushed dreams, and an unknown future--Life really isn't a fairy tale.

Edited by YaP
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tiff, I just went over to your site to check out the new story - can't wait to read it!

If you don't mind one comment, though, I find the formatting of the story makes it very difficult to read. The font and the blue text on the blue background are a bit tough on the eyes, and the text doesn't wrap, making it necessary for me to scroll horizontally on each line. I hope you don't mind me bringing this up, it's just that it's making it frustrating to read what seems to be a really promising story so far.

Hey Tiff, I just went over to your site to check out the new story - can't wait to read it!

If you don't mind one comment, though, I find the formatting of the story makes it very difficult to read. The font and the blue text on the blue background are a bit tough on the eyes, and the text doesn't wrap, making it necessary for me to scroll horizontally on each line. I hope you don't mind me bringing this up, it's just that it's making it frustrating to read what seems to be a really promising story so far.

Hey!

I don't mind your comment at all. I agree with you completely; the formatting does need to be fixed. I'll see about those font colors. Right now I'm in the process of contacting tech support to help me with these issues. I'm just waiting for a response. Hopefully, it will be soon! Once it's fixed, I'll PM you and maybe you can read it better. Thanks!

The text wraps now, which is much better :-)

Edited by YaP

Hehe, thanks :) Patience has never been my strong suit, though, so I already read the first two chapters by copying and pasting the text into Word. And I'm really liking this story so far, even though nobody is snowboarding. The characters are richly drawn and complex, and I am already hooked. Keep it up!

Hey Tiff!

I'm really liking the start of your new story. The characters are very well developed, and I really like the way you're taking an almost classic plot and putting a new twist on it. I can't wait to read more!

~Mikie

Hey Tiff!

I'm really liking the start of your new story. The characters are very well developed, and I really like the way you're taking an almost classic plot and putting a new twist on it. I can't wait to read more!

~Mikie

Heya Mikie...long time no see! No more competing over who gets to comment first on Mellicat's stories, huh? :P

Anyway, thanks so much for commenting. I'm very glad you're enjoying the beginning of the story. I hope you continue to read and enjoy it.

Great chapters!

Pete seems to be really struggling with something big. I can tell he's just dying to talk about it, but years of betrayal have probably forced him to be cautious. Every time he's on the verge of blurting it out, he stops himself.

And Andy seems amazingly nonjudgmental after catching Pete. Maybe that part requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, because even if Andy is not that judgmental, is it realistic to think that he'd want Pete to take that kind of thing home... to have strange men in the house? Especially when Andy knows he brings Jordan there? You'd think his protective instincts as a father would kick in, if nothing else.

The scene with Andy and his dad was really, really great. Well-written, very poignant and honest.

Keep up the story - it's a good one!

And Andy seems amazingly nonjudgmental after catching Pete. Maybe that part requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, because even if Andy is not that judgmental, is it realistic to think that he'd want Pete to take that kind of thing home... to have strange men in the house? Especially when Andy knows he brings Jordan there? You'd think his protective instincts as a father would kick in, if nothing else.

The scene with Andy and his dad was really, really great. Well-written, very poignant and honest.

Thanks CR! I love your analysis and comments!

As for Andy's reaction to catching Pete, maybe it was the shock that made him so accepting. Or maybe he's so stressed with his own life that he doesn't have the energy to lay into Pete, especially if he knows virtually nothing about Pete.

But you're right in the sense that most people, with a clear head, would be very concerned about strange men coming in the house, especially with a young child visiting on weekends. However, since Pete isn't blatant about it, and it was a first time occurence, Andy's doesn't necessarily feel Jordan is in any danger. At least yet...

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Just started with Chapter one, Curious how old is Andy? it began with a flashback I take it I feel bad for him, but at the sometime, since he's gay he should of not married her, Or he didn't know. This is great start, I can see your writing has improved :) and can do a sad story as well.

Is reading chapter 2 now, I like what mark has said, "So lying to yourself is better?"

Many think of that really.

This is a real story of what can happen and what probably does happen most of time. although I think most of the woman would just really trash him.

Edited by Drewbie
Great chapters!

Pete seems to be really struggling with something big. I can tell he's just dying to talk about it, but years of betrayal have probably forced him to be cautious. Every time he's on the verge of blurting it out, he stops himself.

I have to agree, wonder it's also because of his moodyness? About Pete bringing him his "clients" isn't safe for him or anyone else. wonder about pete's history, hopeflly he'll open himself up to Andy or even mark

Somehow Andy must still see something in Pete for Jordan to be around him.

Edited by Drewbie
I have to agree, wonder it's also because of his moodyness? About Pete bringing him his "clients" isn't safe for him or anyone else. wonder about pete's history, hopeflly he'll open himself up to Andy or even mark

Somehow Andy must still see something in Pete for Jordan to be around him.

Pete bringing home clients is definitely not safe for him or anyone else. But then again, Andy didn't know what to make of it initially. I think for Andy, confrontation is not something he could handle at the moment, which is why he lets it go...at first. Plus, Pete is not bringing home guys blatantly, and definitely not when Jordan is around. Most likely, he meets up with his clients at other locations, with this time being the exception.

Thanks for reading and commenting Drewbie.

Pete bringing home clients is definitely not safe for him or anyone else. But then again, Andy didn't know what to make of it initially. I think for Andy, confrontation is not something he could handle at the moment, which is why he lets it go...at first. Plus, Pete is not bringing home guys blatantly, and definitely not when Jordan is around. Most likely, he meets up with his clients at other locations, with this time being the exception.

Thanks for reading and commenting Drewbie.

Right, Didn't of andy just not wanting a confrontation.

Finally Andy is having a good conversation with mom and hopefully it will be better between them. As Pete and Andy are getting along better then mark and andy see's his client being rough with him :( if he gets kicked out he might go full time hustling just to go to school and afford foods a place etc. Hopeing his talk with andy willl help.

I do think that Michelle would try to get him some help, probably freak out as well.

Forgot to add, thought it was sweet that Andy lied to help Pete, Now andy is free from marrage, im liking Jordan more and more too. again your writing is improving tiff :) I can see either andy and pete helping eachother or things will go really bad for Pete.

Edited by Drewbie

I agree Drewbie.. its cool that Andy's parents - or at least his mom - are trying to deal with it better now.

Yea, Jordan is reall cool :-)

And i do like Mark more and more as well.. he seems to be a really good friend everybody would like to have.

Oh yea.. the drama with Pete and his "client" could really make things bad :-(.

Finally Andy is having a good conversation with mom and hopefully it will be better between them. As Pete and Andy are getting along better then mark and andy see's his client being rough with him :( if he gets kicked out he might go full time hustling just to go to school and afford foods a place etc. Hopeing his talk with andy willl help.

I do think that Michelle would try to get him some help, probably freak out as well.

Forgot to add, thought it was sweet that Andy lied to help Pete, Now andy is free from marrage, im liking Jordan more and more too. again your writing is improving tiff :) I can see either andy and pete helping eachother or things will go really bad for Pete.

Hey Drewbie! Thanks for reading and commenting!

I think Andy's parents will come around. They aren't hateful people, just very shocked at the sudden change of their son's life. Shock makes things harder to deal with, but they'll get there.

I agree, things could go either very well for pete, or very bad...it depends...but it does help for pete to talk no matter what.

And who doesn't love Jordan. I do too!

I agree Drewbie.. its cool that Andy's parents - or at least his mom - are trying to deal with it better now.

Yea, Jordan is reall cool :-)

And i do like Mark more and more as well.. he seems to be a really good friend everybody would like to have.

Oh yea.. the drama with Pete and his "client" could really make things bad :-(.

Heya Pete!

Mark is a great friend. It's the perfect balance right now in Andy's life, to have one good friend that never takes things seriously and that is there to support him. I truly believe Mark, although plays a small part in the story, is a huge part of Andy's stability after his life falls apart.

Liked the chapter. I agree that Andy's parents seem to be coming around, which is nice.

As for Pete, hopefully he'll be able to finally reach out and ask for some help now, and maybe even get it. I'm just not sure that I want to see him and Andy hook up anymore, though. Oh, I know that's the direction things seem to be going, but something about it just seems too... uneven. I dunno, like Andy is actually pretty together for someone whose life came apart, he's really a mature, responsible adult. And in so many ways, Pete seems like just a kid. I guess it just doesn't seem like the start of a very equal relationship.

Aw, but what do I know, anyway?

Liked the chapter. I agree that Andy's parents seem to be coming around, which is nice.

As for Pete, hopefully he'll be able to finally reach out and ask for some help now, and maybe even get it. I'm just not sure that I want to see him and Andy hook up anymore, though. Oh, I know that's the direction things seem to be going, but something about it just seems too... uneven. I dunno, like Andy is actually pretty together for someone whose life came apart, he's really a mature, responsible adult. And in so many ways, Pete seems like just a kid. I guess it just doesn't seem like the start of a very equal relationship.

Aw, but what do I know, anyway?

I like how you're thinking. You're right when you compare Andy and Pete. Although Andy is starting from scratch with being gay, in all other areas of his life, he is mature and responsible, and had a pretty perfect upbringing. Whereas Pete, is mature in his own ways, in terms of being on his own and fending for himself, he is definitely a kid in terms of his emotional needs. So I see your point. It's a very good one.

But since Pete lost his dad at a young age, and his mother (although not physically), he may need someone older and more mature because he always lacked that. With someone his age or younger, he has to deal with an immature person who doesn't take life seriously. And underneath it all, Pete is a very serious person.

Tiff!!

Why didn't you tell me you had a new story out!? :P:boy:

Now here I am all late to the party! :*)

So the first chapter was really compelling! I got a very good feel of who Andy is and what's going on in his life in the course of one quick chapter. Way to go!

I feel so badly for the poor guy. I admit that I got a bit angry at him when I found out he was having an affair, but I'm not trying not to be judgmental and I know that sometimes stuff happens that you didn't plan for. At least Andy obviously didn't want to hurt anyone and I imagine the pressure of being in the closet was really intense! I can't wait to find out more of his story.

It looks like his parents are coming around and at least his relationship with Jordan is still okay. I'm hoping Susan gets to the point where she can be a bit more pleasant to him. I know that's got to be insanely difficult for her, but it's also the best for Jordan!

BTW, Mark sounds pretty cool. LOL, you know my weakness writing about a cute blond and a hot redhead! :whistle:

Although, obviously Mark really is straight. Oh well, maybe another hot redhead will come along! Speaking of which I take it the second chapter is going to be about the other story line? I'll go read it now! :D:read:

Awesome job! LOL, and I'll even forgive you for not telling me it was out! 0:)

-Kevin

Edit:

So this is where I go for the chapter 2 discussion too? Cool :)

I loved this chapter! I'm really really curious about Pete now! Looks like he has a soft spot for kids. Also, nifty that we found out how old they each were!

I admit that having heard that Pete is works at Starbucks, is a waiter, and moved to the city I've already concluded that he's gay :P

It looks like Andy has already made alot of progress with his parents! :2thumbs:

I mean okay, I know technically it was supposed to be a 'bad' incident, but they got so much out in the open and his parents are obviously really trying, so I'm really hopeful!

Oh yeah one more thing:

Andy resisted the urge to roll his eyes.
Edited by AFriendlyFace

Wow! Great chapters!

I have to say the big shocker was definitely finding out about Pete's sideline. I'm really worried about him 'swallowing' with a strange man like that! :angry:

Thanks CR! I love your analysis and comments!

As for Andy's reaction to catching Pete, maybe it was the shock that made him so accepting. Or maybe he's so stressed with his own life that he doesn't have the energy to lay into Pete, especially if he knows virtually nothing about Pete.

But you're right in the sense that most people, with a clear head, would be very concerned about strange men coming in the house, especially with a young child visiting on weekends. However, since Pete isn't blatant about it, and it was a first time occurence, Andy's doesn't necessarily feel Jordan is in any danger. At least yet...

At least not yet? :o

What are you planning to do Jordan!? :blink:

On another note, that father/son chat in chapter 3 was awesome! :wub:

Can't wait to read the next chapter! (and as it happens I can go and do just that :read: )

-Kevin

Whoa!

What an evil cliffhanger!!

Leaving us hanging like that just when Andy and Pete are about to talk!

At least we'll have something great to look forward to in the next chapter!

I certainly hope Pete at least had the sense to use condoms when he was doing that!

I hope he can work out his issues!

It definitely looks like Andy's relationship with his parents is on the mend :)

But since Pete lost his dad at a young age, and his mother (although not physically)

Errr, is this a spoiler? I don't remember reading anything at all about Pete's dad!

Poor Pete though :(

As I said, I can't wait for the next one! :D

Awesome chapter!

Kevin

Kevin, if you paid attention, you would know that it was implied. :P

Tiff, I'm sorry I haven't posted anything before. I had only read the first two chapters. I'm caught up now, and I must say this is a fantastic story so far. You're an amazing author. I look forward to learning more about Pete's background even though it sounds like it may be sad.