[Tiff] No Fairytale World

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww cute chapter, Pete seems to be helping andy as well again and vice versa. They really do seem good together even if they do not become lovers, could just be best friends.

Glad we didn't hear from the creep, but I have a feeling it will be soon, and hope that pete won't do it, but it's hard for him not to go back...

Aww cute chapter, Pete seems to be helping andy as well again and vice versa. They really do seem good together even if they do not become lovers, could just be best friends.

Glad we didn't hear from the creep, but I have a feeling it will be soon, and hope that pete won't do it, but it's hard for him not to go back...

Andy and Pete would make a good pair of best friends, wouldn't they? I agree. Friends with their own separate problems can really help the other put things in perspective or be there for support. As important as a significant other is, so are friends.

And let's hope that things will work out for Pete in the future...

Thanks for reading and commenting, Drew!

• 4 weeks later...

I know your not around to read this for now.

Great updated again, We see that either Pete doesn't want to feel any emotion or that he will get hurt.

Wonder if Jordan really knows why they got divocred or has figured it out yet, Susan said before picking up Jordan.

Maybe Jacob had a good childhood?

Sighs so he stared up again, I do hope andy will find out soon, just don't kick him out. Charles manipulated him again for his own gain.

I'm worried that one day pete will die or be really hurt by him.

Looking forward to chapter 10 :)

Edited by Drewbie

I declare an evil cliffhanger! So Pete's mom is dead. He seems ambivalent even though he wants Andy to believe that he's happy about it. It's going to be a while before Andy and Pete can have a chance at a relationship, because there is just too much baggage. I look forward to them being able to do so. Great chapter, Tiff!

Not a cliffhanger, but another emotional chapter. These two men, both carrying so much baggage, taking baby steps towards one another but getting off track so many times along the way.

Pete seems to have trouble associating sex with intimacy; for him, sex is an act of emotional distance, one he shuts himself off from, an act he engages in while shutting down mentally. It has nothing at all to do with the way he shares a bed with Andy for nights on end, seeking emotional closeness. Will he ever learn to associate sex with intimacy? With love? Or will he keep going back for more degradation and abuse, because of guilt he feels or some sense that he deserves it?

Andy is trickier to figure out. He obviously feels protective of Pete; there's a large age difference, and maybe a little father-son thrown in to complicate the two of them getting together as lovers. But, conversely, maybe Andy also feels a bit intimidated by Pete? After all, Andy has led a relatively sheltered life compared to Pete, and he might think that Pete has all these experiences (bad ones, but experiences nonetheless) that he can't relate to or even compete with? Here's Andy, a married man until recently, so new at coming to terms with the fact that he even is attracted to men, and I wonder how much of Pete's abuse seems almost worldly to Andy as a consequence?

I don't see happily ever after for these two men. Definitely "No Fairytale World". But I think they can play an important role in each other's lives, if they only allow themselves to try.

Not a cliffhanger, but another emotional chapter. These two men, both carrying so much baggage, taking baby steps towards one another but getting off track so many times along the way.

Pete seems to have trouble associating sex with intimacy; for him, sex is an act of emotional distance, one he shuts himself off from, an act he engages in while shutting down mentally. It has nothing at all to do with the way he shares a bed with Andy for nights on end, seeking emotional closeness. Will he ever learn to associate sex with intimacy? With love? Or will he keep going back for more degradation and abuse, because of guilt he feels or some sense that he deserves it?

With Pete's association with sex I can only see it happening if he lets someone in, because all he had was sex was degrading.

Pete he hasn't been in love yet, Andy can only support him and he doesn't know how to help him. As friends they can help each other out and learn, start up fresh.

Eh with age difference I seen it work, yet it wouldn't be easy.

Edited by Drewbie
Great updated again, We see that either Pete doesn't want to feel any emotion or that he will get hurt.

Maybe Jacob had a good childhood?

Sighs so he stared up again, I do hope andy will find out soon, just don't kick him out. Charles manipulated him again for his own gain.

With Pete's background, it's no wonder he keeps himself so closed off, but he did really open up a lot to Andy, but of course it's not nearly enough by normal standards. besides getting hurt himself, he doesn't want to hurt Andy. Yeah, Charles is a manipulative ass. And poor Pete is easily manipulated, being so fragile. But I think he'll get there. As for Jacob's childhood, that should be soon, I think.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Drew!

I declare an evil cliffhanger! So Pete's mom is dead. He seems ambivalent even though he wants Andy to believe that he's happy about it. It's going to be a while before Andy and Pete can have a chance at a relationship, because there is just too much baggage. I look forward to them being able to do so. Great chapter, Tiff!

Evil cliffhanger?!? Really? LOL. I didn't think it was that bad, compared to some that I have read, but maybe writing it is different than reading it? You tell me. : )

I like the idea of Pete and Andy being together too, as in a relationship, but their relationship is fragile, and has its ups and downs, and secrets (on Pete's end). It will definitely take awhile and there will be a few more conflicts in the future. That's life, right? Full of conflicts and drama even if we don't want it.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Tim!

Andy is trickier to figure out. He obviously feels protective of Pete; there's a large age difference, and maybe a little father-son thrown in to complicate the two of them getting together as lovers. But, conversely, maybe Andy also feels a bit intimidated by Pete? After all, Andy has led a relatively sheltered life compared to Pete, and he might think that Pete has all these experiences (bad ones, but experiences nonetheless) that he can't relate to or even compete with? Here's Andy, a married man until recently, so new at coming to terms with the fact that he even is attracted to men, and I wonder how much of Pete's abuse seems almost worldly to Andy as a consequence?

I'm glad you saw this as an emotional chapter. I want the readers to feel the character's emotions, so this is a good thing. Thanks for saying that. Sometimes I feel like shoving Andy and Pete together because the direction they're heading in seems obvious, but like you said, with all their cautious behavior, there are so many bumps in the road, and little things pushing them apart again. So close, but so far, right? Frustrating.

With what Pet

Well, I have seen bigger cliffhangers, but Pete was out the door. I consider that a cliffhanger, because he might do something stupid. We're left wondering if he's going to be okay. :ph34r:

I agree.. there is no denying.. it IS a cliffhanger :-).

(How comes that authors using cliffhangers deny it ?? I think its a valid style element, especially if you don't overdo it)

Well, I have seen bigger cliffhangers, but Pete was out the door. I consider that a cliffhanger, because he might do something stupid. We're left wondering if he's going to be okay. :ph34r:

In that case, you're right. It was a bit of a cliffhanger, since no one knows where he's going or what he will be doing. Good point. I didn't think of that...but only because I'm comparing to bigger cliffhangers. Or maybe those stories just draw me in more...who knows. Cliffhangers are necessary though! And they come out of nowhere. I never do them intentionally. :P

I agree.. there is no denying.. it IS a cliffhanger :-).

(How comes that authors using cliffhangers deny it ?? I think its a valid style element, especially if you don't overdo it)

And I didn't deny it! Read above! LOL. I fully admitted it. And yes, it is valid and vital...and even if I did overdo it, wouldn't that be a good thing? the readers would be coming back for more!!

And I didn't deny it! Read above! LOL. I fully admitted it. And yes, it is valid and vital...and even if I did overdo it, wouldn't that be a good thing? the readers would be coming back for more!!

No, you didn't overdo it at all. That was just a general comment on cliffhangers. This one is just right :-) So no worries ! I think with cliffhangers its the same as it is with so many other things..

• 2 weeks later...
No, you didn't overdo it at all. That was just a general comment on cliffhangers. This one is just right :-) So no worries ! I think with cliffhangers its the same as it is with so many other things..
Tiffany Chin...

How dare you leave me hanging like thism ugh CLIFFHANGER!

I want more danmmit, I need to know where Pete's going...

What about Jacob? Did his mother do the same thing to him that she pulled with Andy? UGH NEED MORE *SOBS*

Great story so far Tiff, I'm really loving it! :wub:

Hey Meeko,

Tiff was on a vaccation.. thats why there hasn't been an update for a while. But she is back now, so the next chapter will be up soon !! :-) :-)

Now that Tiff is back.. Chapter 10 is up.. on her new "hosted" site !

I am sure you will all enjoy the new chapter :D

Note that older links to Tiff's "shared hosted" site will stop to work at some time (at the moment the "old" site is still up, but i assume it will be removed at some time).

Great chapter Tiff.

I'm also scared as to what Andy's gonna end up doing to that guy...

I also wonder what's gonna go down at Pete's mom's (can we even still call her that? sick woman, she was) funeral...

Can't wait till the next chapter!

~Mikie

• 2 weeks later...

Im still reading on chapter 11. will add on later.

Warning Spoilers below

Jacob is mature now, Im sorta amazed even after Pete left she didn't try to get him to make her some money.

I love the cono between pete and jacob after the funeral. :D

Also andy's and mark's convo about that creep 0:)

Edited by Drewbie

Ok, I cheated in reading. I went for the parts where Pete was named.

Jacob is very fortunate and I do feel sorry for Pete

Now I am hook on the story so I has to wait on how its all going to play out.

You know if his jacob mom had abuse him a bit. They I be expecting Jacob giving Pete a brotherly tap in the arm or gutt or something.

Gosh their week together went quick. It feeling like geting into only the important parts and fast forward. Like Click the movie.

Ok, I cheated in reading. I went for the parts where Pete was named.

Jacob is very fortunate and I do feel sorry for Pete

Now I am hook on the story so I has to wait on how its all going to play out.

You know if his jacob mom had abuse him a bit. They I be expecting Jacob giving Pete a brotherly tap in the arm or gutt or something.

Gosh their week together went quick. It feeling like geting into only the important parts and fast forward. Like Click the movie.

yeah, but I'm thinkin we'll be seeing more of Jacob, cause he's sure curious about Andy