[Tiff] No Fairytale World

Tiff!!

Why didn't you tell me you had a new story out!? :P:boy:

Now here I am all late to the party! :*)

:lol: Well, Kevin, you're all busy with a bunch of other stuff! I wasn't going to hassle you to read my new story! And hey, it's never too late to join the party, silly.

I got a very good feel of who Andy is and what's going on in his life in the course of one quick chapter. Way to go!

I feel so badly for the poor guy. I admit that I got a bit angry at him when I found out he was having an affair, but I'm not trying not to be judgmental and I know that sometimes stuff happens that you didn't plan for. At least Andy obviously didn't want to hurt anyone and I imagine the pressure of being in the closet was really intense!

Glad you liked the first chapter!

Oh yeah, I dislike cheaters too. But in this case, I personally feel very bad for Andy. I think he wanted to stay in the closet so he could keep everyone happy, but in the end it was too difficult. Harboring that huge secret, suppressing those feelings, it took a toll on him, as well as affected his behavior towards his family--more angry, etc. Sure, the truth is painful now, but I think it can only get better...once everyone gets used to the idea.

BTW, Mark sounds pretty cool. LOL, you know my weakness writing about a cute blond and a hot redhead! :whistle:

I very much love Mark, too. I love goofy redheads.

I admit that having heard that Pete is works at Starbucks, is a waiter, and moved to the city I've already concluded that he's gay :P

:lol: Wait, so a city boy who works at Starbucks and is a waiter is automatically gay. WOW. I learn new things everyday.

It looks like Andy has already made alot of progress with his parents! :2thumbs:

I mean okay, I know technically it was supposed to be a 'bad' incident, but they got so much out in the open and his parents are obviously really trying, so I'm really hopeful!

So called bad incidents can sometimes lead to something really good. It all depends. His parents are trying. It won't be easy. They find out this truth, and I bet Andy's parents are replaying Andy's whole life in their heads--trying to spot any signs of being gay. Because while growing up, Andy hid it well.

THanks for reading and commenting, Kevin.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Great chapters!

I have to say the big shocker was definitely finding out about Pete's sideline. I'm really worried about him 'swallowing' with a strange man like that! :angry:

I have to say that it was probably a huge shocker for Andy as well. I'm glad it was a huge shock. I wanted it to be. I didn't want to drop any hints in earlier chapters because it would spoil the effect.

Thanks for reading/commenting. :wub:

Whoa!

What an evil cliffhanger!!

Leaving us hanging like that just when Andy and Pete are about to talk!

Aww! I didn't think it was that much of a cliffhanger! Well, maybe just a little...but it's better than someone getting stabbed and then the chapter cuts off. :lol:

As for the spoiler, hmm, I don't think I gave anything away, but then again, you never know. I was supposed to post two chapters, but I slacked off a bit. Maybe my mind moved too fast on this one... my bad.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Kevin, if you paid attention, you would know that it was implied. :P

Tiff, I'm sorry I haven't posted anything before. I had only read the first two chapters. I'm caught up now, and I must say this is a fantastic story so far. You're an amazing author. I look forward to learning more about Pete's background even though it sounds like it may be sad.

No worries, Tim, on not posting anything before. No biggie. You're here now! :D Thanks so much for reading. I wrote this pretty fast a few months ago and I worried that the characters might not be fleshed out enough, or the plot moved too fast. So I'm glad you enjoyed it because that means I'm doing something right! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Great chapter, Tiff! Wow, Pete has really been through the wringer, hasn't he? It's nice to see Andy able to break out of his own self-pity party long enough to recognize how good he really has it, compared to Pete. And it's nice to see him reach out, offer some help.

But if it were as easy as extracting a promise, I don't think Pete would still be doing this. He's got a long road to heal ahead of him, and I'm sure he'll fall back into predictable patterns at least a few times. What will happen between him and Andy, then?

Just as I suspected, Pete has a lot of pain in his past. I hope he and Andy can help each other heal. They need to hold each other tightly. Tiff, that was a great chapter, but again I am practically screaming for more! :D

Edited by Tiger
First part wasn't easy to read, what happend to Jacob? Wonder if Pete will go and find his brother.

Glad that mark is willing to help now.

You'll see what happens to Jacob in the future....there will be more explaining as the series progresses.

Isn't Mark such a good friend? LOL. I love him.

Great chapter, Tiff! Wow, Pete has really been through the wringer, hasn't he? It's nice to see Andy able to break out of his own self-pity party long enough to recognize how good he really has it, compared to Pete. And it's nice to see him reach out, offer some help.

But if it were as easy as extracting a promise, I don't think Pete would still be doing this. He's got a long road to heal ahead of him, and I'm sure he'll fall back into predictable patterns at least a few times. What will happen between him and Andy, then?

Thanks CR. Everyone always thinks their life is bad, but they need to realize that they're not the only ones suffering, and sometimes helping others is the only way to help yourself....hope that makes sense..it's late! lol.

Just as I suspected, Pete has a lot of pain in his past. I hope he and Andy can help each other heal. They need to hold each other tightly. Tiff, that was a great chapter, but again I am practically screaming for more! :D

Heya Tim! Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm glad you're enjoying the story and are eager to read more. I feel very bad for Pete and Andy, and in some odd way, they're good for each other, even if only as friends.

What can I say?

Tiff, I love your work. I absolutely adore your writing.

Great chapter, and like Tiger, I'm drooling for more.

~Mikie

Aww, thanks for reading and commenting. I'm so glad you're enjoying this as well.

Thanks CR. Everyone always thinks their life is bad, but they need to realize that they're not the only ones suffering, and sometimes helping others is the only way to help yourself....hope that makes sense..it's late! lol.

Yes, makes perfect sense, and I agree with you 100%. People who are miserable are usually also somewhat selfish. I know that sounds harsh, but there's a lot of truth to it. Happy people usually are the ones out busy helping others, and in turn, that gives them fulfillment and distracts them from whatever problems they have in their own lives. (On a personal note, a volunteer project I took on once helped me get over a bad breakup... and I ended up meeting a new guy through it. So, see, helping people really can pay off! :D )

Yes, makes perfect sense, and I agree with you 100%. People who are miserable are usually also somewhat selfish. I know that sounds harsh, but there's a lot of truth to it. Happy people usually are the ones out busy helping others, and in turn, that gives them fulfillment and distracts them from whatever problems they have in their own lives. (On a personal note, a volunteer project I took on once helped me get over a bad breakup... and I ended up meeting a new guy through it. So, see, helping people really can pay off! :D )

LOL...seriously. Miserable people are selfish because they're so absorbed in their own problems. And they're oblivious to other people's problems, which might be more drastic than their own. It's kinda like, even if your life is bad, there is someone out there that has it worse. Sad, but true.

Helping others would be a great form of therapy, not to mention it helps put things glaringly in perspective. That's hilarious that you met another guy through a volunteer project. Wow, I need to give this whole "helping people" another thought. :lol: Maybe it's not such a bad idea after all... :D

That's hilarious that you met another guy through a volunteer project. Wow, I need to give this whole "helping people" another thought. :lol: Maybe it's not such a bad idea after all... :D

Well he did turn out to be an ass, so it was kinda short-lived, but fun while it lasted, you know?

But if it were as easy as extracting a promise, I don't think Pete would still be doing this. He's got a long road to heal ahead of him, and I'm sure he'll fall back into predictable patterns at least a few times.

I agree with CR! While I was reading I was thinking that more than likely Pete would fall off the wagon at least a few times before the story is through.

Awesome chapter, Tiff! Really moving and deep. Definitely seems like one of the most important chapters thus far!

I can't wait to read more :D

-Kevin

I agree with CR! While I was reading I was thinking that more than likely Pete would fall off the wagon at least a few times before the story is through.

Awesome chapter, Tiff! Really moving and deep. Definitely seems like one of the most important chapters thus far!

-Kevin

Nuff said right there. ;)

Well he did turn out to be an ass, so it was kinda short-lived, but fun while it lasted, you know?

Yes, but was he a hot ass? Or have a hot ass? :D Although short-lived, as long as you had some fun as well as having helped you through a rough time in your life, all is well.

-Kevin

Oh, boo, predictable plot lines suck. LOL. I should purposely throw you guys a twist, make it totally random and out there!

Thanks for reading and commenting, Kevin. I think there may be one or two more important chapters in the future...so hopefully you'll like those too.

I did enjoy it. It looks like they're getting nice and frisky. Wow... I think Dean must be the guy Andy had an affair with. That would be so awkward. It's no wonder he freaked out. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of him. Great chapter, Tiff! Again, I want more!

Aw, that was sweet. Kind of emo, though. Two guys - especially those two guys - doing all that deep heart-to-heart talking? Just comes across as a little unrealistic, maybe. But, like I said, sweet. And Pete really is trying, though it's going to be tough for him. I wonder if Andy is using his best judgment at the end of the chapter or not... We'll see, I guess. Should be an interesting morning-after.

Pete I could see having a deep conversation...

Sounds like Pete is going to slip up with Charles, which tends to happens, just hopfully once, next morning is probably going to be a bit awkward.

Sooner or later, pete should tell andy about charles, he's just planting self doubt, and manipulating him for his own needs.

Edited by Drewbie
Aw, that was sweet. Kind of emo, though. Two guys - especially those two guys - doing all that deep heart-to-heart talking? Just comes across as a little unrealistic, maybe. But, like I said, sweet. And Pete really is trying, though it's going to be tough for him. I wonder if Andy is using his best judgment at the end of the chapter or not... We'll see, I guess. Should be an interesting morning-after.

I dunno, I didn't think it was unrealistic or overly emo. That's how I act with my friends and boyfriends....oh wait....I'm kinda emo :boy:

*shrug*

What a beautiful chapter, Tiff! I'm so thoroughly enjoying this story!

I sure hope Pete is able to stay away from Charles! I'm wondering about Dean. Evidently he must have been a boyfriend Pete walked out on. LOL, and no he's a manager Pete walked out on.

I wish I could come up with something clever or insightful to say, but unfortunately I'm really tired and about as drunk as Pete was, so I think I'll have to leave it with awesome job! :D

-Kevin

I did enjoy it. It looks like they're getting nice and frisky. Wow... I think Dean must be the guy Andy had an affair with. That would be so awkward. It's no wonder he freaked out. I have a feeling that we haven't seen the last of him. Great chapter, Tiff! Again, I want more!

I love your choice of words, Tim: nce and frisky. Well, the story is progressing relatively slow, and of course there is some sort of attraction between them. You know, the whole "misery loves company" thing, and the fact that they might really understand one another on a deeper level.

Emo! LOL. Hmm, I suppose so. But Andy and Pete are both mature and have had serious problems, so they're not as carefree as other guys their own age. True, a lot of guys don't talk about their problems, at least not in depth, but these guys are gay and mature, and need to vent their feelings.

Thanks for reading and commenting, CR.

Pete I could see having a deep conversation...

Sounds like Pete is going to slip up with Charles, which tends to happens, just hopfully once, next morning is probably going to be a bit awkward.

Sooner or later, pete should tell andy about charles, he's just planting self doubt, and manipulating him for his own needs.

Does that mean you don't think Andy having a deep conversation is realistic? If so, how come?

I dunno, I didn't think it was unrealistic or overly emo. That's how I act with my friends and boyfriends....oh wait....I'm kinda emo :boy:

*shrug*

What a beautiful chapter, Tiff! I'm so thoroughly enjoying this story!

I sure hope Pete is able to stay away from Charles! I'm wondering about Dean. Evidently he must have been a boyfriend Pete walked out on. LOL, and no he's a manager Pete walked out on.

I wish I could come up with something clever or insightful to say, but unfortunately I'm really tired and about as drunk as Pete was, so I think I'll have to leave it with awesome job! :D

-Kevin

I didn't know gay guys talking about their feelings was considered emo, but I guess so....and for the record, I don't think you're emo, Kevin. You're just, you...a guy who likes to talk a lot.

As for Dean, he was an ex-roomate of Pete while Pete was trying to make it on his own in NY. But yeah, although Pete is trying hard, things are going downhill for him, since he's still weak and doesn't have much willpower. He does have Andy in his corner, but even Andy isn't enough to save Pete's mental state/past/mental state.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Kevin!

Tiff, I just wanted to say how very much I'm enjoying this so far. I have a bit of a thing for wounded guys....

Hey there, Duncan!

I'm honored that you're enjoying this story. I was worried I couldn't express Pete and Andy's pain clearly enough to the readers, but if you're getting a sense of the whole "wounded guy" thing, then I must be doing something right. LOL. You're the KING of writing about wounded guys, so again, I'm so honored you're enjoying this.

Thanks so much reading and commenting in my forum.