[Tiff] No Fairytale World

Awww. These chapters give me the warm-and-fuzzies. Really. I know this is called "No Fairytale World", and things aren't exactly easy for these guys (especially Pete), but the growth of their relationship is just so sweet and so nice to see.

Minor critique: These characters are all so self-aware and open about their feelings with one another, I'm finding it stretches the believability a little bit. Most people are dumbasses when it comes to themselves and discussing the important stuff and getting their own heads on straight, and these guys should, by all rights, be more messed up than most. While you as the writer and us as the readers get the benefit of having a deeper understanding of their motivations, I do find it a bit unlikely that they would be so aware of them and expressive of them and, frankly, psychologically healthy.

But really, that's just minor criticism. This is a nice respite from stories with frustrating characters, and it's nice to see them making such good progress. And this is such a contrast from your dark and disturbing short stories, too. I know you can write dark and disturbing like nobody else, so it's nice to see you consciously making a choice to let the sunshine in on these characters a little.

Keep it coming!

Edited by Cynical Romantic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay more no fairytale world.

Haha cradle robber line :D and a nice early birthday present for pete :)

now about this rob guy :/ , Pete should tell Andy what happened if he doesn't get rescued. sighs. if Andy does fine what rob has done like go into that bathroom, hopefully he wouldn't think Pete was doing it for fun.

Edited by Drewbie

Not done reading yet, but so far so good.

I just had to point out that this is SO romantic sounding

They jumped onto the bed and bounced around, their mouths meeting again, their hands grabbing at the other
Oh god I was almost in tears at the end of Chapter 14. I almost couldn't bear to read it!

Excellent job :)

It just makes me angry for Pete, I know he's not in control of his emotions. I know he's afraid and gonna let it happen, but deep deep deep down I know something will happen. He'll grab Rob and rip his balls off, or Cameron will come knocking on the door. Come on Pete!

It just makes me angry for Pete, I know he's not in control of his emotions. I know he's afraid and gonna let it happen, but deep deep deep down I know something will happen. He'll grab Rob and rip his balls off, or Cameron will come knocking on the door. Come on Pete!

I feel the same way too. But then, this is no fairytale world (yay pun). Something's bound to go bad.

The new chapters were good. Nice reads. Very sweet until the end, when we have angst again. Does it make me sick and twisted to be relieved to have the angst again after all the sweetness and light? If it does, well, I make no apologies; Tiff writes dark and disturbing like nobody else.

Edited by Cynical Romantic
yay more no fairytale world.

Haha cradle robber line :D and a nice early birthday present for pete :)

now about this rob guy :/ , Pete should tell Andy what happened if he doesn't get rescued. sighs. if Andy does fine what rob has done like go into that bathroom, hopefully he wouldn't think Pete was doing it for fun.

Thanks for commenting, Drewbie!

I think Andy knows Pete and his issues well enough by now, so that he won't assume anything on Pete's part.

Not done reading yet, but so far so good.

I just had to point out that this is SO romantic sounding. I know, I'm a sap. Haha. But just had to point that out. :wub:

Hey!

Actually, that was one of my favorite lines of the chapter, or overall story. It was a simple line, but definitely implied romance, tenderness, etc. Thanks for commenting.

LOL...I love your need for violence. Well that scene with Rob and Pete can only go one of two ways, so you'll find out what happens in 15, which is the last chapter, btw.

Yeah, but to much has gone bad for Pete. It's time for some FAIRY magic!

I like the whole pun thing. LOL. And I totally agree with you. Thanks for commenting.

The new chapters were good. Nice reads. Very sweet until the end, when we have angst again. Does it make me sick and twisted to be relieved to have the angst again after all the sweetness and light? If it does, well, I make no apologies; Tiff writes dark and disturbing like nobody else.

I definitely don't think you're sick and twisted because you're happy to see some angtsy, moody stuff. If anyone is sick and twisted, it's me! Look who comes up with this stuff.

And thanks for the dark and disturbing comment. I feel oddly flattered, although not sure if it's good to be an author who writes a lot on the very creepy, deep, dark themes. Some people might get scared of me, or what goes on inside this head.... :P

Thanks for commenting. Appreciate it as always. :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished reading it ... I wasn't expecting Pete's reaction with rob. and he had visions of his mom, was this also someone he knew from way back then? I think last chapter He met rob's roommate when he ran away.

I think Telling Cameron about what happend and with his fight with Rob also helped pete and he now more happy :) I love the ending..

Well done!

Edited by Drewbie

umm one word: Amazing.

Yes.

Anyways, I really liked this story, Tiff. Great ending. I'm not one for epilogues, but it worked very well for this story I thought.

Great work, and I can't wait to read more of your work.

~Mikie

• 2 months later...
Truly, truly amazing story. Phew, was like riding a roller-coaster, lots of ups & downs, drama & scary moments. Really was a wonderful read & great ending.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey there!

This was my second series and my attempt at writing something a little darker and deeper with more emotional depth. I'm glad you considered it a rollercoaster with a lot of drama and scary moments. I guess I achieved my goals with this piece in that case.

Thanks for reading and commenting!