Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes Chapter 8

I hope this posted ok, I'm exhausted and half asleep. :) See y'all tomorrow, and have fun. :)

One word. AWESOME So worth the wait. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

Did I just say I was ok with waiting?!?!?! :blink:

:wacko: :funny:

Going to hide again. :ph34r:

One word. AWESOME So worth the wait. :worship::worship::worship::worship:

B) ..........It was worth waiting for, Jim's troubled dilemma is now a past thing, Brandon has secured his friendship and has only to wait for the impending scuffle that will happen. I would have liked to have seen Instinct buy the liquor store and Brandon fire the clerk. (But vengeance is mine say's Helen) it was still good they got the booze, I noted lacking any Tequila for Eric, but I am guessing the goat stashed some somewhere.

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the unexpected chapter CJ :worship:

Good to have you back.

I was a little surprised with a Mormon woman working in a liquor store, especially since she was 'devote'.

As far as there not being any tequila that Instinct bought, I believe Jim said some of the boys would be bringing their own.

It was nice to see a bit of interaction with Jon, Brandon and Chase. I know that this is mainly Eric's story, but it seems like the guys are almost as much in the background as Barbara or the brother's parents. Hopefully they will be around a bit more in the future.

Hey CJ, is there any chance of you finding a couple of male strippers that fit the image of Jansen and Keith and pay them to do a routine that you choreographed and post it on Youtube??? :P You have piqued my interest. :lol:

Steve B)

CJ, your back from your quests too the mountains. Got any good pictures of cliffs to show us later, hehe! :P

I like this chapter, it felt like things are coming into play and the Keith/Jansen/Eric storyline is getting interesting; perhaps a little Tequila will help move it along.

The Mormon woman is a hypocritical homophobic idiot, but I am not going into a discussion of the Mormon religion, which is another matter.

Glad to see the Bikers helped out and it was the perfect solution in that situation. Do I detect a theme of challenging authority from you CJ? You could be a good writer for Sons of Anarchy, a biker based US TV show.

• Site Moderator
Great chapter, CJ...and I'm glad you are back. Where is that train wreck? I hate waiting when I am expecting a train wreck.

I think the train wreck is the next chapter.

Hey CJ, is there any chance of you finding a couple of male strippers that fit the image of Jansen and Keith and pay them to do a routine that you choreographed and post it on Youtube??? :P You have piqued my interest. :lol:

Steve B)

I have a better idea, have CJ bring them to the next GA get together.

Most excellent chapter, Your Highness.

One word. AWESOME So worth the wait.

Thanks!! I hope to get back on the weekly posting schedule.

Also, my sincere thanks to the special efforts made my Joe, plus my entire team, to get the chapters posted while I was away.

You guys are the best!!

B) ..........It was worth waiting for, Jim's troubled dilemma is now a past thing, Brandon has secured his friendship and has only to wait for the impending scuffle that will happen. I would have liked to have seen Instinct buy the liquor store and Brandon fire the clerk. (But vengeance is mine say's Helen) it was still good they got the booze, I noted lacking any Tequila for Eric, but I am guessing the goat stashed some somewhere.

Who? Me? Tequila the Eric? Never! 0:)

Besides, a fight at a Hells Angels party? What could possibly go wrong? :)

Great chapter, CJ...and I'm glad you are back. Where is that train wreck? I hate waiting when I am expecting a train wreck.

Train Wreck is Ch 9. :)

Thanks for the unexpected chapter CJ :worship:

Good to have you back.

I was a little surprised with a Mormon woman working in a liquor store, especially since she was 'devote'.

As far as there not being any tequila that Instinct bought, I believe Jim said some of the boys would be bringing their own.

It was nice to see a bit of interaction with Jon, Brandon and Chase. I know that this is mainly Eric's story, but it seems like the guys are almost as much in the background as Barbara or the brother's parents. Hopefully they will be around a bit more in the future.

Steve B)

My area of AZ has a lot of Mormons, so I've actually seen that occur. :)

Surely, the bikers will keep the Tequila away from Eric. :)

Fear not, Brandon, Chase, and Jon will be integral to this story, and feature often (more than in recent chapters). Actually, I will be starting a new thread about that and other CL issues in a few miniutes. :)

As for the strippers... I can honestly say I've seen an act very much like that, up close and personal, by a very hot stripper who worked at a high-end club. Hot indeed. :devil:

CJ, your back from your quests too the mountains. Got any good pictures of cliffs to show us later, hehe! :P

I like this chapter, it felt like things are coming into play and the Keith/Jansen/Eric storyline is getting interesting; perhaps a little Tequila will help move it along.

The Mormon woman is a hypocritical homophobic idiot, but I am not going into a discussion of the Mormon religion, which is another matter.

Glad to see the Bikers helped out and it was the perfect solution in that situation. Do I detect a theme of challenging authority from you CJ? You could be a good writer for Sons of Anarchy, a biker based US TV show.

There are a great many Mormons in my area of AZ. Sadly, the portrayal is not a stretch for many. Please feel free to discuss that religion here in context of the story, as long as we're factual and not merely insulting.

Many of the mormans in my area are conservative by Mormon standards. Some are also breakaway sects who are poligamous. I do have some mormon friends, and some Mormon acquaintances I despise. I have serious issues with some of their dogmas, such as the subservient role of women. I can't stand sexisim and Mormon doctrine can be as sexist and degrading as Islamic doctrine in this regard (I abhor sexisim, period, just as I do homophobia and racisim). (speaking in generalities here, of course: Not every adherent of either religion holds the same interpretations, so this is not a blanket condemnation of all, just those that do).

The hipocracy is, sadly, all too common in religious hardliners. I detest anyone who tries to apply their religion to others against their will.

I think the train wreck is the next chapter.

I have a better idea, have CJ bring them to the next GA get together.

Most excellent chapter, Your Highness.

Thanks Jan!

But... your Highness??? Jan! Surely you know that I am so undeserving of any such title. :)

As always CJ, your an amazing author and I can't wait for more chapters :)

Eric

Thanks Eric!!

CJ :)

First off, thanks for the chapter CJ! :D

There are a great many Mormons in my area of AZ. Sadly, the portrayal is not a stretch for many. Please feel free to discuss that religion here in context of the story, as long as we're factual and not merely insulting.

Many of the mormans in my area are conservative by Mormon standards. Some are also breakaway sects who are poligamous. I do have some mormon friends, and some Mormon acquaintances I despise. I have serious issues with some of their dogmas, such as the subservient role of women. I can't stand sexisim and Mormon doctrine can be as sexist and degrading as Islamic doctrine in this regard (I abhor sexisim, period). (speaking in generalities here, of course: Not every adherent of either religion holds the same interpretations, so this is not a blanket condemnation of all, just those that do).

The hipocracy is, sadly, all too common in religious hardliners. I detest anyone who tries to apply their religion to others against their will.

I would like to hear other opinions on this before I comment in depth. It sounds like CJ has had some interaction with the LDS church, but has anyone else? Being born and raised in Utah (as a non-Momon) I think gives me a unique perspective. But, I'm curious to hear from others.

First off, thanks for the chapter CJ! :D

I would like to hear other opinions on this before I comment in depth. It sounds like CJ has had some interaction with the LDS church, but has anyone else? Being born and raised in Utah (as a non-Momon) I think gives me a unique perspective. But, I'm curious to hear from others.

I'd love to hear your perspective. I should mention that the Mormons in my area tend to be far more "fundamentalist" than the mainstream LDS. Many are descended from Mormons who left Utah due to feeling that the mainstream LDS was too liberal (I'm in northern Arizona). Like any religion, they have their hardliners and extreemists. However, this surely gives me a warped perspective of the LDS in general.

I do however know several gay ex-mormons who were mainstream LDS, and they are plenty opinionated against the mainstream LDS regarding homosexuality. I'm not sure what the mainstream LDS is like on sexisim, but I can say that the extremists here by and large treat women like second class citizens.

There are also some heart-wrenching cases of runaway teens from the pologamist enclaves along the Arizona-Utah boarder (mainly on the AZ side). They leave for many reasons, but one is that the teen girls are married off to older men (several each) leaving none for the teen guys. Also, they can become virtual outcasts withing their own community. But, when they leave, they have a hard time adjusting due to the insularity of their communities; they lose all that they ever knew and find themselves alone in a strange world. I've heard this about many, but in one case firsthand: A few years ago one of my employees opened up and told me about his experiences as one of these.

There are organizations who sometimes help the runaway teens (of both sexes) from the poligamist sects, but getting them in contact with the runaways is proving hard in too many cases.

I'm glad Brandon and Jim had that talk,

I somehow really do think eric enjoys Jansen and Keith practice sessions.

I did think the liquor seen was odd, but I'm not surprised, money is money, picks and chooses what they will ignore.

And wasn't it a Wrangler in the let the music play? or is it a Cherokee or a grand Cherokee now?

Edited by Drewbie
  • Site Moderator
And wasn't it a Wrangler in the let the music play? or is it a Cherokee or a grand Cherokee now?

If I remember correctly, the other Jeep was damaged in LTMP. That would mean it's another Jeep. They probably keep one there at the ranch.

Okay, that Mormon chick must die. I had to get that off my chest first. :P

As for the chapter itself, I am not surprised that they want to sell the place. I'm surprised they have not already. As for the party, I'm almost certain that Eric is going to get his hands on some tequila. :angry: I'm thinking evil cliffhanger for Chapter 9. :P

• Site Moderator

I got the impression, this was their first time back to the ranch since those days. Maybe they had talked about selling it but wanted to wait and to see how they felt after some time had passed. It would surprise me to find out Helen already had a Realtor on standby.

Everyone is different. There was people that thought I should have moved and sold the house that I was living in when my boyfriend shot and killed himself. I lived there for another eight years.

Was the woman the owner of the store, or was she just the sales clerk? If she was just the clerk, I say FIRE HER A$$! I've seen articles about court rulings where Doctors have refused services for elective procedures and Pharmacists for refusing to fill certain prescriptions due to religious and moral beliefs.

• Site Administrator

CJ,

I imagine you and I could have a really long chat about the FLDS Church. I live not too far from Bountiiful, the Canadian equivalent of Colorado City.

I also live not far from the Mormon temple in my province. In my city, approx. 20% of the people are mainstream LDS.

I too have met a few ex-mormon guys who left due to being gay (heck I dated one :P ).

I guess I was surprised in the store owner as I know that usually there is lines between what business a church member can be involved in and the teachings of the church.

I know of one coworker, who's daughter ended up marrying a gentleman who then bought a bar in town. Needless to say that the daughter is no longer part of the church.

Not far from my house is a large chain hotel that is owned by a Mormon family, and they do not own or operate the restaurant/bar in the hotel due to their beliefs. But that is where the lines are blurred. They own a chain hotel that requires them to have a restaurant/bar. Since they do not believe in making money off the sales of liqour, they choose to give that business to someone else but they are still collecting the rent of the place so indirectly they are profiting from the sale of liquor.

General 'feelings' of mine is that the mainstream church is it is actually quite honourable in their focus on the family unit, and one thing I have personally experienced is that they will not try to preach their religion or beliefs to you unless you ask. This is a major difference between JW's and other mainstream Christian Churches. People that have left the church are generally not shunned by their family but do have restrictions on them such as not being able to attend Temple weddings for siblings, but still attend the receptions. I agree with you on a lot of your points.

I feel it is very important to not judge the mainstream church by comparing them to the FLDS Church though. What happens there is plainly illegal, and they're not even recognized by the main church. I feel to paint all mormons by the same brush as the fundamental ones is equivalent of judging all Christians by the actions of the Westview Baptist Church.

Anyways, I've babbled enough :D

I got the impression, this was their first time back to the ranch since those days. Maybe they had talked about selling it but wanted to wait and to see how they felt after some time had passed. It would surprise me to find out Helen already had a Realtor on standby.

I'm sure it was the first time. Those memories are definitely difficult, but not insurmountable.

Everyone is different. There was people that thought I should have moved and sold the house that I was living in when my boyfriend shot and killed himself. I lived there for another eight years.

That's for sure. I think how people cope is different. Some might sell the house immediately. Others might never leave, because they need to be there with their memories.

Was the woman the owner of the store, or was she just the sales clerk? If she was just the clerk, I say FIRE HER A$$! I've seen articles about court rulings where Doctors have refused services for elective procedures and Pharmacists for refusing to fill certain prescriptions due to religious and moral beliefs.

Regardless, there is a way to combat her, and they might pursue it. Then again, maybe they'll decide that she's worthless and simply not waste their time.

• Site Moderator
Regardless, there is a way to combat her, and they might pursue it. Then again, maybe they'll decide that she's worthless and simply not waste their time.

We could give Eric some Tequila and send him back to the store.

I also loved the scene in the store. I think they handeled the clerk well. Doing any more to her would just make Instinct look bad. Besides, what goes around comes around. I'm sure she will get a pair of goat horns up her butt sooner or later.

I also loved the scene in the store. I think they handeled the clerk well. Doing any more to her would just make Instinct look bad. Besides, what goes around comes around. I'm sure she will get a pair of goat horns up her butt sooner or later.

That was exactly the problem; as in real life, their options are limited in such a circumstance without making themselves the bad guys.

BTW, CH 9, Train Wreck [/b, ]posts in 24 hours or less.

Train Wreck!!!!!!!!!

If you let a certain Eric get involved in an accident, I am going to lock you in a room with a lamb CJ, HEHE! :D:D

It is going to be awkward to explain that you are not interested in lambs as she tries to play with you.

By the way her name is Dolly and she has a twin sister or a cloned one!

070220_dolly_vmed3p.widec.jpg

Don't make me do it CJ!

Edited by W.L.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..