Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes Chapter 11 Morning Serenade

Chapter 11 - Morning Serenade - is posted.

Thank goodness for pain bringing Brandon to his senses before it became more then just some torn jeans he'd need to explain. I'm glad things ended up with a good mood, but it's the calm before the storm that I fear. I was also pretty moved by Eric's true pain and regret at what he did. We now know Eric is definitely on a tightrope on that fence and he could fall either way soon.

Thank goodness for pain bringing Brandon to his senses before it became more then just some torn jeans he'd need to explain. I'm glad things ended up with a good mood, but it's the calm before the storm that I fear. I was also pretty moved by Eric's true pain and regret at what he did. We now know Eric is definitely on a tightrope on that fence and he could fall either way soon.

Yea, besides the scar being back, Eric needs to go to see cody....

I wonder how the male strippers will go.

and a spelling mistake

He also said something to me last time he was on tequila, back in Sand

Francisco after he got caught kissing that guy, about you being hot. At the time I thought

he was joking, but when you called I did wonder for a second if he

Edited by Drewbie
  • Site Moderator

I'm surprised that Chase didn't at least carefully open Eric's jeans and dump the ice water. Although I think Brandon wanted to do in a measure of revenge.

And there was that 50/50 chance that Chase could have left. And you gotta love Jon. He seemed to be the level headed one that night. He knew what Chase was about to throw away.

I imagine we will be off on a plane trip with the next chapter.

There is still so much of the story left; I do not think Eric can live up to the promise of "no Tequila".

I think we are starting to see a lot of character movement; Eric's closet is opened slightly. The additional ominous symbol at the end of the wedding adds more for Eric in the next few chapters than he bargained for.

By the way, I am getting a different outlook from Eric's Tequila use; each time he drinks Tequila, it might appear to be bad to everyone involved, but it turns out to be a great positive in the future.

Eric's Tequila drinking helped form Instinct, foil Scar on more than one occasion, and it helped Brandon and Chase now deal with their silent problem. Perhaps, tequila is actually the catalyst for a great deal of good and I will go one step forward by saying that Tequila is the unsung hero of LMTP and maybe changing lanes as it is now.

I'm surprised that Chase didn't at least carefully open Eric's jeans and dump the ice water. Although I think Brandon wanted to do in a measure of revenge.

B) ........I too was surprised, it seemed to be tempting enough. :lol: Besides it would have awakened poor Eric from his stupor. Actually, I think Chase let him (Eric) off too easy. Eric was contrite enough though, humm....I wonder how long his Tequila absence will last?? Next?? The islands of Scar?

• Site Administrator

Well, all ends well I guess :wacko: .

Thanks for the chapter CJ :worship: .

I kind of got a feeling that this chapter set up a lot of things to be seen in the future. A bit of foreshadowing I think.

Things like what really was the purpose of mentioning that Keith and Jansen had worked out the routine and were shrugged off by George. I just got the feeling that CJ gave us a bit of information that we need to store away for later.

Also, Jon's attitude and demeanor was kind of strange for this far into the story, if you include LTMP. I wonder if his level headed approach might let us foresee how he'll react if sh%t really hits the fan.

I'm glad that they both admitted that they had doubts about the wedding, and was glad to hear why Brandon had those doubts and now they were taken care of. Did anyone else notice though that Chase didn't really contribute to that conversation why his resolve to get married was even stronger? Wonder if he was just still pissed at Brandon and Eric at that point.

As far as Eric's promise, I have the feeling that he will fail miserably at that one. Somewhere him and a bottle of tequila will cross paths again, and my money is on the tequila.

Last thing I wanted to mention was thanks for giving us a bit more of Brandon, Chase and Jon. It was like old times. CJ, if your worried that the focus was lost on the current story, rest assured I was wondering through out the chapter what Jerry and the General were up to. Hard to keep me happy eh? :P

Thanks again,

Steve B)

Eric does truly regret what he did. He badly hurt his brother, and nearly did far worse. The question is, will he associate his bad actions with tequila, or with the fact it was a guy he was making out with? :)

Yea, besides the scar being back, Eric needs to go to see cody....

I wonder how the male strippers will go.

and a spelling mistake

He also said something to me last time he was on tequila, back in Sand

Francisco after he got caught kissing that guy, about you being hot. At the time I thought

he was joking, but when you called I did wonder for a second if he

Eric does truly regret what he did. He badly hurt his brother, and nearly did far worse. The question is, will he associate his bad actions with tequila, or with the fact it was a guy he was making out with? :)

T

B) .......Ah yes, Eric apology is acceptable, but the story lags somewhat. The settings of the main characters are already in place. The necessities are now done, it is time for a thriller to take charge of the story line, which I doubt the goat will deprive us of. I highly anticipate a bad mix up at the wedding.

Eric's Tequila drinking helped form Instinct, foil Scar on more than one occasion, and it helped Brandon and Chase now deal with their silent problem. Perhaps, tequila is actually the catalyst for a great deal of good and I will go one step forward by saying that Tequila is the unsung hero of LMTP and maybe changing lanes as it is now.

Now that you've mentioned it, it has been that way all but once. One time, it really did end up in disaster as Eric broke his leg. It could have been much worse, but I don't think that brought forth any positive change, at least none that I can remember. It's been almost a year already since the infamous Chapter 19 of LTMP and the infamous first post of Tiger. :P

• Site Administrator
Now that you've mentioned it, it has been that way all but once. One time, it really did end up in disaster as Eric broke his leg. It could have been much worse, but I don't think that brought forth any positive change, at least none that I can remember. It's been almost a year already since the infamous Chapter 19 of LTMP and the infamous first post of Tiger. :P

I thought Eric broke his leg rock climbing with The Shadows. Was Eric drinking at the time? I'll have to look back at that. Speaking of which, wonder if there will be another appearance of Zeke, Steve, and Wilde?

Even though it is only the 29th, an early Happy Anniversary to you Tim :D:music::2thumbs::great::hug:

That was quite some serenade! That was my favorite chapter so far. :D The last one was a hard act to follow. The ice down pants would have been funny but the couch may have lost a leg in the process. The drums had a slower but equaly unpleasant effect.

Did you say you were going to give us "buts of info needed for later... ?" That's a very goatlike thing to do. I hope this is not a forshadowing. I'm not quite ready to be poked py sharp horns. :P

To be honest, I read this chapter and was left with wondering where the magic of the story went. True, a number of things that needed to be addressed were seen here, but there's been no mention of the General or the Scar in at least a few chapters...

To be honest, I read this chapter and was left with wondering where the magic of the story went. True, a number of things that needed to be addressed were seen here, but there's been no mention of the General or the Scar in at least a few chapters...

B) .....I would have to say that the two weddings needed to be addressed prior to sending our heros off into danger!! CLIFFHANGERS AHEAD!! :blink:

That was quite some serenade! That was my favorite chapter so far. :D The last one was a hard act to follow. The ice down pants would have been funny but the couch may have lost a leg in the process. The drums had a slower but equaly unpleasant effect.

Did you say you were going to give us "buts of info needed for later... ?" That's a very goatlike thing to do. I hope this is not a forshadowing. I'm not quite ready to be poked py sharp horns. :P

LoL!!

Me and my typos. :)

Chase is fond of drums mixed with hangovers. LoL!

Good point. :)

I was worried about that myself. The General's storyline is basically on hold until it's time for him to leave for the Cape Verde islands. For plot reasons, so is The Scar's. There wasn't really much going on that wouldn't have been filler in their regard, during couple of days around Jim's wedding. The events around Jim's wedding were originally planned to be one chapter in the outline, but it grew when i wrote it. That left The General's subplot high and dry until Ch 12. I didn't intend this, but it happened, and I couldn't see a way to fix it without filer, and I hate filler.

One way around it would have been to delay the last planning scene with The General until Ch 11, and I should have done so (it would have still fit ok, timeline-wise) but by the time I'd realized the problem, I'd already posted the chapter it was in.

B) .....I would have to say that the two weddings needed to be addressed prior to sending our heros off into danger!! CLIFFHANGERS AHEAD!! :blink:

Cliffhangers?!?!?! But I never use cliffhangers!!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..