[David McLeod] In The Prince's Secret Service

Chapter 9, "Incursions of Evil," of In the Prince's Secret Service finds the companions facing new dangers, including what may be bacteriological warfare. The unexplained absence of a village's cleric-healer only deepens the mystery. Will magic and old-fashioned herbal remedies suffice? Please leave your thoughts and observations, here. Thank you!

• Site Moderator

The dream was the real indicator as to what happened at the Temple. The person, or persons, responsible may have straightened things up before leaving missing the spot of blood that was found. This way it gave the appearance that the Cleric had left.

The disease in the village was a surprise. They handled it well. I liked the part when they visited the temple. Very mysterious. I need to know more about it.

The dream was the real indicator as to what happened at the Temple. The person, or persons, responsible may have straightened things up before leaving missing the spot of blood that was found. This way it gave the appearance that the Cleric had left.

Uh, oh. Once again, it looks as if the readers are a step ahead of the translators. :D

• Site Moderator

I don't think the kidnappers were a part of the greater evil. If they had been, I don't think they would have been taken down so easily. The elf probably could have seen them coming.

The network is slowly growing as they do manage to find someone in each place they've been to.

I don't think the kidnappers were a part of the greater evil. If they had been, I don't think they would have been taken down so easily. The elf probably could have seen them coming.

The network is slowly growing as they do manage to find someone in each place they've been to.

Great fleas have little fleas, upon their backs to bite 'em.

Little ones have lesser ones, and so ad infinitum.

You're right; the kidnappers were probably only peripherally Evil; on the other hand, it all counts for 20. Now there's a mixed metaphor!

A gripping chapter. I truly suspected one of the boys was dead. I'm glad they were able to rescue them.

Given the way the boys were treated, it was a bit of a surprise that they both survived; however, the original author of "The Book of Heroes" seems to like happy endings. :D Thank you for posting!

• Site Moderator

Quite the adventure this go round. That was a nice share they received for the valuables recovered. That should help keep them going for some time on this adventure.

With the Troll mage, I'm reminded of some vampire lore. Kill the Sire, destroy the underlings.

Chapter 15, "Spymaster's Summons," of the story, In the Prince's Secret Service, has been posted to eFiction. The five companions renew friendships as they journey back to the town of Fortmain, only to find that they have been summoned to the capital city of Arcadia by the Prince's Chief Spy. This story will conclude next week. Please leave comments and questions here. Thank you!

Read ITPSS yesterday, all of it, since I've started with The Translator and then GoSI...and Master of Fire....ALL of which are tied together excellently, by the way, Mark.

Now, the stories: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, and Excellent.

Now, the demand: More, More, More, and More!

The Translator sort of left of in a middle...and MoF is progressing nicely...

A lot of the stories are concluding. Is the main story George going to book 2? Is there more stories starting up?

"George of Sedona" has several more chapters to go...and may continue past that. "In the Prince's Secret Service" will conclude; however, the adventure and characters will continue in a new story.

Now, the stories: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, and Excellent.

Now, the demand: More, More, More, and More!

The Translator sort of left of in a middle...and MoF is progressing nicely...

Thank you very much for your kind words! The continuation of "The Translator" is being developed; "Master of Fire" had a way to go...and may be delayed, slightly. (Sorry to have to say that, but I'd rather you knew ahead of time.) It will be completed, of that you may be sure.

Chapter 16, "The First Intelligence Committee," brings the end of the story, In the Prince's Secret Service, one of the many stories in "The Book of Heroes." After "spring break," we will see Patrick, Alan, Thom, James, and Kenneth reunite for another adventure, "The Restoration of the O'Lachlan." This story will take them to the western marches of Arcadia on a mission of their own devising. Look for this, soon. Please leave comments and questions here. Thank you to all Readers, Reviewers, and Posters!

• 2 months later...

Well, I'm only up to chapter 4 at the minute, as I was very late on the bandwagon of this excellent series.

What I find so engaging is David's attention to detail and sheer creativity. This I have found, is quite rare in stories of this genre, but he manages to do it effortlessly.

I

...What I find so engaging is David's attention to detail...

Wow! Thanks for reading, and for your thoughts. I'm never quite sure how much detail is needed to create a scene without overpowering the reader, and especially appreciate your thoughts in that regard.