Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Happy New Year!

Happy New Years CJ....

Btw... i'm re-reading For the Love and i'm at chapter 20 and so far... i've counted 6 cliffies...

You really are evil! Even using a cliffie in the first chapter!

Tsk tsk tsk goat....

Eric ;)

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and share
. :)

Watch it in full screen. It's worth it, and gives us something to look forward to.

BTW, Safe for Work.

Happy New Year!!!

CJ :):hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

B) ............... :lol: ..............I've kept this vid. on my bookmark for a couple of months now, it is a favorite, especially since he is using Pink Floyd as background music!!(BTW, global warming?? been the coldest start of a winter here in Vegas in decades)

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator
I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and share
. :)

Watch it in full screen. It's worth it, and gives us something to look forward to.

CJ :):hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I........... :angry:

How can............ :angry:

Evil Goat :angry:

B) ............... :lol: ..............I've kept this vid. on my bookmark for a couple of months now, it is a favorite, especially since he is using Pink Floyd as background music!!(BTW, global warming?? been the coldest start of a winter here in Vegas in decades)

Global warming was last year's news. Scientists say we have now entered a period of global cooling. It's a natural 15-20 year cycle; man has very little to do with it. No need in everyone going crazy over the weather just to make a certain other person wealthier than he already is.

Global warming was last year's news. Scientists say we have now entered a period of global cooling. It's a natural 15-20 year cycle; man has very little to do with it. No need in everyone going crazy over the weather just to make a certain other person wealthier than he already is.

I slightly disagree, sort of, though I mainly agree. :)

I think that the "manmade global warming" fears are being exploited by unscrupulous politicians (and oxymoron, I know) in order to saddle us with new taxes. :rolleyes:

The US Senate rejected Kyoto unanimously for a reason. (they are rarely unanimous about anything at all, but they were on this). The economic costs are staggering, and all for a problem that does not exist.

Personally, I feel that the current decrease in global temperatures are more closely related to the current low level of activity on the sun. The start of solar cycle 24 (if it has even started yet) is late, and anemic. The solar heliosphere is shrinking, caused by an overall drop in the pressure of the solar wind. It is entirely possible that we're looking at a new Dalton minimum, or worse yet, a Maunder Minimum (the latter caused the Little Ice Age in the middle ages)

As for manmade global warming, the first thing that changed my mind on it was the observation of retreating ice caps.. on mars! Some of the out planet moons exhibited similar signs. That made claims that retreating ice on Earth was caused by pollution rather dubious.

The clincher for me was the study of the Vostock Ice Cores: they do show a corolation between atmospheric CO2 and temperature. However, detailed analysis has proven a 600-900 year lag between temperature increase and CO2, so the CO2 is not causal.

Lastly, the computer models; even before the current cooling trend, the global warming models did not correctly model past climate, so they were highly dubious even before the current cooling (ongoing, since about 2001) debunked them.

I'll also mention that the number of climate scientists who believe in manmade global warming is decreasing rapidly.

Now, as for my heartwarming video... 0:) I feel that's an accurate description, because if an asteroid that size did hit (from the look of it, it's about the size of Vespa) it would warm everyone's heart, along with the rest of their bodies, by a couple of hundred degrees. :)

CJ :ph34r:

Heartwarming huh?

I watched the video and noticed that the you wiped out the ancient Greeks too. That's what they get for eating goat cheese. :P

I guess that "warms" everything...and I thought you didn't like your goat nuts roasted over an open fire.

By the way, acording to recent thoeries it was an asteroid impact which created our moon. It is the easiest way to explain why the Earth and the moon have such different compositions.

I think that the "manmade global warming" fears are being exploited by unscrupulous politicians (and oxymoron, I know) in order to saddle us with new taxes.

"Unscrupulous politicians" an oxymoron? Maybe a redundancy.

Personally, I feel that the current decrease in global temperatures are more closely related to the current low level of activity on the sun.

"The current decrease in global temperatures...more closely related to the current low level of activity on the sun" is what I call "natural".

Global warming (i.e, the warming since 1977) is over. The minute increase of anthropogenic CO2 in the atmosphere (0.008%) was not the cause of the warming

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..