Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Changing Lanes 21

• Site Moderator

Chapter 21 - Surprises- has been posted.

Time to go read.

This chapter lives up to it's title. I have to admit, I didn't see Eric's offer coming. Although, I do think Eric has at least one semi-surprise up his sleeve.

And way to go Jane.

• Site Administrator

Hmmm, CJ must have made a new year's resolution to not write any more evil cliffhangers by the way that chapter ended :P .

Don't have too much time to comment, but something came to mind for the exchange between the General and The Scar. CJ has us wondering about chemical equations and such and lemons. For the military people/readers out there, isn't a hand grenade about the same size as a large lemon? A little paint and all of a sudden the Iranians don't know what is being thrown at them.

Like I said, don't know anything about guns and weapons, so if I'm totally off base, let me know, it won't hurt my feelings :D .

Thanks for the chapter CJ,

Steve B)

Love the chapter.

Jon sure did rile up Eric. I have to admit Eric staying off the tequilla. More to ya.

Eric sure is showing how much he loves his brothers vs losing them over a bottle of the stuff.

I am glad their mom is coming its going to be very big surprise and shock.

I hope its not going to be brief and expect a lot of mix feelings and crying boys and mom.

I figured that Eric would pitch the club thing. It would make him happy to help his new friends.

Keep him busy and still have income coming in - in case the band shuts down due to how people feel about them.

But if the country is ok then the band will be just as strong.

It be great for them to be a family again

The big question is Brandon family.

Would they have a parallel story as the Carlisle Parents?

The father being the bad guy.

Great chapter, Cliff! Thanks.

You really eased off the cliffhangers this time. Are you taking the hint from your most vociferous readers or are you beginning to feel the vertigo that comes from such a long time on the edge of the precipice? If that volcano wasn't still with us, I would be tempted to issue a you-know-what.

Three cheers for Cliff James everybody! Jump.gif

Yay, Loved the chapter. Mom coming will definitely be a surprise. Sooooo.....who is gonna take who's last name? Is Chase the "wife" or is Brandon? Hrm....Chase Wolf...or Brandon Carlisle? Heheh, the Carlisle Brothers!

Now...all I have left to say is.....

Everyone should join EJITE!!! :wub:

Can't wait for the next chapter, things are definitely starting to take off.

Jon

Love the chapter.

I hope its not going to be brief and expect a lot of mix feelings and crying boys and mom.

I figured that Eric would pitch the club thing. It would make him happy to help his new friends.

Keep him busy and still have income coming in - in case the band shuts down due to how people feel about them.

I don't think the mom will continue seeing the boys that much and we have no idea how the boys will react. I doubt it would be the same or really big happy family.

It seems that Brandon and Chase weren't the only ones that enjoyed the dance ;)

I'm thinking it might be Felicia and Then General vs the scar later on.

Edited by Drewbie
I don't think the mom will continue seeing the boys that much and we have no idea how the boys will react. I doubt it would be the same or really big happy family.

B)..........I think this will go well and better than expected, Mom has to take to whole package or lose. Meanwhile Brandon's parents are still MIA in this saga!!

It seems that Brandon and Chase weren't the only ones that enjoyed the dance ;)

B)...........Yeppers! Even Jon seemed concerned over Eric's wandering eye.

I'm thinking it might be Felicia and Then General vs the scar later on.

B)..........I think you may have hit the nail on the head in that one, the General may heed advice from Felicia regarding mistrust of the Scar.

B) ..........Overall a good chapter, little volcanic activity never bother the locals before!! :lol: I'm wondering of the range of the C-130's as far as fuel wise. Would the General risk going back to Scar's hideout? Or will he make an unscheduled stop to pick up a distressed wedding party? Or is the goat is awaiting the annual vote before the adding the cliffhangers??

Hmmm, CJ must have made a new year's resolution to not write any more evil cliffhangers by the way that chapter ended :P .

Don't have too much time to comment, but something came to mind for the exchange between the General and The Scar. CJ has us wondering about chemical equations and such and lemons. For the military people/readers out there, isn't a hand grenade about the same size as a large lemon? A little paint and all of a sudden the Iranians don't know what is being thrown at them.

Like I said, don't know anything about guns and weapons, so if I'm totally off base, let me know, it won't hurt my feelings :D .

Thanks for the chapter CJ,

Steve B)

Well, you know I never use cliffhangers. Why would now be any different? 0:)

BTW, regarding the lemons... I can state categorically that you are either correct, or not. :)

Love the chapter.

Jon sure did rile up Eric. I have to admit Eric staying off the tequilla. More to ya.

Eric sure is showing how much he loves his brothers vs losing them over a bottle of the stuff.

It be great for them to be a family again

The big question is Brandon family.

Would they have a parallel story as the Carlisle Parents?

The father being the bad guy.

I just thought y'all might like to have a laugh at the original scene where Helen met the Carlise's mom at the jet.. This was changed for the posted chapter, but below is the original.

Walking down the Learjet

Well goat... I do have to say that this chapter was a huge change from your other ones... it was slower paced and well... left out the CLIFFS!

Hmmm me thinks that something is gonna happen between Jansen and Eric when he teaches him how to errrr.... dance :)

You better be hookin up my namesake with a decent guy CJ! :P

Eric :)

This was the bestest chapter ever in any story written by an animal!!!

:wub:B):D:worship::2thumbs:

It was orgasmic! There were some great happenings:

Male strippers

Pool party

the perfect bachelor party for Brandon and Chase

Eric making serious amends for his previous tequila-induced behaviour

Keith and Jansen are now part of the Carlisle family

Mommy will be at the wedding

I couldn't be happier. :D:D

Eric's my hero! :wub:

Conner

• Site Administrator

'Cause we are nearing the release of the next chapter, I am beginning to wonder more about the lemons that the general requested.

I made an earlier guess at what they may be used for, but then I noticed that part of the supplies that the general requested was 5000 hand grenades. Doesn't that strike you as being a bit useless for such a small attack force. Even if there was 50 people going (which I'm not sure is accurate, I'm guessing around 12 people), that would be 100 hand grenades each. There has been no mention of and ground vehicles being brought in on the Hercules, how will they transport and use these grenades.

I'm beginning to wonder if the lemons being painted and the real grenades might be a way of scaring away the Iranians if dropped from the Hercs.

Any ideas out there?

Steve B)

Edit to add: Do any other airforces other than the Canadians refer to the C-130's as Hercules??

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator
Edit to add: Do any other airforces other than the Canadians refer to the C-130's as Hercules??

Australian's call them Hercules, too. :)

As for the lemons, I still have no real idea. Your comment about making them look like grenades is as good as any others I've heard.

Time to go read.

This chapter lives up to it's title. I have to admit, I didn't see Eric's offer coming. Although, I do think Eric has at least one semi-surprise up his sleeve.

And way to go Jane.

Thanks Jan!!

I think Jansen has a few surprises too. :)

Well goat... I do have to say that this chapter was a huge change from your other ones... it was slower paced and well... left out the CLIFFS!

Hmmm me thinks that something is gonna happen between Jansen and Eric when he teaches him how to errrr.... dance

You better be hookin up my namesake with a decent guy CJ!

Eric :)

Thank you Eric! Well, yes, left out the cliffs, like all the CL chapters.

Antonov_An-225 or Antonov An-124 for Russian cargo planes that the black market use?

I'll have to look that up, as I can't remember. I learned of the bust, and the size of the cargo fleet, when it happened, and that's been a while. :)

This was the bestest chapter ever in any story written by an animal!!!

It was orgasmic! There were some great happenings:

Male strippers

Pool party

the perfect bachelor party for Brandon and Chase

Eric making serious amends for his previous tequila-induced behaviour

Keith and Jansen are now part of the Carlisle family

Mommy will be at the wedding

I couldn't be happier. :D:D

Eric's my hero! :wub:

Conner

Thank you Conner!

Yep, that pool party was fun. :)

Poor Eric... He is worried what Brandon and Chase will do when they learn of the volcano, but, they already know and are letting him stew. :lmao:

I really liked this chapter. I like your ideas about cake decorating. :P

There is one little typo though:

"Jansen handed them each a shot of whiskey, and then Eric said,

As for the lemons, I still have no real idea. Your comment about making them look like grenades is as good as any others I've heard.

We say Hercules too for the C130, but sometimes the whole name or just C130.

All this talk of lemons is leaving a sour taste in my mouth....

But I wonder...

B) ..........Lemons maybe a mystery, but not a cliffhanger!! Leaving a body outside a bagel shop!! Priceless!!!

• Site Administrator
Here's an interesting set of lateral problem-solving riddles. The only way to solve them is to abandon ALL assumptions and rely ONLY on the information given. Then, they are easy.

Sadly, I only got one of the seven right :( .

I especially did bad on ones involving women :wacko: .

I think CJ is withholding the cliffs until after the voting. I think he's afraid that otherwise we'll vote him the GOAT* of Cliffs.

*Greatest Of All Time

Edit: 6/7 on the lateral thinking problems. The one about the girl opening the cellar door isn't a good question. (Reason in spoilers.)

There's nothing about the riddle to suggest what the correct answer would be. There are many possible answers, all of which are equally sensible to the "correct" answer. Even if you make the lateral jump to assume the girl is kept in her basement, there's nothing unique about a living room and garden that would make them any more logical of an answer than a kitchen, a hallway, or a bedroom would be.

Edited by BlueSoxSWJ

The "Hercules" name is the official one, used worldwide as far as I know.

Sometimes, official names do not catch on. One example I can think of is the F-16. The official name is Falcon, but the pilots call them "Vipers". Another example is the M1 Abrams tank, refered to be its crews (and in orders on the command net and even in the IVIS display) as "Battlestars".

Sadly, I only got one of the seven right :( .

I especially did bad on ones involving women :wacko: .

See what I mean about having to dispense with all assumptions? :)

Tactical planning is much like that, except you can (and should) take into account (and exploit) enemy assumptions. :)

I think CJ is withholding the cliffs until after the voting. I think he's afraid that otherwise we'll vote him the GOAT* of Cliffs.

*Greatest Of All Time

Edit: 6/7 on the lateral thinking problems. The one about the girl opening the cellar door isn't a good question. (Reason in spoilers.)

There's nothing about the riddle to suggest what the correct answer would be. There are many possible answers, all of which are equally sensible to the "correct" answer. Even if you make the lateral jump to assume the girl is kept in her basement, there's nothing unique about a living room and garden that would make them any more logical of an answer than a kitchen, a hallway, or a bedroom would be.

No need to withhold and cliffies (If I ever used any), because the 2008 awards are limited to stories and chapters in 2008. So, therefor, even, hypothetically, were I to post a cliffhanger now, it could not count. :)

Great point about the celler door riddle. That';s the one I got wrong, just couldn't figure it out. There was no mention of which side of the door she was on, so I looked at it from both sides, but couldn't figure it out. I think you're right; insufficient info.

Time to go read.

And way to go Jane.

Really, really have enjoyed all of C James' work. Kept reading and reading till the wee hours. Can't wait for the next chapter to be ready for reading...................

Really, really have enjoyed all of C James' work. Kept reading and reading till the wee hours. Can't wait for the next chapter to be ready for reading...................

Hi AJ!!

Thank you, and welcome to the forums!!! :) Chapter 23 will be out soon, (something less than ten minutes form now, unless the final check turns up problems).

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..