The Things You Fear The Most

Really glad to have Matty back. Really frustrated to find out that the story isn't getting any less complex. But it is getting better!

As an aside: you may recall that we began with a potato. Now, we're faced with carrots. I'm sure there's some hidden meaning in the vegetables.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really glad to have Matty back. Really frustrated to find out that the story isn't getting any less complex. But it is getting better!

As an aside: you may recall that we began with a potato. Now, we're faced with carrots. I'm sure there's some hidden meaning in the vegetables.

Glad to be back, David :)

I must admit, I took a bit of a sabbatical after the end of Chapter Five. Writing that final scene had left me in a bit of a weird place, and I took quite a few weeks to just sit back and not even think about writing. Then, when I did get the creative urge again, it was to write something completely different. I flirted with the idea of entering the GA novella competition (so much so that I actually plotted and dot-pointed a whole novella, then wrote in excess of 5,000 words). The whole thing felt kinda forced though, and I didn't like the voice that I'd involuntarily adopted. So I pretty much blew it up, took a couple of the strongest characters away and started writing a whole new story for them.

(You can read a preview of that story here, by the way)

Anyway, back to the story...

Chapter Six - Part I actually felt kinda weak from a writing point of view. Will's gone through a couple of important personal developments, but it didn't really feel like anything actually happened. That's why I had to label it 'Part I', because I didn't feel it was strong enough to stand on its own as a chapter. Well, that and the fact that my original Chapter Six story arc is going to take approximately 20,000 words to complete. That means there'll be three parts in all. And by the end of Part III, the picture might just be a whole lot clearer.

Or not ;)

We're getting to the really meaty part of the story though, so strap on your seatbelts!

I like your vegetable-related conspiracy theories, too.

Anyway, keep an eye out for Part II over the next couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Matt.