Where have you lived?

Tiger

I figured since I just moved a couple months ago, I'd start a topic about this. Now, I don't expect the names of towns as some like to keep that private it.

I have lived in Kansas City, Missouri as well as several small towns with in 60 miles of it. One was called Pleasanton, Kansas. I just moved from there, but I also lived there when I was very young. I also lived in another town close to Pleasanton called Mound City. I really liked that town. It's where I lived when I first started going to school. I also lived in a very small town on the Missouri side called Amoret. I didn't really like that town at all. Then there was a town in southeast Missouri that I lived in called Bertrand. It was about 2 hours south from St. Louis and two hours north of Memphis. Now I lived in a town called Waxahachie, Texas. It's not extremely large, but it's much bigger than most of the others in which I have lived. The only exception, of course, is Kansas City. So, now I'm curious about where others have lived and whether or not they've moved great distances. If the names of the towns are not to your liking, regions and/or proximity to major cities is just fine. :D

Hum, Las Vegas, Nevada, Barstow Ca., San Diego, Ca. (Where I graduated from High School) Dallas, Texas, back to San Diego and then back to Vegas

Where have I lived? That is a difficult question. I can't remember all the lifetimes and people that I've been.

I remember Babylon and her Hanging Gardens,

They called us the Immortals there

In the land of the rivers crescent.

In Macedon I met a noble prince

and followed him across the world

but after a summer of conquest

came a very long fall

In Carthage I stood upon the walls

in service of a king most fair

The Romans bleed in horrific war

killed us all and picked the corpses bare

Again against Rome I losed my sword

In a place called Massada

Again the hoardes came and picked our bones

In the land some call Holy.

Upon the Steepes from the East

came a plague called the Khan

His riderers spread across the horizon

At a last stand in Prague we broke them

and they receeded like the tide.

The Popes called for a rightious Crusade

So pilgrims could visit the holy lands

In pluder the noble lost their vision

Many Lords of Chrisendom fell into heathen hands.

At Agincout I joined Prince Henry

and his merry few

All the might of France fell that day

and there in the mud we slew.

Against the Franco Emperor,

Prussia's horsemen stood like a wall

Pressed we were to the bitter end

We were at Waterloo to see him fall.

Once again heeding freedom's cry

This time in the Brave New World

At Shiloh and Vicksburg we broke the gray

we saw the end of slavery

a worthy reason to die.

In Flanders field we fough the Kaiser

And broke his imperial ambition

There we saw the horror of modern war

and endless battles of attrition.

Barely a generation later after an unjust peace,

We fought against the evil one,

The coming of a horrible beast

Europe lay broken even after the war was one.

When freedom is at stake,

There is no need to call.

The Immortals will always be there

Until the day we can finally rest

and there is freedom for all.

I was born in Kingston, Pennsylvania.

I lived first in Lee Park in Hanover Township from 1985 until 1987.

Then moved from the valley to the mountains to Nuangola Station in Rice Township. From 1987 until 2005.

Finally moved to Montreal, Quebec during July 2005.

In Montreal, I lived in four different apartments in three different districts.

I'm a student. It's normal for us to move a lot in Montreal since the leases usually only last for a year.

Born in Geneva (Switzerland)

at 18, left to College and University (FIT) in Zurich, 5 years

first job in Zug, 2 years

second job in Sierre (swiss mountains), 2 years

third job in Lausanne (Lake of Geneva), 7 years

then managing my own companies in Lausanne, then in a nice village above the lake, later in Zurich, Oran (Algeria) and Paris and back in Lausanne, 38 years

living now since 1993 in Geneva gallery_2665_16_64156.jpg

BTW, if I summarize all my movings, I moved with my family about 27 times ! I could have been a gipsy :P .

When springtime arrives, the trend to move is so strong.... :lol: .

Edited by old bob

That is certainly interesting. I think I should go for an order of states: Missouri, Kansas, Missouri, Kansas, and Texas.

Edited by Tiger

• Site Moderator

I was born and raised in Marion, Indiana. In 1992, I moved to Pottstown, PA and have lived in this area since. The County is also consider a suburb of Philly.

sydney, sydney sydney :) But fetus-sophie lived in the UK for a bit.

Lol. You made my night with "fetus-sophie" :wub:

For me it's been Kentucky... pretty much the same town all my life as well.. two different houses though.

England for my whole life except I lived in Israel for a year in 1995.

If I manage to knuckle down with studying and actually pass this year then I'm off to Japan in September. Eeep!

1987 - Born in Boynton Beach, Florida, lived in Boca Raton, Florida until I was 9. Technically we lived in a place called "West Boca", supposedly the richer area, but it's not an actual place on a map, so Boca Raton was our mailing address.

1996 - Moved to Flemington, New Jersey.

2005 - Graduated HS and moved to Pomona, New Jersey, 20 minutes west of Atlantic City, New Jersey, where I attended college for 3 years. I lived there for six semesters and lived at home in F-town during summer and winter breaks. Governor John Corzine's government SUV made it's famous 90 MPH wreck less than a mile from where I was. I remember the helicopters roaring overhead as I walked to class as they carried him to the hospital in nearby Galloway Township.

2008 - Moved back to F-town.

Sometimes I get the urge to move closer to my current school, Rutgers University in New Brunswick/Piscataway, but it's cheaper to commute every day.

I hope to be living in Denver/Boulder/Golden, Colorado or Oak Ridge, Tennessee for a period of 10 weeks this summer. We'll see.

Edited by rknapp

Only in India...won't bother with the dates, though....

Starting with the earliest place I can remember, I have lived in --->

Pune (Maharashtra) - That's a beautiful town near Mumbai...

Kalingpong (Sikkim) - A scenic and small-ish town near Darjeeling.

Kolkata (West Bengal) - The third largest metropolis in India.

Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir) - Need I say anything?

Pathankot (Punjab) - A nice town, almost a gateway to J&K.

Gaya (Bihar) - The historic town of Bodh Gaya, where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment.

New Delhi - The capital of the country

Chandigarh - A federally (centrally, here) governed territory and the capital of Punjab as well as Haryana. A beautiful city, and my birthplace... :)

Phew....

BeaStKid :devil:

England for my whole life except I lived in Israel for a year in 1995.

If I manage to knuckle down with studying and actually pass this year then I'm off to Japan in September. Eeep!

Lol I'm going to Japan in September too XD Though I'm only going for 3 weeks, as this is where you lived I'm guessing you're staying there, probably to teach english? Thats what my friends doing.

Anyway just lived here in Wales my whole life, haven't even moved out of the county. In fact only moved house once when, and that was when I was about 2... Farm life I guess :lol: