Irrational Fears, what are yours?

NaperVic

I think Steve mentioned in a blog (not the one about being a Pr*ck in a previous life :lol: ) but about the evil puff of air glaucoma test that eye doctor perform. To this day, I still jump or blink my eyes early whenever I have to take that test. Rationally speaking, I know it won't hurt, so why do I still jump?

Then I started thinking what are my other irrational fears? Here they are:

1) Eye/Puff of air test

2) Opening up a tube of refrigerator dough like Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls or Biscuits - I always hold my breath or squint my eyes because I'm afraid that stuff will come flying out or explode all over the place

3) Popping a balloon - Still can't do it :(

What are yours?

ok, I'm a big sissy, so sue me :P

I think Steve mentioned in a blog (not the one about being a Pr*ck in a previous life :lol: ) but about the evil puff of air glaucoma test that eye doctor perform. To this day, I still jump or blink my eyes early whenever I have to take that test. Rationally speaking, I know it won't hurt, so why do I still jump?

Then I started thinking what are my other irrational fears? Here they are:

1) Eye/Puff of air test

2) Opening up a tube of refrigerator dough like Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls or Biscuits - I always hold my breath or squint my eyes because I'm afraid that stuff will come flying out or explode all over the place

3) Popping a balloon - Still can't do it :(

What are yours?

ok, I'm a big sissy, so sue me :P

Nah, we all have a bit of 'sissy' in us. I can never pop a balloon either. The one time I actually did, though, was an accident and I freaked out thinking it would blow up in my face! :lol:

Also (and I know how silly this must sound), I sometimes worry that my parents or people around me can hear my thoughts. So if I have a crush on someone and fantasize about them I get paranoid and wonder if they're seeing me see them in my head. :blink:

I actually do suffer from Glaucoma, so I am not afraid of that.

1. I am afraid of darkness and silence together. I am fine with either separately, but if they occur together like walking alone at night; I am really afraid. It's just eerie and you are expecting something from nothing.

2. This is a recurring dream of mine and a deep fear; I am afraid to have gained everything I could ever desire, but lose everything I ever loved. I blame this on a high school course, where we watched Citizen Kane and talked about the meanings behind it.

Irrational right or prophetic?

I can't touch fish especially when it still has it's head on! Even fillets are a struggle, I tend to use a slice & maneuver them that way if I have to cook them. Strangely enough I can eat tuna, go figure!

Also, any dead mice or birds left my cats, I cannot pick them up, totally grosses me out. Have to get the pooper scooper to move them. :lol:

Totally laughing about the tube of dough and not the least apologetic. :P

Rubber bands. Specifically when people stretch them in a way that resembles shooting them. Really freaks me out. :(

Totally laughing about the tube of dough and not the least apologetic. :P

Rubber bands. Specifically when people stretch them in a way that resembles shooting them. Really freaks me out. :(

Well that's good to know. One of my hidden talents: I'm practically a marksman with a rubber band. :2hands:

Mine are:

1.heights...but if im on an airplane i have to be in a window seat so i can see whats going on or i flip out

2. After Death...i have scared myself into a pit of pondering about what will happen to me after i die (i.e. heaven or hell, reincarnation or am i just a lost soul floating into the pits of space)

Mine are:

1.heights...but if im on an airplane i have to be in a window seat so i can see whats going on or i flip out

2. After Death...i have scared myself into a pit of pondering about what will happen to me after i die (i.e. heaven or hell, reincarnation or am i just a lost soul floating into the pits of space)

I wouldn't have said heights was irrational. But after death is weird man! :lol:

Being in an enclosed space, which is funny caves don't bother me. Lately I notice that I get uncomfortable with two many people in a room, I need to get space.

• Site Moderator

For me, it's height. We have a piece of equipment we use at work that goes up maybe 30 ft. It tends to wobble some when I get up that high. Put me on 200, 300, or 400 ft. coaster and there's no problem at all.

Umm, Mine is canned dog food, because of the smell and the horse testies that I've seen. YUCK!!! and also Bird poo. Participially Seagull poo. that makes me barf like a trooper.

I'm a demi-sissy I think. :)

I can only think of three at the time. lol

1. Identical twins

2. Other people reading my thoughts.

3. Getting stuck and unable to move what-so-ever.

:P

See, I always thought of identical twins as being erotic. :P

Irrational fears huh? Hmmm

I honestly can't think of any off hand. I'm hesitant around snakes and spiders, but not debilitatingly so and I don't think it's all that irrational since they might be poisonous.

I used to have a phobia of blades, and cheese graters, but I'm mostly over it now.

I'm perhaps a mild germaphobe, but not too bad.

I actually do suffer from Glaucoma, so I am not afraid of that.

:hug:

sorry to hear that :(

Oddly enough I no longer have a fear of death, I went thru to much shit, prolonged pain is something I wouldn't want to feel before death, but it would only be excruciating pain that I would fear now.