OMG - I am so upset, please tell me you are all ok

Here in Australia we have just got news of what has been happening in London. This is horrendous!

Please can all our UK friends tell us they are ok?

My thoughts are with you completely, I am an Aussie (so felt the Bali bombings), I was in NY for 9/11 and was also in London when there were bombings from the IRA........how dare people ever justify killing innocents or anyone.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, I just want to hear you are all ok

Love Always,

Lore

I am so sorry, I dont know how to tell you to comfort someone, except dont use trite comments, sorry if that sounds silly, but, say nothing rather than say "it will be ok". Just hold him, just lend your strength. Believe me, many of us in Australia will not sleep tonight as we cry for our "mother land". And what we know it is like to go through.

Hugs to you,

Lore

xx

Edited by lobaiga

Thank you all who've shown your care and concern. I'm in central london having come into work without knowing what was happening and on the route where a bus had earlier been destroyed. Our transport system is shut down. There are so far 20 fatalities and 90 seriously injured. It could, chas v'shalom, have been very much worse but the grief and shock is overwhelming. Our Prime Minister is abandoning the G8 summit to come to London. We've all been asked not to travel if we can avoid it so I'm staying here. There isn't much any of us can do but I've stuck my name the list for volunteer interpreters in case there's any need. We haven't been asked to give blood - the numbers of injured are thankfully too small. My little brother is out with friends and can't be contacted but we know that he has gone to south London and left before the attacks started so we are fully confident that he's safe.

peace and loving kindness,

J

Fortunately most of the people I know are pretty far north of London, but my bf has some friends down there. I called him when he was on his lunch break at work to tell him what had happened, he's really concerned but I have the numbers of a few people he knows there so have been trying to contact them. I'm totally stunned by this, but as sumbloke said, it could have been a lot lot worse, I'm thanking whatever force out there stopped this from being complete and utter devestation.

As for people claiming it, Al Qaeda have apparently stepped forward and said it's there doing. It's just so f**king stupid, what do they hope to gain from killing innocent people?? I'm so sad and annoyed right now, I'm not going to post anymore since I'll just end up ranting.

From those of us in the States who have been through 9/11 (I live in NJ and lost people I knew...my sister lost around 80 co workers from her old job from about 10 yrs ago, including her former boss from her former job). It was just so beyond horror and so is what happened in London.

It is devastating and beyond horror. Lots of Hugs and Prayers and tears and we are with you in our hearts, minds and prayers. The senselessness and such horror of it all. I will never understand the barbaric minds that do this. Never.

It paralyzes me and numbs my mind to all that pain and horror. It upsets us all and anger just doesn't describe it. Pure absolute horror at such inhumanity!!!

My prayers and thoughts go with you in London. I pray and hope you are all safe and that none of your loved ones are lost or hurt or worse.

I don't know what else to say but good karma, prayers and love and hugs sent your way and my deepest hopes that you are all ok.

Prayers and Love and Hugs,

Michael

Edited by Rocketcnj

There are times that I know my anger and frustration will get the best of me, and I know to avoid letting my thoughts go in a certain direction. This generally leaves me appearing emotionally flat and unconcerned in times of great horror. I am deeply saddened at the tragic loss of life and safety through acts of terror, and send my deepest sympathies to any of our group here who have friends or family members affected by these barbarous acts.

Snow Dog

One world sums it all up, VILE, nothing else needs to be said to describe it.

I believe the death tolls are unfortunately higher than they have said, after all anything that goes boom in a confined space is incredably nasty. I all so believe the terrorists timed it very intelligently, peak hour, when emergency services have been diverted to G8, just after the olympics anouncement, clearly an attempt to make it as vicous as possible.

My condolences to those killed and injured and their families.

I wish those injured a speedy recovery and hope that London's truely unique culture and way of life hasn't been permanently damaged.

I just spent a good chunk of the day (and my phone bill), calling the few relatives I have in London. Thankfully all are ok. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I also hope that the people who are responsible for the attack on my mother land are hunted down and brought to justice like the vermin they are!!!

There are times that I know my anger and frustration will get the best of me, and I know to avoid letting my thoughts go in a certain direction.  This generally leaves me appearing emotionally flat and unconcerned in times of great horror.  I am deeply saddened at the tragic loss of life and safety through acts of terror, and send my deepest sympathies to any of our group here who have friends or family members affected by these barbarous acts.

Snow Dog

You expressed my feelings exactly. Thanks.

• Site Administrator

My heart goes out to all the people with loved ones in London. Terrorists need to be destroyed, and the sooner, the better.

I replied to Sumbloke's post, but I thought I would also post here. Can't ever send out to much love. I know all to well the fear and pain you all are feeling.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Hugs

Mag