That was so much fun... NOT

Myr

• Site Administrator

Upgrading the forums was more fun that I can possible describe.

I'm still bug hunting, so you can expect to see a few.

• Like 5

Thanks Myr,

Now Let's all find ways to enjoy this new forum by having a forum opening party! :2thumbs:

Does anyone know where the 'go to newest unread post' button got to in the 'view new topics' option? I tend to prefer to use that over browsing to individual forums ('cause I'm lazy :D ) but it's no big deal, I'm just wondering if I've gone blind when using it.

I'm glad you had fun!

Since it was such a blast then I guess we don't need this consolatory champagne...

/me tosses champagne over shoulder and it shatters.

Thanks for the hard work guys, even thought it was so fun!

• Like 1

• Site Moderator

Does anyone know where the 'go to newest unread post' button got to in the 'view new topics' option? I tend to prefer to use that over browsing to individual forums ('cause I'm lazy :D ) but it's no big deal, I'm just wondering if I've gone blind when using it.

As before, you will find a small icon next to the topic title. Click it and it will take you to the first unread reply.

Does anyone know what this reputation thing is on the profile page? Oh, and the status tag as well?

Reputation is when someone rates your post either positive or negative.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

Reputation is when someone rates your post either positive or negative.

Yup.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

No. It doesn't work. I have a request in.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

Really, well I hope that's not abused by anyone, because discussions on here can get kinda heated.

We'll see...

• Like 1

Really, well I hope that's not abused by anyone, because discussions on here can get kinda heated.

B) ...............That could be tricky! Why is chat saying my username is invalid?

Edited by Benji

You can always vote your own post up one if someone votes it down unjustly...Is that one gonna stay, voting your own post up?

Wow. That had to be a shitload of work. You must be f**king exhausted. I wonder if the censoring software still works? Guess we'll find out. :D

A question: The two buttons I used most on the old sight were "View New Posts" and "Mark All Forums As Read". Are those two still around? Or is there a substitute?

• Like 2

Well Myr, I've messed around with forum software some in the past, and I'm quite impressed that you got it to *here* from *there* in as short of a time span as you did. I could tell from the "in process" errors I saw occasionally through the day that you've customized the software some, and that makes these upgrades a bitch.

So well done, from someone who certainly would have brought down the site, forums, a tree, kicked a display or two, and had choice words for the software folks, and all you did was said "that sucked". :)

:worship:

Wow. That had to be a shitload of work. You must be f**king exhausted. I wonder if the censoring software still works? Guess we'll find out. :D

A question: The two buttons I used most on the old sight were "View New Posts" and "Mark All Forums As Read". Are those two still around? Or is there a substitute?

OK, I think I figured out the answers to my own questions:

1. The censoring software still works. f**k.

2. "View New Content" is the same as "View New Posts"

3. "Mark Board as Read" is in small print at the bottom.

Guess it pays to explore first, then ask questions.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

It does indeed.

Now, as far as getting things working goes... I still have two problems... 1) Live Chat is not authenticating at the moment. I shut it off and will get to it after the holiday. 2) The last comment is not listing and as you seen above, some people have some sort of fixation on having it in. That, too, will come after the holiday. :wacko:

Now, I'm just relaxing and writing the rest of the night. Unless I stop to wrangle some ghosts on my xbox. ;)

Myr

• Like 2