Locker room nudity

Hi everybody. This is the first time I'm starting a topic so I hope I do this right. I've also checked the forums and I don't believe this topic has been discussed before, but I may have overlooked it. If I did I apologize for the inconvenience.

I swim on a regular basis and therefore spend some time in the men's locker room. I've noticed guys in the locker room (hard not to, though I enjoy doing it devilsmiley.gif ) have very different attitudes when it comes to exposing their body, particularly their genitals and bottoms. Some guys (myself included) have no problem walking naked around, stripping all the way in full view either by the benches or in the showers. Others will go fully nude, but face the wall in order to avoid their equipment being seen. The rest (I've noticed most of them are teens) wrap themselves in the towel and change their underwear/speedo/trunks underneath it and shower with the swimming attire on.

I feel there's shame in showing what you're packing. I go all out. How about you?

Edited by Dargon

No. No one even had the balls to do that at high school. Not even one guy.

When I was at summer camp for two summers, I would either hide it with my tshirt or towel, despite some kids being not so shy.

I put a towel around my hips when I go to the pool for laps. I shower with speedo on.

I am not ashamed.

It's just I consider that showing my package to others would be a privilege that only a few got to see. If you see it, be honoured. It is a rare view. :P

No. No one even had the balls to do that at high school. Not even one guy.

When I was at summer camp for two summers, I would either hide it with my tshirt or towel, despite some kids being not so shy.

I put a towel around my hips when I go to the pool for laps. I shower with speedo on.

I am not ashamed.

It's just I consider that showing my package to others would be a privilege that only a few got to see. If you see it, be honoured. It is a rare view. :P

B)............................Haha! I'm sure it is a rare privilage Frosty!! 0:) Been years, but when I was in high school I didn't cover myself. I guess being on team sports numbs the shock of being undressed.

Harumph :wacko: No one EVER got their full kit off. Not after primary school pool trips. From then onwards it was some sort of towel all the way.

The public indoor pool is a little different but it's mainly because guys past 70 seem to have little inhibitions, maybe thats just them. But let me tell you, I was disappointed, and I'm not ashamed to say that :P

Well, I don't have much opportunity to go to the gym... and there was no call for going 'all the way' in my high-school gym courses (no showers after P. E., darn!) so I don't know what I would have done then (OK, I would have gone all the way... :P ) but I suspect I'd go all the way. Full nudity, woo-hoo!

Interesting, around here it's not uncommon to see full nudity of all ages in the locker room at the gym -- we go to a family gym so it's males ages five and up in the locker room.

I do know that DC has showered full nude with the boy scouts -- the older scouts told the younger ones it was for "tick checks" and they got over it very quickly, although some of the adult "scouters" had issues with nudity in the showers. (Adults and boys did not shower together btw) He has also showered full nude with the swim team starting when he was nine or so.

When I was in high school it was not uncommon to shower full nude, and showers were required after gym. His high school does not require showers after gym, so he does not fully strip in the locker room.

No, no, no the stars aren't aligned for you to have made this post, so no, you did not do this right. Epic failure. :stupid:

All joking aside, I know exactly what you are talking about, how different people change in the locker rooms. I was a swimmer in high school, and swim intramural now, so I see dick all the time. It's gotten to the point where I don't even 'respond' anymore. One really interesting, but awkward thing I've come to notice about swimmers is that there is an inverse ratio with body attractiveness and exhibitionism. Some of the most attractive guys never take their suits off when showering while some of the older, less than proportional men in the middle-aged swimming groups just throw modesty out of the window. No, the world is not fair.

Me, I don't usually take my suit off when showering (I wear a drag suit) but have no problem changing in front of people. I don't take my pants off and stretch my arms out obnoxiously like "check this bad boy out", but I'm not shy about doing what I need to do. Oh and back in high school, if anyone was shy enough to turn away while changing, they got towel whipped.

Edited by Yang Bang

I don't know... women may be more.. comfortable with nudity. I also played sports in high school so I showered a lot.. I also showered after P.E. classes in my freshman and senior years..

I'm completely comfortable being naked, probably a bit too much since I've been known to tan out doors in the nude... :P

Nope, never had that problem in highschool. That might have been because I took swimming class for one semester my senior year and then I took lifeguarding classes my 2nd semester my senior year. I gotta say, it was great. Especially when Gavin wub.gif was in my 2nd semester course. God he was hot. I loved it when he was my partner and he'd have to drag me through the pool against his chest...yummy...and Jonathan innocent.gif too...muahahah. He was great to look at, though a total flirt when we were in the pool off in our own corner of the world. I should have taken advantage of that boy while I could, oh well.

Thinks sucked when the weight training class came in, though that could have been cause my ex was in that class and all I ever wanted to do was jump him in the lockerroom. (they sometimes swam with us). Though Gus had the hugest freaking .... well..yeah...that I ever saw on a teenage boy...Cripes, I bet he puts Mark to shame...wonder whatever happened to him...

Uhm...so yeah, never had problems with looking at hot teen sophomore, junior and senior boys in highschool.

Let me tell you another secret...

The military=gr8! especially when in boot camp and it came time for showers at night, just pray you had some good looking guys in there with you. Yum yum! Hrm, and inpatient rehab while in the navy was great too, that was open showers as well. I loved it when this one marine was in there with me...I can still describe him to a tee...devilsmiley.gifwub.gifnuke.giflmaosmiley.gifwacko.gif

hrm.....

Distracted now..thanks...

Me!

My, how times have changed! I don't understand the hesitation some have expressed in exposing their bodies to other men in certain situations that, as a matter of convenience, would call for it...namely in locker rooms and communal showers. Is the younger generation a bunch of prudes?

All through high school and college, we were all exposed in the locker room and showers after PE classes. The same was true in basic training and Officer Candidate School in the Army. As the saying goes, "There's nothing private about a private." Or a private's privates for that matter.

None of this ever bothered me because of my early training. I learned to swim at my local YMCA. Not only did we use a large changing room and a communal shower room, we swam in the nude. That's right...no swim trunks, just skinny dipping. The Y was all male then and swimming suits were not permitted. Men and boys of all ages were in the natatorium (how appropriate a word is that?) at the same time. I lost my inhibitions early.

In case you are wondering, this was 60 years ago. That's closer to the Victorian period than to the 21st century. Where does this modern prudery come from?

• Site Administrator

Personally it was never an issue to gear completely down for me.....after age 15.

I think before than I was absolutely terrified to be naked in any public setting for fear of getting a hard on. Luckily a time at summer camp presented itself where four other guys and me had to shower and get everything off and surprisingly enough, nothing arose to the occasion.

Going into high school and playing hockey after that summer found 3 or 4 other guys who would shower, but the vast majority didn't thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif .

Still up here in Canada, modesty does seem to be the majority. I don't think any schools have mandatory showers after gym or sports, it is all optional. Since most teens (and men) are indeed worried about popping wood, that is probably the explanation.

I'm completely comfortable being naked, probably a bit too much since I've been known to tan out doors in the nude... tongue.gif

Pictures are available for $29.99 plus shipping and handling lmaosmiley.gif .

Just kidding specool.gif

(No, seriously, PM me if you want to see them)

Nah, I'm just joking around...........but laugh.gif

Personally it was never an issue to gear completely down for me.....after age 15.

I think before than I was absolutely terrified to be naked in any public setting for fear of getting a hard on. Luckily a time at summer camp presented itself where four other guys and me had to shower and get everything off and surprisingly enough, nothing arose to the occasion.

Going into high school and playing hockey after that summer found 3 or 4 other guys who would shower, but the vast majority didn't thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif .

Still up here in Canada, modesty does seem to be the majority. I don't think any schools have mandatory showers after gym or sports, it is all optional. Since most teens (and men) are indeed worried about popping wood, that is probably the explanation.

Pictures are available for $29.99 plus shipping and handling :lmao: .

Just kidding specool.gif

:lmao:....................I see the price went up, Eric had them listed for $14.99!!!! BTW, in my day eveyone showered after gym, form the 7th grade on up through 12th grade.

This was never an issue for me, we had showers at school but they were rarely used. Instead the changing rooms were filled with a haze of deodorant spray :P.

At that time I probably wouldnt have taken much off anyway. I was still bashful from lack of self confidence.

Now, though, I am definitely more willing (some might say TOO willing) to take my clothes off. :P Probably because I've realised that nobody cares anymore. Except the police if youre in public.

Edited by Xeran

In high school (the eastern half of Canada unlike Wildone), showers weren't mandatory so it really depended on when you had PE and what you were doing in that module. I played varsity soccer in high school and showering was also a "depends" answer. If it was muddy or hot, most people showered. My high school may also have been outside the norm as most of the people on my varsity team were farm boys who had to leave after a game or practice and go work on their farm so there wasn't much sense in showering unless you were worried about mud in your pickup.

University was completely different. Communal showers in residence and daily trips to the Athletic complex meant everyone got over being self conscious pretty quickly. My roommate and most of our friends were varsity athletes so the open showers after playing a pick-up game of soccer always provided good scenery!

Steve

Despite the fact that for the sanity of others I probably shouldn't I will get naked at the drop of a hat. I often walk around the house starkers, including in the kitchen in full view of neighbours and anyone who happens to walk along the back lane. In public pools etc I am more than happy to shower naked and I would swim that way too if I had the chance. I do not sunbathe naked because I don't sunbathe period.

I'm hung like a horse and am always looking for a good excuse to drop trou just to make other guys feel shock, awe and inadequate.

You may be hung like a horse, but horses are hung like me, so I win. ; )

• Like 1

Pictures are available for $29.99 plus shipping and handling lmaosmiley.gif .

Just kidding specool.gif

:lmao:....................I see the price went up, Eric had them listed for $14.99!!!! BTW, in my day eveyone showered after gym, form the 7th grade on up through 12th grade.

Meanies... I'm at least worth 50 dollars a picture. :P

I don't really see what the big deal is. Since I play high school football, it has been something I've done since I was a freshman. Since we always came in from practice/games covered in dust, dirt, mud, melted snow, blood, etc., everyone showered in the locker room. It was always funny, because the first few days of practice, the freshman would all be scared and be showering in their gertels or boxers, and all the upper classman would tell them they had "tiny penis syndrome" and make fun of them until they finally got over it.

Edited by TetRefine