Locker room nudity

I remember the first PE class in high school, eighth grade back in the old days. No one took a shower but one guy. He got called a queer. He didn't shower again.

:lmao:..................I'm sorry but that is funny, I'm trying to imagine 25-30 8th graders looking at one brave kid taking a shower and calling HIM the queer! My coach back then just yelled at everyone without even being there. How did he do that?? Hahaha! :lmao:

we never showered in high school for PE. the sports kids did though and i know there was a big fuss because some upperclassmen shoved a bottle of orange gatorade up this other kid's ass for some reason.

i don't know how i am about getting naked. here, fully clothed, i seem to feel like it's weird, but i also notice that when an opportunity arrives, and i don't mean just sexually, i lose my clothes really fast.

i used to do flips in the wrestling room at my university and sometimes wrestlers would walk in and just take their clothes off to weigh themselves, which was nice.

I do know that DC has showered full nude with the boy scouts -- the older scouts told the younger ones it was for "tick checks" ...

Is he sure he heard that correctly? Not a voiced dental stop for the initial sound instead of the unvoiced one he heard? :D

B)..........Humm, about the gator aide bottle!! :wacko::angry: That is either assault or myth, I MEAN a bottle that size would take a lot of work on a virgin! I don't doubt that assaults exist, but their existence is lessened by reality.

I remember the first PE class in high school, eighth grade back in the old days. No one took a shower but one guy. He got called a queer. He didn't shower again.

I remember way back when in seventh grade, and I ended up needing a shower after gym... I didn't take another one, mostly because I didn't enjoy everyone gawking at the fact that I already had a full set of pubes.

Talk about different experiences!

Hmmm, I think people are way too hung up on nudity. I will say that on a different note, unless I'm in a situation with other gay/bi males and/or I'm "out" I feel a bit uncomfortable with them being naked. It sort of feels like I'm taking advantage of the situation or something and entering a set of circumstances that people of heterosexual persuasion aren't privy to. Personally, I think the fixation and hang ups over nudity is silly regardless and I think it's often exaggerated between opposite gender people as well. Regardless, since I pretty much accept the status quo that straight guys don't get to look at girls while they're changing, it doesn't feel entirely appropriate for me to watch the straights strip. It's actually slightly similar to how I feel around girls sometimes. Occasionally I am attracted to them, but since I'm generally perceived as an exclusively gay male I sort of feel like I have an unfair advantage. As such, nowadays I try to generally convey the attitude that I'm potentially sexually interested in anyone, and you should probably disrobe at your own risk :boy::lmao:

If this was europe I bet that something being very common would not be such a big deal.

So here its a big deal ... its not common - the same goes with whats on TV - its pretty much PG13 - europe its rated R or rather rated N :great:

But I can't say if the USA had European qualities what would it be like here?

If this was europe I bet that something being very common would not be such a big deal.

So here its a big deal ... its not common - the same goes with whats on TV - its pretty much PG13 - europe its rated R or rather rated N

• Like 1

I think it's just a leftover from Anglo-Saxon sense of prudeness, hence why I see patterns between the USA, the UK, Canada, and Australia in the matter of locker room equiettes. It's not so bad. C'mon. Not even worth mocking either. It's not a matter of being prude, but being shy an bashful. If you want prudeness... try living in the 1950s where showing your (woman) belly button would be considered very indecent. Now today it would be too difficult to find pants and jeans that covers all of the hip and the belly button. I like keeping my jeans/pants low. :P

I wonder if there's anything left uncovered. The topic, I mean.

In high school gym class and at church camp we were required to shower, and we were required to parade naked from the changing area (gym) or our bunks (camp) to and from the showers. The showers were large rooms with shower heads coming from the walls; no cubicles, no privacy. No choice, no complaints accepted. Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone, perhaps because it was required of everyone.

In the gym which I now use, signs are posted warning the patrons that their nudity [sic] may offend [sic] others, and asking that people not parade around naked. Most of the adults undress at the lockers, wrap a towel around themselves, walk to the shower...etc. Swimmers often step into the shower in swimsuits (as do I) but primarly to wash the chlorine/salt out of the suit; I then take it off in the shower. Of course, I'm in a Bible-belt town.

Younger men and teens seem to be the ones who undress and dress under a towel, facing the wall. It's not modesty; it's the inculturated fear of being thought gay. "Don't look; don't show; don't notice; don't comment."

I made a similar observation in the "Speedo" forum suggesting the same reason for the brief swim suits' loss of popularity in the USA.

Well, since this is a poll I'll comment though I have nothing new.

I was too scared to look when I was in high school. I used my long shirts to my advantage, as did many boys. From my peeking a few boys stripped nude and fewer showered. I did not, mostly we did nothing in class. Just re-apply deodorant, change clothes and go.

In middle school I was so terrified I went to the bathroom stalls to change. Mostly because once I did have an erection even though I was staring at the wall. I don't actually know if anyone stripped nude. That was only on pool days though because we were not expected to change on non-pool days.

I currently don't go to the gym or pool.

• 1 month later...

In school there was no full nudity, PE was always the last class and unless you were on a sports team you did not shower at the school. As a young person (early 20's) I wouldn't do it either, was embarrased and too modest. Now tho it is full nudity, but only if there are no children in the lockerroom, the thought of exposing oneself in front of children just creeps me out.

cap.gif

So here its a big deal ... its not common - the same goes with whats on TV - its pretty much PG13 - europe its rated R or rather rated N :great:

But I can't say if the USA had European qualities what would it be like here?

I agree with Paya. Europe is not always what you imagine it to be. We did have showers in my school, but they were in cubicles. But people rarely used them. well they did if we'd done things like cross country in the mud. I remember my classes were usually last so we would just go home. Though you would usually see lots of bra's. I can't really remember much details from then.

Oh, the changing rooms always stank. So you'd try and get out of there fast, unless you didn't like PE.

The first time I encountered someone getting nude in a shower was when I did the Tall ships race in europe at 17. I think the girl was from Estonia and we were using the cities swimming pool showers which were communal (I think this was in Aalborg in Denmark). I was a bit shocked and intrigued. I however didn't strip off but kept my bikini on. I've since though stripped off the top half while in changing rooms and showers. And like Nephy I often dart about the house naked to glasses of water and stuff in the night and you can see the street (I live in a flat), am quite daring in fact at times in terms of passers-by seeing me.

Other than that, in France I've noticed they are a lot more open with their bodies. and like's been said, those bodies you don't want to see you invariably do. and the men wear tight speedos where you can see everything, again with the same principle.

If you have things like spray tans done you need to strip off as well, so done that.

oh, and forgot, bathing topless while on holiday. I quite like it now, also the idea that you are making other people uncomfortable. But some women, on a beach crowded with people and children will do allsorts just casually. I only lie down, but they'll play sports or go for walks or jogs and that sort of things. sometimes with their boobs down to their waists. :P.

and also reminded me of. my mum once told me of a time she visited Berlin - it may even have been not long after the wall came down. This hotel had a bar that you could see into the swimming pool underneath the surface as one wall. and the germans would be swimming naked. while you sipped your cocktails. that's weird.

Edited by Smarties

My high school doesn't have PE, so we don't have our own showers. The sports teams use the Universities fields and pool so they have their own showers and stuff. But for Crew, we don't shower at all and for swimming it's not called a shower as much as just getting the chlorine out as quickly as possible and leaving. Haha, I just stand under the shower for like 30 minutes right after I come out of the pool and head to my locker. There we all change in towels and don't really show anything.

Would I personally show everything, I think so. I don't know, it depends on who's looking. I would get completely naked without thinking it twice if it was a group of random people who I don't know, changing around me. But getting naked in front of a best friend for the first time is weird, don't you think. You get used to it, but it's kind off akward. Anyway, I do get completely naked when I occasionally go to the Y. But I had the unfourtunate experience to be showering naked and one of my teachers happened to walk into the showers and get naked in front of me. And told me "hey there" and then turned the shower on. It's was so awkward, that i didn't even finish showering; I just left.

But I had the unfourtunate experience to be showering naked and one of my teachers happened to walk into the showers and get naked in front of me. And told me "hey there" and then turned the shower on. It's was so awkward, that i didn't even finish showering; I just left.

Wow, awkward. Our high school was totally cool with it all. At least half the guys in PE showered, and they never had enough towels. They'd usually strip in the showers and often come out in towels, but it was one of those communal shower things. I only had the courage to go in once. But whenever I go to the gym or whatever I'm usually cool with it, mostly 'cause it's empty half the time. Sometimes I have some "embarrassing" moments, but i'm usually good with it. I really couldn't imagine a high school where no one showered. It would probably stink.

I guess, I am one of those embarrassed guys, because after a few years in high school, I realized most of the other guys were bigger than me (Yeah, I'm still an extreme grower, which is kind of odd).

I did take peaks; most of them were bigger than me and I kind of got intimidated. It was only later on in college that I realized that those guys didn't grow as much as I did (I went online to check some of this stuff out).

My 1st roommate can be considered an exhibitionist; every time he got drunk or high, he would strip naked in front of me. I saw him in the shower and in the morning, when he realized he was naked on top of his bed without covers (I won't lie, he was tempting, but I kept my sexual libido in check).

By college, I was more or less willing to be around naked guys and probably lost most of my shyness.

I guess, I am one of those embarrassed guys, because after a few years in high school, I realized most of the other guys were bigger than me (Yeah, I'm still an extreme grower, which is kind of odd).

I did take peaks; most of them were bigger than me and I kind of got intimidated. It was only later on in college that I realized that those guys didn't grow as much as I did (I went online to check some of this stuff out).

My 1st roommate can be considered an exhibitionist; every time he got drunk or high, he would strip naked in front of me. I saw him in the shower and in the morning, when he realized he was naked on top of his bed without covers (I won't lie, he was tempting, but I kept my sexual libido in check).

By college, I was more or less willing to be around naked guys and probably lost most of my shyness.

I forgot to mention the rugby boys. (I suppose, if I have to, comparable to your football players). They always get naked. Always. Every single night out they seem to strip. no matter where. and on their nights were they are doing some kind of 'thing' or theme to their socials often that would involve nudity. I remember once, I was annoyed at the time, because I just needed a quiet drink and it wasn't late or busy in the bar, and this rugby team comes in (it could have been the uni one not the college, can't remember) and their captain ordered them into a line in the middle of the room and told them all to drop their pants. Then they tried to get a girl to 'rate their cocks'. Some girl did end up doing it.

Their initiations always involved public nudity as well. But they were usually disgusting affairs where they'd make them do revolting things. The aim was to make them sick and humiliate them as much as possible in the beer garden. I think once they even stuck the tip of a candle in each of their bums while they had to drink this horrible stuff that even had pubes in it. Boys are weird. really. (after a national scandal uni's have cracked down on this, but they still try and get around the rules).

Edited by Smarties

I forgot to mention the rugby boys. (I suppose, if I have to, comparable to your football players). They always get naked. Always. Every single night out they seem to strip. no matter where. and on their nights were they are doing some kind of 'thing' or theme to their socials often that would involve nudity. I remember once, I was annoyed at the time, because I just needed a quiet drink and it wasn't late or busy in the bar, and this rugby team comes in (it could have been the uni one not the college, can't remember) and their captain ordered them into a line in the middle of the room and told them all to drop their pants. Then they tried to get a girl to 'rate their cocks'. Some girl did end up doing it.

Their initiations always involved public nudity as well. But they were usually disgusting affairs where they'd make them do revolting things. The aim was to make them sick and humiliate them as much as possible in the beer garden. I think once they even stuck the tip of a candle in each of their bums while they had to drink this horrible stuff that even had pubes in it. Boys are weird. really. (after a national scandal uni's have cracked down on this, but they still try and get around the rules).

I think that's more of a gay boys fantasy to be stripped naked, having stuff in your ass, and doing it with a group of friends. :P

Whoever invented these rituals most likely was into gay bondage.

I think that's more of a gay boys fantasy to be stripped naked, having stuff in your ass, and doing it with a group of friends. :P

yeah, there really must have been. It is just unbelievable what the rugby boys get up to.

and they are always dressing up.

I'm sure I even saw a couple of them joke kiss once.

Oh yeah, this thread makes perfect sense. You know, you start with shower nakedness, add a little bit of PE classes, sprinkle some peaking at other boys experiences, glaze it over with cute rugby players and then end result is gay bondage, yep it all makes perfect sense in my mind ;)

• Site Administrator

I know I'm probably going offtopic.gif and even bringing up another forums discussion, but it was a topic discussed earlier today.

Showering in high school was a way to somewhat safely discover what other guys looked liked and see that really we are all normal. My attraction was to if someone was different than me (as in cut or not cut) and the fascination with that. Like I said, usually in HS, most guys would be checking you out as your checking them out without the fear of having someone calling you a queer, fag, etc. cause they could be called the same.

Maybe we should be promoting more showering in HS laugh.gif .