Tell me about new music

I like good music. I can't stand bubblegum and boy bands.

I like old rock, new rock. I even recently discovered Floggin Molly and some songs by Lifehouse.

Don't give me any rap or hip-hop.

Is Explosions in the Sky worth buying into? Which album?

Tell me, tell me- I hunger for the new sound.

I love Flogging Molly! :music:

I don't follow the trends in music, so I don't know of any new music, but maybe these will be new to you. Not sure if you'd be into it, but I'm really into melodic heavy metal bands, particularly Sonata Arctica, (from Finland), Edguy, (from Germany), Pain of Salvation, (Swedish band with the most amazing vocalist), Dream Theater, (America), and Blind Guardian. Ooooo, and Avantasia, (opera-type of metal by Tobias Sammet from Edguy, he uses different famous musicians and vocalists for his songs on their albums. The link below is a song with Alice Cooper as lead vocals. Sweet!)

Billy Talent from Canada is really cool, too, but a different style, (heavy punk). I'm also very fond of Ra, which is an interesting style I can't quite put a label to.

Edguy - The Pride of Creation

Pain of Salvation - Iter Impius (live)

Blind Guardian - Time Stands Still (live)

Avantasia - Toymaster

Billy Talent - Red Flag

Poxy Boggards are good drinking music if you like pirate themes and sea shanties. They call themselves a drinking group with a singing problem. :chris:

(warning: profanity)

Anyway I like all types of music but these are my current obsessions. If you like anything, (probably not...), you should check out more of whoever. All the above bands have tons of great songs! Hope all those links work in case you actually take the time to watch any of those. Hope you enjoy! Oh! One more:

Crazy song with a really crazy "vocal" track. This song is intense:

Edited by kayden

You seem to be a rock fan, so how about some Five Finger Death Punch? This one is called Hard to See.

Alice in Chains has a new album out, not as good as they used to be, but still good. There is one called Check My Brain.

Rise Against has a cool song called Savior.

Then there's a new one from Three Days Grace called Break.

There's also a new Weezer tuned called

Kasabian

Dude, you are literally f**king cool for naming all those bands. All of the above, helllooo.

Old Crow Medicine Show? The Chieftains, Earl Skruggs, thats like folkish/ blue grass. Since I'm on the tangent, Emmie Lou Harris too. Saw her in SF, so awesome. She told us she could smell the weed in the audience. Oh oh!

Try Mann Mann, they are a bit weird, Fleet Foxes, Devotcha

Explosions in the Sky, they have zero lyrics. Its like 10 guys in Texas who all play different guitars and they f**k with sound like no other but its so good. It is like a full season in one CD, they are really good and their songs are long enough to even be like background chill out music instead of making it a main focus of sound. they have awesome titles that make you really think about it, they are good, I suggest you get all of the CD's. I have them all, so obviously that is a cool thing to do.

rororororororororomance

Old Crow Medicine Show? The Chieftains, Earl Skruggs, thats like folkish/ blue grass. Since I'm on the tangent, Emmie Lou Harris too. Saw her in SF, so awesome. She told us she could smell the weed in the audience. Oh oh!

You really like OCMS, The Chieftains, Earl Scruggs, and Emmylou Harris? You are cool beyond belief. I had always assumed anyone from Orange County would have nothing to do with anyone with a Nashville connection. That may explain why we get along so well. :P

Dude, if you like that, you're going to love this. It's not new but it's most definitely classic.

Dude, if you like that, you're going to love this. It's not new but it's most definitely classic.

Patsy Cline may be a bit too "old" for Chase. She died in 1963 at age 30, but is still very popular.

Edited by MikeL

Patsy Cline may be a bit too "old" for Chase. She died in 1963 at age 30, but is still very popular.

She had an absolutely amazing voice for any era. It has an expansive quality to it that we've really only now have the electronics to fully appreciate.

What's old for some of us is new for others. :P

Rock isn't really my thing as I like bubblegum and boy bands, however I can offer two suggestions. I don't know any of what has been previously mentioned.

- Глюкоза

Not exactly rock, but it's not bubblegum or boy band. (Russian)

Lazarus- Porcupine Tree

This is my favourite song of theirs, but they have other more traditional rock ones too.

Patsy Cline!!!! God i love her!! Now i'm all singing along in my head to "I Fall To Pieces" & "Crazy"

New Songs... these one's i am always playing on my computer...

Need You Now - Lady Antebellum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB7T3lJ3dZ4

People Are Crazy - Billy Currington http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmkgowjWm_I

I Run to You - Lady Antebellum

When It Ain't Rainin - One More Girl

You Belong To Me - Taylor Swift.. I know you said no bubble gum stuff but it's catchy & i like it!

God, I have been listening to TONS of new music lately. And I have been making a list for the past month or so of all the new music I need to buy, so here it goes: And I put what type of music they are if youre interested:

The Dear Hunter - Indie experimental/progressive rock

The Triggers - Spanish Ska/Punk

The Thermals - Indie Pop/Punk

White Denim - Garage Rock/Acid Blues

Slang Chickens - Alt Folk Punk (What Im listening to as I make this list)

No Age - Experimental/powerpop/punk

Pity Party- Alternative/Experimental/Rock

Neutral Milk Hotel - Psych folk/Indie rock

PJ Harvey - Alternative/Indie/Powerpop

The Cramps - Punk

The Hush Sound - Indie Rock/Pop

The Dirty Projectors - A'cappella/Experimental/Indie

Fever Ray - Black Metal/Folk/Electroacoustic

The Presets - Industrial/Psychedelic/Techno

Also:

Matt and Kim, The Noisettes, Pixies, Secret Machines, TV On The Radio, Peter Bjorn and John, Passion Pit, Cage the Elephant, Phantom Planet, Phoenix, Cage

--Guess I went a bit overboard.

Edited by Nerotorb

Give Michelle Branch a listen. She started out as an indie artist when she released her first album Broken Bracelet but has 'branched' out and done a bit of pop (The Spirit Room), rock (Hotel Paper) and country (The Wreckers album with Jessica Harp in 2005). Below are a few of my personal favorites:

"Are You Happy Now" - Angry breakup song about someone who never invested as much into the relationship as the other

"Hard to Love You" - Mellow country track about owning up to your mistakes and trying to do better

"Goodbye to You" - (I love, love, love this!) The title is self-explanatory

"All You Wanted" - Acoustic pop/rock song about wanting to save someone you care about

"Sooner or Later" - Mostly acoustic, about unrequited love

• 6 months later...

Lady Gaga :funny:, yes i went there XD....... (but no, i really dont like her...)

Clutch

Cobra Starship

Fall Out Boy

HIM

Katy Perry

The Killers

Kings Of Leon

Linkin Park

Placebo

Sevendust

Slipknot

The Sounds

Slipknot and The Sounds are my favourite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWskedKAVU

I looked at all the others and this is the best I enjoyed.

They are the best parody of the song on youtube

I wonder if they done others and wonder if they done real movies or something?

Oh... actually I meant the original one. Haha. It made me realize that Taylor Swift is HOT :devil: Haha.

Skillet - Whispers In The Dark / Hero

Shakira - Waka Waka

The Band Perry - If I die Young

Thats what i'm listening to today... Well now any waytongue.gif

My favorites are Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, Taking Back Sunday, The Academy Is...,All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Third Eye Blind, Stone Temple Pilots, Matchbox 20, Social Distortion, Stereo Skyline, The Brobecks, Cartel, Death Cab for Cutie, Incubus, Parachute, My Chemical Romance, Patrick Stump, and Ian Crawford.

Almost all these bands have been around for a while and a lot of them have new records coming out soon.

Yes, I am aware I'm a groupie for a boy with a guitar. This is my plight.

Not new bands but have you tried

Theory of a Deadman,

Puddle of Mudd ,

Shinedown ,

Saving Abel,

Rise Against ,

Hinder,

Cavo

or Sick Puppies ?

They are some of my favorites. Mari

• 1 month later...