We've already heard from one of his friends, he says they are friends.

Anthony says shut up. Shawn says he could care less. They both want you to die in a fire because you are not agreeing with every single thing they are saying (which is sometimes contradictory) and are actually arguing against them (hey, I never said that they were rational).

I was wondering something. Since apparently nearly everybody wants to be hit by me with a ruler (or some other object), and obviously wants to give Master status to me (something I'm not ENTIRELY against...), I was wondering if you people get some sick satisfaction with being cussed out by imaginary people? That's my only reasoning as to why I'm still breathing.

Tell the boys I say Hi.

Ok jsut to let you know I'm more of Master myself hehehehe. I enjoy it because, well it's fun. Its like a sotry in and of itself, reading *their* replies and then reading the story it makes them seem more real. Thats something I've had trouble with in your story from some reason, I don't feel the characters like I do in other stories. I mean they are very believable but...I dunno how to describe it.

Personally, I'm just extremly irritated by the boys and some of their choices. Though I don't think they could burn us to death in a fire, especially since a certain someone would get lighter fluid all over themselves!

YS: I know this is technically supposed to be "Shawn's story", but would you use other POVs in upcoming chapters? It'd be interesting to see things from Keith's POV, he seems very perceptive so I bet he has some inkling of what's going on Anthony and Shawn. Even Anthony would be a nice change as a POV.

Nephy: This wasn't too surprising. Didn't he throw up the first time they made out? I'm a little surpirised that Anthony hasn't killed Shawn already.

Speaking of death, Shawn, you said that your torment from Anthony was so bad you considered suicide. If you had actually decided that course of action, what method would you use?

• Like 1

YS: I know this is technically supposed to be "Shawn's story", but would you use other POVs in upcoming chapters? It'd be interesting to see things from Keith's POV, he seems very perceptive so I bet he has some inkling of what's going on Anthony and Shawn. Even Anthony would be a nice change as a POV.

Nephy: This wasn't too surprising. Didn't he throw up the first time they made out? I'm a little surpirised that Anthony hasn't killed Shawn already.

Speaking of death, Shawn, you said that your torment from Anthony was so bad you considered suicide. If you had actually decided that course of action, what method would you use?

All the chapters have been written. No other POV will be made. It tends to confuse readers, looks unprofessional, it would look awkward to start doing it now after 16 chapters of one POV, and it would reveal stuff WAY before I want them to be revealed. You will, however, start to see more of Keith (after all, I gave him a name; he MUST be important!). As for suicide methods, THAT'S HORRIBLE! So morbid. But, Shawn is A MAN'S MAN (manly man...of manliness), and so he wouldn't be all drama-queeny (SO a word) and perform an elaborate setup to off himself. A simple hanging will do (he has no access to guns), but only after he's triple-checked to make sure that everything will work properly. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be for your mom to walk in on your FAILED suicide attempt? That's like her walking in on you jerkin' it for all it's worth! (Statistically, girls TRY suicide more often than boys; boys COMPLETE suicide more often than girls, because girls can't commit to anything).

Anthony says shut up. Shawn says he could care less. They both want you to die in a fire because you are not agreeing with every single thing they are saying (which is sometimes contradictory) and are actually arguing against them (hey, I never said that they were rational).

I was wondering something. Since apparently nearly everybody wants to be hit by me with a ruler (or some other object), and obviously wants to give Master status to me (something I'm not ENTIRELY against...), I was wondering if you people get some sick satisfaction with being cussed out by imaginary people? That's my only reasoning as to why I'm still breathing.

You wanna be a Master? You need to take lessons. You have been FAR too easy on us :P You can hit me with a ruler any time as long as I get to chain you to the wall and whip you afterwards. I'll use the cuffs lined with sheepskin... promise devilsmiley.gif You even get your choice of whip.

As for Shawn and Anthony... what on earth gave you the idea I don't like them... well one of them. I like angsty and as Shawn seems to be into S&M he's a boy after my own heart, not that he'd get it although I' quite like to get my hand on Anthony's... I have a nice Chianti maturing in the kitchen.

As for being abused by fictional characters... it's a poor substitute for being abused by real ones but hey... we all have to make do sometimes :P

As for suicide methods, THAT'S HORRIBLE! So morbid. But, Shawn is A MAN'S MAN (manly man...of manliness), and so he wouldn't be all drama-queeny (SO a word) and perform an elaborate setup to off himself. A simple hanging will do (he has no access to guns), but only after he's triple-checked to make sure that everything will work properly. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be for your mom to walk in on your FAILED suicide attempt? That's like her walking in on you jerkin' it for all it's worth! (Statistically, girls TRY suicide more often than boys; boys COMPLETE suicide more often than girls, because girls can't commit to anything).

Nothing horrible about that...one of my favourite occupations... story research of course. I have come up with quite a few interesting ones. I muse on them whilst walking in graveyards, I get a lot of inspiration there.

I would dispute your last comment on the basis of your own previous words. Clearly girls fail more often because they are not as anal retentive as boys in setting it up... thanks for clearing that one up, I had often wondered :)

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to being abused again sometime soon.

You wanna be a Master? You need to take lessons. You have been FAR too easy on us tongue.gif You can hit me with a ruler any time as long as I get to chain you to the wall and whip you afterwards. I'll use the cuffs lined with sheepskin... promise devilsmiley.gif You even get your choice of whip...

Now is that offer just for YS becuase...well if its not then I need to book the first flight out....you can choose the whip...I like to be surprised.

I agree with Ceadus on his evaluation of Kieth, he does seem to know a lot more then he should. i look forward to seeing where he goes with that. let us know when we can talk to him.

You wanna be a Master? You need to take lessons. You have been FAR too easy on us :P You can hit me with a ruler any time as long as I get to chain you to the wall and whip you afterwards. I'll use the cuffs lined with sheepskin... promise devilsmiley.gif You even get your choice of whip.

As for Shawn and Anthony... what on earth gave you the idea I don't like them... well one of them. I like angsty and as Shawn seems to be into S&M he's a boy after my own heart, not that he'd get it although I' quite like to get my hand on Anthony's... I have a nice Chianti maturing in the kitchen.

As for being abused by fictional characters... it's a poor substitute for being abused by real ones but hey... we all have to make do sometimes :P

Nothing horrible about that...one of my favourite occupations... story research of course. I have come up with quite a few interesting ones. I muse on them whilst walking in graveyards, I get a lot of inspiration there.

I would dispute your last comment on the basis of your own previous words. Clearly girls fail more often because they are not as anal retentive as boys in setting it up... thanks for clearing that one up, I had often wondered :)

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to being abused again sometime soon.

(TMI warning!) Trust me when I say this: I KNOW I'm too easy on you guys (as Shawn and Anthony's banter against you guys should've hinted at). If you were to do those things to me, Nephy, as soon as I'm free, I'd be adding you to that graveyard you like to stroll in. And then I'd tear down the graveyard and put up a radio station (bonus points to whoever gets the reference). And Nightowl: please don't turn my thread into a "Slave seeks Master/Mistress" thread. That kind of talk goes in the "Unexplored Fantasies" thread, a thread of pain and pleasure and wonder and I just made it up.

As for why I said you didn't like them? I overgeneralized. I do that all the time a lot. Anthony is surprisingly unkinky. If it's not vanilla sex, he ain't interested (and this, in his words, includes "straight sex" [penile-vaginal], and...that's it). *Reads the rest of the post* Um...exactly how MANY graveyards do you have around you? I noticed "graveyards" was in plural form. Are they self-made?

Um...exactly how MANY graveyards do you have around you? I noticed "graveyards" was in plural form. Are they self-made?

Hey... you were the one who brought up all the Master stuff :P

As for graveyards - as many as I can find and no, they aren't self made. I'm far too lazy for that. There are three that I like to visit regularly. One is a huge major cemetery ( I used to live in Cemetery Road) and two tiny churchyard ones with interesting old stones and adders :)

Back to the topic. Questions for the guys... same to each...

If you had your way how would you want this whole situation to work out? (can you please stick them in a booth so they don't get to hear what the other says, othewise no chance of honesty.

Back to the topic of POVs, I think I'll write a chapter based entirely on the POV of Anthony'd neighbor's dog. It'll consist entirely of "food...food...foSQUIRREL!...food...belly rub..."

Nephy's question: Shawn would want Anthony to grow up, realize his feelings for Shawn, have them get together finally, and move to a new school in another state (as they would have blown up their current school, with everyone in it, with explosives). Anthony would want everything to go back to the way they were, with Shawn being just another punching bag, and none of those pesky rumors having even been uttered in the first place.

Caedus's question: Shawn is unclear as to what he wants to be when he grows up, but "Supreme Emperor of Earth" doesn't sound like a bad title to him. Anthony wants to play pro-football in the NFL (he isn't particularly picky as to which team he would play on), just like every other jock ever.

Nightowl's question: When Keith gets more screentime and characterization, I'll let people ask questions to him. So far, he's only been in two minor scenes, though I'm surprised that people are already starting to speculate on his role in this story (of course, I can't confirm or deny if anything that's said is true or not).

Cool, though I think Shawn is reaching the with the whole Supreme ruler of earth thing.

You really shouldn't be surprised about Keith. Keith knowing that Anthony and Shawn are still talking, being Anthony's best friend (seemingly) and that from what we've seen of him he's shown no hostility toward Shawn, he's been rather, if not friendly, then certainly cordial. He present's a unique POV on the entire situation and could give a more honest insight into Anthony's psyche/motives.

Then again, that's just how I see it. I suppose that others could have a different reason for wanting to talk to him.

BEst,

Nightowl.

Cool, though I think Shawn is reaching the with the whole Supreme ruler of earth thing.

You really shouldn't be surprised about Keith. Keith knowing that Anthony and Shawn are still talking, being Anthony's best friend (seemingly) and that from what we've seen of him he's shown no hostility toward Shawn, he's been rather, if not friendly, then certainly cordial. He present's a unique POV on the entire situation and could give a more honest insight into Anthony's psyche/motives.

Then again, that's just how I see it. I suppose that others could have a different reason for wanting to talk to him.

Supreme Emperor of Earth.

I'm not surprised about Keith, seeing as how I know him best (being the one who, you know, created him and stuff). Keith is actually Anthony's bestest friend. Shawn is...well, we're not quite sure what Shawn is to Anthony right now. While Keith hasn't been outright hostile towards Shawn, he has expressed a degree of superiority over him in the two scenes he's been in, if you recall.

Supreme Emperor of Earth.

I'm not surprised about Keith, seeing as how I know him best (being the one who, you know, created him and stuff). Keith is actually Anthony's bestest friend. Shawn is...well, we're not quite sure what Shawn is to Anthony right now. While Keith hasn't been outright hostile towards Shawn, he has expressed a degree of superiority over him in the two scenes he's been in, if you recall.

True but superiority and hostility are not mutally exclusive. I have friends who act superior to me but they have never been hostile or aggressive towards me. I'm not trying to argue I'm just saying it is within the realm of possibilities to have friends who aren't friendly lol

Young Sage makes a good point. I need to apologize to Shawn about the whole "uppity" comment. Keith may be his "bestest friend", but I wonder how he would do if he figured out Anthony's little "secret". We know so little about Keith, so it's all speculation till he's fleshed out in future chapters. Who Keith is fundamentally as a character will affect what role he plays in future and it could go from a true friend, someone you can trust all the way to extreme opposites where he would be the first to toss you into a pit of hungry lions. That's pretty much what HS does to people. That and/or he's a complete prick who gets off on s*** like that. The fact that he was friends with Anthony participating in bullying, as well as his attitude towards Shawn makes me think towards the opposite. It'll be interesting reading the next few chapter especially consdering that you're introducing more characters soon.

YS, unless I'm mistaken you've never really confirmed Anthony's sexuality except the fact that he's so extremly repressed and in the closet, of some sort. Has Anthony ever had a GF, or female hookups? He's popular so he has to maintain his "role". Is he even really attracted to females at all? Is he Bi? He's definetly not straight so I'm a little confused.

Shawn, before you got to know Anthony, who made your life a living hell in HS, what would you do to him if you had a chance to get even? Also I know you said you weren't the only on Anthony and Co. tormented. Why didn't you buddy up with them? You mustvof had other opportunities to make friends so could it be that you were so deep in your hatred of others that you rejected them? Were you merely "that kid that EVERYONE avoids like the bubonic plague?We've read a bit about your bitterness and hatred up to this point so i wonder whether you'll get your chance to express your opinions in future chapters to characters like Keith.

Edited by Caedus
  • Like 1

Young Sage makes a good point. I need to apologize to Shawn about the whole "uppity" comment. Keith may be his "bestest friend", but I wonder how he would do if he figured out Anthony's little "secret". We know so little about Keith, so it's all speculation till he's fleshed out in future chapters. Who Keith is fundamentally as a character will affect what role he plays in future and it could go from a true friend, someone you can trust all the way to extreme opposites where he would be the first to toss you into a pit of hungry lions. That's pretty much what HS does to people. That and/or he's a complete prick who gets off on s*** like that. The fact that he was friends with Anthony participating in bullying, as well as his attitude towards Shawn makes me think towards the opposite. It'll be interesting reading the next few chapter especially consdering that you're introducing more characters soon.

YS, unless I'm mistaken you've never really confirmed Anthony's sexuality except the fact that he's so extremly repressed and in the closet, of some sort. Has Anthony ever had a GF, or female hookups? He's popular so he has to maintain his "role". Is he even really attracted to females at all? Is he Bi? He's definetly not straight so I'm a little confused.

Shawn, before you got to know Anthony, who made your life a living hell in HS, what would you do to him if you had a chance to get even? Also I know you said you weren't the only on Anthony and Co. tormented. Why didn't you buddy up with them? You mustvof had other opportunities to make friends so could it be that you were so deep in your hatred of others that you rejected them? Were you merely "that kid that EVERYONE avoids like the bubonic plague?We've read a bit about your bitterness and hatred up to this point so i wonder whether you'll get your chance to express your opinions in future chapters to characters like Keith.

Keith is the type of guy who will be the first to toss you into a pit of hungry lions...OR IS HE?! I can undoubtedly confirm that Anthony is definitely not straight. I will not be one of those people who writes about a love interest being completely straight right up until he meets the main character and "suddenly turns gay for the main character because he's SOOOOOO beautiful!!1!11!!!*heart*". Those people need to be shot. The death of Shawn's dad took a major toll on Shawn's psyche. He distanced himself from all his friends until they just gave up and abandoned him. He wouldn't "band together" with other bullied kids because he truly thinks they're a**holes too and thinks that relying on other people is a sign of weakness. Any opportunity he had to make a friend he denied to himself, driving them away, preferring to be alone and not with the company of drooling idiots.

The Earth is dead. Society has crumbled. The Legions of Hell have arisen and staked claim on the doomed planet's surface, eradicating all humans they come into contact with. Humanity ends here, not with a bang, but with a dying, whimpering, pitiful, moan. A YOUNG BOY AND HIS COMPANION try to survive the last few days of their lives in one piece, but is that even possible now? Find out, in the thrilling finale of Black Star Cross!

The Earth is dead. Society has crumbled. The Legions of Hell have arisen and staked claim on the doomed planet's surface, eradicating all humans they come into contact with. Humanity ends here, not with a bang, but with a dying, whimpering, pitiful, moan. A YOUNG BOY AND HIS COMPANION try to survive the last few days of their lives in one piece, but is that even possible now? Find out, in the thrilling finale of Black Star Cross!

YS: I...um so if that really Is the end, why does it seem to be so abrupt? How did Anthony pull it off ( if this isn't a dream sequence)? I wa under the impression you had more chapters... Wow. I like reading dark stuff once in a while but this didn't seem to have much of a purpose. I don't understand.

• Like 1

Hmm... I can't help but agree. If that really is the end then it's a disappointment becasue it is so out of kilter with the rest of the story. It felt staged and unrealistic. I hope for the sake of the story there is more.

So you lied about wanting us to hate Shawn, though in your reviews you said you were killing him off because we hated him?? So dream or no dream was everything that happened in Black Star Cross was just a build up to this?

His death wasn't as graphic as I expected, you could of gone into far more detailed if you wanted to disturb us. Also If the point was for Shawn to suffer, why did you give him relief by ending his misery? Sure you did a lot to degrade him physically, mentally and emotionally as a human being, but it seemed to be lacking. Shawn didn't have enough despair, he should of drowned himself in it after being so thoroughly broken and maimed by the only person he seems to have any positive feelings towards, the only person he thinks actually cares about him. Ideally, that would be his last thoughts running in his head as he dies and rots in Hell. Does this have any relation to the title "Black Star Cross"?

This is fun.

• Like 1

Hmm, interesting. I'm with Nephy and Caedus, something is hinky. If it is the end of the story then it is severely dissapointing and doesn't make much sense. The replies to Lover's Quarral, Round two, don't make sense, " I am extremely offended by this review. Since no one seems to like Shawn anymore, I'm going to kill him in the next chapter." Even to folks who didn't say a word about Shawn *myself included*. No something is truely not adding up. either way I look forward to the answers to this little puzzle.

Best,

NightOwl

Ch. 18: Shawn is most definitely NOT a POWER RANGER! Anthony is most definitely NOT an EVIL GALACTIC OVERLORD BENT ON THE EARTH'S DESTRUCTION! The two go to high school together, not knowing the other's secret identity. They soon become fast friends. What happens when Anthony finds out that Shawn is an EVIL GALACTIC OVERLORD BENT ON THE EARTH'S DESTRUCTION and Shawn finds out that Anthony is a POWER RANGER?! Will TRUE FRIENDSHIP conquer all, or will the epic battle of GOOD VS. EVIL corrupt their friendship? Find out!

Wow the s**t is really starting to pile up in this story. It's already bad enough that we have to deal with extreme closet case Anthony, now we have to deal with Shawn slowly unwinding mentally with that gruesome nightmare.

YS: Has the whole light thing that Shawn experiences in dreams and near-death scenarios lead up to this? Was it a result of Shawn's latest arguement with Anthony where he got the crap beaten out of him? Is this nightmare the product of his own subconcious guilt or other feelings, maybe his own internal fear of Anthony and his peers judgement being surfaced?

Idk I'm just not sure how the story reach this point. Time to read previous chapters...

• Like 1

Wow the s**t is really starting to pile up in this story. It's already bad enough that we have to deal with extreme closet case Anthony, now we have to deal with Shawn slowly unwinding mentally with that gruesome nightmare.

YS: Has the whole light thing that Shawn experiences in dreams and near-death scenarios lead up to this? Was it a result of Shawn's latest arguement with Anthony where he got the crap beaten out of him? Is this nightmare the product of his own subconcious guilt or other feelings, maybe his own internal fear of Anthony and his peers judgement being surfaced?

Idk I'm just not sure how the story reach this point. Time to read previous chapters...

I just like sadistically hurting Shawn in any way I can. Surely that isn't so wrong? To answer your question...um, all of the above? It's a conglomeration of many things, and some other things you didn't mention.