What music do you listen to?

Most of the time I listen to dance, trance, and rave music. I have a couple of Pandora stations where I listen to New Age, and another where its mostly pop.

The vast majority of the music I listen to is not American though, whether it's just music or includes voice. I enjoy the sound of several languages that I can't speak.

But every now and then I have to go back to my roots and listen to classical. (My mother was a pianist and sometimes I need a hit of that.)

Well I mainly listen to rock and metal and power metal. Fave bands at the moment are 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet for my Valentine and Altaria.

Although recently I have been listening to the dramatic music like Globus, which makes me think of massive battles!

I know i'm in the minority here but I listen to mostly hip hop/rap music and songs that go off in the club. Something that can get me hype and in the zone. Or rap music that I can relate too. Or that have some slick lines. But, then I also like to bring it down with some slow jams.

This song I love and I listen to everyday. I go running to it.

This song goes off in the club!

Ciara- I Run It

This is my lil lullaby right here. Its soothing and relaxing but its so grown!

i like heavy metal, so

Slipknot - my favourite band, i listern to them all the time

Sevendust

Stone Sour

Spineshank

there are others, most of the bands on the Freddy vs Jason soundtrack is what i listern to

The Sounds is a new wave band that i listern to alot

i like classical music, but i prefere playing it to listerning to it

I frequent those quite a lot. So far I've seen The Bloody Beetroots, Steve Aoki, Le CastleVania, Felix Cartal, and MSTRKRFT live.

YAY MSTRKRFT! Were they good?

well i guess i should put some stuff i'm into down for those who care to listen:

Taking Back Sunday - Cute Without the E

*Taking Back Sunday - A Decade Under the Influence

Sense Fail - Buried a Lie

*SilverStein - Smile in Your Sleep

Hawthorne Heights - Saying Sorry

Bloc Party - Banquet

Bloc Party - Modern Love (song doesnt start till 1:40; sick daewon song (skater) video)

*Rx Bandits - And the Battle Begun

Mad Caddies - Last Breath

Gatsby American Dream - We Can Remember it for you Wholesale

Damien Rice - The Blowers Daughter

*Damien Rice - Delicate

Damien Rice - Cannonball

Ratatat - Seventeen Years

Ratatat - Tropicana

Ratatat - Alright (Memphis Bleek remix)

Ratatat - Diamonds (Kanye West remix)

*Heiruspecs - 5vs

Kid Cudi - the Prayer

*Kid Cudi - Cudi Zone

The drumming in earlier Bloc Party was just amazing, i don't think they'll ever make anything better than Silent Alarm.

Also, Ratatat!!!! completely agree, but Lex would probably be on my list as well.

Onto what i listen to, i'm a bit everywhere. Don't really care much for genres or labels because lots of the stuff i listen to can be a bit wishy-washy, but according to wiki (i did a quick little search on artists i like) i listen to a lot of 'post-rock'. Whatever the f**k that means.

The 'post-rock' ones:

Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Bark Psychosis, God Is An Astronaut, A Silver Mt Zion (previously known as The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band :) , also known as: the most depressing band ever.)

A few other favourites off the top of my head:

Massive Attack, Sunset Rubdown, Interpol, Of Montreal (only their Hissing Fauna album), M83, Bat For Lashes, Animal Collective, Portishead, Placebo, Brand New, Radiohead, UNKLE, Yeasayer, The XX, Arcade Fire, Girl Talk, Death From Above 1979, The National, Sam Cooke, The Magnetic Fields, Fever Ray.

Something i found a few weeks ago: Spheres Of Fury by Hecq vs. Exillion

I think the artist in me just adores the way it's filmed + it looks like fun.

enjoy.

I listen mostly to classical music, and stuff that maybe would be termed alternative, and of course 50s, 60s, and 70s stuff from my youth.

I like variety and things that break out of the mould (and the mold).

A man after my heart.

I love anything sung by Maria Callas, b/c I so admire her musicality, even if her timbre was flawed. The bel canto operas have a special place in my heart (Donizetti and Bellini esp), and June Anderson is my favorite living exponent. Singers with good squillo are my favorites. Mozart operas are excellent too, esp Don Giovanni, Le Nozze di Figaro, and Zauberfloete. Wagner can be excellent -- I enjoy both interpretations steeped in the German manner (von Karajan, Furtwangler) and those with faster tempi (Solti). I am a big fan of Bach. Gould is great, as are other interpreters like Tureck, Landowska, Pinnock. His chamber and choral works are great, although I think Gardiner is often too tepid (pity, since everyone, esp libraries, thinks he's great). I also like Vivaldi, CPE Bach, Schubert. Tschaikvosky and Beethoven come in doses. But well, who doesn't? Saint Seans, Debussy, Rimsky Korsakov, Prokofiev. Lately I've been exploring Polish forms, e.g. polonez and mazurka. I'm also exploring Russian contemporary music -- I can say that I solidly enjoy Shostakovich's 5th symphony. Works from the other end of the spectrum, i.e. early music, also fascinates me, particularly Gesualdo. Purcell, Gibbons have a peculiarly plangent English quality. Dunno about Handel (my bf likes him). I am constantly exploring other contemporary composers, though results are mixed. Corigliano has flashes in the pan, as does Barber. Bernstein is fun. Penderecki is mad. Tan Dun has wonderful compositions. Glass can be tedious or very good, as can Einaudi; Adams is all right. Nyman, because it's mainly film scores, is great. (I should say -- I like film scores too, Williams, Horner, Badalamenti, Newton Howard, Poledouris, Shore, Elfman, Patrick Doyle, etc.) I also follow the music of Loreena Mckennitt, Bjork, Enya, Madonna (she's getting worse), Radiohead, and Lady Gaga. I like Simon and Garfunkel, Carpenters (those two are thanks to my parents), Jeff Buckley, the Beatles, and whatever house music my guy forces into my head.

I listen to a lot of things.. but i suppose its mostly stuff from the jazz/blues/funk/progressive rock area.

Some artists/bands:

Jaco Pastorius

Weather Report

Joe Zawinul

Mike Stern

Michael Hedges

Chick Corea

Jimi Hendrix

Porcupine Tree

Joe Satriani

John Abercrombie

Donald Fagen

Walter Becker

Steely Dan

Herbie Hancock

George Benson

Al Jarreau

Pekka Pohjola

Yossou N'Dour

Incognito

Michael Brecker

King Crimson

A Perfect Circle

Michael Franks

Rober Fripp

Miles Davis

Nguy

YAY MSTRKRFT! Were they good?

The drumming in earlier Bloc Party was just amazing, i don't think they'll ever make anything better than Silent Alarm.

Also, Ratatat!!!! completely agree, but Lex would probably be on my list as well.

Onto what i listen to, i'm a bit everywhere. Don't really care much for genres or labels because lots of the stuff i listen to can be a bit wishy-washy, but according to wiki (i did a quick little search on artists i like) i listen to a lot of 'post-rock'. Whatever the f**k that means.

The 'post-rock' ones:

Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Bark Psychosis, God Is An Astronaut, A Silver Mt Zion (previously known as The Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band :) , also known as: the most depressing band ever.)

A few other favourites off the top of my head:

Massive Attack, Sunset Rubdown, Interpol, Of Montreal (only their Hissing Fauna album), M83, Bat For Lashes, Animal Collective, Portishead, Placebo, Brand New, Radiohead, UNKLE, Yeasayer, The XX, Arcade Fire, Girl Talk, Death From Above 1979, The National, Sam Cooke, The Magnetic Fields, Fever Ray.

Something i found a few weeks ago: Spheres Of Fury by Hecq vs. Exillion

I think the artist in me just adores the way it's filmed + it looks like fun.

enjoy.

Yeah man, MSTRKRFT was pretty solid. JFK recently came back and played a show by himself, but I couldnt go as I had an exam the next day :<.LAZRtag is in a couple weeks, and then Steve aoki round 2 in september :D

Also Hecq is super good. I'd recommend checking out his 0000 album. I was really into him when I was big into IDM/industrial.

Yeah man, MSTRKRFT was pretty solid. JFK recently came back and played a show by himself, but I couldnt go as I had an exam the next day :<.LAZRtag is in a couple weeks, and then Steve aoki round 2 in september :D

Also Hecq is super good. I'd recommend checking out his 0000 album. I was really into him when I was big into IDM/industrial.

Yeah i've missed out on so many shows cause i'm still a few months underage. Lameee :(

I'm not a huge Steve Aoki fan, although i checked out LAZRtag and some of their remixes are pretty good.

Also i got my hands on 0000. First time i went through it people were over at my house, so i couldn't really get into it because lots of the background music was being drowned out by the louder synths since i couldn't put the volume up. But I listened to is again this morning with the volume higher and it sounds so much better. It's stil...digesting, i guess, so i don't know how much i like it or love it, but i definately don't hate it.

It also reminded me a bit of Ghosts I-IV (NIN). Less experimental though and minus their guitars + piano :lol: That's probably just because i don't actually listen to that kind of music much :)

Anyway, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I love all kinds of music, country( Brad Paisley) underground(ICP)Pop(vanessa Carlton) hiphop(Kanye west)rap(Eminem)

My favorite is kid cudi but basically my Ipod is filled with all genera's i even have some oldies... Stand by me, It's my party, sweet home alabama, Love is a battlefield, underpressure and Mr Blue sky. I have more i have about 500 songs on mine with any type of music because my favorite in the rock type is My chemical romance and i also like creep by radiohead. ^-^ I could name my whole list but that would take ages that was just a glimpse of what i got :P