Do you keep in shape?

There's another potential problem with green tea...just like all other teas and red wine. It also contains tannin which causes muscle spasms in the back in some people.

Great! Now something that's good for me that I can enjoy, isn't and I can't!

Well, I made it until about 1am last night. Then i had to have some caffeine because my migraine was making me cry. So I had about a half a can of Pepsi, Then returned to the fetal position until the pain went away, at about 6am this morning.

I was sort of expecting the pain, Whatwith going from over 150oz. of Pepsi a day down to nothing. Today is a new day though and I can start anew, Hopefully I can avoid another migraine. If i can get through the next 2 days I should be in the clear.

And the suggestions of tea are good, Except I can't stand the taste of tea(and i do not need any muscle spasms :( ). I'm also lactose intolerant, So I'm sticking to lemonade and water for now. More water than lemonade though, It seems to taste best ATM.

I love to exercise, I run 13 km every day and have tennis practice three days a week. i lift weights two days a week because I don't have any more time. And to top it all I am now getting payed for keeping fit :P

If you don't have the time to go to the gym a good way to stay fit is doing push-ups and crunches every day, it is the most basic of workouts and even though some people think you need a lot more these two exercises are really some of the best things you can do. Of course its hard to de many repetitions at first but you just have to give it time, do as many as you can until your stomach and arms start to burn a little and then stop. If you keep at it you'll start getting better and better, pleeease trust me

I love to exercise, I run 13 km every day and have tennis practice three days a week. i lift weights two days a week because I don't have any more time. And to top it all I am now getting payed for keeping fit :P

If you don't have the time to go to the gym a good way to stay fit is doing push-ups and crunches every day, it is the most basic of workouts and even though some people think you need a lot more these two exercises are really some of the best things you can do. Of course its hard to de many repetitions at first but you just have to give it time, do as many as you can until your stomach and arms start to burn a little and then stop. If you keep at it you'll start getting better and better, pleeease trust me

13 km every day? :-o OMG! :worship:

Now where do you run? Outside or inside?

I run outside, my house is right next to the beach so i run 6 km on the track that goes along the coast and then back down another track that was made especially for people to run that leaves me three blocks from home. It's actually 12.8 km :P

*pulls out his handy-dandy physics calculator(attached to his handy-dandy physics utility belt) and converts km to miles* Holy mother of pearl :o ...and to think i used to die after running 2 miles every tuesday for PE

I've been active from a very young age. I began water sports, surfing initially, when I was about 5. My brother would teach me. Then I took up Martial Arts, which is one of the greatest ways to exercise and stay fit. At around 10 I took up track/field, so that kept me VERY lean, and now I can run pretty much effortlessly. I love running. I try to go to the local college track either every day or every other day to run. I also try and lift every once in a while after school in our gym, we have an awesome weight-lifting room. Lots of stuff.

When it comes to my diet, I hardly EVER eat any form of fast food. I also don't eat any red meats, only stick to poultry, and fish. I usually eat spinach salads, but lettuce is good, too :)

I take a vitamin every morning, and try to drink a protein shake every morning, also.

During the summer, I work with Jet Skis and other things, which helps with my fitness, and also my stamina :) So, I pretty much am in very good shape. And I'm very proud of my body. It can be hard work to keep up with fitness and stuff. Just gotta push yourself, yo. Have conviction.

ok cool what are you goals?

What's important to note is that being in shape and being athletic can be two different concepts. Athleticism is a talent, the other is a physique. I have seen outta shape boys and gals dominate out on the field and gym rats pant like dogs after 5 minutes. Looks can be deceiving when it comes to athletic abilities and having a 6-pack doesn't automatically mean the guy's a sports star. Sure, having athletic bodies help athletes perform but people who do nothing but lift and tone usually can't do sh*t.

With that being said, I'm in fairly decent shape but am looking more to improve athletically; former high school athlete and even some collegiate before I got suspended. Now, I spend time with intramural teams, but because they are sports I haven't really played much, I'm not a valuable contributor (yet). I'm looking to get more practice in before Fall so that I can do something worthwhile. Volleyball's where I'm looking. Of course I'm still gonna hit the gym and lift but I wanna spend more time playing.

Edited by Yang Bang

I've been active from a very young age. I began water sports, surfing initially, when I was about 5. My brother would teach me. Then I took up Martial Arts, which is one of the greatest ways to exercise and stay fit. At around 10 I took up track/field, so that kept me VERY lean, and now I can run pretty much effortlessly. I love running. I try to go to the local college track either every day or every other day to run. I also try and lift every once in a while after school in our gym, we have an awesome weight-lifting room. Lots of stuff.

When it comes to my diet, I hardly EVER eat any form of fast food. I also don't eat any red meats, only stick to poultry, and fish. I usually eat spinach salads, but lettuce is good, too :)

I take a vitamin every morning, and try to drink a protein shake every morning, also.

During the summer, I work with Jet Skis and other things, which helps with my fitness, and also my stamina :) So, I pretty much am in very good shape. And I'm very proud of my body. It can be hard work to keep up with fitness and stuff. Just gotta push yourself, yo. Have conviction.

That sounds awesome, but at the same time it's really discouraging, because I feel I can't really catch up with you. It took YOU years to have a body like you have and to add to it I'm some 8-10 years older... So I can push myself, I can try but I will never look like you. :) (that is why I say it's discouraging :) ) On the other hand I'm not saying I want to have a body like you have, only that I can accept your encouragement but it doesn't add to my motivation - because it can't...

As for red meats, what I was told is that red meat isn't bad, you only have to eat it in the right time - at the beginning of the day or for lunch, not in the evening. The amount of the portion is also important. I like fish and poultry a lot, but to give up on steak once in a while is unimaginable :D

Hmmm, I like sports and activity. Although I've always been kinda a bigger guy (right now I'm 6' 185lb). The biggest I've ever been was 235 lbs. at the end of football season my Junior year. I've never really wanted to get that big, but at the varsity level as a lineman, I had to be so I did. At the end of that football season, I made it my goal to drop below 200 lbs. because I hated being that big. So I did, and I worked my ass off and got down to 178 lbs by this past October. I was also planning on enlisting in the Army at that point in my life and I wanted to go infantry, so needless to say I needed to be in really good shape. Running 3 miles every day and lifting 5 days a week. A lot of work, but it was worth it.

While I'm lazier now since skiing season has ended, I still go for runs once or twice a week and hit the weights sometimes. And I can't wait to go hiking now that the weather is warming up! :D

Hmmm, I like sports and activity. Although I've always been kinda a bigger guy (right now I'm 6' 185lb). The biggest I've ever been was 235 lbs. at the end of football season my Junior year. I've never really wanted to get that big, but at the varsity level as a lineman, I had to be so I did. At the end of that football season, I made it my goal to drop below 200 lbs. because I hated being that big. So I did, and I worked my ass off and got down to 178 lbs by this past October. I was also planning on enlisting in the Army at that point in my life and I wanted to go infantry, so needless to say I needed to be in really good shape. Running 3 miles every day and lifting 5 days a week. A lot of work, but it was worth it.

While I'm lazier now since skiing season has ended, I still go for runs once or twice a week and hit the weights sometimes. And I can't wait to go hiking now that the weather is warming up! :D

You sound like my roommate. Ripped as sh*t back in high school playing football but slimmed down a lot in college. I think he peaked at like 200 (forgot what he played) but he's now like 175 or something. It's funny cuz he has friends who he hadn't seen in a while look at him now and say "dude, you're anorexic"

That sounds awesome, but at the same time it's really discouraging, because I feel I can't really catch up with you. It took YOU years to have a body like you have and to add to it I'm some 8-10 years older... So I can push myself, I can try but I will never look like you. :) (that is why I say it's discouraging :) ) On the other hand I'm not saying I want to have a body like you have, only that I can accept your encouragement but it doesn't add to my motivation - because it can't...

As for red meats, what I was told is that red meat isn't bad, you only have to eat it in the right time - at the beginning of the day or for lunch, not in the evening. The amount of the portion is also important. I like fish and poultry a lot, but to give up on steak once in a while is unimaginable :D

Hmmm, well anyone can have a nice body, at virtually any age. My second eldest brother, who's about 33 or so, just got back into exercising and stuff after many years of drinking and not really doing much of any exercise. Now he's pretty fit, already, and he just started working out and stuff less than two years ago. So, really, I guess it's just on the person's conviction, I suppose. But, it's also each persons build. For instance, my build is different from yours, and so-on. So even if you were to exercise and all, I'm not sure what the chances of our bodies being like each others would be. And not because one works out more than the other. Ya dig?

At any rate, you should still keep trying. Even if you may not get the body you want, it's always good to stay healthy and above yourself. :-)

Oh yes, and the main reason I don't eat red meat, isn't primarily because of its dietary attributes or anything, but because it doesn't always sit well with me hahaha! Every once in a while I'll eat it, because it doesn't affect me. But if I eat it a lot, then my stomach cramps and hurts etc..

Ok, so im gonna really put myself out there. So here goes. About all my childhood I've had issues with my weight. Not to make excuses about it but mainly because I had other issues going on. Ive constantly been on medication. I drink water constantly and Ive never really known how to monitor my eating habits. In high school after major surgery I was placed on steriods which keeps alot of weight on you made it somewhat worse. But, Ive been working little by little to get the weight off. The heaviest I have been is 220 and now after dialysis my base weight is around 173-175. So its not so much my weight anymore its getting in shape. And get healthier because overall that'll help with my health. So thats my motivation only for myself. I remember times when I used to try to lose weight because others would poke fun at it. But, I realized it doesnt work unless you do it for yourself.

So there its out there...

Ok, so im gonna really put myself out there. So here goes. About all my childhood I've had issues with my weight. Not to make excuses about it but mainly because I had other issues going on. Ive constantly been on medication. I drink water constantly and Ive never really known how to monitor my eating habits. In high school after major surgery I was placed on steriods which keeps alot of weight on you made it somewhat worse. But, Ive been working little by little to get the weight off. The heaviest I have been is 220 and now after dialysis my base weight is around 173-175. So its not so much my weight anymore its getting in shape. And get healthier because overall that'll help with my health. So thats my motivation only for myself. I remember times when I used to try to lose weight because others would poke fun at it. But, I realized it doesnt work unless you do it for yourself.

So there its out there...

You couldn't be more right about doing it for yourself. If you only do it for others, then you lose motivation quickly. But if you do it for yourself, you keep that drive going and have a much higher chance of getting into good shape and staying that way. Awesome Princey!! Good Luck! Posted Image

You couldn't be more right about doing it for yourself. If you only do it for others, then you lose motivation quickly. But if you do it for yourself, you keep that drive going and have a much higher chance of getting into good shape and staying that way. Awesome Princey!! Good Luck! Posted Image

Agreed :D

I'd say you're definitely on the right track now Prince, good luck!!

And Eros, I would really really like to hang out with you, I like your style Posted Image

Thank you :)

Maybe one day we can chill. Hit some waves, or something!

I'd say you're definitely on the right track now Prince, good luck!!

And Eros, I would really really like to hang out with you, I like your style Posted Image

Agreed :D

Aww thanks guys!

sounds like your on a good track there PD, keep it up :)

I, myself, have had wieght issues all my life, and still do. I don't think there have ever been a moment in my life where I was fit. I also have most of my wieght hang around my middle. I'm sure i need to lose a few pounds, i can't imagine much maybe 20lbs or so. but the main thing i need to do is build muscle strength, i don't have much.

but I don't know, I'm not good at self assements, I'm harsh at times and soft on my self at other times.

But I was able to go walking for about two hours on monday and tuesday, around 4 miles round trip both times, didn't get out today or yesterday. but I'm planning to visit the gym tomorrow, for some work with wieghts.

allow me to say again that the point of this post isn't for vanity sake its just to encourage you that you can live a healthy life that doesn't suck. Its about doing small things that will impact the rest of your life.

Be aware of what you're putting in your body. Make conscious decisions to be proactive in your over all fitness. sometimes the most difficult things in life to accomplish are the most rewarding.

Commit to doing something. Don't be lazy. You can do this.

allow me to say again that the point of this post isn't for vanity sake its just to encourage you that you can live a healthy life that doesn't suck. Its about doing small things that will impact the rest of your life.

Be aware of what you're putting in your body. Make conscious decisions to be proactive in your over all fitness. sometimes the most difficult things in life to accomplish are the most rewarding.

Commit to doing something. Don't be lazy. You can do this.

well my post was just about how guys that have perfect bodies here show me how much work is before me if I want to near them... it isn't easy and that's frustrating. But if it were easy, everyone would look like from Baywatch, right? ;)

hmm.. I am probably in a lot better shame during the spring and summer than I am in the fall and winter.. lol. I like doing my exercising out doors and in Ky, that's not always possible in the winter and fall months.. as they get pretty cold, and running in cold weather always makes my sinuses and breathing pathways inflamed and such.. so I do my jogging and such indoors in the winter months, but I don't like treadmills, I like to look around when I run.. traveling an actual distance.. lol.

Anyway, as far as keeping myself in shape, I'm also getting into yoga, and some light aerobics. :P

Then, I eat extremely healthy most of the time. I do have two weaknesses.. Apple pie, ice cream.. well three.. and Pizza.. lol. Otherwise I think I eat pretty well.

I hate sodas.. the only things I drink is juices and water. Not even the sugar stuff they try to pass off as healthy.. like Kool-aid.. haha.

Overall its a laid back healthy, if I ever actually set out to do it.. I think I wouldn't enjoy it at all, but this way of doing it is far more rewarding to me.

hmm.. I am probably in a lot better shame during the spring and summer than I am in the fall and winter.. lol. I like doing my exercising out doors and in Ky, that's not always possible in the winter and fall months.. as they get pretty cold, and running in cold weather always makes my sinuses and breathing pathways inflamed and such.. so I do my jogging and such indoors in the winter months, but I don't like treadmills, I like to look around when I run.. traveling an actual distance.. lol.

Anyway, as far as keeping myself in shape, I'm also getting into yoga, and some light aerobics. :P

Then, I eat extremely healthy most of the time. I do have two weaknesses.. Apple pie, ice cream.. well three.. and Pizza.. lol. Otherwise I think I eat pretty well.

I hate sodas.. the only things I drink is juices and water. Not even the sugar stuff they try to pass off as healthy.. like Kool-aid.. haha.

Overall its a laid back healthy, if I ever actually set out to do it.. I think I wouldn't enjoy it at all, but this way of doing it is far more rewarding to me.

I love doing yoga

Well, I've done it! :2thumbs:

After quitting cold-turkey almost killed me, I went back to one can of Pepsi a day for a couple days, Then I cut that to one can every day and a half.

I have not had ANY caffeine or any Soda/Pop/Coke since May 2nd. And I feel awesome! Much more energetic.

I don't plan on ever drinking anything with caffeine in it ever again. Hopefully, This time I can stick to it instead of it only lasting 3 or 4 years. Wish me luck!

And Gaytron, :hug: Thank you so much for encouraging this, It's what I needed to kick that nasty habit again!