Do you keep in shape?

It sounds like you may be skipping out on a bit too many things, like dairy.

Notice that humans are the only animals that have dairy after babies grow up, yeah dairys not good for you bud.

Push/pull ups, crunches, etc are resistance workouts. You can lose weight and get lean at the same time.

What's your macro nutrition ratio like?

What the heck is macro nutrition?

I had back problems in the past, but it's really starting to feel better lately so I told myself I'd get in shape once the weather got nice by running and doing flips everyday.

So it seems like a bad joke that the temperatures this year so far are fifteen degrees below normal :/

what are flips?

What the heck is macro nutrition?

Fat, Protein, and Carbs

I was wondering if you kept a ratio split in your weight loss track.

For example, 30/40/30 for fat/carbs/protein is one of the suggested great diets for weight loss and muscle gain. But everyone's bodies work differently and depending on what you're working on and your own LBM (lean body mass), you need to adjust those ratio accordingly. Your body works optimally depending on what and how much of something you give it and you're never suppose to cut off one of the 3 macronutrients, ever (it's why people who don't eat carbs never lose weight permanently or feel good throughout the day). I've never found myself to be able to accomplish a higher protein balance than a 20/35/45 split for longer than 1 week because I started to feel sluggish. It's not recommended to eat more protein than carb for a long period of time. You can lose fat that way faster but you don't supply your body enough with prime energy and high protein is a bitch on your liver.

Edited by Yang Bang

Fat, Protein, and Carbs

I was wondering if you kept a ratio split in your weight loss track.

For example, 30/40/30 for fat/carbs/protein is one of the suggested great diets for weight loss and muscle gain. But everyone's bodies work differently and depending on what you're working on and your own LBM (lean body mass), you need to adjust those ratio accordingly. Your body works optimally depending on what and how much of something you give it and you're never suppose to cut off one of the 3 macronutrients, ever (it's why people who don't eat carbs never lose weight permanently or feel good throughout the day). I've never found myself to be able to accomplish a higher protein balance than a 20/35/45 split for longer than 1 week because I started to feel sluggish. It's not recommended to eat more protein than carb for a long period of time. You can lose fat that way faster but you don't supply your body enough with prime energy and high protein is a bitch on your liver.

Fat is a great energy source. I eat a lot of vegetables for example. This lunch I had kale, almond butter, chicken salad with avacado. Breakfast was an omlette with watercress and peppers. I did the south beach diet mainly and a lot of metabolism boosting and exercise.

Fat is a great energy source. I eat a lot of vegetables for example. This lunch I had kale, almond butter, chicken salad with avacado. Breakfast was an omlette with watercress and peppers. I did the south beach diet mainly and a lot of metabolism boosting and exercise.

Hahah South Beach diet? What are you...a fag or something?

Oh wait....

:P

Hahah South Beach diet? What are you...a fag or something?

Oh wait....

Nope Palio diet, two of my besties are fully certified PTs in the land of ice and snow. Side note: 100% proud to be "a fag or something" as you said. Wait aren't you gay too yang?

So south beach is actually legit huh?

Ok well maybe yall can give me advice on eating habits. Im happy with my current workout regiment, but Its hard to throw variety into my routine to keep my workout intense. Any suggestions on stuff you've tried that helps? I run 5 days and work out at the gym at least 3 times a week for an hour and a half so any suggestions would be helpful.

Oh and any recipes for eating healthy would be appreciated too since I'm trying to cook more. :)

Ok well maybe yall can give me advice on eating habits. Im happy with my current workout regiment, but Its hard to throw variety into my routine to keep my workout intense. Any suggestions on stuff you've tried that helps? I run 5 days and work out at the gym at least 3 times a week for an hour and a half so any suggestions would be helpful.

Oh and any recipes for eating healthy would be appreciated too since I'm trying to cook more. :)

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/shoppinglist_p1.htm

I didn't really do the south beach diet. I just eat meat, vegetables, fruits. I do have some dairy (yogurt and milk in my morning coffee). I don't eat rice, or wheat, or potatoes. Food high in starches. Check out other high protein sources. Just google high protein vegetables. Also seeds such as pumpkin, almond etc are high in protein.

Good luck Caedus ;)

Nope Palio diet, two of my besties are fully certified PTs in the land of ice and snow. Side note: 100% proud to be "a fag or something" as you said. Wait aren't you gay too yang?

Did you say "besties"??

What are you...a fag or something?

(Chill bro, I'm saying these in jest)

What's your goal?

The thing with nutrition is that you can find just about every counter argument for every argument for every "fact" out there so ultimately it really comes down to how your own body works and your discretion. My rule of thumb is, try what's best for you and don't follow diet plans to the letter. Figure out what your needs are for your goals and eat accordingly to what you feel gives you best performance.

Anyone want to share your post-weight training recovery food/drink?

I haven't played with variety for a long enough time to know what's better than something else.

After weights, I mix a yogurt with some whey and a tbsp of honey. It ruins the taste some but it keeps the carb:protein at a 3:1 ratio.

Anyone want to share your post-weight training recovery food/drink?

I haven't played with variety for a long enough time to know what's better than something else.

After weights, I mix a yogurt with some whey and a tbsp of honey. It ruins the taste some but it keeps the carb:protein at a 3:1 ratio.

I mix yogurt, berries, hemp protein, agave nectar (better than hunny), green tea in a blender. Tastes great. Use raspberries, cranberries, blueberries, blackberries.

Check this out gang bang ;)

http://www.myfit.ca/foods_that_speed_metabolism.asp

Did you say "besties"??

What are you...a fag or something?

(Chill bro, I'm saying these in jest)

I did say besties. I'm 100% gay yangie. Sorry for all those with vjays vjays out there ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So for motivation to get myself to stop being lazy and actually really get going on toning myself up I took a before pic of myself and will take one every month to show progression of myself. I'm not sure which workouts to do but someone showed me one workout that looks good the Spartacus work out. It's prolly crazy but if I could get that kinda body I'd drool over myself. So wish me luck...

Posted Image

I took a before pic of myself and will take one every month to show progression of myself

Hey Prince, try to take the picture from the same spot each time, it will help when you do comparisons.

Good Luck! I've been doing Spartacus for about 7 weeks now and I've really noticed a difference in my core, arms, & legs.

Hey Prince, try to take the picture from the same spot each time, it will help when you do comparisons.

Good Luck! I've been doing Spartacus for about 7 weeks now and I've really noticed a difference in my core, arms, & legs.

Can you explan the spartacus workout, heard about it...but never done it. I really need to tone my upper body, legs are really muscular. Any advice vic?

Can you explan the spartacus workout, heard about it...but never done it. I really need to tone my upper body, legs are really muscular. Any advice vic?

There are a couple of workouts that people are referring to as the spartacus workout.

There's a '300' workout. Here's a link to a description. But you can also google "300 spartacus workout" and find other links and youtube videos.

And then there's the men's health Spartacus Workout. This is the one I've been doing and referred to. The PDF (on page two) gives you step by step instructions on how to do the workout and also provides good pictures. I've also found youtube video's of people doing the workout (although some of them aren't doing all the steps correctly.

Basically, it's a 42 minute workout where you do 10 sets of exercises (these 10 sets makes one circuit) with very little rest in between each set, you repeat each circuit 3 times . Each set seems to hit at least two muscle groups at a time. The short rests in between make it a good cardio workout too.

It seems like there is more of a leg focus when you just read the descriptions and less of a focus on upper body. But surprisingly, it does seem to hit just about everything. I've always had pretty muscular legs, but even for me the workout has toned up my quads, hamstrings, and even calves. The workout has definitely helped out with my core(abs) as well as back and chest.

I put a picture up of myself in the Show yourself? thread and I owe a lot of the definition to Sparty.

Anyhow, like any workout, variety is key (changing things up, not getting into a routine). At some point when this gets easy for me (meaning I'm not taking my 15 second break on my hands and knees, sweat pouring on the floor as I try to catch my breath), I'll have to try something else to keep the body confused.

Hope you give it a try and helps you towards your goals!

I don't follow any particular diet; however I try to limit the amount of bread I eat (which is tough for a Frenchman), and often have just a salad and a fruit/yoghurt for dinner.

I have printed the Spartacus routine indicated by Vic but haven't put it into practice yet. I run about 30 miles every week, swim 1.3 mile, and try to do my 250 crunches every day. That's plenty to use up all the calories I ingest. In fact, I've lost about 5 pounds since the beginning of March. I'm now about 137lbs. My objective is 133lbs, so really not much to go now. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't do a lot of vigorous exercise. But I walk a lot. And pace, I pace whenever I want to really focus my thoughts. I'm into poi and hula hooping. I would like to jog everyday. Jogging is a lot of fun for me, and I ran cross country in high school; but I fallen out of running shape since. I eat healthy food, but I overeat. Hmm... Anyway this summer I plan on doing a lot of hiking and jogging, I'll see if I get back in shape.