Do you keep in shape?

Well done, Tim! Sometimes, all it takes to change one's food habits is a little push from someone else. I remember when I stopped adding a sugar cube into my favourite hot drink. After a while I even started wondering whether I actually used to do that. Amazing how habits form and hold us prisoners. All we need is to replace them with a healthier habit.

Anyway, Gaytron, your encouragement is helping me: I went from 30 sit-ups in the morning to 300 a day. I ran almost 120 miles in April. My weight hasn't gone down much because the soft bits are being replaced by heavier muscle mass. Never mind. It's "fit" that really counts.

My next goal is cutting down on the after-dinner half-box of cookies Posted Image . Yes, I know, it seems like all my teeth are sweet. I need to find that suitable replacement.

OK, I think it's my turn. :) As I said here, I had signed up for a fat-burning programme in one of local fitness clubs. Today was my "midterm" measurement (after 20 days out of 31) and I've already beaten the limit! :) So far I've burnt 12 % of the fat (5.3 lbs in total number) - in 20 days! :2thumbs: And I won one monthly membership on top of it! ^_^ I'm officially back under 80 kg/176 lbs B) I still have some "cushion" to get rid of but I think I'm on the right way! :)

Edited by paya

Yay to you, Paya!

Isn't it nice when you actually see progress and when you know for sure that all that hard work is paying out?

Now, 60 days' worth of membership, and 20 days to get rid of 5.3lbs... You may be looking at shedding another 8-10lbs before the summer is here. Posted Image

I'm almost tempted to ask you what your height is Posted Image to get a better idea of that progress.

Seriously, though, what type of exercises do they make you do?

Lol coincidentally I was watching the biggest loser, when I began reading this thread.

Anyways I hate working out. Its like the worst thing ever. I used to be in great shape, because I played basketball everyday during the winter. This year however, I found I never shed the winter bulk :P

Ugh, I suppose I should bandwagon it and start doing something too ;_;

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been less obsessive about eating healthy :D and getting exactly the right amount of calories in. Nonetheless, my obsessiveness can't be cured in just a month i suppose. I feel weaker :(....I should start exercising soon. A new one-month plan should be started up soon :D

Been exercising for years now but going to make a extreme effort from no! And start eating healthy...

Mite lose another 12pounds. I'm not addicted to any thing so ges it wood go easy i'l see Posted Image

I've been less obsessive about eating healthy :D and getting exactly the right amount of calories in. Nonetheless, my obsessiveness can't be cured in just a month i suppose. I feel weaker :(....I should start exercising soon. A new one-month plan should be started up soon :D

Has anyone noticed how damned expensive it is to eat healthy? Why is that? How can Mickey D's charge $1 for a hamburger that I can't make for less than $4? (meat, bun, lettuce, pickles, tomato, cheese, onion plus sauces).

Has anyone noticed how damned expensive it is to eat healthy? Why is that? How can Mickey D's charge $1 for a hamburger that I can't make for less than $4? (meat, bun, lettuce, pickles, tomato, cheese, onion plus sauces).

It is expensive :/

But I've never had a fastfood burger so i dont feel i'm missing much. Veggie is the way to go :P(though i'm a fairly new vegetarian and am still getting the hang of trying not to be anemic).

If chicken were to disappear, I would starve.

The two things that I do most to keep in shape is rise the stationary bike and work out on the rowing machine.

A rowing machine is a really good way to work out because it works so many muscles.

The first few times you use one, you'll be sore in places you didn't know had muscles.

Thanks to the wonders of cocaine... Not really XDD I'm thin, thanks to my amazing metabolism. It's such a germ. It insists on keeping me from becoming not thin. What a nuisance!

--,--

Seriously though, I have been attending the gym for the past four weeks or so. Three or four times a week. Only twice this week because I've been busy doing nothing. I'm trying to build some upper body strength so that I can open jars and what not. THAT'S THE DREAM ANYWAY. I do a lot of weight training, cardio and ab training. Due to the mess that is my face, I require a body that will ensure that some humans may be mildly interested in touching me. Such is life! Oh, by the way, good luck to the rest of you with the weight burning. The number one rule is to be determined and not give up. That's actually two rules. And they're not even real rules. I actually just made them up. Yeah, I know. I'm gonna go now. JEEZ.

I'm trying to build some upper body strength so that I can open jars and what not. THAT'S THE DREAM ANYWAY. I do a lot of weight training, cardio and ab training.

Like you, I'm approaching this "keep-in-shape" with an accumulating rather than dwindling perspective... :) I've a naturally narrow frame anyway, but I'm 140 lb and 5' 11" -- the most I got was about 150 when I worked out 3x a week. But I think I lost that from the stress, last year, of flying places and clubbing+drinking too much+vomiting afterward. Anyway now I fiddle around with two dumbbells at home and gravity, and go swimming. (Incidentally yesterday when I weighed myself I was 141: hallelujah!)

Due to the mess that is my face, I require a body that will ensure that some humans may be mildly interested in touching me.

Your face is not a mess. And that's more or less what I did to get my man, so based on a sample size of one, it's a good way to go. Posted Image

Edited by corvus

Tim's right: time to report.

So, as of this morning, I'm officially under 140lbs, and feeling fantastic about it. I've lost 18lbs in the past year and a half. The scale is showing me numbers I haven't seen since last century! I'll soon feel like I'm 25 again. :2thumbs:

All this due to regular running (250km in May, more than 700km since the start of the year). I'm also back on the Friday night Fever 20-mile rollerblade race around Paris.

I've been feeling good enough about myself to go running shirtless around the park, trying to catch some sun.

Since my football days are over :( :( :( I'm gonna pick up rugby when I get to college.

How come? Injury?

Rugby can be a lot of fun too... It's considered quite the gentleman's sport over here.

Plus, there is some eye candy to be had there, if the Paris team and their Dieux du stade calendar is anything to go by. Yeah... they keep in shape alright!

Edited by Blue Phoenix

Ya you got that right the guys in the local team are...HOT!Posted Image

So lost a couple of pounds feeling better now to work on that six pack a-gen...

though ive got no where near a six pack (more of a big one pack right now =) since this time last year, ive lost about 20kgs (but still got alot to go), then put 5kgs back on again :thumbdown:

i changed my diet, thanks to me wanting to be a chef, i started learning how to cook healthy, and since mum hates long food bills, ive made my meals healthy and really cheap

ive got such a big obsession with the rowing machine, i swear the seat has moulded to my but shape!!

started walking my stupidly-energetic dog longer and more often, now after a walk he flobs down on the lounge faster then me!!!!

but a month from now i will lose atleast 2kgs!!!!! so sorry chocolate, you got voted off the island

and gaytron, im a lesbian, and ive got to say... you abs are lookin good!!!!!

though ive got no where near a six pack (more of a big one pack right now =) since this time last year, ive lost about 20kgs (but still got alot to go), then put 5kgs back on again :thumbdown:

i changed my diet, thanks to me wanting to be a chef, i started learning how to cook healthy, and since mum hates long food bills, ive made my meals healthy and really cheap

ive got such a big obsession with the rowing machine, i swear the seat has moulded to my but shape!!

started walking my stupidly-energetic dog longer and more often, now after a walk he flobs down on the lounge faster then me!!!!

but a month from now i will lose atleast 2kgs!!!!! so sorry chocolate, you got voted off the island

and gaytron, im a lesbian, and ive got to say... you abs are lookin good!!!!!

Lol well thank you .. Ok guys i Have been MIA for like a whole month now... SORRY!!! been busy with school and a new internship.