Do you keep in shape?

well, im cutting down. i cant go cold turkey from the amount ive been drinking to nothing or i will get a migraine for days :thumbdown:

so far today since i went to bed at 7:30am until now, i've only drank 2 cans of pepsi, compared to my normal 5 or 6. and yes, it is very bad for me, i know. i need to break the habit for good this time. water just tastes better, and if i decide i need flavor, then lemonade. but mostly water. clean, pure, fresh, unfiltered, non-chemically altered farm fresh well water :)

hopefully if i dont get a massive headache i will be free again in a couple days, my goal is by the end of my week to be rid of caffeine and artificial colors/flavors.

well if i could tell you anything its the withdraw is worth it. Not everything in life is easy. If it were easy we would all look like swim suit models. Your body isn't going to like what your about to do to it. Wait it out. You'll be glad you did.

Good idea!

Though I'm not in shape, I do walk alot, considering that i don't have a car, so i get a ride from my parents or walk where ever I want to go.

But I'll join. For this month, I'll be reducing the amount of coffee I drink, i used to drink around 3-6 cups a day, and drink more water. I'll also try to walk more often, and for longer, and I'll try to go to the gym at my college.

Don't have to even use a gym. When i was 18 i lost 19 pounds just by doing yoga, crunches, and push ups at my house. You have access to the internet. Youtube a beginners yoga video and do it. Its relaxing and its a great work out. Do it for like ten minutes a day and then add in either crunches or push ups every other day. Have fun with it.

It's not that I have fitness restrictions, per se, but don't like exercise, and also don't have the time for it. I help my husband all the time, driving, shopping, getting to and from appointments--lifting and pushing his wheelchair, helping him in and out of the car, helping him in the shower and toilet; everything. I work plenty, so I'm not afraid of the activity, it's just not the right kind--and not any time for an established workout of any kind.

I don't shirk walking or using stairs by myself (unless it's more than one flight, bad knees)--even in 'Vegas I prefer to walk the strip rather than cab it; I'll drive our van only if we're pressed for time, or I don't want to desert sweat our clothes before dinner.

Most of our weight gain problems can be tracked to three things, primarly: Portion sizes, food choices, lack of physical activity.

All three of those without exercise can make Jack a fat boy.

Muahahaha now that i know you can work out I am going to suggest you do. Ten minutes a day for five days a week.... that's less then an hour a week. get some cardio in your routine. Get out of your comfort zone. get your pulse rate up and do something. Jump roping. Jumping is good for your core. you use your core muscles to jump. jumping jacks. hmmmmm what else.... when you jump land lightly like a cat. you don't have to go super high i know you said your knees are bad. crunches are easy and do modified push ups. you won't have to do it very long before you feel the work out hitting you. Give yourself ten minutes a day. It will help you with everything else that you do daily.

Gabe you are built Dude. Congrats on that. As for me...haha....well I'm not that built. I play tennis all the time and I have lots of musle but I'm not skinny. I just don't have healthy eating habits and I have a low metabolism. I'm in the middle weight wise. Im avg. I'm happy. :D

Ok.

Since I went to bed at 7:30 yesterday morning, Almost 23 hours ago, I have only drank 3 cans of Pepsi and a lot of lemonade. I did however decide I am done with Pepsi. Just in case I need the caffeine, I bought a 4-pack of Red Bull Cola. It contains no Phosphoric Acid and no Artificial Flavors. It still has the caffeine and sugar though, One of which I'm trying to eliminate.

Ingredients of Pepsi:

-Carbonated Water

-High Fructose Corn syrup

-Caramel Color

-Sugar

-Phosphoric Acid

-Caffeine

-Citric Acid

-Natural Flavors

Ingredients of Red Bull Cola:

-Water

-Sugar

-Carbon Dioxide

-Caramel Color

-Natural Flavors from Plant Extracts(Galangal, Vanilla, Mustard Seed, Lime, Cola Nut, Cacao, Licorice, Cinnamon, Lemon, Ginger, Coca Leaf, Orange, Corn Mint, Pine, Cardamom, Mace, Clove)

-Lemon Juice Concentrate

-Caffeine from Coffee Beans

The one down-side of the RB is that it costs a lot, So it definitely won't be habit-forming. Over $5 for 4 twelve-ounce cans is a little excessive, Like 6x the cost of Pepsi.

So my plan is still to cut it all out, I just need a few more days to get there. I've had a ghost of a headache for the last 8 hours or so, But I'm just ignoring it unless it turns into something much worse. 3 cans in one day is a major cut-down from the last couple months(is it bad when you can't remember the last time you drank anything other than Pepsi?).

Alright. I'm susceptible to peer pressure, I'm in. Who knows it could be fun.

Sweet what are your goals?

Gabe you are built Dude. Congrats on that. As for me...haha....well I'm not that built. I play tennis all the time and I have lots of musle but I'm not skinny. I just don't have healthy eating habits and I have a low metabolism. I'm in the middle weight wise. Im avg. I'm happy. :D

So to speed yup your metabolism you gotta eat in a different pattern. If you eat small portioned meals every 2 hours you'll speed it up. Plus your speed matches your metabolism speed. Add in some extra running sessions and before you know it you'll be running to keep up with your metabolism.

Im a twig, but I'm not in shape. :lol:

how often do you do push ups and pull ups? Add a little extra in and you'll be surprised at what you can gain.

I object!...to me trying to eat healthier. I'll eat an apple tomorrow, will that work? I love apples anyways; almost as much as pineapples.

The apple will work. You really should eat healthy. Forget eating healthy just take out the bigger of the food sins for now. Pepsi, Candy, and cheese.

Ok.

Since I went to bed at 7:30 yesterday morning, Almost 23 hours ago, I have only drank 3 cans of Pepsi and a lot of lemonade. I did however decide I am done with Pepsi. Just in case I need the caffeine, I bought a 4-pack of Red Bull Cola. It contains no Phosphoric Acid and no Artificial Flavors. It still has the caffeine and sugar though, One of which I'm trying to eliminate.

Ingredients of Pepsi:

-Carbonated Water

-High Fructose Corn syrup

-Caramel Color

-Sugar

-Phosphoric Acid

-Caffeine

-Citric Acid

-Natural Flavors

Ingredients of Red Bull Cola:

-Water

-Sugar

-Carbon Dioxide

-Caramel Color

-Natural Flavors from Plant Extracts(Galangal, Vanilla, Mustard Seed, Lime, Cola Nut, Cacao, Licorice, Cinnamon, Lemon, Ginger, Coca Leaf, Orange, Corn Mint, Pine, Cardamom, Mace, Clove)

-Lemon Juice Concentrate

-Caffeine from Coffee Beans

The one down-side of the RB is that it costs a lot, So it definitely won't be habit-forming. Over $5 for 4 twelve-ounce cans is a little excessive, Like 6x the cost of Pepsi.

So my plan is still to cut it all out, I just need a few more days to get there. I've had a ghost of a headache for the last 8 hours or so, But I'm just ignoring it unless it turns into something much worse. 3 cans in one day is a major cut-down from the last couple months(is it bad when you can't remember the last time you drank anything other than Pepsi?).

The pepsi is terrible. I wish you would just take it out of your diet. It will be very easy for you to fall back into old habits unless you kick them. Kick pepsi in the balls and do the right thing.

Edited by Gaytron87

Okay this could be interesting. I used to do 500 crunches a day for the fun of it in grade 6 up to grade 8. It got me some decent abs like the one you got going now, Gabe. It's time to try to reach that again. I might even try running a couple of miles every other day to get rid of some fat and start working on my lower abs. This will also stop people from nagging about me not using the home gym in the basement, which is a plus! :lol:

Losing Sprite will be a challenge for me. :( I've sort of gotten the habit of drinking one of those small bottles a day but I will try to stop. Maybe I can drink more juice or something. I just need to find a suitable replacement because I never really liked just drinking plain water

edit: I'm going to postpone my support to this until next weekend since I just had quite an unhealthy dinner and I'm go party after my last final this week.

Edited by tjajcj
  • Like 1

Hmm, this is a very good topic!

I used to go to the gym 2-3 times a week, but I haven't in the past year. The simple reason for that is that, now that I've got a paramour, I don't need to keep handsome to catch flies. :music: Of course that is also a fairly awful reason. I could go to the gym again, but I can't -- because I only have one pair of shoes, and they're loafers. Again, fairly awful reason.

But in order to join all of you in your endeavors... I used to do pushups, crunches, etc before gyming; I think I shall recommence that, at least until I get a new pair of shoes. I don't drink any soda, but apparently the juices I drink are concentrate and have even more sugar than soft drinks. So I'll mix it with water and eat real fruits instead. :2hands:

I have to come up with goals now, crap. Well, I know what I have to do, I've just become complacent.

1)Make plan

2)Follow plan

3)Readjust diet

4)Hello hot bod

I've been telling myself that I would do this since February, but now that we're all getting together for a fitness pact, I'll finally start.

I'm kind of excited about this.

why do people need to be encouraged to work out? just do it, plain and simple.

Well, you asked LOL

I can only speak for myself.

I despise physical activity. If it wasn't part of what I get paid for each day, I wouldn't do it. Call me unmotivated, Lazy, Stubborn, Whatever. It's just how I am.

Of course, I realized that I needed a different job about 10 years ago when I was sitting staring a computer monitor all day every day. Shoveling shit on the farm is much more physical than that job was(or even milking cows).

Ok, Pepsi update:

It's been a long time, Like since yesterday morning 1am. No Pepsi at all. I had one RB Cola yesterday about 3am, But no caffeine since then. I've drank lemonade and more lemonade. And some water.

I have a headache, But it's tolerable so far.

Now I'm going to bed and hope my headache doesn't get worse. Maybe I will kick the caffeine/Pepsi habit sooner than I thought I could/would :)

This is completely ruining my plans of dying from a heart attack while eating a Baconator; geeze.

Dude, you're telling me, I live within walking distance of a Hardees and Krispy Kreme. FML.

Well, I have a short attention span, I'm easily bored, I'm hard to motivate, and I don't do things well by myself because of the aforementioned reasons.

Do you get why it might be hard, now?

Okay this could be interesting. I used to do 500 crunches a day for the fun of it in grade 6 up to grade 8. It got me some decent abs like the one you got going now, Gabe. It's time to try to reach that again. I might even try running a couple of miles every other day to get rid of some fat and start working on my lower abs. This will also stop people from nagging about me not using the home gym in the basement, which is a plus! :lol:

Losing Sprite will be a challenge for me. :( I've sort of gotten the habit of drinking one of those small bottles a day but I will try to stop. Maybe I can drink more juice or something. I just need to find a suitable replacement because I never really liked just drinking plain water

edit: I'm going to postpone my support to this until next weekend since I just had quite an unhealthy dinner and I'm go party after my last final this week.

well thats just it. You need to make healthy choices all the time. That's the point. start now

Hmm, this is a very good topic!

I used to go to the gym 2-3 times a week, but I haven't in the past year. The simple reason for that is that, now that I've got a paramour, I don't need to keep handsome to catch flies. :music: Of course that is also a fairly awful reason. I could go to the gym again, but I can't -- because I only have one pair of shoes, and they're loafers. Again, fairly awful reason.

But in order to join all of you in your endeavors... I used to do pushups, crunches, etc before gyming; I think I shall recommence that, at least until I get a new pair of shoes. I don't drink any soda, but apparently the juices I drink are concentrate and have even more sugar than soft drinks. So I'll mix it with water and eat real fruits instead. :2hands:

Yea juice is terrible it even has more sodium then soda does. good point.

I have to come up with goals now, crap. Well, I know what I have to do, I've just become complacent.

1)Make plan

2)Follow plan

3)Readjust diet

4)Hello hot bod

I've been telling myself that I would do this since February, but now that we're all getting together for a fitness pact, I'll finally start.

I'm kind of excited about this.

Lol well Greg running and push ups mixed with crunches and pull ups is a good way to start your plan.

Because not every one is as amazing as you are ;]

This is completely ruining my plans of dying from a heart attack while eating a Baconator; geeze.

LOL well you can die having sex now

Well, you asked LOL

I can only speak for myself.

I despise physical activity. If it wasn't part of what I get paid for each day, I wouldn't do it. Call me unmotivated, Lazy, Stubborn, Whatever. It's just how I am.

Of course, I realized that I needed a different job about 10 years ago when I was sitting staring a computer monitor all day every day. Shoveling shit on the farm is much more physical than that job was(or even milking cows).

Ok, Pepsi update:

It's been a long time, Like since yesterday morning 1am. No Pepsi at all. I had one RB Cola yesterday about 3am, But no caffeine since then. I've drank lemonade and more lemonade. And some water.

I have a headache, But it's tolerable so far.

Now I'm going to bed and hope my headache doesn't get worse. Maybe I will kick the caffeine/Pepsi habit sooner than I thought I could/would :)

So it seems your more apt to drinking soda late at night... HMMMM maybe you need to get to bed early???

OK, I've avoided posting here long enough :D it looks Gabe is taking it seriously, so I'll add my two cents...

Well, I'd had an on and off relationship with several gyms around here before, so I'm not a total newbie though I still have much to improve. So I decided to sign up for this one program focused on burning your body fat a week ago, just before this thread was found. I'm trying to change my diet - I eliminated sugar (I still get some from fruits and juices, muesli bars and stuff), I got rid of the white, wheat pastry and I try to focus on eating more healthily. I used to eat twice or three times a day, now I'm munching on something almost all the time - it keeps you from over-eating being hungry and your metabolism is kept on high working. And I decided to go back to the gym as many times as possible, last week it was 5 times out of 7 days. I've paid for the monthly membership and it's more motivating because every time I don't go there, the average price for one entry just gets higher ;) Part (well, better said the goal) of that program is that you (I) burn 10 % of my body fat in next 31 days (now only 24 left...). Now when I came out with that on public :D I'm under your supervision as well, so I hope it helps. :)

Oh, and I'm considering walking more. The public transport system here is compensating that I don't have a car, so I'm not that motivated to walk. Moreover my work is 5 km (slightly over 3 miles) far, so it's like 45-60 minutes of walking and I like sleeping in the morning more :D But compared with the travel by buses that takes around 20-30 minutes... I'm really considering it... (but I'm also considering moving nearer my work :D )

So it seems your more apt to drinking soda late at night... HMMMM maybe you need to get to bed early???

Well, I would LOVE to get to bed earlier, Unfortunately, My boss insist I be awake when I'm at work. I've been trying to get him to loosen up on the subject, But yeah. Working 2 jobs just isn't good for your sleep pattern, Especially when you work all night and then have to come home, take a nap and then get up and go to work before you can come home and take a shower to get ready to go to work :lmao:

Surprisingly, My headache went away(for now).

I was also thinking back to when I started back on Pepsi, Because previously, I had been off of it for a couple years.

It goes back to my road trip at the end of 2007/Early 2008. I needed to stay awake, And so I bought a bottle of Pepsi, Thinking it would help me keep awake. And here it is 2 years later, And it's been more than 1 bottle of Pepsi. So yeah, It was time to stop again.

So, I was looking at the Lemonade I'm drinking now, It has as much if not more sugar in it than Pepsi? :wacko: Same with fruit juices?

I can't stand the taste of Gatorade, Powerade, Etc.....

I do not like energy drinks.

So what does that leave me to drink besides water? Not that I have anything against just water, But I do like some flavor once in a while.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated, I'll try almost anything at least once.

Well, I have a short attention span, I'm easily bored, I'm hard to motivate, and I don't do things well by myself because of the aforementioned reasons.

Do you get why it might be hard, now?

Greg,

First find a work out buddy is probably the best thing since a husband or wife. Find somebody motivated/and or more motivated than yourself and tell them to push you, vice versa. It works. You don't need to go to the gym (I haven't really read the whole thread) so I'm sure somebody has said that.

Motivation? I dunno what you look like, I'm sure you look fine, but imagine yourself even better than now. Shoot a goal for the summer, loose 10 pounds by the end of June? You can run 3 days a week, or even just diet. If you want to lose fast I'd suggest some sort of negative carb diet, literally no carbs, the fat will fall off like an eroding cliff promise. There are other various diets (all about personal pref) and way to cut fat really quick, or slow. You must be diligent and never falter from the path of the diet though, or else your metabolism won't recreate itself.

I don't know how to quell your boredom, for me, I just bring my ipod and usually brainstorm story ideas or something.

Because not every one is as amazing as you are ;]

I'm pretty amazing, thank you

• Like 2

OK, I've avoided posting here long enough :D it looks Gabe is taking it seriously, so I'll add my two cents...

Well, I'd had an on and off relationship with several gyms around here before, so I'm not a total newbie though I still have much to improve. So I decided to sign up for this one program focused on burning your body fat a week ago, just before this thread was found. I'm trying to change my diet - I eliminated sugar (I still get some from fruits and juices, muesli bars and stuff), I got rid of the white, wheat pastry and I try to focus on eating more healthily. I used to eat twice or three times a day, now I'm munching on something almost all the time - it keeps you from over-eating being hungry and your metabolism is kept on high working. And I decided to go back to the gym as many times as possible, last week it was 5 times out of 7 days. I've paid for the monthly membership and it's more motivating because every time I don't go there, the average price for one entry just gets higher ;) Part (well, better said the goal) of that program is that you (I) burn 10 % of my body fat in next 31 days (now only 24 left...). Now when I came out with that on public :D I'm under your supervision as well, so I hope it helps. :)

Oh, and I'm considering walking more. The public transport system here is compensating that I don't have a car, so I'm not that motivated to walk. Moreover my work is 5 km (slightly over 3 miles) far, so it's like 45-60 minutes of walking and I like sleeping in the morning more :D But compared with the travel by buses that takes around 20-30 minutes... I'm really considering it... (but I'm also considering moving nearer my work :D )

Sounds like your on your way to doing great things for your body. Even if you take the bus to work you can walk home?

Well, I would LOVE to get to bed earlier, Unfortunately, My boss insist I be awake when I'm at work. I've been trying to get him to loosen up on the subject, But yeah. Working 2 jobs just isn't good for your sleep pattern, Especially when you work all night and then have to come home, take a nap and then get up and go to work before you can come home and take a shower to get ready to go to work :lmao:

Surprisingly, My headache went away(for now).

I was also thinking back to when I started back on Pepsi, Because previously, I had been off of it for a couple years.

It goes back to my road trip at the end of 2007/Early 2008. I needed to stay awake, And so I bought a bottle of Pepsi, Thinking it would help me keep awake. And here it is 2 years later, And it's been more than 1 bottle of Pepsi. So yeah, It was time to stop again.

So, I was looking at the Lemonade I'm drinking now, It has as much if not more sugar in it than Pepsi? :wacko: Same with fruit juices?

I can't stand the taste of Gatorade, Powerade, Etc.....

I do not like energy drinks.

So what does that leave me to drink besides water? Not that I have anything against just water, But I do like some flavor once in a while.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated, I'll try almost anything at least once.

I wasn't aware you worked late. So flavored drinks.... green teas only problem you run into with them is high caffeine. I like drinking gatorade. I also use some recovery drinks for when i work out and a ton of water. water is the best thing for you....

I wasn't aware you worked late. So flavored drinks.... green teas only problem you run into with them is high caffeine. I like drinking gatorade. I also use some recovery drinks for when i work out and a ton of water. water is the best thing for you....

There's another potential problem with green tea...just like all other teas and red wine. It also contains tannin which causes muscle spasms in the back in some people.