Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

The history of the King of Cliffhangers award.

For the benifit of those new to our forum, I thought I'd post a breif history of the King of Cliffhangers award.

The King of Cliffhangers Award began several years ago. It was was handed out, with utter impartiality, by a very select and secretive committee, appointed by the utterly impartial head of GA's Writer Support Team. This committee, whose member's identities were confidential, were identified only by their official titles. There was an author, a hosted author, a moderator, an administrator of GA, a GA Team Leader, a former Anthology Coordinator, etc. (There were scurrilous rumors spread regarding the membership of this committee, but I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that the committee was unanimously devoted to its purpose!)

This high and noble (and utterly impartial) committee deliberated, carefully weighed the evidence, and bestowed the very first King of Cliffhangers award. The decision was absolutely unanimous: Shadowgod was the first recipient of the King of Cliffhangers award, due to posting a chapter that is know to this day as "The Mother of all Cliffhangers".

Then, at that point, a group of miscreants and agitators, began miscreating and agitating... Anyway, they agitated, and had the King of Cliffhangers award made part of the GA Reader's Choice Awards, to be voted on by the GA membership instead of being decided on by the utterly impartial committee. I, naively trusting in the integrity of honest elections, thought all would be well, but little did I know the extent of depravity and utter evil of certain agitators.

So, to my shock and abject horror, I watched, helpless, as they nominated me, and then, in the election itself, they waged a campaign of disinformation, and managed to get me, the devout avoider of cliffhangers, elected King of Cliffhangers!

I was shocked, devastated, appalled... And even moreso when they did the same again the following year. :blink:

Thankfully, I was spared such an unjust fate last year, and was not nominated.

So, there we have it: a history of the King of Cliffhangers award.

Two out of three ain't bad, Cliff James.

:wub:

But but but... I'd never have anything to do with a cliff, or a cliffhanger! :blink:

And, might I point out that it's four... There have been three GA Awards King of Cliffhangers votes, and the one award preceding them, given by the impartial and anonymous committee. The winner for that one was Shadowgod, GA's first King of Cliffhangers, and for that reason the King of Cliffhanger award is often referred to as "Shadowgod's Cliffhanging Throne".

CJ :P

I noticed your utter failure to include any reference to the chapter that got you initially nominated. There are so many of them, I can't seem to remember the exact chapter that triggered it. Perhaps you recall which one it was?

• Site Moderator

Actually, I think this is CJ's way of openly campaigning for the office of King/Queen of Cliffhangers. He's been campaigning for some time now and we haven't even made the first announcement about the 2010 GA Readers Choice Awards.

Hmm.. Cj, I do remember a certain someone that made the King of Cliffhanger award a two year in a row limit... you weren't nominated because of THAT rule and that rule only. ;)

So, this year... since someone else took it last year.. we have all the more reason to bestow on you the honor this year. :)

Hmm.. Cj, I do remember a certain someone that made the King of Cliffhanger award a two year in a row limit... you weren't nominated because of THAT rule and that rule only. ;)

So, this year... since someone else took it last year.. we have all the more reason to bestow on you the honor this year. :)

B)..............I might agree, however it seems that you left us a hell of a cliffhanger in 'Are You Christian' yourself!! 0:)

Edited by Benji

It's easy to be impartial to a goat who bribes you... no one wants to be chased around a cliffedge by something with horns and sunglasses.

I can say, with absolute certainty, that no member of the committee was coerced or bribed in any way. The utterly impartial committee, with total impartiality (and utter unanimity) came to its verdict very quickly.

I noticed your utter failure to include any reference to the chapter that got you initially nominated. There are so many of them, I can't seem to remember the exact chapter that triggered it. Perhaps you recall which one it was?

But but but... I never use cliffhangers, so I think you must be mistaken!

Graphics for those unfamiliar with goats and cliff hanging. :lmao:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glanceview/128271/goats-climb-near-vertical-dam-wall.glance

But, that's a dam, so it doesn't count. 0:)

Actually, I think this is CJ's way of openly campaigning for the office of King/Queen of Cliffhangers. He's been campaigning for some time now and we haven't even made the first announcement about the 2010 GA Readers Choice Awards.

If that's true, it's horrible, and I must be foiled in my nefarious scheme. The easiest way to do so it to vote against me. :read:

I wonder if we should go through CJ

• Site Administrator

The King of Cliffhangers Award began several years ago. It was was handed out, with utter impartiality, by a very select and secretive committee, appointed by the utterly impartial head of GA's Writer Support Team. This committee, whose member's identities were confidential, were identified only by their official titles. There was an author, a hosted author, a moderator, an administrator of GA, a GA Team Leader, a former Anthology Coordinator, etc. (There were scurrilous rumors spread regarding the membership of this committee, but I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that the committee was unanimously devoted to its purpose!)

While it's never been officially stated, the membership of that committee is believed to be as follows:

Head of the GA's Writer Support Team: C James

Author: C James

Hosted Author: C James

Moderator: C James

Administrator of GA : C James

GA Team Leader: C James

Former Anthology Coordinator: C James

Which goes to show how active C James is -- he did all of the above AND ran the committee of the above members.... :D

While it's never been officially stated, the membership of that committee is believed to be as follows:

Head of the GA's Writer Support Team: C James

Author: C James

Hosted Author: C James

Moderator: C James

Administrator of GA : C James

GA Team Leader: C James

Former Anthology Coordinator: C James

Which goes to show how active C James is -- he did all of the above AND ran the committee of the above members.... :D

:blink: :blink: :ph34r:

Graeme!! Let's not get that ugly rumor started again! :blink:

Would sweet, innocent (and impartial) me ever do such a thing as that? :blink:

Oh, and BTW, when it comes to cliffhangers, let us always remember, and never forget, that Graeme is wanted by the police! The Cliffhanger Police!

:music::P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..