Movie that made U cry?

I read a sample of dream boy on google books and saw the movie ... its sad but as someone else said Dumbo made them cry ... but Dream boy did not make me cry

It just became apparent that he's a ghost after what happen.

2.37 is more sadder because you don't know who going to die until the end of the film

Several, to be honest, but the one I should mention is Deep Impact. I cried the first AND the second time I watched that movie. That's never happened with other movies, ever. The only reason (I think) that I didn't cry the third time is because there's never been a third time: I've only watched it twice.

Wow. Folks will prolly peg me for an emotional sot. Sadly True.

Movies that left me verklempt, and red-eyed.

1) LOTR - Fellowship

2) LOTR - Return

3) Latter Days - Very emotionally satisfying.

4) Wit (I challenge anyone to watch this one and not lose it)

5) Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn (Hey, I grew up with Spock. I wasn't ready to lose him)

6) Prayers for Bobby

7) Avatar (really)

8) Old Yeller - Jeez, he had to be shot. :(

9) A Christmas Carol - w/George C. Scott in as Scrooge (simply the best)

There will be many more come to mind. But not now.

Steve³

Wit. Never seen the play, but I thought the movie was amazing.

Several, to be honest, but the one I should mention is Deep Impact. I cried the first AND the second time I watched that movie. That's never happened with other movies, ever. The only reason (I think) that I didn't cry the third time is because there's never been a third time: I've only watched it twice.

I loved Deep Impact. I cry every time.

Some others..

A walk to remember

Latter Days (I love Wes Ramsey :wub: )

Sweet November

Secondhand Lions gets me every freaking time! "The kid gets it all. Just plant us in the damn garden, next to the stupid lion" :,(

I don't think I ever cried from a movie. Maybe I have a heart of stone or something, but movies don't really affect me that way. I mean, I have laughed so hard that I cried, but never got into that emotional mood where anything could bring tears to my eyes. I usually watch horror movies, so maybe that is the problem. That is not saying that I don't watch other movies...my favorite non-horror movie is Pride & Prejudice, only for the simple fact that the scenery described in the book came out on screen. I remember when I first saw Titanic, I laughed so hard, because it was the biggest romance story and all I could pay attention to was how everyone died. Every time I watch it, I just skip ahead to the part when the boat splits in half, because that is when the action starts. You know, that is probably the reason that I am not affected by those types of movies.

• 4 weeks later...

really lame, but toy story 3 and how to tame your dragon made me cry

NOT lame at all!!!!

Toy Story 3 was saaaaad! I haven't seen How to Tame your dragon yet, but i also cried in Lilo and Stitch, UP, and also i cry EVERY time i see the Lion King. Still. No matter HOW many times i watch it. I also cried in TMNT (that new version of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). and Brother Bear. Saddest. Movie. EVer.

I also used to cry in Milo & Otis when i was a kid. I'd probably cry again if i watched it now. But just becuase i know what they did to those animals now :(

(Also- i could excuse seeing all these movies by telling you all i'm a babysitter... which i am. But really i just love kids movies. Hey- when else are you almost ALWAYS guarenteed of a happy ending?)

So many.....I'm totally pathetic when it comes to movies and crying. I can't even watch Final Fantasy: Advent Children without crying at the end. Every. Damn. Time. >_< So I try my hardest not to watch sad movies.

I'd have to say, although not really a "sad" movie, that "A Beautiful Mind" made me cry. Hard to describe exactly why. I guess I'd say i am overcome with empathy for the courage John Nash had overcoming his disability, on his own terms, and achieving incredible success in life. A truly amazing story. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

Edited by bigbear427

Sad movies aren't really enough to make me cry. They just make me really moody.

However, the saddest Hollywood movie I've ever watched would probably be either Brokeback Mountain or LOTR: ROTK

Edited by thephoenix

One of the saddest movies ever for me was A.I.

Oh and the kiwi movie on youtube.

And Fried Green Tomatoes

Deep Impact during the tsunami

What Dreams May Come

Whale Rider

Stay

ugh, this topic is gonna make me cry thinking about all these movies.

Edited by TomRedsim
Guest Jesse_James

I tend to tear up alot during movies or tv shows but these get me everytime.

"Soldier's Girl" - 1st movie that I literally cried

"Titanic"- I watched it when I was younger back when it 1st came out but it did nothing to me, then I watched it recently as an adult and I totally teared up lol.

I tend to tear up alot during movies or tv shows but these get me everytime.

"Soldier's Girl" - 1st movie that I literally cried

"Titanic"- I watched it when I was younger back when it 1st came out but it did nothing to me, then I watched it recently as an adult and I totally teared up lol.

Soldier's Girl was a hard one for me too. It broke my heart for it was a true story, just like Brandon Teena's story in Boy's Don't Cry. :,(

I don't ever cry during a movie, in fact I usually laugh at really sad and inapropriate parts (maybe that's my version of crying?). I watched District 9 recently and actually cried slightly, which really surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to be sad at all.

Rosewood

Titanic

Cruel Intentions

Seven Pounds

Crash

Lilo and Stitch

A couple of these are more a reflection of my emotional state while watching the movie than the actual ability of the movie to evoke tears.