Movie that made U cry?

What's the saddest movie you have ever seen?

I watched "Dream Boy" tonight and I almost dyed of sadness. There really should be enough warnings if the story is so cruel. Still it was a beautiful love story between to boys and I recommend it with a full heart. Just prepair yourself with enough tissues or a shoulder to cry on... Thank god I have a friend who quickly cheered me up with a new story of hers.

There are several movies that have made me cry.

The most recent one being "Rites Of Passage" Jason Behr was so good in that movie, he broke my heart with his performance.

"Titanic" was another one but it has sadly lost it's effect because I've seen it so much.

"Thelma And Louise" was the theme of my teen years, just wanting to escape. That movie stirred alot of emotions in me during that time.

"Abandon" with Katie Holmes was also another one, the theme of loneliness really hit a spot back in that time.

"A Walk To Remember" Who wouldn't cry watching that movie?

There are several others but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

The first one I can remember was pokemon (the first movie). It was so powerful when Ash was brought back to life by all the pokemon (good and "evil"). Of course I was like 10 when I saw it ^^ so maybe it wouldn't be as moving now.

Other movies I cried in that I remember were Erin Brockovich, A Walk to Rememeber, King Kong (the new one), Click (lame i know)...ohh and Lion King every time :P

My bf got Dream Boy so we can see it tonight...hope its not that sad.

Edit: Another one that I watched a couple of times and then showed it to my friends to see if they would find it powerful too was "Alphadog", which is based on a real story and has some pretty good performances (especially by Anton Yelchin, Justin Timberlake and Sharon Stone) and also touches on some really tough topics that are so common nowadays like parents not being responsible about their kids or not listening to them. There's also drugs and reckless partying that are cause of rich teenagers having too much time on their hands and no one to stop them....I dunno lots of stuff lol. I think its pretty good AND it has some hot boys and girls in it ^^

Edited by JamieD

There were a lot of gay-themed movies that made me cry (sometimes in sadness + sometimes in happiness = >:'D ? )

Let's seee... There was "Prayers for Bobby" -> which really opened my eyes to how important it is to tell your loved one that you love them every chance you get.

"No Regret," (with delish KOREAN actors! <3) was pretty sad in some parts, and then happy in others. :)

"Bangkok Love Story" made me cry for sure, knows how to pull at a viewer's heart string. D:

and this list goes on and on :')

The first one I can remember was pokemon (the first movie). It was so powerful when Ash was brought back to life by all the pokemon (good and "evil"). Of course I was like 10 when I saw it ^^ so maybe it wouldn't be as moving now.

Other movies I cried in that I remember were Erin Brockovich, A Walk to Rememeber, King Kong (the new one), Click (lame i know)...ohh and Lion King every time :P

My bf got Dream Boy so we can see it tonight...hope its not that sad.

Edit: Another one that I watched a couple of times and then showed it to my friends to see if they would find it powerful too was "Alphadog", which is based on a real story and has some pretty good performances (especially by Anton Yelchin, Justin Timberlake and Sharon Stone) and also touches on some really tough topics that are so common nowadays like parents not being responsible about their kids or not listening to them. There's also drugs and reckless partying that are cause of rich teenagers having too much time on their hands and no one to stop them....I dunno lots of stuff lol. I think its pretty good AND it has some hot boys and girls in it ^^

So, was it as sad for the two of you as it was for me? :(

So, was it as sad for the two of you as it was for me? :(

No! It wasn't lol, not because the story wasn't sad, but because the acting and the writing were soo bad...we're big time movie critics and it was just impossible to get immersed in the story. I kept thinking that no two teenagers can spend so much time without saying a word and only stealing furtive glances at each other. The woman who played Nathan's mother was even worse than the actor that played Nathan and then there were the sexual scenes that were handled so very poorly lol. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't get touched by this movie but I myself could not enjoy it. I think the lighting was the best achievement he-he.

No! It wasn't lol, not because the story wasn't sad, but because the acting and the writing were soo bad...we're big time movie critics and it was just impossible to get immersed in the story. I kept thinking that no two teenagers can spend so much time without saying a word and only stealing furtive glances at each other. The woman who played Nathan's mother was even worse than the actor that played Nathan and then there were the sexual scenes that were handled so very poorly lol. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't get touched by this movie but I myself could not enjoy it. I think the lighting was the best achievement he-he.

Lol! Serius critics! :2thumbs: Can't wait for one of U reading my stories... jaix...

I saw it in a total different light and in retrospective you do have a point or two there! I loved the silent, ackward moments between the boyz. What can a boy say when he has really little words to express the thoughts.

I liked the scene in the buss, I thoughed that was beautiful, just what the other boys said afterwards to Nathan bothered me a bit.

Um pretty sure I've never cried so hard as I did when watching "Life is Beautiful." And that was back when I was 17 and never cried for anything.

A few others that get me, "A Walk to Remember," "Marley and Me," "August Rush." Nowadays I cry pretty easy

I'm gona take some of your suggestions, since I'm a movie peasant. I'm more accustomed to radio dramatizations of movies. so, for what it's worth, madam x, only yesterday, broken arrow, the champ, the elephant man, love story, terms of indeerment, randem harvest. these are anxient movies but Ive discovered it a year ago. Maybe I had my head under a stone all these years but the are the movies for what it's worth. some interesting suggestions comming from you though

• Site Administrator

I've cried while watching a lot of movies, but I can't remember most of them :P One movie that I've never forgotten that I cried at, and that I've never been ashamed of crying at was "E.T.".

Wow. Folks will prolly peg me for an emotional sot. Sadly True.

Movies that left me verklempt, and red-eyed.

1) LOTR - Fellowship

2) LOTR - Return

3) Latter Days - Very emotionally satisfying.

4) Wit (I challenge anyone to watch this one and not lose it)

5) Star Trek II - The Wrath of Kahn (Hey, I grew up with Spock. I wasn't ready to lose him)

6) Prayers for Bobby

7) Avatar (really)

8) Old Yeller - Jeez, he had to be shot. :(

9) A Christmas Carol - w/George C. Scott in as Scrooge (simply the best)

There will be many more come to mind. But not now.

Steve³

I'm gona take some of your suggestions, since I'm a movie peasant. I'm more accustomed to radio dramatizations of movies. so, for what it's worth, madam x, only yesterday, broken arrow, the champ, the elephant man, love story, terms of indeerment, randem harvest. these are anxient movies but Ive discovered it a year ago. Maybe I had my head under a stone all these years but the are the movies for what it's worth. some interesting suggestions comming from you though

I cried when I saw The Elephant Man, too. Great movie.

Beaches was on last night on Oxygen. I couldn't watch the end, though. Wasn't in the mood to cry.

American History X. To see someone get so close to redemption and then get murdered was soul crushing.

Well actually, I didn't cry while watching that movie because I was watching it with two friends, and I would have caught hell for crying over a movie. :P But I wanted to cry, so it kinda counts. :P

Edit: I just thought of one where I actually did and still do cry. Stand By Me!

Edited by TetRefine