Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 63 : Clouded Judgement

The title of the thread is wrong... unless you invented time travel and gone back ten chapters...

First review for this story, but I have to say I love it... Nice to see Shane and Trevor bonding... even though nothing good can come out of that last scene... I have a feeling that Shane is going to be selling Trevor's story to the newspapers for money... this is especially since Trevor never told Shane why he doesn't want news of his survival getting out...

The title of the thread is wrong... unless you invented time travel and gone back ten chapters...

First review for this story, but I have to say I love it... Nice to see Shane and Trevor bonding... even though nothing good can come out of that last scene... I have a feeling that Shane is going to be selling Trevor's story to the newspapers for money... this is especially since Trevor never told Shane why he doesn't want news of his survival getting out...

So it will be Shane that will loose his head...:2hands: ....:boy: :boy:

Chapter 63, Clouded Judgment, is up. :)

So, who was it sneaking up on Atlantis and Trevor? It was someone! Why? They had a reason.

We do find out in full detail in the chapter, though. :)

Awe no...why did you go and do that??? Here I am thinking, "yeah! They're bonding!" and then you go and create doubt! Evil...evil...evil man!!!! Great chapter, as always...and yes, that did feel like a cliffhanger! I guess the cops have a better idea of Shane's character that Trevor thinks...

I don't know if Shane will do it behind his back. He may go to Trevor and say look what I did. It seems to me he sees a kindred spirit in Trevor and probably doesn't want him to suffer as he did (this is all based on Shane actually being a good guy and not a con-artist of course). It also seems (though we only have this through Shane's point of view) that Shane isn't all that bad. Perhaps its some form of prejudice that the officers have against him. If what he says is true he has done nothing to garner the authorities wrath, but they obviously don't like him for some reason.

I don't know if Shane will do it behind his back. He may go to Trevor and say look what I did. It seems to me he sees a kindred spirit in Trevor and probably doesn't want him to suffer as he did (this is all based on Shane actually being a good guy and not a con-artist of course). It also seems (though we only have this through Shane's point of view) that Shane isn't all that bad. Perhaps its some form of prejudice that the officers have against him. If what he says is true he has done nothing to garner the authorities wrath, but they obviously don't like him for some reason.

Ned Kelly in chapter 62 described him as

“Aye, so you’ve met the “Aye, so you’ve met the bogan bludger. He’s not the owner; he’s just a freeloading crook, and bad news all the way ‘round. . He’s not the owner; he’s just a freeloading crook, and bad news all the way ‘round.

Now I believe the translation of "bogan bludger" is a rude trnslation of lazy trailer trash?. May be this is what the town believes?

“Aye, so you’ve met the “Aye, so you’ve met the bogan bludger. He’s not the owner; he’s just a freeloading crook, and bad news all the way ‘round. . He’s not the owner; he’s just a freeloading crook, and bad news all the way ‘round.

Now I believe the translation of "bogan bludger" is a rude trnslation of lazy trailer trash?. May be this is what the town believes?

B)...............Quite a character is Shane that CJ has presented to us, arrogant, angry and hostile in the prior meetings with Trevor. And then a totally different person when making peace with Trevor aboard his boat, a kinder and gentile person with sympathy towards Trevor's plight. Hmmm, doesn't make sense in his late night typing of a letter to be 'PRINTED" of the computer, unless the owners of Shane's boat cannot be reached by e-mail. Surely as suggested Shane could have an alternative motive into alerting the press, but by 'mail'?? Certainly, he is not a contact for Sanchez, again the printed form of the message to be mailed? I can only conclude he is asking the owners of his 'rented boat ' be allowed to let Trevor stay aboard and maybe even sail around Australia, while the Atlantis is being repaired. I think CJ has responded to his readers for an encounter at sea with another at his side. Who knows? Maybe Trevor with Shane will complete the circumnavigation back to Florida. Still The unanswered questions remain in Australia, along with the danger still accessed towards Trevor's life.

Great chapter CJ!!~!!!

B)...............Quite a character is Shane that CJ has presented to us, arrogant, angry and hostile in the prior meetings with Trevor. And then a totally different person when making peace with Trevor aboard his boat, a kinder and gentile person with sympathy towards Trevor's plight. Hmmm, doesn't make sense in his late night typing of a letter to be 'PRINTED" of the computer, unless the owners of Shane's boat cannot be reached by e-mail. Surely as suggested Shane could have an alternative motive into alerting the press, but by 'mail'?? Certainly, he is not a contact for Sanchez, again the printed form of the message to be mailed? I can only conclude he is asking the owners of his 'rented boat ' be allowed to let Trevor stay aboard and maybe even sail around Australia, while the Atlantis is being repaired. I think CJ has responded to his readers for an encounter at sea with another at his side. Who knows? Maybe Trevor with Shane will complete the circumnavigation back to Florida. Still The unanswered questions remain in Australia, along with the danger still accessed towards Trevor's life.

Great chapter CJ!!~!!!

He could be faxing a letter ... either to owners or sanchez

Any thoughts if Shane is hiding his sexuality ,.. the both of them haven't talked about girls?

They seem to be mirror images of each other ... still he hasn't contacted family ... wouldn't it be funny if share knew trevor family or it still be funny if they were half brothers.

Still wondering who be snooping on trevor ... I hope there's a lot to see before it get crazy with the reporters

Any thoughts if Shane is hiding his sexuality ,.. the both of them haven't talked about girls?

Shane did mentioned that in any pub in town, Trevor would have the chicks after [him] in droves but that could just be the sort of thing that people say and needn't mean anything.

It does look like it could be Shane's head that gets delivered to Bridget (and won't that be a pleasant experience for her?). They're both young, swimmer types on board Lagoon catamarans... Then again, CJ's a bit of a softy as I recall and Shane could also be the ideal person to accompany Trevor back to Florida. Perhaps he'll be the one to help fight off Sanchez's hired thug. But, if Sanchez screws up the contract again, why would he give up? Unless, by then, Gonzalez has got Bridget and George in custody and Sanchez decides to get as far away from them as possible.

That's assuming that Trevor and Shane go back to Florida. Trevor has (or can get) an Australian passport so maybe they'll stay there chartering Atlantis.

If only it weren't for that last paragraph...

But, if Sanchez screws up the contract again, why would he give up? Unless, by then, Gonzalez has got Bridget and George in custody and Sanchez decides to get as far away from them as possible.

No it wouldn't matter if Gonzalez gets Bridget and George. For Sanchez this is a matter of honor. He will see it through to the bitter end. He will deliver Trevor's head to Bridget even in jail (though afterwards she may end up with her head joining his on the same platter). The only way to stop this from happening is for Sanchez to die.

I really enjoyed chapter 63. I'm glad that Trevor and Shane will apparently be friends. What is Shane typing? Is he up to no good? Maybe he will not prove to be Trevor's friend.

Very mild cliffhanger.

I think Sanchez is thinking that George & Bridget are becoming too big a risk and did have the room bugged. Maybe send the tape to a P.I. I'm sure Shane was just writing in his journal and would never hurt half naked Trevor. In fact, I think Trevor will rent a boat to get out of the area for awhile and Shane will go with him. It's time for some sex!

• Site Administrator

Well, first off thanks for the chapter CJ :2thumbs:. Even when you are ill you continue to deliver us our weekly cliffhanger B)

For those of you who haven't read For The Love, I will try to put this in a non spoiler way. We have seen CJ use this kind of character development in the past and I have a funny feeling that he is using it again with Shane.

All I will say is that Shane is probably the same as Eric in FTL. He is misunderstood by everyone, has tried to do his best, but because of everyone jumping to unfounded conclusions he has a bad rap presented to us the reader. Like Eric in FTL, I am more than convinced that Shane will end up being the unsung hero of Circumnavigation :D

Poor misunderstood Shane 0:)

Sorry I've taken so long to reply! I'm basically over the pneumonia, but I still tire easy, so I'm slow. :)

Goats cannot count. (Thanks for the heads up in the thread title!!!!) :) (And thanks, Talonrider, for fixing it!)

Good point; Trevor didn't tell Shane he didn't want the story getting out. So, how would Shane know? Most people want to be famous. :)

Awe no...why did you go and do that??? Here I am thinking, "yeah! They're bonding!" and then you go and create doubt! Evil...evil...evil man!!!! Great chapter, as always...and yes, that did feel like a cliffhanger! I guess the cops have a better idea of Shane's character that Trevor thinks...

We don't know what Shane is printing... But, I did say "print" as opposed to "send", lest anything think he was transmitting stuff to Sanchez. :)

Shane also has no way of knowing that Trevor needs to keep this secret. :)

According to the Australian Slang Dictionary (which is usually pretty good, though sometimes a bit dated)

Bogan: person who takes little pride in his appearance, spends his days slacking and drinking beer

Bludger : lazy person, layabout, somebody who always relies on other people to do things or lend him things

Ned also calls Shane a freeloading crook.

I can't give spoilers... but I can probably get away with saying that "Bogan bludger" and "freeloading crook" as used by Ned about Shane, are not terms of endearment. 0:)

Great chapter CJ!!~!!!

Thanks!!

Yep, Shane is printing. So we can assume it's not something a phone call would suffice for. We're also assuming it's related to Trevor. It might well not be. :)

One thing to bear in mind, even if Shane does not have e-mail access, he surely does have access to a telephone (such as at the nearby convenience mart, if he doesn't have one himself).

He could be faxing a letter ... either to owners or sanchez

They seem to be mirror images of each other ... still he hasn't contacted family ... wouldn't it be funny if share knew trevor family or it still be funny if they were half brothers.

Still wondering who be snooping on trevor ... I hope there's a lot to see before it get crazy with the reporters

I never thought about faxing... that's a good point! For a regular fax machine, which a boat may well have (Atlantis did), you'd need to print before faxing.

Shane did mentioned that in any pub in town, Trevor would have the chicks after [him] in droves but that could just be the sort of thing that people say and needn't mean anything.

It does look like it could be Shane's head that gets delivered to Bridget (and won't that be a pleasant experience for her?). They're both young, swimmer types on board Lagoon catamarans... Then again, CJ's a bit of a softy as I recall and Shane could also be the ideal person to accompany Trevor back to Florida. Perhaps he'll be the one to help fight off Sanchez's hired thug. But, if Sanchez screws up the contract again, why would he give up? Unless, by then, Gonzalez has got Bridget and George in custody and Sanchez decides to get as far away from them as possible.

That's assuming that Trevor and Shane go back to Florida. Trevor has (or can get) an Australian passport so maybe they'll stay there chartering Atlantis.

If only it weren't for that last paragraph...

I think having Shane's head arrive (minus the rest of him) would be even more unpleasant for Shane than for Bridget. :lmao:

Good point though... Trevor and Shane do look a little alike, and are on similar boats, and only an expert can tell a Lagoon 57 from a Lagoon 55. (and remember in Suez, when the bomb-deliverer had trouble telling a Lagoon 55 from a Gunboat 56? A lagoon 55 and 57 are far more similar).

Good point also on Trevor being able to stay in Australia; you're right, he can, due to his mother having been Australian.

No it wouldn't matter if Gonzalez gets Bridget and George. For Sanchez this is a matter of honor. He will see it through to the bitter end. He will deliver Trevor's head to Bridget even in jail (though afterwards she may end up with her head joining his on the same platter). The only way to stop this from happening is for Sanchez to die.

Good point: Sanchez has taken this as a matter of honor, because he found the prior failures humiliating and embarrassing. To him, this is both a personal humiliation, and a threat to his position (which is based largely on reputation).

I really enjoyed chapter 63. I'm glad that Trevor and Shane will apparently be friends. What is Shane typing? Is he up to no good? Maybe he will not prove to be Trevor's friend.

Very mild cliffhanger.

Cliffhanger? Ahh, but what is Shane doing: he's typing on a computer and then hitting a button, which is exactly what you did to make your post! Therefor, if Shane made a cliffhanger, so did you! :P

MikeL for King of Cliffhangers!

I think Sanchez is thinking that George & Bridget are becoming too big a risk and did have the room bugged. Maybe send the tape to a P.I. I'm sure Shane was just writing in his journal and would never hurt half naked Trevor. In fact, I think Trevor will rent a boat to get out of the area for awhile and Shane will go with him. It's time for some sex!

We learn, somewhere in the next chapter (I can't recall if it's the first or second half) exactly what Shane was typing, and why. :)

another wonderful chapter but i must say the suspense is killing me i wish i could read a new chapter every night. 3 more days well 3 days 13 hours 45 mins and 51 secs but hey who's counting

Thanks! :)

The new chapter will be posting on time, thanks to my wonderful team. :)

Well, first off thanks for the chapter CJ . Even when you are ill you continue to deliver us our weekly cliffhanger

For those of you who haven't read For The Love, I will try to put this in a non spoiler way. We have seen CJ use this kind of character development in the past and I have a funny feeling that he is using it again with Shane.

All I will say is that Shane is probably the same as Eric in FTL. He is misunderstood by everyone, has tried to do his best, but because of everyone jumping to unfounded conclusions he has a bad rap presented to us the reader. Like Eric in FTL, I am more than convinced that Shane will end up being the unsung hero of Circumnavigation

Poor misunderstood Shane 0:)

Cliffhanger? :blink: As I told Mike above, Shane was typing on a computer and then hit a button, which is exactly what you did to make your post. So if you're saying that's a cliffhanger - Wildone for King of Cliffhangers! :king:

Ah, sweet, lovable Eric from FTL... Benji's favorite, as I recall. 0:)

Shane has some apparent contradictions, such as his behavior when he first met Trevor, and then the fight, followed by his contrite appearance at Atlantis. We'll learn why shortly. :)

The next chapter is entitled "Slips of the Tongue".

And heh, I originally typed above "The next chapter, 65, is "Knowledge is Power". But, as I barely deduced before posting, the chapter after 63 is 64, not 65. :*)

CJ, even when you don't give us a cliffhanger, you come along with these psudo spoilers and make us think we missed the little suttle cliffhanger you gave us.

I'm a hopeless romantic and I hope that Shane and Trev become much more than friends.

The two blond queers against the world.

Jim

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..