Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Millennium Death Poll

Millennial Death  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should die? (You may choose more than one answer)

Brad is just barely becoming mature enough to head the family, but not really and it is sexist to suggest that Isidore, as the matriarch of the family, wouldn't be considered the new head, that it has to be a man in the job.

On one hand I'd like Alexandria, Brian, David all to die in a firey crash, but part of me also wants them to suffer the embarrassment of failure and collapse of Omega and the cap ventures of Dan Church.

Alexandra and Brian are horrid. Let Brian be murdered. With Alexandra, it could be one of those contract killings that look like a suicide. That could be implied to be JP's way of getting revenge for Brian's death as he's the only one who seems to care about the asshole.

I again state that killing just Brain would be too simple. So I voted for just about everyone to die a horrible death in a tragic accident!

"No officer, I have no idea how a shark could of killed them in the middle of downtown Palo Alto."

Edited by mmike1969

If I had to pick someone, it would be Alex, because really she's just mean and nasty.

If Brian lives or dies, I'm ok with either one as long as if he lives he's at least miserable.

Maybe if he wasn't controlled by his mother, David might be a decent person who knows.

But without good villians, there's not good drama, so it might be one of the good guys that meets their maker.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I can't believe someone suggested JP's death... I have to say this story has brought be from disliking Brad to thinking he may have the capability to eventually lead the family but that is a long way off... Right now, I would say that Stef, Isidore, and Claire are all ahead of Brad in the line of succession if something was to happen to JP...

I hate the thought of any of the kids going so I don't have a problem with them not being on the list. I ended up making a couple of picks more to just take part in the poll rather with any real conviction they any should actually die. I think that Alexandra would suffer more alive and knowing that she had failed then just dying. I actually pity Brian, he could have had so much but just could not rise above his demons.

I think Alexandra is mean and nasty. My gut is for her to die, however, I keep seeing her as kind of this antagonistic figure with power, who dies and comes back, like a soap opera villain in Days of Our Lives, I do not even remember the name of the main character that kept dying and then hiding, and then would come back. They would come back just to antagonize the main good family, cause a bunch of drama, and disappear. Brian Parnell is not like this, because there is not a part of him that I think is likeable. Yes, Alexandra is a total bitch, but her f**king her son with a strap-on, made me laugh just visualizing it. It's cruel and twisted, BUT despite this, there is a part of her that is obviously smart, or she wouldn't have gotten this far, and part of her is wounded, too. I just see the potential in her to develop a good villain, unlike some of the other evil characters that have come and gone.

I did vote for Brad to die. I really like this series. I read it because I am a loyal fan, but I really do not care for Brad that much. But, I like the other characters and the plot of what is going on right now, too. He is not a deal breaker. I really want Brian to be the one to get the axe.

• Like 1

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I can't believe someone suggested JP's death... I have to say this story has brought be from disliking Brad to thinking he may have the capability to eventually lead the family but that is a long way off... Right now, I would say that Stef, Isidore, and Claire are all ahead of Brad in the line of succession if something was to happen to JP...

I feel exactly the same way.

I voted for no one to die, I'm not that vindictive. Just crushing them would be enough for me.

• Like 1

I feel that JP deserves to die in bed surrounded with his family at the age of 80 plus just like his dear aunt Tonto. He began this story at 25 he should end it. Maybe at the end all those who have died could return to greet him.( something which happened in the Tudors and I Claudius) I was thinking about who should die. I thought of Brian and Carson. Both were evil and nasty. Brandon was truly upset not as evil. As for David and Alexandra I think to lose everything would be worse than death. Alex could be sent to prison that would be fun. After all the stuff Brad and Robbie have gone through Mark could never kill them off. As for Matt, Darius, JJ or Will who would continue tell the story. Mark likes happy endings.

Edited by rjo

Actually, it might be interesting if JP died of cancer, the way his mother did. That would actually be pretty plausible.

I don't think this story ends with JP- I'd like for either Matt, JJ, or Will to end the story with 2010.

The saga has been about JP and his family. When he dies the whole story will change totally. Some hints have come out along the way. Stef would move back to LA with Brad and Brad's kids. I think Isidore and Frank would move to the Beach house. What would happen to the house on the hill? Sold? That would be sad. It's ready the only home most of the guys have ever known. They would have lived there 43 years this year. And JP would be 75 in June. I am sorry I like JP a lot even though at times he can been difficult. With out him we would not have known only of the others. And that would be truly sad.

Honestly, knowing Mark, JP isn't going to die until he's at least in his 80's, which doesn't happen until about 2016. Since the CAP saga is likely ending before that- I think '08 or '10 might be a good place for the story to end- I don't think we're ever going to see JP die.

Sorry, Adam.;-)

I feel that JP deserves to die in bed surrounded with his family at the age of 80 plus just like his dear aunt Tonto. He began this story at 25 he should end it. Maybe at the end all those who have died could return to greet him.( something which happened in the Tudors and I Claudius) I was thinking about who should die. I thought of Brian and Carson. Both were evil and hasty. Brandon was truly upset not as evil. As for David and Alexandra I think to lose everything would be worse than death. Alex could be sent to prison that would be fun. After all the stuff Brad and Robbie have gone through Mark could never kill them off. As for Matt, Darius, JJ or Will who would continue tell the story. Mark likes happy endings.

You say age 80 as if it were old. 80 is elderly, but not old these days. When I visit my grandparents in the senior community they live in (15,000 of the geezers, with a median age of 81) I meet people in the gym in their late 80's to mid 90's. They play volleyball, swim, golf, ride horse back and my 81 year old grandfather surfs with his other octogenarian friends a couple of whom he has been surfing with since 1945.

As a man of means there is no reason JP shouldn't be active well into his 90's or beyond.

I know JP has aged well without help like Stef. After reading the Box I see JP as that child of ten losing his mentor Steven. Heart broken. He has grown to live with pain. He is strong because he has had to be. Ice man outside but inside a loving person. Someone who needs love and who has a lot to give. He loves his job and it good at it. He's is not perfect but tries to be. Stef and him are perfect for each other because they balance each other. As Brad grows older I think he will understand JP more. Mark you didn't share Tonto death with us if JP dies hopefully a long time out we as readers need to be there.

Right, but there's also genetics playing a factor. We've gotten no indication that the Cramptons or the Schluters live that long- the people in that family tend to live to their 70's or '80s, but no centenarians.

But of course you have to look at the years the Cramptons and the Schluters of JP's childhood were born and what the life expectancy was of people of that era vs baby boomers and the conditions under which they lived, the harsh winters of Ohio compared to the mildness of CA.

I always think people who live in harsh climates are tougher therefore live longer. The weak ones die early. Of course I am writing this during a great snow storm ( up to 20 inches).

I know JP has aged well without help like Stef. After reading the Box I see JP as that child of ten losing his mentor Steven. Heart broken. He has grown to live with pain. He is strong because he has had to be. Ice man outside but inside a loving person. Someone who needs love and who has a lot to give. He loves his job and it good at it. He's is not perfect but tries to be. Stef and him are perfect for each other because they balance each other. As Brad grows older I think he will understand JP more. Mark you didn't share Tonto death with us if JP dies hopefully a long time out we as readers need to be there.

Yet.

But of course you have to look at the years the Cramptons and the Schluters of JP's childhood were born and what the life expectancy was of people of that era vs baby boomers and the conditions under which they lived, the harsh winters of Ohio compared to the mildness of CA.

Old people live longer these days, no argument there.

I always think people who live in harsh climates are tougher therefore live longer. The weak ones die early. Of course I am writing this during a great snow storm ( up to 20 inches).

Well that's just a bit self-serving, wouldn't you say? :D

I'm wondering if I'd rather live longer, knowing that 25% of my life would involve surviving in a frozen tundra, or live fewer years in a nicer climate. :wacko: I'll have to think about that one.

• Like 1

I used to live in San Diego. Every day was the same. In Minnesota, we may hate the winter but we can enjoy the summer (which are very beautiful) because we know they will not last. So much like life we can hold on to the good times even through the worst of times.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..