Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

One Week pause in Circumnavigation

Sorry to have to do this, but I'm way behind thanks to the pneumonia I had in January. So, chapter 69 of Circumnavigation won't post until midnight (my time) Monday, March 21st. (One week and a few hours from now). I'll do my best to get caught up so hopefully this won't happen again. (I'm also busy with a new novel, for GA's premium section, that should have been done months ago).

In the meantime, there's the GA Spring Anthology, "People Are Strange", which includes a story by me "Not Like Us". :)

• Site Administrator

No apologies necessary :hug:

You are the iron goat for your weekly postings :) You should be allowed to take a breather every now and then.

Rest is a good medicine even for goats ... don't want you to slip on a cliff hanger

:blink:....................... Ack!! I need my fix, I declare this thread to be a cliff hanger!! 0:)

CJ,

Since getting this new format going on GA, I have not sent feedback like I was. I wanted to let you know that I still love the story and dang it cant wait for the next chapter. I also recently read "For The Love". Anyone who has not read that story and likes cliff hangers is missing out big time. Hope you get to feeling better soon and keep the hits coming.

No apologies necessary :hug:

You are the iron goat for your weekly postings :) You should be allowed to take a breather every now and then.

Thanks!! :)

I'm writing, I just need to catch up for the time missed while I was sick. :)

That's OK - you take all the time you need. We'll be patient.

On a completely unrelated matter, CJ, do you happen to have contact details for that Sanchez fellow in the story? 0:)

ACK!!!

Ummm.... I think he has an unlisted number. :ph34r:

Rest is a good medicine even for goats ... don't want you to slip on a cliff hanger

No worries there! A goat would, as we all know, never go anywhere near a cliff, or a cliffhanger. :)

:blink:....................... Ack!! I need my fix, I declare this thread to be a cliff hanger!! 0:)

ACK! There are no cliffhangers! :P

CJ,

Since getting this new format going on GA, I have not sent feedback like I was. I wanted to let you know that I still love the story and dang it cant wait for the next chapter. I also recently read "For The Love". Anyone who has not read that story and likes cliff hangers is missing out big time. Hope you get to feeling better soon and keep the hits coming.

Thanks!!!

The chapter should be out on Monday. :)

"For the Love" is on GA stories, but I haven't finished moving "Let the Music Play" and "Changing Lanes" over yer, so they're on my site until fully moved over. :)

BTW, don't let the rumors here in the forum fool you; I never actually use cliffhangers. 0:)

came to the story late, so I read the first 68 chapters over ~10 days - great story, very well written. looking forward to Trev's next steps. I also hope he finds true (obtainable) love somewhere along the timeline!!

I'll allow you this week off..... just don't make a habit of it!:2thumbs:

Posting a chapter a week seems to me, an avid reader but definitely not a writer, to be a Herculean task. Personally I would suggest that you switch to a once every other week (or even a 1st and 3rd Monday of every month or less) posting schedule in order to:

1 - Take at least some of the pressure off yourself

and

2 - give you time to create a "buffer" of chapters and so that once you are done with Circumnavigation (hopefully not for 40+ chapters), you will have some leisure time to plan, think about and outline your next story.

Thank you for all your hard work and PLEASE stop apologizing for not posting weekly, quite frankly, I have no idea how you do it.

• Site Moderator

CJ's the type author who likes to have a good supply of chapters ahead before he starts posting. This allows for those unforeseen times like this that still allows him to post, even if he has to change. About the only other time that he changes his posting schedule is when he's going to be gone.

came to the story late, so I read the first 68 chapters over ~10 days - great story, very well written. looking forward to Trev's next steps. I also hope he finds true (obtainable) love somewhere along the timeline!!

I'll allow you this week off..... just don't make a habit of it!:2thumbs:

Thanks!!!

Will Trev find love? I can't answer that without giving a spoiler, but, I can mention that on the story index, it lists the genre as Adventure/Mystery/Relationship. Of course, that might just refer to the romance between Bridget and George. 0:)

I've been writing this week (actually, I had a very good week for writing!) I'm just trying to get caught up. :)

Posting a chapter a week seems to me, an avid reader but definitely not a writer, to be a Herculean task. Personally I would suggest that you switch to a once every other week (or even a 1st and 3rd Monday of every month or less) posting schedule in order to:

1 - Take at least some of the pressure off yourself

and

2 - give you time to create a "buffer" of chapters and so that once you are done with Circumnavigation (hopefully not for 40+ chapters), you will have some leisure time to plan, think about and outline your next story.

Thank you for all your hard work and PLEASE stop apologizing for not posting weekly, quite frankly, I have no idea how you do it.

Thank you!

I'm not a fast writer (I'm an awful, and slow, typist) so the chapter-a-week pace is hard for me. I tend to write in spurts; a chapter a day if I'm on a roll, but that's not often. The first draft is just a step; I then go back and fuss and change things, reword things, tweak the plot, etc. Then I do a spelling and grammar check, then proofread for errors, and that's all before it's even sent for beta reading or editing.

You hit the nail on the head with the buffer; I both like and need a large buffer of unposted chapters that are at least in the hands of my team. That way, if live interrupts, I can handle it without going on hiatus. I also often go away on trips for a month or more, so that gives me chapters to leave for posting. It's also very helpful to me plotwise; I love to forshadow and leave clues, and sometimes I think of ones to add only well after the fact, when writing the event itself. It's nice to be able to go back and add them.

The other part of it is, I write non-linearly. For example, Trevor's little pirate problem in chapter 48 was amongst the first scenes I wrote for the story (Long before i even began posting the story). I have a ton of scenes from coming chapters already written, but there are many gaps that need scenes to fill them, then they need assembling into chapters, etc.

I'm also currently working on another novel for GA's Premium content, and the plot on that on is such that I need to complete it all before sending it out for beta and editing. And... I do need to start thinking about what comes after Circumnavigation for my public site...

Thanks. :)

CJ's the type author who likes to have a good supply of chapters ahead before he starts posting. This allows for those unforeseen times like this that still allows him to post, even if he has to change. About the only other time that he changes his posting schedule is when he's going to be gone.

You're right, and if I hadn't had a buffer of chapters, we'd have been on hiatus from the story for close on two months while I was dealing with the pneumonia and it's aftermath (I had tons of stuff at work to catch up on due to time missed).

BTW, the chapter promised for today will be appearing today, barring an internet access outage. :)

Another new fan here. Was looking for good reading material and ended up racing through the two Instinct novels and this one in about two weeks total. Really epic stuff. The only problem with reading a novel in progress is that eventually you come to the "end", so now I am bouncing on my chair eager to learn what happens next. Keep it up and thank you for providing this excellent entertainment.

BTW, the chapter promised for today will be appearing today, barring an internet access outage.

I have 2 questions:

What is your time zone?

What is the name of the new chapter?

Thank you

BTW DID ANYONE NOTICE HOW QUIET THE FOREM IS THIS WEEK?

Another new fan here. Was looking for good reading material and ended up racing through the two Instinct novels and this one in about two weeks total. Really epic stuff. The only problem with reading a novel in progress is that eventually you come to the "end", so now I am bouncing on my chair eager to learn what happens next. Keep it up and thank you for providing this excellent entertainment.

Thank you, and welcome to the forum! :)

BTW, the chapter promised for today will be appearing today, barring an internet access outage.

I have 2 questions:

What is your time zone?

What is the name of the new chapter?

Thank you

BTW DID ANYONE NOTICE HOW QUIET THE FOREM IS THIS WEEK?

I'm on Mountain Standard Time; I'm in Arizona, and we don't have daylight saving time, so at this time of year that puts me in the same timezone as the US west coast.

The title to the new chapter is "The Great Australian Blight".

It should be up in the next couple of hours. :)

Update: it's up now. :read:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..