Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 69: The Great Australian Blight

I really look forward to each chapter.I cannot imagine any reason why his father can't tell

Trevor right now what he knows about his mother's death. I will see in the future chapters.

Thanks for writing.

My understanding of USA criminal and civil law is that the statue of limitations runs from the last occurrence of the illegal activities. If Trevor's father was to involve somebody else, even by telling them, the limitation time starts afresh, and the illegal act may then become the illegal act of the person told. Thus Trevor's father then has to wait a longer time, and the person told may find themself face prosecution in the criminal or civil courts. Thus it is important that the only people who know are covered under client and lawyer privilege.

Assuming that Australia law is similar to English law, if somebody was to be told of an illegal activity, and kept quiet, this would be conspiracy after the fact, and would be a criminal act.

In short, if anybody told Trevor what was going on, it would involve Trevor and reveal the the illegal act before time.!

CJ: Thanks for adding to our collective understanding of things Australian. One of my Minnesota neighbors is an Australian married to a Russian. Getting quirky phrases and food types helps summer time evening conversations. A pie floater is certainly a gem to remember and possibly to serve ---- unannounced. Thanks.

One of the other readers mentioned racing though the story from suspense point to suspense point only to crash abruptly into the "in progress" notice. Reading the story chapter release by chapter release is the ultimate in suspense. It leaves a lot of time to conger up all sorts of possibilities. Not surprisingly, my imagination rarely matches up with the next chapter. Never would I have thought that Trevor would consider "borrowing" another trimaran to haul sonar gear in the Caribbean and then return to pick up his own boat with 12,000 miles back and forth.

Anyway, I hope the next chapter advances the Australian portion but also the one in North America. Thanks for the chapter.

Graeme, a member of CJ's team, is Australian.

The story continues to captivate on so many levels....you 'teach' us details about sailing, geography, motivation and inter-personal relations in an exciting setting. Thanks for the continued sharing of your unique gift.

There is a warmth between the boy's that is postive, but if as expected, this is yet another calm before the storm. How their relationship grows will be enlightening and you set forth several options with this latest chapter.

The story continues and our interest grows!

gj

B).............................. Indeed, another quiet chapter with no real problems other then the nightmares Trevor continues to have, I wonder if Shane will hear Trevor shout out in the middle of the night soon? Well the question of the Kookaburra being a converted Aries has been answered in the negative. I love the banter Shane and Trevor are having, Trevor's almost slipped up thinking he was talking with Joel again. Shane's culinary skills outweigh Trevor's, good thing they didn't buy any hot dogs! :lmao: The blight reference must be about the asteroid that created sharks bay, because the book was titled the Great Australian Bight (water, inlet or bay) :lol: Great chapter CJ, Trevor needs the companionship and to relax for awhile! Edited by Benji

Shane is a good joel replacement ... the three of them would make great triplets as far as the bad guys are concern

I wonder if CJ wishing to mix us up on which blonde gets almost served on sanchez plate?

This chapter feels short ... too bad CJ did do a catchup release ...

Well do every one who aren't the trevor type can cook and shop? and think of themselves the best in the country?

Ares and Atlantis are smuggling boats with those extra strong engines

Funny that Trevor never realize that as a boat lover.

• Site Moderator

I can see Shane running to Trev's side some night during one of his nightmares.

When it comes to the hotdogs, canned of course, I don't think anyone will be able to get close to him without him giving them an evil glare. I think if Shane had brought any out, he'd be going for a swim.

The blight reference must be about the asteroid that created sharks bay, because the book was titled the Great Australian Bight (water, inlet or bay) :lol: Great chapter CJ, Trevor needs the companionship and to relax for awhile!

The Great Australian Bight is the huge bay that takes up most of the south side of Australia from the south-western corner to at least Adelaide.

On other matters, the chances of Shane being gay seem ever slimmer - the previous girlfriend could just have been an attempt to ignore his feelings, or she could be a purely invented story, but why would Shane go to such lengths?

Oh, and I'll bow to Graeme's greater local knowledge, but I thought a pie floater was a pie floating in gravy. One lives and learns.

On other matters, the chances of Shane being gay seem ever slimmer - the previous girlfriend could just have been an attempt to ignore his feelings, or she could be a purely invented story, but why would Shane go to such lengths?

B)............Actually Shane never elaborates on the girlfriend thing, just throws out hints about them, he's on a fishing expedition with Trevor, testing the waters on the subject. We know that Shane was thrown out of his home but not why yet. He only stole to survive, so I expect he wasn't thrown out of his home for being a 'bad boy thief'. I think the Blake's know the truth, maybe it will slip out and Trevor will catch on when they meet the owner. Obviously both of these guys are in a major need of gaydar tuning!! :lol:

Edited by Benji

Chapter 69, the Great Australian Blight, is up.

And nope, the last word of the title is not a typo. :music:

Great chapter and I love Shane and Trevor's banter, but now I want to see a little man on man action happen between them...so I guess a little honesty between them would be appropriate about now...Sooner or later the truth will come out. Well, at least I hope that is what will happen. It would be too cruel for something not to happen, don't you think? We all know that CJ is neither a cruel author nor does he leave cliffhangers...

I really look forward to each chapter.I cannot imagine any reason why his father can't tell

Trevor right now what he knows about his mother's death. I will see in the future chapters.

Thanks for writing.

Thanks!!

Red A explains one possible reason well just below, though there might be other, or additional, reasons. For whatever reasons, he's compelled to wait. It's just a couple of more weeks. (The last statutes expire Dec 16th, and it's already the end of November in the current chapter.)

My understanding of USA criminal and civil law is that the statue of limitations runs from the last occurrence of the illegal activities. If Trevor's father was to involve somebody else, even by telling them, the limitation time starts afresh, and the illegal act may then become the illegal act of the person told. Thus Trevor's father then has to wait a longer time, and the person told may find themself face prosecution in the criminal or civil courts. Thus it is important that the only people who know are covered under client and lawyer privilege.

Assuming that Australia law is similar to English law, if somebody was to be told of an illegal activity, and kept quiet, this would be conspiracy after the fact, and would be a criminal act.

In short, if anybody told Trevor what was going on, it would involve Trevor and reveal the the illegal act before time.!

Well said. I can't confirm or deny if that's it, but that's certainly a likely aspect. :)

CJ: Thanks for adding to our collective understanding of things Australian. One of my Minnesota neighbors is an Australian married to a Russian. Getting quirky phrases and food types helps summer time evening conversations. A pie floater is certainly a gem to remember and possibly to serve ---- unannounced. Thanks.

One of the other readers mentioned racing though the story from suspense point to suspense point only to crash abruptly into the "in progress" notice. Reading the story chapter release by chapter release is the ultimate in suspense. It leaves a lot of time to conger up all sorts of possibilities. Not surprisingly, my imagination rarely matches up with the next chapter. Never would I have thought that Trevor would consider "borrowing" another trimaran to haul sonar gear in the Caribbean and then return to pick up his own boat with 12,000 miles back and forth.

Anyway, I hope the next chapter advances the Australian portion but also the one in North America. Thanks for the chapter.

Thanks!!

I do indeed try to add a bit of suspense, combined with unexpected twists. :) I also leave clues to coming events (I like forshadowing).

Beware trying to serve a pie floater to anyone.. that would be a clear violation of several biological warfare treaties and the Geneva conventions. :P

If Trevor does find a way to borrow Kookaburra, he'd be setting himself up for a high-speed race to Florida and back, and high-speed runs can be highly dangerous. But, right now, he doesn't know for sure when he has to be back for the search for Ares, so he's willing to let Shane's idea of using Kookaburra pass, for now.

Graeme, a member of CJ's team, is Australian.

Yes... and we don't yet know who in Australia Sanchez called... Coincidence? Perhaps... 0:)

The story continues to captivate on so many levels....you 'teach' us details about sailing, geography, motivation and inter-personal relations in an exciting setting. Thanks for the continued sharing of your unique gift.

There is a warmth between the boy's that is postive, but if as expected, this is yet another calm before the storm. How their relationship grows will be enlightening and you set forth several options with this latest chapter.

The story continues and our interest grows!

gj

Thank you!

Calm before the storm? Just because Trevor and Shane have started toying with the idea of an insane dash to the literal ends of the earth? Or Sanchez wanting Trevor's literal head, or the press closing it? 0:)

B).............................. Indeed, another quiet chapter with no real problems other then the nightmares Trevor continues to have, I wonder if Shane will hear Trevor shout out in the middle of the night soon? Well the question of the Kookaburra being a converted Aries has been answered in the negative. I love the banter Shane and Trevor are having, Trevor's almost slipped up thinking he was talking with Joel again. Shane's culinary skills outweigh Trevor's, good thing they didn't buy any hot dogs! :lmao: The blight reference must be about the asteroid that created sharks bay, because the book was titled the Great Australian Bight (water, inlet or bay) :lol: Great chapter CJ, Trevor needs the companionship and to relax for awhile!

Yep, Shane is filling the hole in Trevor's life that Joel left, and he's very similar to Joel in personality (and to a degree, in appearance).

The "blight" was Trevor's crack about the pie floater being the Great Australian Blight. :)

Poor Trevor is not much use in the galley... but like Joel, Shane can cook.

Shane is a good joel replacement ... the three of them would make great triplets as far as the bad guys are concern

I wonder if CJ wishing to mix us up on which blonde gets almost served on sanchez plate?

This chapter feels short ... too bad CJ did do a catchup release ...

Well do every one who aren't the trevor type can cook and shop? and think of themselves the best in the country?

Ares and Atlantis are smuggling boats with those extra strong engines

Funny that Trevor never realize that as a boat lover.

Shane is, unquestionably, very fond of Shane. :lol:

Good point on the engines. Ares and Atlantis had very powerful engines compared to normal for that type of boat.

I can see Shane running to Trev's side some night during one of his nightmares.

When it comes to the hotdogs, canned of course, I don't think anyone will be able to get close to him without him giving them an evil glare. I think if Shane had brought any out, he'd be going for a swim.

ROFL! Yep, Shane would give Trevor canned hot dogs at his peril. I've eaten canned hot dogs, and they're not too good at the best of times. After living on the things for nearly two months, if will be a long time, if ever, until Trevor can even look at a can again. :)

The Great Australian Bight is the huge bay that takes up most of the south side of Australia from the south-western corner to at least Adelaide.

Oh, and I'll bow to Graeme's greater local knowledge, but I thought a pie floater was a pie floating in gravy. One lives and learns.

In fairness to Graeme (Even though I'd love to blame him for inflicting such a horrific things into the story), I didn't get the pie floater info from him. It's just something I'd heard of long ago, and remembered a few months back. It's a meta pie floating in thick green pea soup. Here's the Wikipedia entry.. Now, just imagine that made with a mutton pie... <shudder!>:wacko:

Great chapter and I love Shane and Trevor's banter, but now I want to see a little man on man action happen between them...so I guess a little honesty between them would be appropriate about now...Sooner or later the truth will come out. Well, at least I hope that is what will happen. It would be too cruel for something not to happen, don't you think? We all know that CJ is neither a cruel author nor does he leave cliffhangers...

Thank you!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: And welcome to my sig file! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Guest Mark1962

I ve been reading this awhile now, an this chapter was worth waiting for. Im not downing your other chapters, they were good. Not the best Ive ever read, but this chapter was better an different. I look forward to where you take this story.

Well I loved the title and agree after seeing the pic of a pie floater, although I have to say that excluding the pea soup, the pie itself looked and sounded good. As usual, I enjoyed this installment and continue to look forward to more. Not too much suspense just a little drama between two boys who are (reading between the lines) afraid to tell the other their feelings. Oh the teen angst! I am seeing a little build up here and wondering just where the next real threat is coming from. I dont view the news reporter as much of a real threat because he is a print media and even if he breaks the story soon, it would be a little while before it was caught up and much was made of it in the television and radio news. However there is the internet media to consider in all this.

In the story time line, are we getting close to the statue of limitations deal so that Trevor's dad can come clean and begin to bring the house down around George and Bridgette? I cant wait to see the reaction of Joel and Lisa (especailly Lisa) to finding out that she is the real murderer in all this. I am so glad this story has continued and looks like it may continue for some time. As an oldtimer it reminds me of the Saturday morning serials that I loved as a kid back in the day of black and white tv (oh my God! Did I just date myself or what).

I just figured out what it is. :)

I should probably explain, while I enjoy your writing, I often feel a bit disappointed after reading one of your installments. It didn't make sense, I enjoyed your other stories which I got to read in bulk and the straight up storytelling quality of Circumnavigation seems to be far superior to your previous stories, so despite better writing and what is (at least so far) a better plotted / realistic story, why was I feeling disappointed. This was confusing for me and as a result, I refrained from commenting after each chapter because I didn't want my "disappointment" to show.

Well, I got it, I went back and sampled various chapters of your previous stories without re-reading the entire stories, same blah-ish feeling. So I re-read Circumnavigation from chapter 1 right up to the split pea soup with meat pie, I LOVED IT.

I think, like most "real" authors, your stories need to be told in their entirety to be the thrilling and interesting stories that they are, stories that have a good start to finish arc with a series of mini-arcs in between, all paced so that the book, as opposed to the chapter holds together as a coherent piece of work. Because of your meticulous attention to detail, as stand alone works, chapters tend to feel like they plod along whether there is any truth to the feeling. Many internet authors because the method of publication demands it, tend to pack excitement into every chapter, which is great when you are reading a chapter here or there but when you try reading the story as a completed piece of work, such stories just don't seem to work as well in many cases.

So, I am now going to try to struggle with my reading addiction and hold off on reading Circumnavigation as chapters come out so that I can enjoy the story in its entirety even more when the book completed.

Thanks so much for all the work you do, it is truly appreciated.

Beware trying to serve a pie floater to anyone.. that would be a clear violation of several biological warfare treaties and the Geneva conventions. :P

If Trevor does find a way to borrow Kookaburra, he'd be setting himself up for a high-speed race to Florida and back, and high-speed runs can be highly dangerous. But, right now, he doesn't know for sure when he has to be back for the search for Ares, so he's willing to let Shane's idea of using Kookaburra pass, for now.

In fairness to Graeme (Even though I'd love to blame him for inflicting such a horrific things into the story), I didn't get the pie floater info from him. It's just something I'd heard of long ago, and remembered a few months back. It's a meta pie floating in thick green pea soup. Here's the Wikipedia entry.. Now, just imagine that made with a mutton pie... <shudder!>:wacko:

The one time I visited Australia, I had loads of pies - they seem to be ubiquitous. The idea of floating one in pea soup sounds delicious to me... :blink:

Surely common sense will prevail if the idea of using Kookaburra to search for Ares is ever resurrected. Even if the insurance company were paying for the charter, it's got to be cheaper, and would certainly be vastly simpler, just to fly back to Florida and rent another boat - and preferably one with powerful enough engines. The idea of sailing getting on for half-way round the world just so that he can use a boat similar to Atlantis but which is inadequate to the task is plain daft!

Yes, it's quite possible that Shane just fancies the idea of spending a few weeks alone with Trevor (though I still maintain that there's nothing so far in the story to indicate that) but there'd be nothing to stop him flying over to the US as well - assuming that the terrible crimes that the Carnarvon folk accuse him of don't prevent him getting a visa.

Oh and, by the way, that reporter is bad news. Even if it takes him a few days to break the story, Sanchez has got weeks, if not months, to catch up with Trevor while he's still in Australia. We've no reason to believe he's an evil person and might be open to being persuaded to delay his story if someone realises what he's up to and can get to him in time.

I didn't mention this before because the reporter bit at the end of the chapter seems to end at a moment that could, conceivably be called a cliff hanger but that can't be true because CJ doesn't use cliff hangers - I read that on the internet, so it must be true, mustn't it?

The one time I visited Australia, I had loads of pies - they seem to be ubiquitous. The idea of floating one in pea soup sounds delicious to me... :blink:

Surely common sense will prevail if the idea of using Kookaburra to search for Ares is ever resurrected. Even if the insurance company were paying for the charter, it's got to be cheaper, and would certainly be vastly simpler, just to fly back to Florida and rent another boat - and preferably one with powerful enough engines. The idea of sailing getting on for half-way round the world just so that he can use a boat similar to Atlantis but which is inadequate to the task is plain daft!

Yes, it's quite possible that Shane just fancies the idea of spending a few weeks alone with Trevor (though I still maintain that there's nothing so far in the story to indicate that) but there'd be nothing to stop him flying over to the US as well - assuming that the terrible crimes that the Carnarvon folk accuse him of don't prevent him getting a visa.

Oh and, by the way, that reporter is bad news. Even if it takes him a few days to break the story, Sanchez has got weeks, if not months, to catch up with Trevor while he's still in Australia. We've no reason to believe he's an evil person and might be open to being persuaded to delay his story if someone realises what he's up to and can get to him in time.

I didn't mention this before because the reporter bit at the end of the chapter seems to end at a moment that could, conceivably be called a cliff hanger but that can't be true because CJ doesn't use cliff hangers - I read that on the internet, so it must be true, mustn't it?

If you believe the reporter is up to no good in a bad sense, cliffy?

Otherwise how can you tell he's not doing his job

Shane can't afford the plane ticket, shots, and health insurance if he went to america.

He'll gladly take up Trevor on a charter

But then he may not relish navigating it back to austrailia unless he learns it on the way there.

or do we want the Mr Blake to travel along.

Any way we getting ahead of ourselves - B&G drug thing with Lisa and Joel, and Sanchez, and looking for relatives

Lots to change the decision.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shane is, or is leaning, gay. Shane is almost always bare above the waist, he is wearing "short denim cutoffs," and for someone who seems to have an endless supply of ex-girlfriends he apparently hasn't found any girlfriends in Carnarvon where he's been for enough time to be on the outs with Ned and the police.

Jason Kline had better look out. If Ned discovers him he's in big trouble. On the other hand, if he publishes his article with pictures of Atlantis that's going to give Sanchez and/or is hired killer in Australia all they need to find Trevor. The story would probably be picked up in Florida and published in the newspapers there, and Bridget and George would know where Trevor can be located and would tell Sanchez if he doesn't see the story himself.

It's possible that something might happen to encourage Trevor and Shane to embark on a trip home. Trevor is thinking about sailing west and around the Horn of Africa, but perhaps the Blakes might be interested in having the Kookaburra meet them in Hawaii, or even in Florida, thus the trip would be eastward and avoid the pirates to the west. If it was Hawaii, Trevor could fly to Florida from Honolulu. Then there's the question about Shane's plane fare. Trevor still has the money he brought with him when he started, so he could afford a plane ticket for Shane as well. However, I vote for Florida. The title of the story is Circumnavigation, and sailing back to Florida around the Horn of Africa doesn't qualify Trevor's trip as a circumnavigation.

Wouldn't it be amusing if Jason Kline stowed away on the Kookaburra just as Trevor and Shane took off on their trip home? He could be press-ganged as galley and cleanup slave. Having him on board would add an interesting complication for Trevor and Shane, but might prevent his story from being sent to his newspaper. The advantage for Jason Kline is that he'd have material for much more than a story in a newspaper.

Ah, so many options and opportunities for CJ, and for the imaginations of his faithful readers.

Colin B)

I wouldn't be surprised if Shane is, or is leaning, gay. Shane is almost always bare above the waist, he is wearing "short denim cutoffs," and for someone who seems to have an endless supply of ex-girlfriends he apparently hasn't found any girlfriends in Carnarvon where he's been for enough time to be on the outs with Ned and the police.

Jason Kline had better look out. If Ned discovers him he's in big trouble. On the other hand, if he publishes his article with pictures of Atlantis that's going to give Sanchez and/or is hired killer in Australia all they need to find Trevor. The story would probably be picked up in Florida and published in the newspapers there, and Bridget and George would know where Trevor can be located and would tell Sanchez if he doesn't see the story himself.

It's possible that something might happen to encourage Trevor and Shane to embark on a trip home. Trevor is thinking about sailing west and around the Horn of Africa, but perhaps the Blakes might be interested in having the Kookaburra meet them in Hawaii, or even in Florida, thus the trip would be eastward and avoid the pirates to the west. If it was Hawaii, Trevor could fly to Florida from Honolulu. Then there's the question about Shane's plane fare. Trevor still has the money he brought with him when he started, so he could afford a plane ticket for Shane as well. However, I vote for Florida. The title of the story is Circumnavigation, and sailing back to Florida around the Horn of Africa doesn't qualify Trevor's trip as a circumnavigation.

Wouldn't it be amusing if Jason Kline stowed away on the Kookaburra just as Trevor and Shane took off on their trip home? He could be press-ganged as galley and cleanup slave. Having him on board would add an interesting complication for Trevor and Shane, but might prevent his story from being sent to his newspaper. The advantage for Jason Kline is that he'd have material for much more than a story in a newspaper.

Ah, so many options and opportunities for CJ, and for the imaginations of his faithful readers.

Colin B)

Or, maybe Jason Kline is gay, will hook up willingly with Trevor or Shane or both...hmmm, sounds like a cliffhanger...

Or, maybe Jason Kline is gay, will hook up willingly with Trevor or Shane or both...hmmm, sounds like a cliffhanger...

B)......................... Hahaha! I really don't see that scenario happening, however Jason Kline may have put himself in danger by breaking this story, the cartel may think he is holding out on information while they look for Trevor whereabouts. This could actually lead Trevor to be on alert if the story is broken by Kline and he winds up dead. So what do you say to a circumnavigation of Australia? 0:)

I ve been reading this awhile now, an this chapter was worth waiting for. Im not downing your other chapters, they were good. Not the best Ive ever read, but this chapter was better an different. I look forward to where you take this story.

Thanks! :)

This one and a few others are a break from the prior pace, and... hrmmm, I'm not sure I can say much else without giving a spoiler, but I often uses chapters like this for background and setup (plus character development). :)

Well I loved the title and agree after seeing the pic of a pie floater, although I have to say that excluding the pea soup, the pie itself looked and sounded good. As usual, I enjoyed this installment and continue to look forward to more. Not too much suspense just a little drama between two boys who are (reading between the lines) afraid to tell the other their feelings. Oh the teen angst! I am seeing a little build up here and wondering just where the next real threat is coming from. I dont view the news reporter as much of a real threat because he is a print media and even if he breaks the story soon, it would be a little while before it was caught up and much was made of it in the television and radio news. However there is the internet media to consider in all this.

In the story time line, are we getting close to the statue of limitations deal so that Trevor's dad can come clean and begin to bring the house down around George and Bridgette? I cant wait to see the reaction of Joel and Lisa (especailly Lisa) to finding out that she is the real murderer in all this. I am so glad this story has continued and looks like it may continue for some time. As an oldtimer it reminds me of the Saturday morning serials that I loved as a kid back in the day of black and white tv (oh my God! Did I just date myself or what).

We're getting very close to the statute of limitations expiry; It's the end of November in the chapter being posted today, and the statures finish expiring on Dec 16th. The pace of time (days per chapter) accelerates soon, so yep, we'll be finding out soon. :)

I just figured out what it is. :)

I should probably explain, while I enjoy your writing, I often feel a bit disappointed after reading one of your installments. It didn't make sense, I enjoyed your other stories which I got to read in bulk and the straight up storytelling quality of Circumnavigation seems to be far superior to your previous stories, so despite better writing and what is (at least so far) a better plotted / realistic story, why was I feeling disappointed. This was confusing for me and as a result, I refrained from commenting after each chapter because I didn't want my "disappointment" to show.

Well, I got it, I went back and sampled various chapters of your previous stories without re-reading the entire stories, same blah-ish feeling. So I re-read Circumnavigation from chapter 1 right up to the split pea soup with meat pie, I LOVED IT.

I think, like most "real" authors, your stories need to be told in their entirety to be the thrilling and interesting stories that they are, stories that have a good start to finish arc with a series of mini-arcs in between, all paced so that the book, as opposed to the chapter holds together as a coherent piece of work. Because of your meticulous attention to detail, as stand alone works, chapters tend to feel like they plod along whether there is any truth to the feeling. Many internet authors because the method of publication demands it, tend to pack excitement into every chapter, which is great when you are reading a chapter here or there but when you try reading the story as a completed piece of work, such stories just don't seem to work as well in many cases.

So, I am now going to try to struggle with my reading addiction and hold off on reading Circumnavigation as chapters come out so that I can enjoy the story in its entirety even more when the book completed.

Thanks so much for all the work you do, it is truly appreciated.

Thanks!

That's a very interesting point! Yes, I do write, to a degree, a novel more than a serial. Serials are more episodic, like a TV show, where you have a situation and resolution in one or two episodes, though there may be overarching plot arcs in some cases.

Reading addiction? Good, because I have a writing addiction. :)

On the other hand, writing, proofreading, polishing, and then all the work my team does, then formatting and posting, is quite a lot of work. My motive (the only reward I get for doing this) is this forum and other feedback, so if everyone waited until the end, they'd be waiting forever because my motive for posting would be gone. I'd still write, of course.. that's an addiction. Sharing my stories, on the other hand, is a choice. Without ongoing reader interaction (such as we have here in the forum, e-mail, PM) I'd have no motive to post my work on the 'net. :read:

The one time I visited Australia, I had loads of pies - they seem to be ubiquitous. The idea of floating one in pea soup sounds delicious to me...

Welcome to my sig! :2thumbs:

You're right; Kookaburra, if she's not fast enough to do the sonar towing, would be no use at all, so why take her to Florida, even if they could? :)

And you're absolutely right; it can't be a cliffhanger. :2thumbs:

If you believe the reporter is up to no good in a bad sense, cliffy?

Otherwise how can you tell he's not doing his job

Shane can't afford the plane ticket, shots, and health insurance if he went to america.

He'll gladly take up Trevor on a charter

But then he may not relish navigating it back to austrailia unless he learns it on the way there.

or do we want the Mr Blake to travel along.

Any way we getting ahead of ourselves - B&G drug thing with Lisa and Joel, and Sanchez, and looking for relatives

Lots to change the decision.

It would be a heck of a voyage. From Carnarvon, the fastest way to Florida is to keep going, becuase it's past the halfway point in a Circumnavigation. Also, if he did go west instead, the best route would be via Suez (and Somalia) again. So, he'd have to go east. Going around Australia's top end would be hard; it would mean going against the prevailing winds. So, he has to go south. That means the fastest way home would be south of Australia, pst Tasmania, then the roaring 40's across the pacific to Cape Horn, then hang a left and up the Atlantic. Going via Panama is shorter, but the central pacific winds are less reliable and more likely to be adverse. So if speed is the goal, it'd be a roaring 40's (or lower) transpacific run to Cape Horn. :)

Colin

From Carnarvon, the fastest way to Florida is to keep on heading east. Trevor wasn't thinking of sailing west; any mention of the Horn of Africa was related to a return route from Florida. :)

Great point on Kline being found by Ned. Ned might not take kindly to trespassers. :)

Ahhem! It can't be a cliffhanger. :P

B)......................... Hahaha! I really don't see that scenario happening, however Jason Kline may have put himself in danger by breaking this story, the cartel may think he is holding out on information while they look for Trevor whereabouts. This could actually lead Trevor to be on alert if the story is broken by Kline and he winds up dead. So what do you say to a circumnavigation of Australia? 0:)

From the look of things now, Trevor would be a lot better off if he stayed out of Carnarvon. :)

Huge Fan, Keep up the Great Work.

Thanks! :)

BTW, a chapter (Meetings and Concerns) will be posted in a few hours. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..