Do you use lubricants regularly?

• Site Administrator

Well that's a blunt question. Honestly, just about anyone can answer it though :P Not just gay guys. The short answer is, if you're not careful, yes. Even then for some people it always hurts a little, at least at first. Some say it doesn't hurt at all. Depends on you and your partner, I guess. Lubricants are very helpful, the slippery-er the better. Usually if you relax the pain goes away, but that takes time to learn how to do. Sex of any type, especially for beginners, can be uncomfortable and make you tense. That's not conducive to a pain-free encounter. Then again, practice makes perfect ;) Just be safe, be with someone who cares to make things feel good for both of you and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

Lots of lube is important to anal sex since its not like a vagina with natural lubricants. Plus it feels better on both ends if its wet and slippery. Flavored, mouth-safe lube is lots of fun. innocent.gif I like the blunt, straight-forward way you asked the question too. :P

I always use lube. And like Matt says, it makes the ride much more enjoyable for both partners.

In my experience, other lubes work just as well as the traditional ones (KY Jelly or Astroglide). I have used Aloe Vera lotion and hair conditioner, and both worked fine. You want to stay away from shampoo or soap tho, because those will give you a burning sensation in your rectum.

As to the pain, if you use a finger first and loosen up the entrance, then it makes it so much easier.

• Like 1

Nope. I have ridiculously sensitive skin which is even more sensitive in the sensitive areas so lube tends to burn and not feel very good. :thumbdown: I use spit instead and that works better than lube ever did. And, yeah, it can hurt if you're not used to it or if you don't prepare properly. But like everything else it just gets easier with practice, practice, practice, lol.

*blushes* i was kind of curious because i was wondering what happens to the sphincter muscle during anal sex. I heard that it can tear during anal sex. I have been reading yaoi mangas a lot lately. I wanted to know whether guys actually do it in missionary or is it only for vaginal stuff. I admit i am embarrasingly ignorant about this but i just want to know things work for guys. At the moment, i just dont have the anatomy for that :D

• Like 1

*blushes* i was kind of curious because i was wondering what happens to the sphincter muscle during anal sex. I heard that it can tear during anal sex. I have been reading yaoi mangas a lot lately. I wanted to know whether guys actually do it in missionary or is it only for vaginal stuff. I admit i am embarrasingly ignorant about this but i just want to know things work for guys. At the moment, i just dont have the anatomy for that :D

Well most positions that work for straight people work for two guys two, although sometimes they have to be slightly modified. But really, gay sex isn't miles apart from straight sex like some people are led to believe.

There is this wonderful book called, The Joys of Gay Sex. You should read it. It'll answer any questions you have about gay sex. Plus, it has pretty pictures ;)

Also, don't listen to things online about sex. Make sure you double check things, such as alternatives for lube.

• Site Administrator

A big thing with using alternatives to lube is to make sure they ARE condom safe. Safe safe safe! Again, positions and what works depends on the partners for the most part. Body size, support surface being used, athletic ability :P Those are just about the only limiting factors. And yes, sometimes if you aren't careful about stretching or using lube whoever is 'bottoming' can get torn, usually microtears that are just uncomfortable but not dangerous. The best way to treat those is to just use a warm sitz bath (hot water enough to sit in, you can use soothing bath salts or not at your preference) and ointment will usually have you right as rain in a day or two.

A big thing with using alternatives to lube is to make sure they ARE condom safe. Safe safe safe! Again, positions and what works depends on the partners for the most part. Body size, support surface being used, athletic ability :P Those are just about the only limiting factors. And yes, sometimes if you aren't careful about stretching or using lube whoever is 'bottoming' can get torn, usually microtears that are just uncomfortable but not dangerous. The best way to treat those is to just use a warm sitz bath (hot water enough to sit in, you can use soothing bath salts or not at your preference) and ointment will usually have you right as rain in a day or two.

I love it when women talk knowledgeably about anal sex.B)

does anal sex hurt when it happens?

Sometimes. It all depends on what stud I have a hold of at the moment. As for using lubricant regularly, yeap. I even use it when I'm not engaged in sexual intercourse. 0:) As said before, the less friction, the better.

There is this wonderful book called, The Joys of Gay Sex. You should read it. It'll answer any questions you have about gay sex. Plus, it has pretty pictures ;)

Also, don't listen to things online about sex. Make sure you double check things, such as alternatives for lube.

Terrific book. I'd forgotten about it. The illustrations are great.

Lube of some kind is absolutely essential, in my opinion. Spit works fine for me if there's plenty of it. Some lubricants can cause condoms to fail (please use one every time, w/o exception, and I don't mean one of those from a truck stop restroom), particularly if they're petroleum-based, like vaseline.

Pain in some degree can happen, but if you work up to it gently, it's not so bad, then it gets better. Much better.

And, yeah, thanks for asking a direct question. You're online, and nobody can see anybody blush.

• Site Administrator

I love it when women talk knowledgeably about anal sex.B)

I am a write what you know type ;) Sex is and should be fun when it's with the right person, with lots of room to explore if you trust your partner. There are certain things I can't know as a woman but others, well... :P Yeah, that's where that comment is going to end. And Cam, no I am not going to write any sex manuals so don't ask again!

A big thing with using alternatives to lube is to make sure they ARE condom safe. Safe safe safe! .

**sings** If your gonna get a piece of my love... well then you'd better wear a glove.

Sorry, I just watched American Idol and I couldn't help myself.

does anal sex hurt when it happens?

Is the pope catholic? I mean seriously! lol

First time is a bitch, to start, no getting away from that. But if you have a considerate partner, plenty of water based lube then it should the make the initial stages less uncomfortable. Unless he's hung like a horse, in which case prepare yourself for a bumpy ride. dry.gif

Saying that, once you're broken in, then no, it wont hurt. :D

You could feel pain running down your leg as there are two sciatic nerves.

It also depends if the probe is navigating the large intestine correctly not hitting a bend or an organ.

Good thing roto router isn;t needed.

I did hear that one should not eat for 12 hours ... anal sex ... after a cleared dump schedule

Gosh it sounds like being a bottom is tiring ... no food until after 12 hours?

I wonder if the giver would ever suffer if the anus clamps on it. That be some un-relax bottom.

I wonder if the giver would ever suffer if the anus clamps on it. That be some un-relax bottom.

Nope, it actually feels very good for the "giver" when the guy who is bottoming clamps down on it. Trust me, I know this from personal experience. specool.gif

I did hear that one should not eat for 12 hours ... anal sex ... after a cleared dump schedule

Gosh it sounds like being a bottom is tiring ... no food until after 12 hours?

This isn't true. I've bottomed literally right after getting back from lunch, two hours after, seven, etc and there's never been a problem.